The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

make major defile also reduce magic shields size by 30%

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not major defile but at the very least shields shouldn't benefit from any reduction CP passives or buff reductions besides the actual shield passive. YOUR MAJOR PROTECTION, MINOR PROTECTION, AND 30% reduction to physical damage shouldn't apply to noncrit (loss of typically at least 70% increase of damage, like 85 for me) 40k overshields. They're even too strong in pve and these are part of the reason as to why mag is so much better than stam.

However, something needs to be done about dodge chance and the lack of counterplay to 3k recov rolly-polly damage builds.

In that case the effectiveness of buffs like that should change depending on armour type. Also you lose crit dmg but shields have no armour in return so you are hitting harder against shields than normal. Whats different from heavy armour buulds running 30k armour and having 45% dmg reduction after your pen?

Because you get so much more benefit out of major/ minor protection in heavy armour than you do light.

Pve is irrelevant, i've been around long enough to realise they just reshuffle pve classes every 3 months then nerf some sets to make people re-farm or bring out a new stronger set that'll either make magicka or stamina meta that patch to sell dlc.

Magicka is strong now yeah, but when MSA first came out, every ran stamina because of the msa 1h's letting stam builds hit 50k dps while magicka was nowhere near. Next patch it was magicka on top etc...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not major defile but at the very least shields shouldn't benefit from any reduction CP passives or buff reductions besides the actual shield passive. YOUR MAJOR PROTECTION, MINOR PROTECTION, AND 30% reduction to physical damage shouldn't apply to noncrit (loss of typically at least 70% increase of damage, like 85 for me) 40k overshields. They're even too strong in pve and these are part of the reason as to why mag is so much better than stam.

However, something needs to be done about dodge chance and the lack of counterplay to 3k recov rolly-polly damage builds.

In that case the effectiveness of buffs like that should change depending on armour type. Also you lose crit dmg but shields have no armour in return so you are hitting harder against shields than normal. Whats different from heavy armour buulds running 30k armour and having 45% dmg reduction after your pen?

Because you get so much more benefit out of major/ minor protection in heavy armour than you do light.

Pve is irrelevant, i've been around long enough to realise they just reshuffle pve classes every 3 months then nerf some sets to make people re-farm or bring out a new stronger set that'll either make magicka or stamina meta that patch to sell dlc.

Magicka is strong now yeah, but when MSA first came out, every ran stamina because of the msa 1h's letting stam builds hit 50k dps while magicka was nowhere near. Next patch it was magicka on top etc...

The difference is I'm only gaining the equivalent of like 20% dmg increase (light armor physical 13k resist) to my build's crit dmg 85% with 50% crit is a 65% dmg loss or even if it's halved (due to critical values) a 35% DPS loss on a free overshield that makes them unburstable at 1% health with more dmg than I could ever achieve with a heavy armor tank build.

They are too good in pve. Just b/c I can hop on my stam nb and hit a 50k parse easily doesn't mean anything. I'm stacking damage and not being hit while at close range. In realistically scenarios, I'm going to have to stay far away to avoid ANY damage as most every vet+ mechanic will one shot me while you can keep a ward up for 190% of your current health every six seconds while also avoiding damage all together with primarily ranged parses.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    If they make buffs apply to shields too sure. That way shields require some investments to counter the counter as healing does. But doesn't get nerfed into the ground.

Considering the fact that CP adds +20% max magicka I would argue that damage shields already have an innate buff.

Heals are also buffed with that 20% max magicka. What are you even talking about. Should we make heals not affected by mending and vitality now?

Its really not that hard to understand. Bastion is countered by shattering blows and thats the end of it. The CP system is completely irrelevant with the major/minor buff system. Shields cannot be debuffed through any major/minor debuff because they also cant be buffed through any major/minor buff.

Yes but the strength of heals aren't increased by 20% with 20% more magicka. The strength of shields however are.

