The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Punishement for traitors?

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Would you like to see some kind of punishement system for traitors in Cyrodiil?

Sotha Sil, PC EU.

EP player, let's call him "N", is leading a group of unexperienced in PvP low level/low CP players to an AD keep.
After they arrived he told them to start sieging. They listened to him and as soon as siege started, player "N" relogged to his AD character and killed them all.

Another day player "N" on his EP character see a group of other EPs going to retake AD outpost.
He quickly informs his AD friends so they already waiting for EPs in this outpost and they kill them all when they arrived.
Player "N" was playing with emotes at the door and remained untouched by ADs.

Are you fine with this kind of behavior in Cyrodiil?
Should it stay like this, or should ZOS implement some kind of "traitor system", where the players could "vote" for traitors and after X amount of votes they could be punished in some way?

I'm aware that this kind of system could be abused by some groups of players.
And I know that many people wants faction locked campaigns, but ZOS removed them in the past and looks like they won't make them a thing again in nearest future.

Do you have any ideas or should we just deal with it?
It looks really bad for new players especially now, when Midyear Mayhem is up, and they come to Cyrodiil for the first time...
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any proof of this, or is this just how you "feel" it happened?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I was there.
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many posts about the issue but hey it's a Cyrodiil problem, who cares!

Issue #1: ZOS dont care about their "baby"
    Issue #2: ZOS dont care about Cyrodiil

who cares

fijn_89701.jpg
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on July 30, 2018 7:15AM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V there's a ton of nefarious behaviour in Cyro. AP boosting, scroll moving, emp flipping and things as you describe.

I'm for any system that will help to bring some integrity back and meaning to the wider fight.

However you may be wrong about the alliance lock, @ZOS_BryanW said pre update 18 they are looking at a solution

Issue is people throw the 'want to play with friends' excuse about.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance locking campaigns would go a long way in removing some of this behaviour.

As long as people can flip back and forth between different alliances, there's always going to be easy ways to grief, abuse or exploit.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets say if a char is from ep. unless the user doesnt resign it from cyro, they cant enter campign with their ad dc chars. How about that?

and if they resign that character their points or whatever will be reset maybe?
    Edited by hakan on July 30, 2018 7:39AM
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lock the account to a single faction for the duration of the campaign.
    That way there can't be any Spies or whatever.
    And you will be able to make up plans with friends and guild on which faction to play as during the next Campaign.

Just my thought on how to fix it. I hear about it daily when visiting Cyro.
    I'm no core PvP player. I just visit when really bored to slowly earn some AP.
    But it sounds like it's a big "problem". And it happens to all factions.
    Edited by PrinceDamien on July 30, 2018 7:36AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally. Lock that campaign for its duration on the first alliance you enter into it with. Add more 7 day campaigns perhaps if people get twitchy.

Maybe ok with that @hakan but i bet would still be abused. People switch when score goes a certain way etc. I'm for draconian measures but aye at least ur step as an interim
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see a Campaign that is account faction locked, whatever faction you join with is the only faction you can join on that Campaign. At the very least a cooldown of like 24 hours or AP cost to join a current campaign with another alliance character. like 250k AP or something along those lines.

Personally though i don't care if someone wants to use multiple factions as long as its not abused, we shouldn't have the freedom of this removed I personally feel on all campaigns, others will not feel the same but it is what it is!
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Totally. Lock that campaign for its duration on the first alliance you enter into it with. Add more 7 day campaigns perhaps if people get twitchy.

Maybe ok with that @hakan but i bet would still be abused. People switch when score goes a certain way etc. I'm for draconian measures but aye at least ur step as an interim

maybe resetting score too when switched?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, this sounds like griefing to me. Like purposefully misleading people to the keep to benefit themselves. It's completely disgusting and a disgrace to the EP name.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:42PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, this adds a bit of depth to the AvAvA war. Just like in real conflicts, there are spies, saboteurs, traitors. To me, it makes it more realistic. Yes, I get triggered immensely too when I see it happen but war is war :smile:

P.S. I would be more than happy to have alliance campaign locks for the duration but as you know, it is never going to happen...
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Alliance locking campaigns would go a long way in removing some of this behaviour.

As long as people can flip back and forth between different alliances, there's always going to be easy ways to grief, abuse or exploit.

