The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is shield breaker balanced?

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Luckily we don't need such folly, as there are plenty of examples of sorcerer killing speed. Take this one: first point of damage taken at 0:07, dead at 0:08:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEzSDS5yWqI&feature=youtu.be&t=4s

Well, the same as at interval 0:05-0:06, right? :D

Yep. I never claimed sorcs are the only ones capable of killing fast.

You will notice however how that 0:05-0:06 killing power comes at the price of extreme squishiness. Unlike the sorc princesses here who complain even if it takes over 7 seconds to kill them.
    Edited by Sharee on July 29, 2018 4:03PM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Luckily we don't need such folly, as there are plenty of examples of sorcerer killing speed. Take this one: first point of damage taken at 0:07, dead at 0:08:

You will notice however how that 0:05-0:06 killing power comes at the price of extreme squishiness. Unlike the sorc princesses here who complain even if it takes over 7 seconds to kill them.

killing someone with Light attacks only in 7 sec is balanced little nightblade princess ?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

killing someone with Light attacks only in 7 sec is balanced little nightblade princess ?

Like I said, oblivion damage and balance are like oil and water
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes, it absolutely is. If you let someone light attack you for 7 seconds without doing something about it, that's 12(!) light attacks by the way, each with a very obvious audio clue, then you deserved it.
    Edited by Sharee on July 29, 2018 4:48PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Yes, it absolutely is. If you let someone light attack you for 7 seconds without doing something about it, that's 12(!) light attacks by the way, each with a very obvious audio clue, then you deserved it.

Then create a sorc and show me how you'll do that.
    Here you have the chance to prove us wrong but you won't be able to.

In a fight i'll teabag you for 30 min while you try to kill me with your sorc and if I'm getting tired i'll kill you and there is nothing you can do about.
    And you know what i'll do then? Send you this message:
    Why didn't you avoid the light attacks? :(
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Feanor wrote: »
    Obviously not. But the nerf Sorc brigade will flood this thread like its predecessors and claim it’s needed because they can’t kill shield users. It’s a sad display of crutches.

Lol but shield stackers won’t flood this thread like their predecessors and claim its unbalanced because they can’t survive infinitely without stacking shields. It’s a sad display of crutches.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

If you think that a sorc can spam rolldodge to avoid light attacks we have to agree you play a diff game.
    Your claims of a balanced 7 sec kill with reveals itself youre a total non L2P scenario that needs a completely broken set to actually zerg someone down.

Now do what BohnT suggested you and stop being the eternal forum whineblade and proove us youre actually capable of doing something usefull instead of eternal sorc hating cuz you refuse to L2P.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Biro123 wrote: »
    If spriggarns and spinners instead did 3.2k oblivion damage per sec on non-shielded targets, would it be balanced?

If you think yes, then you're in a good place to think shieldbreaker is balanced.

It’s obvious that things in your mind “make sense” differently than most people.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BohnT wrote: »

I have shown you a video of a sorc killing his target in one second.

A duel to prove it can be done in seven is thus completely pointless.

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    bg22 wrote: »
    Obviously not. But the nerf Sorc brigade will flood this thread like its predecessors and claim it’s needed because they can’t kill shield users. It’s a sad display of crutches.

Lol but shield stackers won’t flood this thread like their predecessors and claim its unbalanced because they can’t survive infinitely without stacking shields. It’s a sad display of crutches.

Play a magsorc without shields in alikr, kill something and live for more than 20 sec of the duel.
    Then come again and let me know what youve found out about the sorc class that has only 1 defensive.

Ps

Update your signature, that prehistoric dinosaur age has passed but its not our fault if you still live/play in it by yourself
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Daus wrote: »
    About as balanced as shield stacking.

If you cant kill a shield stacker then you need to rethink your build... ESPECIALLY if youre a stam toon.

If you keep a shield stacker on the defense, theyre not doing dmg, and just wasting Mag... if you cant kill a shield stacker like that you need to head back to PvE land and learn the basics of a Stam DD.

