The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

For people who uses Annulment or Ward...

• HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere.
    I am looking forward to this new experience.
    PVE endgame content will feel like never done before.
    PVP wise I switch to a heavy armor build.

A big part of the community said shields should be critable and ZOS said, like always and after decades of silence:
    You want one thing? We give you another, much more intense thing on top of that, because we hear you and we will do what we have to do.
    We discovered so much critical bugs which we want to fix that we can easily use the time planned to fix these for more important things.
    Be sure that if something don't fit your expectations at the moment, we only didn't care about that because of missing informations from the class reps.
    PTS-EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will continue to play my Magicka character with shields.
    I'll probably carry on as was and try to adapt. If it really does turn out to be the end of shields I'll catch up and unslot later.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure. Recently I've only been logging in to feed my nightblade's horse and collect rewards, so I cancelled my sub which I had accidentally set to six months. If I find I'm playing regularly when it rolls over in January, I'll renew. That said, I've had a sorc main since beta and no inclination to play stam, so if magsorc is unfun there's a good chance January will be the end, but I'm in "I'll see" rather than "I'm quitting" mode.

I've already stopped PvPing since I don't really like resto/destro. I prefer to use the matriarch for healing while I'm questing and, of course, that affects my curse morph. It's not just the shields, and their tedious 6-second duration. It's been the steady chipping away of fun abilities since the beginning. If it doesn't feel good to play my character, there are other things to spend my time on.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will shelve my Magicka character.
    Jhalin wrote: »
    League World Championship event is starting soon so I’m definitely not interested in playing my neutered healer in vDungeons if these godawful changes go live

But ZOS made these changes specifically for you healers!!! Show some gratitude.

could we nerf one-shot mechanics instead and buff ambient damage

Then I’d feel more useful in the new content.

Not to mention they stole half of Warhorn’s effectiveness from groups so now there is absolutely no way to keep 100% uptime no matter how coordinated because Wardens are honestly not amazing and removing a buff from a widely utilized skill to try and make people buy wardens is an insult to healer and tanks everywhere
    Edited by Jhalin on September 26, 2018 10:55AM