The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mag-Sorcs are slow and debilitated in a PvP environment!

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your joking right?

Seriously, please tell me your joking.

My magsorc have lots of fun killing in bg.

My stamnb bowganker is not near as good as my magsorc.

Here do this if you can.

2 light mighty chuda. Divines magicka
    5 light war maiden. Divines magicka.
    3 jewels mothers sorrow. Infused spldmg.
    Front mothers sorrow flame infused berserk.
    Back mothers sorrow lightning infused berserk.

Frontbar skills.
    Haunting curse. Mages wrath. Crystal frag. Critical surge. Boundless storm.
    Backbar skills.
    Mages wrath. Liquid lightning. Restraining prison. Critical surge. Boundless storm.

For your perusal.

Mighty Chudan gives you effectively 2,975 resistances and 1206 health if you run Boundless Storm. Boundless Storm is even more a waste of a bar slot if you have major Ward and major resolve with a 100% uptime anyway. Surge on both bars is another wasted slot.

Liquid lightning can work in a Domination or Crazy King type match where flags are objectives. Otherwise it’s another wasted slot.

By the look of your bar setup all you do is spam Wrath until Frags proc with the sprinkled in Curse. Sure you get kills. But that’s not your doing at all.

By the way, War Maiden only buffs Frags und Curse in your setup. Everything else isn’t magic damage.

I agree with @Biro123. It’s a terrible build that only thrives on kill stealing.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your joking right?

Here do this if you can.

Frontbar skills.
    Backbar skills.
    Mages wrath. Liquid lightning. Restraining prison. Critical surge. Boundless storm.

For your perusal.

Your joking right?

Entering a BG in full Divines in Murkmire patch ?

:D
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1510876374773.gif
    That build just made me die a little on the inside.

Edited by ATomiX96 on November 7, 2018 12:45PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag dks heavy damage? Lmao! Try to end a fight on a mag dk. Practically have to run 3 bloodthirsty to ever end a fight
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc offense is fine. Sorc defense is one of the worst atm.

Give sorcs an decent heal that goes off once it is activated and doesn't require a slot on both bars. Hating that healing ward nerf.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »

Give sorcs an decent heal that goes off once it is activated and doesn't require a slot on both bars. Hating that healing ward nerf.

IMO its exactly the other way around, I hit like a wet noodle with 3k spelldamage, 11k pen, good chunk of crit (~35%) and master inferno in Vivec but I can confortably facetank 2-3 semi-skilled people for a good amount of time until they eventually give up.
    My biggest problem I got with sorc is that its a pure potato farmer spec, you wont be able to get anyone into execute range who is better than the average cyrodiil player.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on November 7, 2018 1:36PM
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

IMO its exactly the other way around, I hit like a wet noodle with 3k spelldamage, 11k pen, good chunk of crit (~35%) and master inferno in Vivec but I can confortably facetank 2-3 semi-skilled people for a good amount of time until they eventually give up.
    My biggest problem I got with sorc is that its a pure potato farmer spec, you wont be able to get anyone into execute range who is better than the average cyrodiil player.

Are you using overload light attack weaving?

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Was just going to say that!

Sorc defence is now good when you invest in it - but that investment makes the offence terrible.. :-(
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »

i've tried every single ultimate, idk overload LA weave feels clunky for some reason and when you run out of ultimate before you toggle off your light attacks bug out and you just cant do light attacks anymore before you barswap. It has potential but idk.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think its so much easier to be a stamina player, give it a shot. You'll be back in your sorc in less than a week.

The fact is :magsorcs now have to actually use their brains like the rest of us when they want a kill. No more guaranteed one shots on squishies. You think swift mobility is ridicilous? Welcome to the reality. It has been like that since summerset. Think your life as a magsorc is hard? Try using dizzying swing. Land at least 2 of your 10 swings on a swift stamblade and I will apologize for doubting you.

Don't know about the delays you are talking about though.

"The fact is :magsorcs now have to actually use their brains like the rest of us when they want a kill." This is the most brain dead argument generally used on these forums.
    Edited by Idinuse on November 7, 2018 2:17PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i've tried every single ultimate, idk overload LA weave feels clunky for some reason and when you run out of ultimate before you toggle off your light attacks bug out and you just cant do light attacks anymore before you barswap. It has potential but idk.

I still like it - but it does have issues.. Had a fight with a wings-spamming DK a week or so back.. Was laggy, but took me 5 goes - 5 goes! just to turn it off so I wouldn't kill myself!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be able to kill most people on Vivek weaving this in. Have you tried the lovers mundus stone?
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit a 10k frag yesterday on a Max CP player. That felt good. Overload weaving feels good to me, and creates a lot of pressure and helps sustain. (I did notice the light attack bug)

And that was with a thrown together non optimized setup.

Only played about an hour in cyrodiil but it felt okay.

Don't really play the game much anymore, but I think I could setup and be a competitive PvP MagSorc in this update.

Did I mention I hit a 10k frag on a non optimized build. God that felt good.

