The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you enjoy playing The Elder Scrolls Online?

• AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if I wasn't actively devaluing the ESO+ membership every time I buy a DLC outright. I shouldn't have to spend 11,000 crowns (or grind my ass off) to get a decent storage system for crafting materials OR spend $15 a month on a subscription that I'd argue isn't quite so optional as people like to say it is.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    No, I have 100 days played (on one character out of 12....plus 8 or so I deleted ) because I hate myself, fun, and puppies.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I do it's a fantastic game, however the push on light attack weaving for DPS and the very ramped up challenge level of recent content has killed of my joy somewhat sadly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    The only thing I don't like about the game is the rubbish trading system. That aside, it's a wonderful game with no performance issues for me.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I enjoy playing ESO, when actually playing ESO, and not inventory manager 3000. Seriously the bank space should be bigger and the character inventory should be smaller. I probably need to hire someone to sort my duplicates.
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    yeah but the lag
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I seem to have fewer issues than most but skills and even light attacks that do nothing, freezing in mid battle and getting killed during a random loading screen tends to tick me off.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    i don't pvp so i don't have the lag issues when multiplayers are together. there is a lot to do and i have yet to get repetitive.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, kinda
    I do enjoy the game, but it's getting stale for me. I knew this point would come and I'm quite prepared for it. I'll still come back for the non dungeon DLC and maybe the next chapter. That being said the amount of not fixed glitches/bugs since I started to play around a year ago plus all the new ones that appeared in that time don't make me too sad to slowly move on. The content is quite great, the technical side is rather bad.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, kinda
    I do enjoy the game, but it's getting stale for me. I knew this point would come and I'm quite prepared for it. I'll still come back for the non dungeon DLC and maybe the next chapter. That being said the amount of not fixed glitches/bugs since I started to play around a year ago plus all the new ones that appeared in that time don't make me too sad to slowly move on. The content is quite great, the technical side is rather bad.

Same here. The frequent lag and disconnects are really making it frustrating to even try to play. I probably need to unsub and take a break for a few months. Maybe they'll fix their game...
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    The intense RNG on top of RNG as well as game performance can really detract from the experience.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting frustrated quite often
    Lag in Cyrodiil
    Ubalanced classes, sets and combat
    Lack of content
    Game becomes more grindy with every update
  • Becky617
    Becky617
    Yes, but..
    The log in issues with steam (As of now sorted), the lag, graphic stutters and being randomly booted during PvE. Are annoying for the most part.
    Edited by Becky617 on July 31, 2018 7:24PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    I get a lot of fun out of the game :)
    PC EU
  • Rudal
    Rudal
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I don't actually play it as MMO... I'm here since beta times with a few years gap between first year after release and last year when I came back. I still haven't done the other two alliances quests but like I said, I like to play it as any TES game before. Go through all dialogue options and listen to all what NPC's have to say.
    I even made Warden in Morrowind to go through everything again so I can pick the "other" choices that I didn't on my main.

The Elder Scrolls Online is a looooong process for me. :smiley:
    - And is your heart black and full of hate? - Black as midnight, black as pitch, blacker than the foulest witch... -
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    Ragebull wrote: »
    ZOS is killing it for me

If ZOS is the problem with the game, who gets credit for designing and making the game?
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on July 31, 2018 8:02PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but..
    performance/stability issues that have gone unresolved for years and all the new ones that pop up can seriously limit that fun.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I do it's a fantastic game, however the push on light attack weaving for DPS and the very ramped up challenge level of recent content has killed of my joy somewhat sadly.

^
    That and I'm generally frustrated by the 4 year old QoL backlog, chicken *** barebones guild system and the combat teams apparent aversion to playing their own game. see exhibit A) Sload's Semblance ie. the PvP Tank counter option that murders everything except tanks.

What's the latest from PTS? Still stacks...
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best combat system ive ever seen, lame performance.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I do, but with lots of crashing for me this week and very bad lag not on my end, it is making the game less fun to play at the moment. I hope the current maintenance fix some of the issues.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Why am I still playing tho?)
    My issues with the game, systematically:

1. Balance direction. Not only do we focus on the ever elusive white rabbit halucination of balance, but we change the game irrevicibly every single update, every few weeks. Nobody likes it. And the few who argue that it 'gives people some time in the sun' can take a hike. Not only that, but the few very bad decisions this game has made have never been reversed, ZOS never gives ground or admits fault. All of this needs to change. We need to focus on making the game fun and give up on trying for -balance-, and be more ready to reverse decisions.

2. The integrity of the game is not a priority. This game, is a broken mess. Any sort of seasonal event strains the servers and just because you dont feel it does not mean it isn't happening. Rampant bugs. Performance issues out the yin-yang, almost all of the instability has started around massive tweaks to the engine like the lighting patch or locking out older hardware. It's time to stop, the engine has gone as far as it can.

What keeps me coming back:

1. The story and writing. It is some of the best in the MMO industry today. The visual design team, writers, and storywriters, along with our beloved loremaster continue to almost single handedly prop this game up to me. And that's impressive. I cannot stop praising them, even if I wanted to.

2. The RP community. Suprisingly one of the best I've ever seen, warts aside.

But that's just my two cents.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I somewhat enjoy PvE, but TBH I've hit a wall with it. Not progressing at all, to be able to complete either VMA or VDSA, I loathe Cyrodiil, all the DLC dungeons are painful to get through if I even get to finish them, and Battlegrounds is an utter suckfest. Dungeon queues TAKE FOREVER (even as a healer).

ZOS is building this game around newbs and l33ts. The game starts out easy, around CP350 it's a complete struggle to figure things out, and if you're lucky enough to be a top-tier player you can enjoy the end-game content. I'm ~CP950, and I honestly feel, because of my mediocre skill level that 30% of this game is off limits to me.

This does not even include the *** quality of the technical end of the game: constantly getting booted from Cyrodiil, the lag there is absurd, night-time queues TAKE FOREVER, I always joke that it's not RNG if you always get the same crap over and over again (random nonsense generator), and the bugs! OMG THE BUGS!!!! ZOS, get back to work already!

Great looking game, cool lore, but lousy progression mechanics (unless you're a uber-l33t gamer), and an enormous amount of unattainable content.

• Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    RNG is outdated. It's a bygone mechanic of an era where "dice" ruled the outcome (re: every fantasy game ever). It's 2018. Isn't is about time skill matters?

This is so spot-on, hats off!
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No (Why am I still playing tho?)
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    I somewhat enjoy PvE, but TBH I've hit a wall with it. Not progressing at all, to be able to complete either VMA or VDSA, I loathe Cyrodiil, all the DLC dungeons are painful to get through if I even get to finish them, and Battlegrounds is an utter suckfest. Dungeon queues TAKE FOREVER (even as a healer).

ZOS is building this game around newbs and l33ts. The game starts out easy, around CP350 it's a complete struggle to figure things out, and if you're lucky enough to be a top-tier player you can enjoy the end-game content. I'm ~CP950, and I honestly feel, because of my mediocre skill level that 30% of this game is off limits to me.

This does not even include the *** quality of the technical end of the game: constantly getting booted from Cyrodiil, the lag there is absurd, night-time queues TAKE FOREVER, I always joke that it's not RNG if you always get the same crap over and over again (random nonsense generator), and the bugs! OMG THE BUGS!!!! ZOS, get back to work already!

Great looking game, cool lore, but lousy progression mechanics (unless you're a uber-l33t gamer), and an enormous amount of unattainable content.

This. All the way.

Our options are 'new guy' and 'the baddest boi'.

it's time to stop. It's been a problem since the game was released and all the 'raise the floor lower the ceiling' stuff really didn't do much more because all of it was balanced from the point of view of the guys at the top. Not the people just starting out.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on July 31, 2018 9:51PM
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets put it this way.. im not renewing my eso+.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I do enjoy the game, but for me the grinding and the excessive crowd control (particularly in PvP) are wearing me thin.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    Edziu wrote: »
    just pvp balance what I see with every patch and additiona poc sets, really?
    with balance..ok...we can some adapt to this, its alwaysh changing and with this met but proc sets...just ugh, this is never changig and always destroying fun on pvp

and next are undewhelming classes
    before I was playing only nb since beta where nb just didnt exist was that bad

now from some time I playing stamplar and I again feel how this class shouldnt exist as how bad this is....especially frustrating on pve where I have no any good selfsustain etc, when group is bad on nb I can menage it to not wipe, on stamplar? just gg and even get to group with another stamplar dps or tank...its really *** where even on trash you are going to lose your only sustain because of 2nd templar in group

not played warden but I can feel its also in bad spot on pve as we can see many thread about this + at all I never saw any warden in vet trial but nonstop see magsorcs and nb's everywhere

There's a reason I don't like Set Gear in mmo's.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I really do!
    5930 hours and I still enjoy it
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    I enjoy playing the game when I'm not forced to spend hours cleaning inventory and sorting my gear. Inventory management really sucks the wind out of my sails on any mmo. Inventory management is what often makes me want to go back to a game like Fallout or Skyrim. The problem isn't the character inventory sizes either, it is the Bank Storage that is the issue. In a game with 9 billion sets, all manner of potions, poisons, siege equipment, soul gems, lockpicks, etc the storage becomes a serious issue. I dread every new patch they release for this reason.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 31, 2018 10:12PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but..
    Beruge wrote: »
    I enjoy playing ESO, when actually playing ESO, and not inventory manager 3000. Seriously the bank space should be bigger and the character inventory should be smaller. I probably need to hire someone to sort my duplicates.

Exactly what I am thinking. The load times are getting worse and worse between characters as well and this has been exacerbating the problem. I've got full storage and I'm still running into problems. Lets not forget furniture as well and good luck to players who are f2p. I can't even imagine playing that way. (actually I can to some extent with alt accounts I've run either as paid or not on occasion)
    <And plenty more>