And more max stats give you more dmg which counteracts the bigger shields. Whats ur point. Are you seriously saying that scaling issues is a reason for shields to be affected by a debuff which is irrelevant with the CP system ? Or do you actually believe that shields being affected by defile would make shields balanced?

20% more stats does not equate to 20% more damage; however it does equate to 20% stronger damage shields. Truthfully the only shield I feel needs to be affected by defile is healing ward for obvious reasons. Other than that I don't think harness and hardened should be allowed to stack. I also believe that any DoT applied while the target isn't shielded should ignore any shields applied afterwards. That's all I would change about damage shields.

I won't argue your points, but I will check if my instincts are right though. So I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm 99.9% sure you're playing a stam char (most likely) exclusively, and it's affecting your bias way too much. Am I right by any chance?

My main is a stamblade, but my other two characters that I play with quite a bit are magDK (named Drizzt Do'Urden), and magsorc (who's name I intentionally made offensive so I won't type it here lol). So you were wrong about your assumptions.

I will however try out stamplar again next update. I've always found stamplar to be fun, but I loathed the stationary gameplay. The changes to Rune had made me wanna try them out again.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    If they make buffs apply to shields too sure. That way shields require some investments to counter the counter as healing does. But doesn't get nerfed into the ground.

Considering the fact that CP adds +20% max magicka I would argue that damage shields already have an innate buff.

Heals are also buffed with that 20% max magicka. What are you even talking about. Should we make heals not affected by mending and vitality now?

Its really not that hard to understand. Bastion is countered by shattering blows and thats the end of it. The CP system is completely irrelevant with the major/minor buff system. Shields cannot be debuffed through any major/minor debuff because they also cant be buffed through any major/minor buff.

Yes but the strength of heals aren't increased by 20% with 20% more magicka. The strength of shields however are.

And more max stats give you more dmg which counteracts the bigger shields. Whats ur point. Are you seriously saying that scaling issues is a reason for shields to be affected by a debuff which is irrelevant with the CP system ? Or do you actually believe that shields being affected by defile would make shields balanced?

20% more stats does not equate to 20% more damage; however it does equate to 20% stronger damage shields. Truthfully the only shield I feel needs to be affected by defile is healing ward for obvious reasons. Other than that I don't think harness and hardened should be allowed to stack. I also believe that any DoT applied while the target isn't shielded should ignore any shields applied afterwards. That's all I would change about damage shields.

But isn't the heal of healing ward already affected by defile?
    As for the dots suggest, this should only happen if cloak stops suppressing them as well (while not breaking cloak ofc)

No arguments here, I agree with you.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is I'm only gaining the equivalent of like 20% dmg increase (light armor physical 13k resist) to my build's crit dmg 85% with 50% crit is a 65% dmg loss or even if it's halved (due to critical values) a 35% DPS loss on a free overshield that makes them unburstable at 1% health with more dmg than I could ever achieve with a heavy armor tank build.

They are too good in pve. Just b/c I can hop on my stam nb and hit a 50k parse easily doesn't mean anything. I'm stacking damage and not being hit while at close range. In realistically scenarios, I'm going to have to stay far away to avoid ANY damage as most every vet+ mechanic will one shot me while you can keep a ward up for 190% of your current health every six seconds while also avoiding damage all together with primarily ranged parses.

Yeah shields are a good counter to crit builds. But thats just how the game is certain builds/ classes counter others. A dk/ wardens are good counters to ranged builds. A mag nb is a good counter to mag sorc, a stam nb is a counter to a stam warden etc...

Yes you lose a lot of dmg on shields, you gain some back. But with a high crit chance/ dmg build if you catch a sorc without shields then you'll burst them from 100% hp to 0%.