InB4 they nerf frags again.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except hitting a “max CP player” actually says nothing without knowing the setup and combat situation @Jsmalls.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Except hitting a “max CP player” actually says nothing without knowing the setup and combat situation @Jsmalls.

Could have been the guy above in his full divines!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »

Could have been the guy above in his full divines!

lmfao
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @all those people above me

Yeah not a clue, but I was rocking ~30k of each resistance, with invigorating, infused small pieces, purple gear without a full 5 piece set.

When I say not optimized I mean mediocre setup.

Still I haven't seen a 10k frag in a long time. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw it there.

All in all, my frags were hurting players yesterday. And when weaved with an OL light attack? 10k++

Think I'm done with this game anyways though, been playing for what 4-5 years? Geez, fallout 76 has been a lot of fun also so.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your joking right?

Here do this if you can.

Frontbar skills.
    Backbar skills.

For your perusal.

Terrible advice.

:D
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I've been wanting to address this for sometime now, in that mag-sorcs are simply not optimal class-builds at all compared to most others in this game. This is not an argument about either how OP or not they are, but really about how there is a struggle of time with mag-sorcs and casting abilities.

I started to notice this in last patch (Wolfhunter), where my Endless Fury, seems to have lost its instant cast. I tried it in PvE to see if maybe it was a lag issue, but honestly, there is a gap of time between cast and strike, that didn't exist before. Even with crystal frag procced, it seems to have a slight delay as well. Why are the devs creating pseudo-instant casts? If something is instant it should be immediate.

It is bad enough that more than 50% of sorc skills are long in cast time, but to create so many gaps in time, and to fail to compensate for things like extremely fast stam builds, with long-reaching gap closers and melee weapons that seem to reach beyond 8 meters, the magsorc is forced to stay out of the fight and can neither effectively fight unless they come out with an insta-execute from range. Everything seems faster than a mag-sorc in my experience. There seems to be a huge gap between mag-sorc and most other builds that seem to be able to execute multiple skills and attacks in the same window of time that it takes a mag-sorc to deliver even one attack or skill. Add shielding to the mix and you add even more time between attacks, for defense, and less time for offense (really the only way to survive PvP as mag-sorc is excessive shield stacking or health regen with little to no sustained damage).

I really enjoy longer fights, but it seems in PvP if you're not an elite player, you're forced to play something that has speed (stamina) and/or heavy damage (NBs/[mag]DKs), to even be a viable competitor. Mag-sorcs are basically designed to be on the damage side of support, like a healer without the heals. In a PvP fight they are slow AF.

Hi werewolf player here... Trust me you have no idea what "lack of mobility" really means :smile:
    The only difference is I have resistances which somewhat compensate it.
    Jokes aside I feel your pain not having a snare removal, speed pots do help but only temporarily.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is like playing ESO with a game genie, and I know most of you defending are too young to know what that was.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    If you think its so much easier to be a stamina player, give it a shot. You'll be back in your sorc in less than a week.

The fact is :magsorcs now have to actually use their brains like the rest of us when they want a kill. No more guaranteed one shots on squishies. You think swift mobility is ridicilous? Welcome to the reality. It has been like that since summerset. Think your life as a magsorc is hard? Try using dizzying swing. Land at least 2 of your 10 swings on a swift stamblade and I will apologize for doubting you.

Don't know about the delays you are talking about though.

Stam is incredibly easy

Says a guy with 3 sorcs. You're the soul twin of the stamblade that swears its not overpowered.

Irylia spends most his time playing everything but his sorc.

By the way, I have 3 sorcs....and 3 stamblades, 1 stamden, 1 magplar, 1magdk, 1 stamdk and I am saying stamina is easy too
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your joking right?

Here do this if you can.

Frontbar skills.
    Backbar skills.

For your perusal.

Terrible advice.

That's pretty much the worst set up I have ever seen
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, I have 3 sorcs....and 3 stamblades, 1 stamden, 1 magplar, 1magdk, 1 stamdk and I am saying stamina is easy too

IKR

People responding to me saying that magsorc is either OP or EZ, I have a feeling they never played magsorc, because if they did they would understand the frustration of the slow and clumsy mechanics ZOS has built into it.

This is NOT my opinion! I play other builds, and honestly all the stamina builds I have out perform my magicka builds in leaps and bounds. Why? I've noticed that is mainly because they can get through a rotation much faster, and it seems stamina resources are not as expensive as magicka ones (not to mention that regen on magicka seems bugged, because it doesn't regen fast enough <--- another speed issue).

All of my stamina builds easily do 10K-15K more damage than any of my mag builds. My stam builds really don't need BiS gear to get higher DPS. On my mag builds though BiS gear is a must, and even then DPS is mediocre at best. My stamsorcs out performs my magsorcs. My stamden outperforms my magden. I don't even bother with DPS for my magplar, but my stamplars are very versatile and powerful DPSs. My stamblades are straight up murdering machines. The only really awful stam build is my stamdk, but there's not much issue with that.