The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

changes made to the xyvkin armor style not showing on LIVE server

Gilvoth
Gilvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by Gilvoth on December 2, 2018 6:56PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that as long as ZOS balances PVE like its a game of King Of The Hill and PVP like its Rock, Paper, Scissors, the cycle of nerfs and revenge nerfs will continue.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preach
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the new changes being pushed on PTS by the devs to give a 1 second delay on shield casting it is obvious that sorcerers main self defense is pretty much dead.
    perhaps now all these cries to nerf nerf nerf and especially destroy other people class defense skill will tone down?

for the past 5 years almost every single day we see new threads demanding and pushing Hard to nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf other classes skills.

we nightblades need our cloak, and need to be able to cloak instantly when its important just the same way sorcs need thier shields at an instant same thing, for defense!

maybe you guys can back off on trying to push nerfs on other classes constantly.

or are you going to just keep spamming new nerf request threads?

Though I fully agree on that matter (more buffs, not nerfs, everyone likes to get new toys!) I'm pretty much sure it won't change, nerfing others is easier solution than asking for some tools to get better.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerers are not "dead", but their main defenses are now dead.
    they need to be able to smak a shield at an instants notice. not delayed.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be playing my NB, and my DK to a lesser extent, (and i have a few of every class and am rather indifferent about what class i play) but I'm pretty sure unless every sorc just switches to NB there will be even more cries to nerf cloak in the future as the NB is going to be in a much stronger place now in PVP esp vs anyone dumb enough to wear light armor, other than NBs that is. Of course if every sorc switches to NB then we may have our wish and have a much stronger NB lobby to decry any adjustments to cloak.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just see it now.....1sec cast time coming to a cloak near you!

lol
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree

I'm a nightblade, my first character was a magicka nightblade when nobody played them back in 2014 (I'm still an average player though) and I'm defending sorcs. Why? Because given the randomness of these nerfs I'm pretty sure nightblades will go next.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how would you like to have a 1 second delay on your defences to call 911 and react to someone attacking you in real life?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    how would you like to have a 1 second delay on your defences to call 911 and react to someone attacking you in real life?

In most major American cities 911 calls have a 10+ min response time
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Finally a Nightblade main has the foresight to know that if this goes live they will do the same to cloak in update 21... No defense should have a cast time, especially not in a fast paced game like ESO
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure that Cloak will eventually be changed to take damage from previously applied DOTs (without removing us from stealth).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure that Cloak will eventually be changed to take damage from previously applied DOTs (without removing us from stealth).

Then how will NBs especially stamNBs counter DoT builds? Vigor can't outheal 3+ stacked DoTs, even with Rally. NBs dont have access to any healing buffs.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree with the O.P.

STOP the nerf train I want to get off!

I play differnet classes and none of them are enjoyable as they were pre-morrowind
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak should get the streak & dodgeroll treatment.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    5urb06.jpg
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok but oddly enough I want to see a meme of a nerf train-
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how would you like to have a 1 second delay on your defences to call 911 and react to someone attacking you in real life

sorcerers are not "dead", but their main defenses are now dead.
    they need to be able to smak a shield at an instants notice. not delayed.

with the new changes being pushed on PTS by the devs to give a 1 second delay on shield casting it is obvious that sorcerers main self defense is pretty much dead.
    perhaps now all these cries to nerf nerf nerf and especially destroy other people class defense skill will tone down?

for the past 5 years almost every single day we see new threads demanding and pushing Hard to nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf other classes skills.

we nightblades need our cloak, and need to be able to cloak instantly when its important just the same way sorcs need thier shields at an instant same thing, for defense!

maybe you guys can back off on trying to push nerfs on other classes constantly.

or are you going to just keep spamming new nerf request threads?

You're right

People need to advocate for classes that seem distinctive enough, have smooth game play, and are enjoyable. Any meta *could* exists but that doesn't mean it is optimal, worthwhile or fun. If people don't find it enjoyable, it's not smooth, then they move on from the game. A 1 sec cloak would be a smooth and enjoyable gameplay as 1 sec shields. Not sure if you saw the animation, it looks like they are taking a dump :\ and appears "clunky". NB has smooth game play and that shouldn't be interfered with.

Next patch is all about stamwarden, stamplar, and stampnb. In turn, to bring balance, the classes will be lined up at the nerf guillotine.

The devs need to find a different approach for mag classes this patch. btw, i'm less worried about mag sorc then I am for mag nb. The only have 1 working shield.........Good luck to that.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of the 1 second cast time, they could try to remove shield stacking or something. Or some other idea. Because yes, shield stacking was a problem.

Sadly like most problems the game has, it is either a very bad placed band-aid, or it is a straight out overreacted nerf.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just see it now.....1sec cast time coming to a cloak near you!

lol

If they put a 1 second delay on cloak then they would need to delete detect potions.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be playing my NB, and my DK to a lesser extent, (and i have a few of every class and am rather indifferent about what class i play) but I'm pretty sure unless every sorc just switches to NB there will be even more cries to nerf cloak in the future as the NB is going to be in a much stronger place now in PVP esp vs anyone dumb enough to wear light armor, other than NBs that is. Of course if every sorc switches to NB then we may have our wish and have a much stronger NB lobby to decry any adjustments to cloak.

MagDk’s can wear light armor.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO

This is a ridiculously poor analogy. In ESO, you aren't a hapless victim minding their own business being attacked by someone trying to break the law. You are trying to kill others and not get killed while doing it. The 1 second delay on shield casting is meant to give more value to the decision to shield up, and to prevent shield stacking (which has been complained about by the community for a very long time now). The idea is to level the playing field so that characters fighting a shield wall have a more fair shot at winning. As far as your "main defense" goes, there are plenty of other options - most sorcs just ran hardened ward because it was objectively the best option (which is telling about how the skill was overperforming in the first place). Sorcerers still have access to the instant-cast shield from healing ward (the shield and main heal that I have always run on my PVP MDK), an instant burst heal from twilight matriarch, and if all else fails, an escape that also stuns your enemies.

This change made it harder to play sorcerers, for sure. But now playing a sorcerer will be about as hard as playing any other class.

EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it, why does a 1 second cast time bother you so much in the first place? Sorcs are meant to play at range, so they're probably the class who will handle the changes to harness/dampen the best.
    Edited by Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO on September 20, 2018 6:00PM
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf ze cloakers, evasion is gone so why not. Suggested nerf increase cost 6800 magicka,shorten cloak time 1 second, cool down every 10 seconds and takeaway critical strike.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a ridiculously poor analogy. In ESO

no its not because in real life if someone is swinging at me i need to be able to INSTANTLY block them so i dont die.
    the same exact thing is happeneing in eso.
    you need to be able to INSTANTLY block and defend your self or your character will die.
    and it will greeve you to the point you quit the game eventually if it isnt changed.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EDIT: And while I'm thinking about it, why does a 1 second cast time bother you so much in the first place? Sorcs are meant to play at range, so they're probably the class who will handle the changes to harness/dampen the best.

1 second on ESO servers is really a lifetime, 1 second on client waiting to push button - 20s for the poor hamster to see it on the server, 20 more of it to find the correct response

:)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

This is a ridiculously poor analogy. In ESO

no its not because in real life if someone is swinging at me i need to be able to INSTANTLY block them so i dont die.
    the same exact thing is happeneing in eso.
    you need to be able to INSTANTLY block and defend your self or your character will die.
    and it will greeve you to the point you quit the game eventually if it isnt changed.

That's a different analogy, your initial analogy about emergency response times is garbage. And you do have the capacity to instantly block, the difference is that now you can't instant put up a damage shield that is immune to critical damage and effectively doubles your health bar, all while continuing to allow you to be offensive.

Do you know why so many people in PvP run shieldbreaker? It's because too many people in PvP run shields. I'm happy for this change, it will actually allow for some build diversification (something that a lot of sorcs have also actually been asking for...) and for those who will continue to put up shields every second, they won't be impenetrable walls from which they can continue to effectively attack from behind. It's called balancing.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, bad, or indifferent, there should be consistency across the classes. That's what balance is.

ZoS can do that one of two ways.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Gythral wrote: »

1 second on ESO servers is really a lifetime, 1 second on client waiting to push button - 20s for the poor hamster to see it on the server, 20 more of it to find the correct response

Nerf hamsters 2k18
  • wuka91
    wuka91
    ✭✭
    Cloak should get the streak & dodgeroll treatment.

why stop there? shimmering shield and dk reflection should also get the 1 second treatment. They should also cost more per application within 4-5 seconds
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potions need a drink time too.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Nerf hamsters 2k18

if they Nerf shields this way (which destroys sorc's defenses) then they will one day nerf all other skills in the same manner destroying gameplay for all of us, not just sorcs.