Also if they're on 1% than its good news for you, apply a dot and spam executes and watch as they have to spam shields and either die which is usually the case or are out of magicka from casting a skill costing 4k magicka for 10s straight.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure whole this thread sounds like moaning and L2P issue and whatever. And I thought like this too...
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

Yes, he is an Emperor, but still, wtf?
    Edited by SilverWF on August 9, 2018 1:36AM
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay this is siriusly needs to be stoped. if you guys cant play against sorcerers just quit playing teh game already, sorcerers are got way more nerfs sience release then every other classes combined. You are all pathethic.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It just never stops.

its exhausting isn't it
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they are bursting your shields down that fast your playing sorc so wrong or your defense is not that good or your not in impen armor.

Impenetrable has no effect on shields at all.
    Edited by Feanor on August 9, 2018 6:01AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Sure whole this thread sounds like moaning and L2P issue and whatever. And I thought like this too...
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

Would you be happier to run into a stamNB or StamWarden with 30k HP and close to 60k stam? Because that’s what the Emp buff will do. You can get more with Imperial Physique inside IC. But these two are outliers that don’t hold significance at all.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m not even a mag-sorc main, but I start feeling the ones who main mag-sorc at this point.....
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

Would you be happier to run into a stamNB or StamWarden with 30k HP and close to 60k stam? Because that’s what the Emp buff will do. You can get more with Imperial Physique inside IC. But these two are outliers that don’t hold significance at all.

30k hp is alot easier to deal with than 60k hp and shields combo. and the sorc having an ungodly amount of stamina to use to break free so you cant stun him. so yea stamina would be a much easier emp to deal with.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that you think everything sorc related is OP, can that be? I mean look at you, now you're here complaining to all of us how sorc emperors are unbalanced.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 9, 2018 11:21AM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello noobs.

You need to learn something.

A 50k magicka sorc with good defensive cps got his hardened ward destroyed in 2 global cooldown with a light attack/spammable(/bash) by 1 decent player.

That's means if you need to refresh your shield every 2s or you are insta dead.

That's mean you need to make skill->Hardened-> skill->hardened. If you don't refresh hardened every 2s you take a DBoS + Spammable + Execute and you are dead.

I play hardened only, so I exactly know what I speak.

To survive as an hardened only sorc, I need to rely on other defensive mechanics, like having more stamina regen than most stamina builds (2k+) with 4 well fitted.

It allow me to dodge cancel a skill and make my hardened available for 1 more globalcooldown.

An other option is to use streak to buy a global cooldown if the ennemy isn't mobile.

It can work in 1v1.

When you are outnumbered, it just impossible. 2 decent player have enough DPS to remove hardened every second, that's mean you are dead on the next CC or you need to dodge shield + streak and pray the ennemi doesn't know how to sprint.

Guess what happen when there is more than 2 people ? A single shield is clearly not viable.

What shield stack does is gaining globalcooldown for landing your offensive skills. Hardened + Harness give you 3 to 4 global cooldown depending the ennemy, if you add healing ward at low HP it's more.

Shieldstacking is overperforming in 1v1 situations, where you have too much safe global cooldown, but outnumbered it's become bad.

You need to understand something :

- If shield take more damage, it make everyone forced to stack shields.

- If you remove shieldstacking, you need to give to sorc a way to gain global cooldown, by increasing shield damage taken proportionally to the number of ennemy. Make something balanced in 1v1 but also viable in Xv1, like block and dodge.
    Edited by Aedaryl on August 9, 2018 11:13AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

If you think mag-sorc emperor is OP this patch. Wait until you face a werewolf emperor next patch. You would´ve wished you came across that sorc instead.....
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

If you think mag-sorc emperor is OP this patch. Wait until you face a werewolf emperor next patch. You would´ve wished you came across that sorc instead.....

Personally me would wish nothing, just leave AvA and that's it.
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

30k hp is alot easier to deal with than 60k hp and shields combo. and the sorc having an ungodly amount of stamina to use to break free so you cant stun him. so yea stamina would be a much easier emp to deal with.