2.5k Oblivion dmg per about half second IS BROKEN. Especially since MagSorcs have no reliable class healing.

• bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Play a magsorc without shields in alikr, kill something and live for more than 20 sec of the duel.
    Then come again and let me know what youve found out about the sorc class that has only 1 defensive.

Ps

Update your signature, that prehistoric dinosaur age has passed but its not our fault if you still live/play in it by yourself

I’m sorry you’re bad, but it’s not my signatures fault, nor shield breaker.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Classes other than sorcs use shields... how do you think they feel when a couple L33T Legolases rip them apart from range in moments with nothing other than a few light attacks each
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Should honestly only proc on melee light attacks to make kitting a real form of counterplay
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If no oblivion damage it's impossible to kill sorc.
    Or you need 5+ ppl and even then Sorc can just streak away.

Yes, not only sorcs using shields and even stamina users have shields (Bone Shield). But, sorcs has strongest shields.
    I never seen 15k+ shields on anyone but sorcs only.
    And they more supposed to maintain their shields, since all (most: Rune Cage, Mage Fury, Haunting Curse) their damage is not instant, so they have more time to apply another shield.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Yes, not only sorcs using shields and even stamina users have shields (Bone Shield). But, sorcs has strongest shields.
    And they more supposed to maintain their shields, since all (most: Rune Cage, Mage Fury, Haunting Curse) their damage is not instant, so they have more time to apply another shield.

It's great how people who haven't a clue try to explain how a class works to those that know it inside-out.
    Always gives me a chuckle.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It's balanced by it being a choice to only have a 5 set active versus shields and useless versus anyone not shielding.

The only thing I'll add is perhaps a 2 second cooldown should have been added a long time ago.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'll clarify the above statement.

The thing about shield breaker that infuriates people is consecutive spamming of light attacks with a bow.

If they added a small cooldown they would make that ineffective (or just less effective) and likely eliminate the one real issue with shield breaker.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    kikkehs wrote: »
    So just too understand this. Every class (NBs, DKs, Templars and wardens) are allowed to cry about sets that helps zergbads kill them, and crying that said sets is OP.

But if there is a set out there for the sole reason too make zergbads be able too defeat a WHOLE class and we are not allowed to say it's overperforming? realy?

That set isn’t overperforming silly dude. It’s just a bad set. It obviously destroys sorcs and should be deleted. They should come up with a more common sense fix to shield stacking, such as making the second shield cost 10% more if you already have a shield or reducing the sorc damage shield effectiveness by 5%.

It’s not bias. I hate all classes equally. It’s just a clear analysis of the overall consensus of the community that says sorcerers are very strong, probably the strongest and could possibly use a nerf. If something is OP, the community is usually right about it.

Geez, the fact that you’re so defensive about sorcerers probably means you only play a magic sorcerer and are terrified of it being nerfed.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    callen4492 wrote: »
    So just too understand this. Every class (NBs, DKs, Templars and wardens) are allowed to cry about sets that helps zergbads kill them, and crying that said sets is OP.

But if there is a set out there for the sole reason too make zergbads be able too defeat a WHOLE class and we are not allowed to say it's overperforming? realy?

That set isn’t overperforming silly dude. It’s just a bad set. It obviously destroys sorcs and should be deleted. They should come up with a more common sense fix to shield stacking, such as making the second shield cost 10% more if you already have a shield or reducing the sorc damage shield effectiveness by 5%.

It’s not bias. I hate all classes equally. It’s just a clear analysis of the overall consensus of the community that says sorcerers are very strong, probably the strongest and could possibly use a nerf. If something is OP, the community is usually right about it.

Geez, the fact that you’re so defensive about sorcerers probably means you only play a magic sorcerer and are terrified of it being nerfed.

