The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – September 2018"

• arnuryl2875
    arnuryl2875
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

First of all sorry for my poor english.
    I know that is almost impossible but...
    I wonder if it's possible to have another "limited time" chance to buy Imperial horse and mastiff in the next months.
    My boss gave me holidays only in september and now I'm in a far farm in the middle of Moldova and ESO is in my desktop...in Rome!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    So, it is september now.
    Where is the stuff?

Did you read the linked article? Because the answer is in the article...

(The first item shows up on the 3rd, Welkynar on the 12th, lots more on the 13th and the Arms Pack late in the month.)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's possible to have another "limited time" chance to buy Imperial horse and mastiff in the next months.
    My boss gave me holidays only in september and now I'm in a far farm in the middle of Moldova and ESO is in my desktop...in Rome!

If you already have sufficient crowns in your account (I'm estimating 2500 for the mount and 1000 for the pet), you can open a support ticket asking to redeem them for those two item.
    As you're in a different country, they may need to confirm your identity to ensure neither your email account nor your game account was used without authorization.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident

signing off
  • arnuryl2875
    arnuryl2875
    Soul Shriven
    Acrolas wrote: »

If you already have sufficient crowns in your account (I'm estimating 2500 for the mount and 1000 for the pet), you can open a support ticket asking to redeem them for those two item.
    As you're in a different country, they may need to confirm your identity to ensure neither your email account nor your game account was used without authorization.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident

Thank you for your care and for the awesome news!
    I will Try this way ASAP
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that according to the article there will be be no items going on sale between Thursday September 6th and Wednesday 12th. This then happens again between the 20th and 26th? This is most unusual, for as long as I can remember they always update the store on a Thursday with some new offerings. I suspect something out of the ordinary might occur this month.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    So, it is september now.
    Where is the stuff?

Did you read the linked article? Because the answer is in the article...

(The first item shows up on the 3rd, Welkynar on the 12th, lots more on the 13th and the Arms Pack late in the month.)

Heh, I pretty much only looked at screenshots.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that according to the article there will be be no items going on sale between Thursday September 6th and Wednesday 12th. This then happens again between the 20th and 26th? This is most unusual, for as long as I can remember they always update the store on a Thursday with some new offerings. I suspect something out of the ordinary might occur this month.

Imperial City Celebration is Sept 6 through Sept 17 which includes a DLC sale.

If you look at the Fawn Echalette (Sept 13), the flavor text says Wrothgar but the landscape and architecture is definitely from Summerset. In an Orsimer-themed showcase, it does feel like a teaser for something else. The TBA Summerset Event might be within that other block of time.
    signing off
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I see the Echetare pet I always see this..

v3o9ap.jpg

Echelette it go... let it go!...
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aw_crwn_emote_jugglinpumpkins_1x1.jpg

Will this hairstyle EVER be available? :neutral: All my lovely Mer are in great need of it!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    aw_crwn_emote_jugglinpumpkins_1x1.jpg

Will this hairstyle EVER be available? :neutral: All my lovely Mer are in great need of it!

There are SO MANY THINGS they NEED to get into the store that are just....sitting. And I have no idea why. Don't you WANT my money ZO$?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:45PM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Black hair for altmer when?

Other Altmer have it, why not ours?
    Edited by LukosCreyden on September 12, 2018 12:42PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • SeleneXIII
    SeleneXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they released the Welkynar motif with a record price of 6000 crowns

I wonder how high they can go before people will say woah stop...
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeleneXIII wrote: »

I guess I'm not surprised, as the full motif has to be the hardest motif to obtain in game. I agree though that it does raise the question of where does this stop?
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:45PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeleneXIII wrote: »

As long as they increase the awfulness of the grind required to get the item in game, they can increase the price as much as they want.

That's what they did here.

On the one hand, pay 6000 crowns or the equivalent gold for a gift.

On the other, grind a difficult trial to get motif pieces, which you can bind together once a week, to get a random page of the motif, which if you sell it the price is dictated by the crown to gold ratio on your platform.

ZOS is betting, probably rightly, that people would rather pay 6000 crowns than put up with the absurdity of the grind for Welkynar.

If that bet pays out, expect ZOS to continue adding punishing grinds to motifs to encourage players to pay higher crown prices.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is betting, probably rightly, that people would rather pay 6000 crowns than put up with the absurdity of the grind for Welkynar.

If that bet pays out, expect ZOS to continue adding punishing grinds to motifs to encourage players to pay higher crown prices.

That's the key, the bet should not pay out.
    I don't think that nobody should pay the motif with crowns, but I'd say that, unless 6k crowns is well within you budget, it would be wiser to leave the motif on the shelves.
    Otherwise the next motif will probably cost 6.5-7k crowns and be farmable but only twice a month in max difficulty trial.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please communicate this to leadership:

Any item that has a game achievement attached SHOULD NOT be offered in the Crown store.

The most egregious example to date is the Welkynar motif, an item obtainable in game that has an achievement attached to collecting it. Please stop putting in-game achievement items in the Crown store. Inevitably you have succumbed to the temptation to make it INCREDIBLY difficult to obtain in game while very easy to obtain for those with cash. This trend you've been on has reached Pay2Win levels and this is not the first time.

No respectable company should behave this way. Get your act together ZOS. I'm disgusted by what your marketing strategies are doing to this otherwise excellent game.

This issue has nothing to do with prices in the Crown Store. You can offer items for any price you want as long as you don't violate this simple and obvious principle. STOP IT. I've spent well over $500 this year alone and satisfied with doing it - BUT STOP GRABBING AT OUR WALLETS for achievement items. You need to have two categories of items - one for in-game acquisition and one for Crown store acquisition. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE if you want people to respect you and this game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

That's the key, the bet should not pay out.
    I don't think that nobody should pay the motif with crowns, but I'd say that, unless 6k crowns is well within you budget, it would be wiser to leave the motif on the shelves.
    Otherwise the next motif will probably cost 6.5-7k crowns and be farmable but only twice a month in max difficulty trial.

The bet shouldn't pay out, if we were all ideal economic actors or we all decided that now was the moment to take a stand and inform ZOS this price is too high.

We aren't, and we won't, and as long as ZOS makes enough sales for them to consider it a successful bet, they'll continue to monetize motifs by increasing the grind difficulty so that crowns are a more convenient option even as the price increases.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please communicate this to leadership:

Any item that has a game achievement attached SHOULD NOT be offered in the Crown store.

The most egregious example to date is the Welkynar motif, an item obtainable in game that has an achievement attached to collecting it. Please stop putting in-game achievement items in the Crown store. Inevitably you have succumbed to the temptation to make it INCREDIBLY difficult to obtain in game while very easy to obtain for those with cash. This trend you've been on has reached Pay2Win levels and this is not the first time.

No respectable company should behave this way. Get your act together ZOS. I'm disgusted by what your marketing strategies are doing to this otherwise excellent game.

This issue has nothing to do with prices in the Crown Store. You can offer items for any price you want as long as you don't violate this simple and obvious principle. STOP IT. I've spent well over $500 this year alone and satisfied with doing it - BUT STOP GRABBING AT OUR WALLETS for achievement items. You need to have two categories of items - one for in-game acquisition and one for Crown store acquisition. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE if you want people to respect you and this game.

I don't even understand how they think doing things like this (Welkynar) is okay. I know that the developers are sitting at their desks, KNOWING they're going to get completely barraged by vocal bullets from their community. Why should I waste my time on achievements to earn cool cosmetics when they're just going to be thrown up on the cash shop for people that can't clear the content, but have money? What a slap in the face, every time.
    I play this game a little bit I guess