The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you satisfied with the sloads nerfs?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
No, because unmitagatable damage shouldn't be that easy to proc, shouldn't stack, and dodging it isn't a viable option on mag builds.
Edited by Aliyavana on August 6, 2018 4:08PM

Are you satisfied with the sloads nerfs? 110 votes

NO
72%
Animus-ESOAlendrinssewallb14_ESODracaneRikumaruAnkaridanmertustaStigantfalcasternub18_ESObooksmcreadJeezyeolsborgellahellabellaToRelaxEdziupieratsosRagnaroek93Eirellafelinith66Mayrael 80 votes
Yes
27%
SolarikenGilvothDeadlyRecluseNebthet78DidgerionSPE825Nifty2gSkoomahwuka91OwnbitelsRAB1979Rex-UmbraAmpnodeDracan_FontomSilver_StriderAmdar_GodkillerLakeTasearAsardes 30 votes
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Still to strong, too easy and the Counter benefits some classes/ builds more than others.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Unmitigatable damage isn't a fun mechanic. Everyone brought this on themselves though complaining about the permablock tank they weren't able to kill.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    However, since they haven't properly nerfed Sloads, but they gave a huge unnecessary nerf to Wizard's Riposte, my magplar DD will apparently have to utilize a heavy impen Sloads 5pc.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Unmitigatable damage isn't a fun mechanic. Everyone brought this on themselves though complaining about the permablock tank they weren't able to kill.

How the hell did we bring it on ourselves? If zos was competent in balance they would have gone a different route. This is on them not us!
    Edited by bardx86 on August 6, 2018 8:13PM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    However, since they haven't properly nerfed Sloads, but they gave a huge unnecessary nerf to Wizard's Riposte, my magplar DD will apparently have to utilize a heavy impen Sloads 5pc.

Riposte is far more cancerous. It needs a further nerf to make the maim dependent on proximity.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5% current HP for 4 seconds. This is the only legitimate, non-ridiculous, non-obtuse rework available to fit the devs intent.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    bardx86 wrote: »

How the hell did we bring in on ourselves? If zos was competent in balance they would have gone a different route. This is on them not us!

That's an "if" that didn't, and wasn't ever going to work out.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Sloads will never be fine as long as it can be stacked by multiple people.
    I always found sloads was manageable and okay. The stacking is why it's too good in my opinion.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    it still leave mag is a bad place
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    They should just turn it into nice PvP sustain set instead of this oblivion dmg nonsense.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    It only rly helps medium armor builds aka builds that can dodge alot. It doesnt help magbuilds too much

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    olsborg wrote: »
    It only rly helps medium armor builds aka builds that can dodge alot. It doesnt help magbuilds too much

Pretty sure that was their intent.
    They cannot that oblivious ... especially since it has been pointed out countless times on the forums.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm probably not completely satisifed, but I'd rather let it hit live with the nerf (no longer breaking cloak, 15% less overall damage, dodgeable) and see how that plays before it gets nerfed further.

...the only other nerf/fix I think really needs to be applied is to make the cooldown a "true" one. Currently I think it can be instantly reapplied if purged, which is pretty nonsensical (I haven't tested this in a fully controlled situation, so I could be wrong).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll is never going to change till it doesn't effect Sorcs anymore; then it will be "balanced" as deemed by them.

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

How the hell did we bring in on ourselves? If zos was competent in balance they would have gone a different route. This is on them not us!

That's an "if" that didn't, and wasn't ever going to work out.

Right, hence the "everyone" means ZOS. ZOS brought this on themselves.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Lol .... Looks like you are pissed off that your solo magica build is affected by sloads. Well welcome to the club... The magica builds are badly struggling long before sloads. Magica builds have to deal with negates, bubble-reflects, snares, roots, CCs..and now sloads... While stamina builds have to deal only with defile... Which is getting adjusted.

Magica solo builds are extinct for a while now... and a sloads Nerf won't help revive'em

So yeah sloads Nerf is just right for stamina builds.
    Edited by Didgerion on August 7, 2018 5:15AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Give it the cage treatment. I.e. Nerf it till there's no flipping point.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    4.1.4 is final, and we can enjoy the Sload‘s NB meta for another three months. Glad I decided already I’ll play less and do more PvE in that time.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm mixed. I like some of the changes, but it's still not enough.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Xsorus wrote: »
    This poll is never going to change till it doesn't effect Sorcs anymore; then it will be "balanced" as deemed by them.

Or, you know, it simply wasn't necessary to give the best counters to sloads to the already best PvP class. But who am I to judge.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Add 12s cd, don't allow it to stack (when 2 players would use this set they could still have 100% uptime but only one effect at a time), make it undodgeable again. That's it. Set is still useful but not OP.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this poll have waited until after the new DLC goes live ... you know ... when the change to sloads also goes live?

I love sloads and have lots of experience using it in pve (soloing group content). The change to sloads might seem minor just reading about it, and maybe you won't notice much difference on a test dummy parse (which doesn't represent actual gameplay anyway). However, the truth of the matter is that the nerf is more of a nerf than you think.

Disclaimer: I am making the assumption that sloads behaves in pvp the way it does in pve.

I won't go into the details here with regard to why I say this (since I already did that a bit ago in some other post). Whether intended or not, it procs a lot less often ... so much so that it's effectiveness/usefulness is just about cut in half. It's still a decent pve set in certain situations, not as good as it was, but still decent.
    My guess is when they 'fixed' sloads to not proc itself, that fix (unintentionally) caused it to proc a lot less often. When I say 'less often' I don't mean by virtue of it not being able to proc on itself. Assuming this was an unintended result of the 'fix', I seriously doubt anything will be done to correct it ... I mean, who's going to complain?
    Edited by Maryal on August 7, 2018 9:44AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's fine now since it has a counterplay. I'm satisfied with it. This kind of change worked just fine before for sets such as Red Mountain and Widowmaker.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Maryal wrote: »
    Shouldn't this poll have waited until after the new DLC goes live ... you know ... when the change to sloads also goes live?

I love sloads and have lots of experience using it in pve (soloing group content). The change to sloads might seem minor just reading about it, and maybe you won't notice much difference on a test dummy parse (which doesn't represent actual gameplay anyway). However, the truth of the matter is that the nerf is more of a nerf than you think.

Disclaimer: I am making the assumption that sloads behaves in pvp the way it does in pve.

I won't go into the details here with regard to why I say this (since I already did that a bit ago in some other post). The bottom line is that it procs a lot less often ... so much so that it's effectiveness is just about cut in half.

So you use sloads in pve as a benchmark for it's capability in pvp?
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't go into the details here with regard to why I say this (since I already did that a bit ago in some other post). The bottom line is that it procs a lot less often ... so much so that it's effectiveness is just about cut in half.

Oh give me a break. I put a big bold disclaimer about my assumption that sloads behaves in pvp the way it does in pve. I'm talking about sloads behavior, NOT player behavior. I wasn't benchmarking anything and I never said I was. I simply gave my observations regarding sloads behavior (how often it procs) on live vs. on pts. My comments were my observations, take it or leave it, but don't twist it into something it's not. I have better things to do with my time than to engage in a round of 'forum pvp.'

As a side note - I generally go over my fight data in detail (Combat Metrics) and I don't mean by simply looking at the summary page, I dig a lot deeper than that. Also, with the upcoming change you can actually see each time sloads procs, including who or what got hit with it ... including when it procs from ground based AOE damage.

Edited by Maryal on August 7, 2018 10:16AM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Can we also ask ZOS to stop making these nonsense sets in the future? That's the root issue.

Cater skills, skilled players and not lazy abusers, dear ZOS.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    No, because unmitagatable damage shouldn't be that easy to proc, shouldn't stack, and dodging it isn't a viable option on mag builds.

With all the undodgeable damage that's available in this game I have no sympathy for you not being able to absorb one form of damage.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO

Oh give me a break. I put a big bold disclaimer about my assumption that sloads behaves in pvp the way it does in pve. I'm talking about sloads behavior, NOT player behavior. I wasn't benchmarking anything and I never said I was. I simply gave my observations regarding sloads behavior (how often it procs) on live vs. on pts. My comments were my observations, take it or leave it, but don't twist it into something it's not. I have better things to do with my time than to engage in a round of 'forum pvp.'

As a side note - I generally go over my fight data in detail (Combat Metrics) and I don't mean by simply looking at the summary page, I dig a lot deeper than that. Also, with the upcoming change you can actually see each time sloads procs, including who or what got hit with it ... including when it procs from ground based AOE damage.

And how it comes that it procs less often? As far as I know they didn't screwed over the proc chance, but they removed the instant tick. This may results in less total ticks overall. But you said you analize it well, so how do you come to that conclusion? But you also said you won't go into detail, so might link me to that other post where you did.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Daus wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »

With all the undodgeable damage that's available in this game I have no sympathy for you not being able to absorb one form of damage.

Yeah b/c shields and dodge roll are totally the same thing.

One negating 100% of the damage, the other one only a limited amount.
    If you can't see that that's the reason why there is and has to be damage in the game that is not dodgable then you are a lost cause.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Never had a problem with Sloads, outside of zergs but I'm dead 9/10 times in those situations anyways so it's whatever.

Nerfing a non-issue just makes it even less of a problem.
    Argonian forever