I lead PvP groups for my guild once a week, we rotate factions so that everyone gets a go in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.
    We do this purely for fun and to introduce guildies to Cyrodiil and PvP as it can be very daunting to inexperienced players.
    I don't care about the alliance war, I just want to play, on any faction with my guildies and have fun.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 30, 2018 8:07AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post

Edited by Hamish999 on July 30, 2018 8:07AM
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What OP describes is bullying. Bullying is a form of harassment; harassment is against the ToS. Mass report the player for harassment with proof and details, and let him enjoy his temp bans and account strikes.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wolf in sheep's clothing purposefully leading the lambs to slaughter...

:/
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

I lead PvP groups for my guild once a week, we rotate factions so that everyone gets a go in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.
    We do this purely for fun and to introduce guildies to Cyrodiil and PvP as it can be very daunting to inexperienced players.
    I don't care about the alliance war, I just want to play, on any faction with my guildies and have fun.

Then have your guildmates or friends use the same alliance character for a campaign. How hard can it be.

I, too, started my pvp experience with a large guild, and you could not join in unless you were on an EP character, so yeah, that's really not a problem, and no excuse not to stick with alliance locking.

It's not guild play that's a problem here, it's a few individuals who deliberately abuse the system, like the OP write in their post above, or examples where someone is on one alliance in IC, then immediately logs onto another to gank someone who was farming stones with them etc etc.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I think it's time to bring back Campaign locks.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Then have your guildmates or friends use the same alliance character for a campaign. How hard can it be.

I, too, started my pvp experience with a large guild, and you could not join in unless you were on an EP character, so yeah, that's really not a problem, and no excuse not to stick with alliance locking.

It's not guild play that's a problem here, it's a few individuals who deliberately abuse the system, like the OP write in their post above, or examples where someone is on one alliance in IC, then immediately logs onto another to gank someone who was farming stones with them etc etc.

We aren't an alliance locked guild, we are a casual guild with all 3 alliances present and some people don't have a toon of each alliance.
    PC-EU

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Ive seen this attitude happen many tines

The N guy sometimes even start to put oils all around the ram to avoid the other team to use ballista
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    However you may be wrong about the alliance lock, @ZOS_BryanW said pre update 18 they are looking at a solution

Source?
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not all for teaming up. I'm too paranoid and I don't trust other pvp'ers (lol). It certainly is not fun when you come accross a green or purple or orange, but think about it this way... If eso pvp cyrodiil was real, people would be betraying their respective houses anyways. Makes it a tad more authentic :)
    There's a slight part of me who prefers that in the game rather than not. Of course it could just be the head injuries that I suffered in cyrodiil that's talking... :D
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would suggest they sent to do penance at Claws Temple Spa Resort.

Always this one has pools to be cleaned, things to be swept, kittens to be babysat, grapes to be stomped.

That, together with a regime of prayer, study and a light diet, should purge them of all their will to do anything at all.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • LifenLemons
    LifenLemons
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit would suggest they sent to do penance at Claws Temple Spa Resort.

Always this one has pools to be cleaned, things to be swept, kittens to be babysat, grapes to be stomped.

That, together with a regime of prayer, study and a light diet, should purge them of all their will to do anything at all.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?
    Edited by LifenLemons on July 30, 2018 10:35AM
    Occasional Online Opinionated Flyby Conversationalist // Part Time Coffee Addict // Hobosapien // Casual Gamer // SAST
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in my case my main is EP but I have other alliance toons, entering same campaigns happens and tbh I go to DC and AD alliances only to get rank 1 before end of week/month to get my transmutation geodes - never used it and never will to give out information to other alliances/friends/guildmates. This mess is tbh caused by players, if our PvP'ing community would be better this topic would not come to light... If you ask me: I am up for locking campaigns to one alliance if that solves the problem. there are plenty of other campaigns where I can get that rank 1 for end of campaign rewards.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could add a cooldown on entering the same campaign on an alternatively allied character. That would fix circumstances like situation #1.

Sharing of inside information via third party utilities (Discord, TS, etc) is unavoidable in all circumstances.

Some people are gonna be ***, regardless.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    A wolf in sheep's clothing purposefully leading the lambs to slaughter...

:/

Zerglings are not lambs XD
    But its a scummy behaviour nonetheless.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Vrany69
    Vrany69
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahah exactly this
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can only think about radical punishments, like: zero down the ap of the individuals, and also removing them from the score board.

but honestly i think campain lock would be nice.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n