You must be... No, cant say that one aloud on these forums.... But okey! block cost increased with every block, healing cost increased with every heal, cloak cost increased after every use, and increase the cost increase for dodge roll.
    Fair game, right?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Ps

I’m sorry you’re bad, but it’s not my signatures fault, nor shield breaker.

I can be bad but you defending the XXXX oblivion damage just because someone used a defensive makes you horribad.
    Forgotten signature since 2015 its something to laugh at tho, fact.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's as balanced as MagSorc being able to stack 3 shields is balanced.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

You must be... No, cant say that one aloud on these forums.... But okey! block cost increased with every block, healing cost increased with every heal, cloak cost increased after every use, and increase the cost increase for dodge roll.
    Fair game, right?

You were going to say, “You must be very insightful and very good at this game.” It’s okay. You can compliment others on the forums...

Anyway, you assume that magsorcs are balanced as is. Therefore, you view any kind of nerf to magsorcs as “unfair”. Let me tell you though, ZoS doesn’t have some magic formula that tells them what is balanced and what isn’t. They’re making their best guess. At the current meta, the general consensus is that magsorcs defensive capabilities (shield stacking) and their long range, undodgeable, unblockable cc, makes them stronger than other classes. So is that fair for magsorcs to not receive a nerf if they are stronger than other classes? You shouldn’t have an advantage over other players in most situations just because of the class you chose. Likewise, if templars heals or a nightblades cloak, or a tank’s blocking or a medium armor user’s dodge roll was too strong of a defensive capability, they should receive a nerf. However, there is not much of a consensus that any of those defensive capabilities are overpowered. So magsorcs are probably going to have to eat a nerf soon. All will be well in the world. They will still be strong. In the meantime, let’s all laugh at ZoS for making such a silly set as shieldbreaker. Well, unless you’re on a magsorc.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think oblivion damage should exist for players in this game.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's not just punishing magicka sorcs, it's punishing EVERY light armour and healing ward user!

Stop catching my poor magicka nightblade in your shield-stacking sorcerer hate nonsence!
    Edited by ellahellabella on July 30, 2018 5:27AM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I would trade delayed burst for upfront burst any day.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- the average DPS of a top duel build is ~3-4k damage with all skills

You make it sound like 3-4k DPS is the maximum achievable in this game. Tell that to the medium armor build whose 25K HP just got deleted in 1-2 seconds by a rune cage/meteor combo.

Even under the most ideal conditions(3500 DPS) it takes shieldbreaker over 7 seconds of continuous fire to remove all HP from a 25K bar(and thats if the attacker does nothing else except spam bow light attacks). By that time, any competent sorc would either have killed the 25K HP attacker(twice over, probably), or bolted to safety(its not hard to outrange a bow attacker who was likely at max bow range to begin with).

Hilarious argument.

So one player is using a CC into a non-class ultimate. And other spamming light attacks and that's your example for needing balance.

Wow.

I'm gunna setup a Sorc beat me support corner.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When I’m playing a Mag Build and I notice the person fighting me is using SB, I think to myself “oh, better not shield as much” then I don’t shield as much. Then I usually kill them. If I don’t I probably died because I got outplayed. If you’re playing as any Mag Class and are dying to SB, l2p.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I have shown you a video of a sorc killing his target in one second.

A duel to prove it can be done in seven is thus completely pointless.

While smoking i have died to nightblades from stealth in 1 sec.
    Now bring on the cloackbreaker?
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Chibs wrote: »
    When I’m playing a Mag Build and I notice the person fighting me is using SB, I think to myself “oh, better not shield as much” then I don’t shield as much. Then I usually kill them. If I don’t I probably died because I got outplayed. If you’re playing as any Mag Class and are dying to SB, l2p.

Yeah, because that's definitely a viable option for light armor sorcs. Not shielding as much :D

If you're not shielding to mitigate damage, you're LOSing, healing, cloaking, reflecting, dodging, blocking, or facetanking. Or dying. And every other class does these things better than light armor sorc. Except for dying, since that's what a light armor sorc does without shields.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP