The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Fabricant Nix Hound pet?

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone loves Nix Hounds, and I believe everyone got their Nix Hound pets already in the free and bought crates.

And by now we have gotten most of the Fabricant Clockwork constructs as mounts or pets. But one is definitely lacking - where is the Nix Hound Fabricant pet? We have the beetle, the scorpion, the Dovah Fly, the Firepot Spider and the mouse/rat, but no Nix Hound?

LG-cardart-Nix-Hound_Fabricant.png

TESO-Nix-Hound_Fabricant.jpg

I really like hos the Fabricant Nix Hounds look, both the metallic look, and especially their animations, with grashopper emotes when they rub their hind legs together to shoot out lightning.

Please let us have the Nix Hound Fabricant pets in the store some time, with some custom animations and spark/lightning emotes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    No.

Why not? This is a great pet.
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Troll response is troll response.

You're free to not buy it, doesn't take away from the fact that others might want it.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for this too. I adore the one in CC that you get to chase around for a quest. BOING BOING BOING BOING!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I'm waiting for this too. I adore the one in CC that you get to chase around for a quest. BOING BOING BOING BOING!

The model and the animations are already done, yes, for the friendly nix hounds you see in CWC and the enemies out in the world. It's just a matter of making them available as a pet. Hope it will come soon, but it hasn't been datamined yet anyway.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I loved the pet from quest! :) I think ordinary Nix-Hound pet is rather boring - it is too small and has only 2 (very simple) animations :/

s5748ZN.jpg

The pet from quest is properly large, and has curious animations - and I agree that they could also add more from what we see NPCs using. For example, Haj Mota pet. I couldn't buy it and I saw it in game only once - it had many animations, I watched it for rather long time and didn't see them repeating, all I saw were some unique ones. It was so cool, a pet actually interesting to watch...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Volsung doesn't personally want it, so he's decided that no one else should be allowed to have it, either.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    No.
    Volsung doesn't personally want it, so he's decided that no one else should be allowed to have it, either.

Yes, one-word responses like his really add to the conversation. Not.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all things clockwork and dwemer so ya.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I see a topic like this one, it brings me back to the question:

"Why doesn't ZOS make pet/mount versions of all the non-humanoid mobs in the game?"

They have the models and animations already, why not implement them as a tag along buddy? The way they select pets to use seems completely random at times.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Whenever I see a topic like this one, it brings me back to the question:

"Why doesn't ZOS make pet/mount versions of all the non-humanoid mobs in the game?"

They have the models and animations already, why not implement them as a tag along buddy? The way they select pets to use seems completely random at times.

Sometimes you do have to wait a godawful long time for things to appear in the store. The first Sep Adder got added as a pet more than a year after thief guild DLC, and the Altmer dresses have been datamined like 1-2 years ago, and still haven't appeared in the store.

I do hope I can generate just a little hype for this little nix hound guy. Clockwork DLC anniversary is coming up soon, and I'd like a nix hound pet to fit into my Observatory home, so here's hoping anyway.

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for a Nix Hound Fabricant pet.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno #MakeItHappen

CWC anniversary is coming up, would make for a nice anniversary item in the store or elsewhere.