Not really. But it’s no use arguing over it because people will believe what they believe.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    boaz733 wrote: »
    this should help balance the game,
    also change the cp tree accourdinly to increase the effect.

so if you want it to be less op make shields less broken win win situation. you gotta give up something to see something else get it as well brother.

shields are not broken. It's been proven over and over that only scrubs cannot kill a shielded player. So this is a L2P issue, and not a balance issue.

i main a sorc dps if a shield can tank a bosses one hit mechanic thats suppose to murder anyone else that isnt in heavy armor and sword and board in one shot then its not balanced. and in pvp i shield up and people cant touch me at all long as i keep it up immovable pots take care of my stam issues. so really they are op in many many many ways. theyve needed nerfed forever or returned to their actual intended use of being a spell shield not a all around shield.
    And when someone in full plate armor stops taking less damage from Fire, Ice, and Lightning attacks, we can talk. Or how putting on a set of motorcycle leathers somehow make you run 30% faster.

Don't try to bring intuition into a topic of lazy design without including both sides of the argument.

1:1 increase in Physical resist and Spell resist was lazy implementation. Shields are the intended counter for builds that typically run a consistently lower armor class.

When they change it to work like the standalone's, with each type of armor having benefits and downsides, then things will be different. Bring back legit weakness to __________, hindrance, and encumbrance while we're at it. Do those things first, and then we can happily discuss shield intended purpose and perceived imbalance

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main gripe I have with damage shields is the ability of hardened ward to stack with harness. Fix that and magsorcs would be a lot more balanced. Yes cloak needs some adjustment as well. Maybe have it so when someone attacks you they cannot be hidden from you specifically for 4 seconds.

Change that and you'll finally kill off the class.

Shields are fine if you're not bad. Use a few dots and time burst, i know its weird to hear that as a zergling.

how would removing stacking kill the class. build a sorc right and your class ward can make you easily a tank by itself you dont need the second ward. your overreacting to nerfs that are needed. things like this need adjusted because of how overpowered they can get. are people so reistant to change that they dont see the actual benefits to the changes that could be made??

No it can't.

2 good player can take off my 46k magicka sorc's stacked shields in 3-4s without ults.

Your saying reduce the max shields a sorc can use by 40-45%.

Which means what? When someone who isn't a bad players like the majority of this forum has turned into i'm going to have to just hit hardened every 2s?

Hoenstly i hate the people on this forum. Ever since i left it's been infested by zergling baddies who have literally no idea what they're talking about.

Can we just have a private forum section where only long term and well diverse players can discuss balance changes? Because listening to the forum and its obvious low quality of players hasn't been good the the game.

This was my dream once. Two subforums with PvE and PvP balance. Minimum requirements to post there would be having at least 4 different classes (stam sorc, and mag sorc or magdk and stamdk would be counted as different) with at least 50% achievements from all vetdungs and trials OR each of that characters would need to have at least 25 PvP rank. Finaly we could have balance suggestions subforum available to everyone, so even newbies could speak about things they would like to change but untill it would not be discussed at veterans balance forums it would have no impact... Imagine that tears.
    Edited by Mayrael on August 9, 2018 12:42PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I'll be there in that forum and they would finally buff Bretons! :D
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think having a debuff to reduce damage shields or do more damage on damage shields isn't a bad idea, but it shouldn't be tied to defile, which already has a heal debuff ability.

I'd be all for certain under used abilities though carrying more weight against shields to force players to consider a more balanced build between direct damage and debuffs.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they are bursting your shields down that fast your playing sorc so wrong or your defense is not that good or your not in impen armor. my shields can sit there for awhile with a nightblade bursting me and i still kill him. you dont need shields that big as long as you understand how to play the character. plus if they lower the shields maximum look where they could probly put other resources.

Shields can not be crit and shields are not affected by your resistances. A shield is pure HP without defensive values at all so you will always deal full damage to it. You not knowing that yet shouting as one of the loudest in this thread is very worrying.

Maybe you should play some magsorc yourself to learn the actual weaknesses of the class so you can better play against it. I started as magSorc, but nowadays PvP way more on magPlar and stamDK. I don't have issues with shield on either and I am not running bleeds or sloads or anything like that. The only time I struggle to kill a magSorc/Blade is if they are simply way better players than me. That is true for all classes though.
    Edited by NupidStoob on August 9, 2018 3:29PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Hello noobs.

You need to learn something.

A 50k magicka sorc with good defensive cps got his hardened ward destroyed in 2 global cooldown with a light attack/spammable(/bash) by 1 decent player.

That's means if you need to refresh your shield every 2s or you are insta dead.

That's mean you need to make skill->Hardened-> skill->hardened. If you don't refresh hardened every 2s you take a DBoS + Spammable + Execute and you are dead.

I play hardened only, so I exactly know what I speak.

To survive as an hardened only sorc, I need to rely on other defensive mechanics, like having more stamina regen than most stamina builds (2k+) with 4 well fitted.

It allow me to dodge cancel a skill and make my hardened available for 1 more globalcooldown.

An other option is to use streak to buy a global cooldown if the ennemy isn't mobile.

It can work in 1v1.

When you are outnumbered, it just impossible. 2 decent player have enough DPS to remove hardened every second, that's mean you are dead on the next CC or you need to dodge shield + streak and pray the ennemi doesn't know how to sprint.

Guess what happen when there is more than 2 people ? A single shield is clearly not viable.

What shield stack does is gaining globalcooldown for landing your offensive skills. Hardened + Harness give you 3 to 4 global cooldown depending the ennemy, if you add healing ward at low HP it's more.

Shieldstacking is overperforming in 1v1 situations, where you have too much safe global cooldown, but outnumbered it's become bad.

You need to understand something :

- If shield take more damage, it make everyone forced to stack shields.

- If you remove shieldstacking, you need to give to sorc a way to gain global cooldown, by increasing shield damage taken proportionally to the number of ennemy. Make something balanced in 1v1 but also viable in Xv1, like block and dodge.

@Aedaryl very well written. Also what people don't realize is that shields don't count as health... so if a sorc gets in to execution range, the shields are taking the full brunt of the execute damage minus crit damage. Trust me when I say that you as a sorc will run out of magicka before the stamina player runs out spamming executioner, etc. Also the shields don't overlap. I can stack harness n hardened to cover my entire health bar (22k) But if you add the tooltips I should have a 2-3k overlap but they don't.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on August 9, 2018 4:49PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main gripe I have with damage shields is the ability of hardened ward to stack with harness. Fix that and magsorcs would be a lot more balanced. Yes cloak needs some adjustment as well. Maybe have it so when someone attacks you they cannot be hidden from you specifically for 4 seconds.

Shields are fine if you're not bad. Use a few dots and time burst, i know its weird to hear that as a zergling.

how would removing stacking kill the class. build a sorc right and your class ward can make you easily a tank by itself you dont need the second ward. your overreacting to nerfs that are needed. things like this need adjusted because of how overpowered they can get. are people so reistant to change that they dont see the actual benefits to the changes that could be made??

No it can't.

2 good player can take off my 46k magicka sorc's stacked shields in 3-4s without ults.

Which means what? When someone who isn't a bad players like the majority of this forum has turned into i'm going to have to just hit hardened every 2s?

Hoenstly i hate the people on this forum. Ever since i left it's been infested by zergling baddies who have literally no idea what they're talking about.

Can we just have a private forum section where only long term and well diverse players can discuss balance changes? Because listening to the forum and its obvious low quality of players hasn't been good the the game.

For the most part I stopped coming here to read posts like this that the OP suggesting. Dumbest suggestion I've seen.

I dont think ppl realize how naked sorcs are in light armor with no dmg shields.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on August 9, 2018 6:21PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it can't.

