The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The change to riposte is too much

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    It still can have permanent uptime... What opponent isn't critting you once every 5 seconds...

As far as being only a back bar set, that's the choice that has to be made.

The fact that it can still have 100% uptime is still the problem in my opinion. No set should have 15% reduced damage for 100% of the time.

True, that's why I don't mind the duration reduction. I do mind however that it now is pretty useless against DoT builds and I think that's pretty weak for a 5 pc bonus that you pretty much will have to run on your front bar.

Dots cannot crit?

It no longer procs off dots or aoes, only direct damage now.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    It still can have permanent uptime... What opponent isn't critting you once every 5 seconds...

As far as being only a back bar set, that's the choice that has to be made.

The fact that it can still have 100% uptime is still the problem in my opinion. No set should have 15% reduced damage for 100% of the time.

With direct damage?

Are light attacks not direct damage?
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Magplar and I support this change. One more step into the right direction. Sick of players equipping certain sets and autoactivate ez mode. Wish they did the same with sloads though....

Riposte was not madatory at all. It was too ez to keep up the buff. Im happy peole actually have to do something now.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Rune cage nerf was very justified, stam builds could and can still break free, mag builds now can choose to dodge roll it. Now we don’t have to hope to high hell the skill doesn’t bug out, as an unavoidable cc. But I agree wizards repost was too much a nerf. Just reduce the uptime slightly and keep the proc conditions.

Justified? Turning a skill into a version that just drops block and isn’t even a guarantee it does? For the cost of 3k+ mag and a GCD? No thanks. It’s a waste.

Do you think the change to Defensive Rune was justified also? Really?

What part of “Rune Cage” did you read as “Defensive Rune”? Have you really been crutching on Rune Cage so much you can’t function without a ridiculously overtuned, Snipe range, unblockable, undodgeable, 5 second stun, that half the time bugs out and becomes unbreakable? Making it dodgeable is the least ZOS could do to make it bearable for everyone else.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set gets annoying because it's always up in most fights. On my dk I always have the debuff because of its ridiculous uptime. I think it's a bland set on my magplar aswell, overall glad the nerf happened.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Rune cage nerf was very justified, stam builds could and can still break free, mag builds now can choose to dodge roll it. Now we don’t have to hope to high hell the skill doesn’t bug out, as an unavoidable cc. But I agree wizards repost was too much a nerf. Just reduce the uptime slightly and keep the proc conditions.

Justified? Turning a skill into a version that just drops block and isn’t even a guarantee it does? For the cost of 3k+ mag and a GCD? No thanks. It’s a waste.

Do you think the change to Defensive Rune was justified also? Really?

What part of “Rune Cage” did you read as “Defensive Rune”? Have you really been crutching on Rune Cage so much you can’t function without a ridiculously overtuned, Snipe range, unblockable, undodgeable, 5 second stun, that half the time bugs out and becomes unbreakable? Making it dodgeable is the least ZOS could do to make it bearable for everyone else.

The point is that it would have been better to not bring this version live at all, as ZOS was told before Summerset. I didn’t want three months of broken “fun” but a lasting useful change. What upsets me is that the class is now worse off than in CWC in regard to class skills. That’s the point.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop people 1-2 shotting us from base too, and also, defensive rune did not need a nerf.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Defensive rune wasn't needed imho. But rune cage offered to much, it was almost guaranteed kill skill. When it goes to Wizards Riposte, I think that 5s duration and 10s cd would be perfectly fine. 100% uptime was bull$hit though.

It was a kill skill when you run around with 20k hp in light or medium in cp with no defensive sets/

Same as getting burst by pretty much anything when you are that squishy.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How.... How can someone look at the available sets and go:

"Riposte, yeah, that's the one set that needs nerfing right now"

???

thats a good question but i gues i can answer it :D Literally speaking the truth btw. here is your answer.

Som mele players lets name just one class lets say (just for expamle) NB can't deal with the fact that he can't one hitt killing a sorcerer instantly with one skill usage, whats comming from this? they come up to teh forum and start cry about the sorcerers inclduing tehir skills and their sets, like childs and complaining about how over performing the sorcerers... clearly it wouldn't take long to step aside a bit from teh fights and got to thinking my maybe the Nb having some issues wih hes fighting including missing logical thinking, lacking of creativity, not looking throuh the weekness of the class, not even considering to look up every posible tactical ways what to do in those kind of encounters. and so nooo they just cry for nerfs and @ZOS is so blinded by those demands they dont even look it up what could couse that issue, no they just simply administrating the issue as a player or players said its over performing so they nerf it while lcearly most of those players who demands those kind of things clearly they can't realy play and have no clue about their own classes. Reguardless if they say i know god damn well my class i play as (for example said above) NB sience beta and i know everything about that class. Well it seems like they dont realy. becasue if they sure do know their class they can actualy find what cosues the issue. wich in this case and in many other cases (wich comes from sorceres) it is 99.99% not the sorcerers skills or sets fault. So here is your answer. Sorry about my grammar and spelling English is not my natiev langugae, but i hope you udnerstood what im tried to say. The End conclusion basicly a bunch of players who cant play with their classes and they use this as a disadvantage as a balme uppon sorcerers stuffs, like their skills and sets. While clearly the issue is them and their lack of skills how to play as an Nb. (the classe was subjectivly used as an example, but that dosent mean that couldn't be true about that class users)
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Sets a carry shouldnt have been introduced. ZoS promotes high defense / big heals more than actually doing damage on a dps.... wizards riposte on a magsorc? Like you need it.... most magsorcs now are running shadowrend and necro
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change is warranted. You shouldn't be able to back bar a debuff this strong that gets applied to entire groups. If you want to use it give up something and put it on both bars just like you would other defensive sets like Impregnable.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only ZOS would claim this update would make less desirable sets desirable,...but do so by nerfing the sets that people do use.

Gg, ZOS. You sure trolled us hard on that one!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isnt that bad of a change at all if you are a magicka sorc using it like I see 90% of the time you are on your backbar every 6 seconds anyway.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.