Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – September 2018"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    If I counted properly, 6/10 of these are limited time only. It's about time I stopped my ESO subscription.

That's nothing new for the CS, though. I've noted on several occasions that the limited-time items far outweigh any "permanent" items added to the store. Couple this with the fact that they are removing yet more items from the CS (4 this time around).

As for the female Orc costumes, I'm glad to see them, but as others have asked, what happened to the Altmer dresses? I would have thought they'd have been released by now, considering many are now moving on to Wolfhunter. Last year, both male AND female Dunmer costumes were released within the first two months of Morrowind. I'm pretty sure we won't see them next month, either, considering it'll be October and they gotta have all their spooky stuff available.

As for the Welkynar motif, yeah...the money grab is pretty transparent on this one. Once we all saw the grind for it in the PTS patch notes, we knew the motif would be in the CS at the exact same time. But, they've already started doing this with the new dungeon motifs (though those are, arguably, much easier to obtain). I did get a MW with the Welkynar motif on PC, before they fixed it. So, I have this writ in my bank that I probably won't even be able to sell due to the rarity of this motif. Although, maybe it will be easy, since a lot of players will probably just buy it from the CS. I won't be buying it. I'll wait it out and see if prices ever come down, though I imagine availability will be scarce and prices only in reach for the in-game extremely wealthy for quite some time. In the end, I'll probably just end up without that motif in my grandmaster crafter's knowledge.

ETA: While motifs do fall into the cosmetics category, motif knowledge does affect a player's chances of getting master writs. Arguably, it's a small chance, but if the number of motifs that are basically unobtainable by a lot of players continues to grow, then overall motif knowledge affecting getting MWs will continue to go down. We have to keep up with new motifs in order to keep that small bonus. Granted, it's a small bonus and overall won't affect the total number of MWs a player gets by too much, but it's still pretty crappy to start making motifs virtually unavailable to most players in-game.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 29, 2018 5:34PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Baz wrote: »
    Welkynar in the Crown Store ? For real ?

As a little hint... motifs now with a huge grind are also made available in the crown store at the same time to encourage people to just pay real life money for it rather than grind.

Hence why the Welkynar grind is probably the worst in the game, & I'd expect will also have high crown store sales as a result.

Very transparent... but at the end of the day it's cosmetics so falls within that particular list of stuff thats fair game to monetise I guess.

Welkynar motifs shows up in Master Writs, some of which appeared very soon after Sumemrset dropped

It stops being “just cosmetics” when it’s required for the main crafting reward systems like the voucher merchants. In practice this motif is not available to the majority of players through ingame means.

Technically speaking, it will be available through in-game means.

You can farm it yourself or you can farm for the gold to buy it.

Yes, both of those options will take a long time or a lot of gold. Yes, its skeevy of ZOS to make the grind for Welkynar worse so that it takes longer.

The motifs that actually aren't available for in game means (Frostcaller, Grim Harlequin, and Taesci) aren't used for Master Writs and dont count for master writ drop chance.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, both of those options will take a long time or a lot of gold. Yes, its skeevy of ZOS to make the grind for Welkynar worse so that it takes longer.

The motifs that actually aren't available for in game means (Frostcaller, Grim Harlequin, and Taesci) aren't used for Master Writs and dont count for master writ drop chance.

Yep, technically speaking, it is available in-game. So, yes, those who aren't able to farm it can farm gold to buy it. But, only time will tell how readily available it will be to purchase, and how long it will take for prices to come down to a reasonable level. I tried farming BA, and had no luck and frankly got tired of the treasure chest grind, so I just bought them all when prices came down to around 100K/page. When Welkynar gets to that point (if it EVER does), I'll do the same.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    The women's clothes look like a sack tied together with a piece of string...

No kidding! Seriously ZO$ you've ALREADY given us a ton of Orc costumes and armor. WHY MORE? And if you MUST foist more Orc stuff off on us, why this really poorly designed stuff? Why not THIS from Orsinium which we've been asking for ever since Wrothgar came out????

ldGt84p.jpg

NUctXoB.png
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Silverwulfess
    Universe wrote: »
    I was hoping that Grand Psijic Villa will be released next month.
    I wonder when this home will be released.

That's exactly the question I came into this thread to answer.

I've got my crowns ready for this!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Must resist the urge to spend all my Crowns on weapons with purple glowy bits... Why does ZOS know my weakness.

Nice to see the Imperial War Horse and Mastiff as options to buy for those who missed them in the dungeons event.

Just curious, but what event was it? I've seen a couple white mastiffs with gold on them in passing on occasion.

Ten Million Stories event a.k.a Group Finder Stress test.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Oh neat, more orc costumes!

My favourite this month :)

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yep, technically speaking, it is available in-game. So, yes, those who aren't able to farm it can farm gold to buy it. But, only time will tell how readily available it will be to purchase, and how long it will take for prices to come down to a reasonable level. I tried farming BA, and had no luck and frankly got tired of the treasure chest grind, so I just bought them all when prices came down to around 100K/page. When Welkynar gets to that point (if it EVER does), I'll do the same.

This is so conroversial.
    In order to "git gud" and grind them myself, first thing i would have to do would be buying a racechanger, and a second one, so i can get back to awesome looks after i complete the ~40 to 60 vcr+3 runs. Generously assuming i am actually able to get that good thats already 6k crowns down the drain, while ignoring the month of time and millions of gold invested in grinding and upgrading some gear a random person from the internet called "meta", practising rotas and spending way to much time with a grp of metards and elitist jerks.

Buying from traders, given the efford it will take to get a random motif, i would expect the more asked ones, like chest or swords, to initally hit traders for 2m+/ea.
    Given those (mayhaps fair) prices, the majority of ppl who care for the looks will prolly buy them for crowns or "gold for gift". That could cause demand for them to decrease enough to make farming them a waste of time, esp when most of the time u get belts or head or sth else noone cares for.

The upside: The motif isnt limited time, so theres enough time to watch the forums if someone finds a "clever use of unintended gamemechanics" and they start flooding guildtraders for 5k/ea in week two, thus delaying the need to math out if buying gold from bot and buying motif as gift is cheaper than buying motif for crowns. xD
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be the least exciting month for the Crown Store in all the years I've played this game. Did the marketing team get fired or take some time off or something? There are many excellent suggestions in the Crown Store Wish List thread that many players, myself included, would actually spend money on. Instead, the ZOS coffers are going to get next-to-nothing this month. Might as well let the accountants take a vacation since they won't be very busy.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The orc outfits are lovely...but did I miss the Summerset kinlady's gown?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to write a long post about my disappointment with Welkynar being available in the Crown Store at the same time as in-game availability, and how this is an insult to the people who do this difficult content.

But I've grown tired. Tired of these actions. Tired of the lack of acknowledgement of these grievances. So I'll just keep it short: I hate it. Stop treating your players like *** with this kind of ***. Start listening.

Whatever. You never listen anyway.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that after Crown Store gifting was allowed we got motifs put on to the Crown Store before or when they were released in-game as drops.

Thing is, I can pay a friend with crowns to get the Welkynar motif or random people on guild stores at variable prices...honestly rather give gold to a friend for it!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am dissapointed, that there will still be no new player house this month. My current one was ravaged and I was hoping to travel to the Psijic Villa very soon. Seems it will be a few more months :neutral: And please, if you can, somehow release the Auri-El/Trinimac statue from the temple in Shimmerene. It's the most beautiful thing in the game, to me.
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2018 8:26PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    ldGt84p.jpg
    This robe I want. Will I buy something from the Crown Store in September? Definitely not.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemalelow_1x1.jpggp_crwn_costume_altmerfemmedium_1x1.jpggp_crwn_costumes_altmerfemhigh_1x1.jpg

that dresses been in game loooong before even Morrowind (I first saw first and second one on first April Fool event, i think), and last year, with dunmer chapter we got dunmer costumes both for male and female at the same time
    why are we not getting the same with altmer chapter? why are so little summerset-themed staff in crownstore in the time of summerset launch and so on?
    :( i'm very disapointed in this mounth crown store showcase
    Edited by Fortunatto on August 29, 2018 11:06PM
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to the Altmer dresses, too. :(

On the fence about these Orc dresses. They look pretty nice... but I'm not sold on those shoulders.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for an Altmer Dress or one of the Rare, Rainbow Unicorn-Deer Pokémon Mounts for my birthday month but I will have to settle for something in the Crown Crates if it is Wild Hunt as some have said... and What about the Maomer Fish Skin!?

xkn5tu.jpg
    bedl5t.jpg
    2cmxkh.jpg
    2lt5ye.jpg
    10608xv.jpg
    https://elderscrolls.net/tag/magazin-tovarov-za-krony/page/2/
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    I was hoping for an Altmer Dress or one of the Rare, Rainbow Unicorn-Deer Pokémon Mounts for my birthday month but I will have to settle for something in the Crown Crates if it is Wild Hunt as some have said... and What about the Maomer Fish Skin!?

Datamining is simply information of interest that has been found in the updated game files. This information is by no means indicative of a confirmed release or a timely release.

Until new assets are officially confirmed, it's best to take the mindset that they do not exist. Demanding individual assets has not proven to be an effective method of obtaining those assets any more quickly.
    signing off
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemalelow_1x1.jpggp_crwn_costume_altmerfemmedium_1x1.jpggp_crwn_costumes_altmerfemhigh_1x1.jpg

that dresses been in game loooong before even Morrowind (I first saw first and second one on first April Fool event, i think), and last year, with dunmer chapter we got dunmer costumes both for male and female at the same time
    why are we not getting the same with altmer chapter? why are so little summerset-themed staff in crownstore in the time of summerset launch and so on?
    :( i'm very disapointed in this mounth crown store showcase

I was crazy about that 3rd dress when I saw it for the first time. It’s just a perfect gown for my main altmer healer. Can’t believe they are not releasing it yet(((((
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

xkn5tu.jpg
    bedl5t.jpg
    2cmxkh.jpg
    2lt5ye.jpg
    10608xv.jpg
    https://elderscrolls.net/tag/magazin-tovarov-za-krony/page/2/

These are exactly what I wanted to see in September, altmer dresses and Maomer skin..

Why oh why do we have to wait so long..
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No altmer dresses :(
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to Sotha Sil statue / furnishing pack :( ? hoping it comes next month for CWC anniversary...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boring...i mean BOOOOOOORING!!

psijic villa? hunter's glade ? alinor dresses? nope. big fat NOPE

c'mon!! give me opportuninyty to spend crowns - bring something worthy!!

not just meh filler stuff you put in CS just to make it looks like it is not empty - it doesn't work for me

the bad part is - i'm not even surprised

it goes like this for a looong time allready - you see good datamined stuff and think something like -

good job, nice start now bring a little more and i'll be happy and gonna buy it all

and then you return into reality with CS month looks like nothing good/lame art/lame lazy reskin/another filler...

same story on crown crates - 90% is lazy attempts to just fill positions...

damn gimme my chance to spend my crowns!!

srsly guys sitting on crown store theme - GIT GUD!!
    Edited by Darkenarlol on August 30, 2018 8:15AM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I was going to write a long post about my disappointment with Welkynar being available in the Crown Store at the same time as in-game availability, and how this is an insult to the people who do this difficult content.

But I've grown tired. Tired of these actions. Tired of the lack of acknowledgement of these grievances. So I'll just keep it short: I hate it. Stop treating your players like *** with this kind of ***. Start listening.

Whatever. You never listen anyway.

The only proper answer to this is not buying the motif from the crown store nor from the guild stores to do your part to let this marketing strategy fail.
    I'll do mine.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeease get new on the psijic house.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

The only proper answer to this is not buying the motif from the crown store nor from the guild stores to do your part to let this marketing strategy fail.
    I'll do mine.

^^^^^ I'm a casual player so: I don't want to spend my crowns on a motif, I don't have enough gold for it and..... I also don't have time to play end content. So.... no, I won't have it ever lol.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow literally nothing remotely interesting next month that's kinda sad. Where is all the summerset stuff? If they wanted to have orc costumes they could've had them during the anniversary event which would've made more sense. Now it's close to Halloween and still no summerset items which I doubt we'll get in October, but who knows maybe they'll think that's a good time. What on earth is zos thinking with these showcases anymore though, it's like they're a month or two off from when these items should've been available.
    Edited by ApostateHobo on August 31, 2018 4:53AM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    Where are the male orc Alinor dresses and furniture packages?

Ftfy
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe next month
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, it is september now.
    Where is the stuff?