For the most part I stopped coming here to read posts like this that the OP suggesting. Dumbest suggestion I've seen.

I dont think ppl realize how naked sorcs are in light armor with no dmg shields.

I dont think people that main one class are capable of seeing issues with that class either.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    boaz733 wrote: »
    this should help balance the game,
    also change the cp tree accourdinly to increase the effect.

so if you want it to be less op make shields less broken win win situation. you gotta give up something to see something else get it as well brother.

shields are not broken. It's been proven over and over that only scrubs cannot kill a shielded player. So this is a L2P issue, and not a balance issue.

i main a sorc dps if a shield can tank a bosses one hit mechanic thats suppose to murder anyone else that isnt in heavy armor and sword and board in one shot then its not balanced. and in pvp i shield up and people cant touch me at all long as i keep it up immovable pots take care of my stam issues. so really they are op in many many many ways. theyve needed nerfed forever or returned to their actual intended use of being a spell shield not a all around shield.
    And when someone in full plate armor stops taking less damage from Fire, Ice, and Lightning attacks, we can talk. Or how putting on a set of motorcycle leathers somehow make you run 30% faster.

Don't try to bring intuition into a topic of lazy design without including both sides of the argument.

1:1 increase in Physical resist and Spell resist was lazy implementation. Shields are the intended counter for builds that typically run a consistently lower armor class.

When they change it to work like the standalone's, with each type of armor having benefits and downsides, then things will be different. Bring back legit weakness to __________, hindrance, and encumbrance while we're at it. Do those things first, and then we can happily discuss shield intended purpose and perceived imbalance

the main issue about your arguement is your thinking elemental weakness should be a thing while i dont disagree(as the atronachs should be a clear reason for this issue anyhow) how would you actually implement it as no mortal in elder scrolls is really weak to any type of enchantment(in any of the games). the main issue with this games pvp is shields, cloak, exploitable bugs for god level damage, and issues between armor sets. should heavy armor make yout tanky to the point people should barely hurt you yes very much so yes as in every mmo ever thats how heavy type armor works makes you almost unbeatable(keyword almost). but giving sets that stack stupid levels of weapon damage on heavy armor yea thats completely bogus and shouldnt happen(in reference to the thing of heavy armor taking less damage from elements). the thing that you say lazy implementation is what wards 100% signify .and heres why do you think its fair that if ive done enough work to get a sorc down to about dead that he should be allowed to pop a shield(and likely keep it up the rest of the fight) and completely turn around making my total damage to him mute? in all other games wards have always lowered magical damage(or outright negated it) but have not had a single effect on physical type damage. shields main issue that alot of people do hate is the factor that its seen as a cheap trick that sorcs pop if they think they cant win because its a easy extra healthbar. in pvp my lowest characters health is 20k my sorcs shield in pvp is around 20-22k that can put me in the status of tank dps and if im toteing around a matriarch a low tier healer. i could go on and on with reasons why the shield mechanic is a broken wheel that needs replaced that would fit so many situations on why it just needs done away with or fixed to where its a choose this and lose this or choose that and lose the other.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are more like extra health that does not get benefits from your resistances other than Bastion CP and damage reduction sets pretty sure. Shields take full tooltip damage. Yes, it does not take crit damage but it doesn't need to. It has 0 resistances and it takes full damage. So higher your tooltip, better time you are going to have against shields. And you can increase your damage further with Shattering Blows. Really, all it requires is just one or two dots with your high damage attacks to press the Sorc shields.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP, look what I've got for you:

z56cvbr.jpg
  • Sqc
    Sqc
    ✭✭
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

s83nbaw7bknl.png
    nerf this :p
    Edited by Sqc on August 10, 2018 8:16AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sqc wrote: »
    But today we've met this

NmNEg7M.jpg

s83nbaw7bknl.png
    nerf this :p

Emp + Imp Physique?