The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Outfits][Poll] Hide armor slots * Make more outfit combinations possible

• Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hide more armor slots.
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I would, but not to be half naked - just to be able to hide some shoulders, floating belt buckles and front, side and butt flaps.

Most likely would do the same, some outfits look better without belt & shoulders imo.
    -
    Edited by Craziux on May 17, 2019 10:06PM
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • donmuerte
    donmuerte
    ✭✭
    100% for shoulders. I spend hours and hours trying to find something minimal for an outfit. Only workarounds I've found so far are Soul Shriven and now the Prophet Shawl. Less than desirable option is a costume, but you can't mix and match legs, gloves, etc. to get a good look.
  • mjharper
    mjharper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but TBH only shoulders and belts. Options to hide chest and legs would inevitably result in near-naked characters running around all over the place.

Okay, I know some people will consider that overly sensitive (it's an 18+ game yada yada) but I get annoyed by flame atronach pets as well. ESO has an aesthetic, and that should mean something.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mjharper wrote: »
    Yes, but TBH only shoulders and belts. Options to hide chest and legs would inevitably result in near-naked characters running around all over the place.

Okay, I know some people will consider that overly sensitive (it's an 18+ game yada yada) but I get annoyed by flame atronach pets as well. ESO has an aesthetic, and that should mean something.

I agree with the aesthetic point, although I think there are enough chest pieces and leg pieces that can be used without a leg or chest piece respectively and still be appropriate for the game. I feel like people should have full outfit freedom since I honestly think the majority of players would use that freedom in a way that respects the game's aesthetic.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ticka_kicka
    ticka_kicka
    ✭✭✭
    pretty sure a bunch of people would just play naked but honestly worth it so that I can make snazzier looking armors tbh
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to find belts and shoulders to be as least visible as possible, but it's not easy.

Wish this feature was in-game already.

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Please add a comment)
    only if you cant hide the pants. last thing we want is people running around in undies, bad enough we see that horrible towel.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not trying to see FAT ORCS in underwear all over Tamriel...sorry.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Now that they have motifs without all the parts (thinking of the lack of belt on the Prophet’s style) they should give us blank placeholders so it doesn’t look like our character is wearing a giant WWE belt on top of their moth priest robes

I’m just saying that immersion objections need to consider stuff like this as well.
    We’ve seen them release style sets that are missing pieces, so they can release a style set that only allows certain pieces to be hidden.

To piggy back from earlier In The thread

Style Page: Emperor’s New Sash
    Style Page: Emperor’s New Arm Cops
    Style Page: Emperor’s New Shoes

Etc etc for the pieces they allow us to hide. If they don’t include pants, that’s their prerogative, just like they didn’t include belts for the Prophet.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like the option to hide shoulder armor, and I want them to just STOP with the friggin' tassets on chest armor. They look HORRENDOUS when your character is in motion.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Now that they have motifs without all the parts (thinking of the lack of belt on the Prophet’s style) they should give us blank placeholders so it doesn’t look like our character is wearing a giant WWE belt on top of their moth priest robes

I’m just saying that immersion objections need to consider stuff like this as well.
    We’ve seen them release style sets that are missing pieces, so they can release a style set that only allows certain pieces to be hidden.

To piggy back from earlier In The thread

Style Page: Emperor’s New Sash
    Style Page: Emperor’s New Arm Cops
    Style Page: Emperor’s New Shoes

Etc etc for the pieces they allow us to hide. If they don’t include pants, that’s their prerogative, just like they didn’t include belts for the Prophet.

Agreed!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I'd like the option to hide shoulder armor, and I want them to just STOP with the friggin' tassets on chest armor. They look HORRENDOUS when your character is in motion.

Deffinitly need hidden shoulders and belts, and hiding the hip-flaps.
    (I don't see them bothering with the hip-flaps at first tho.)

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • hagk
    hagk
    Soul Shriven
    Has ZOS said anything about this?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagk wrote: »
    Has ZOS said anything about this?

No, but if you think about it, it is a Crown Store Customization Bonanza, so I am sure that the accountants are asking about this daily. :) There must be technical issues that prevent it, or they just have not had a chance to finish it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, hiding the hip flaps/etc, is a bit harder than hiding Shoulders or Belts. Because that's not a location. They're built in to the Chest pieces, so to hide them would take redefining the models & how they work.
  • hagk
    hagk
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately, hiding the hip flaps/etc, is a bit harder than hiding Shoulders or Belts. Because that's not a location. They're built in to the Chest pieces, so to hide them would take redefining the models & how they work.

Yes I don't think that'd be possible in a near future... However, letting us hide the shoulder parts would be a long way to go and I think they had the technology for some point for that in the PTS.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for it. My bosmer should be allowed to walk barefeet, and Dances-with-frogs, my Argonian, should be allowed to be shirtless.

Also, would such an option also conceal some parts of collectible costumes (as, I think, the hide head piece does)? It might be interesting...
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The option to hide every slot should be a base game feature together with hide tabard.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • altunit21
    altunit21
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy this from the crown store Zos ... I'm sure I'm not the only one who would.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest question is why haven't they at the very least given us hide shoulders? How long have we had the outfit system again?
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They release outfits that don’t have pieces. The Prophet style doesn’t have a waist piece! What are we supposed to do, use a WWE championship belt?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    The option to hide every slot should be a base game feature together with hide tabard.

I am sure it will be a base game feature, unlocked per character in the Crown Store! :trollface:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. This is past due.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They release outfits that don’t have pieces. The Prophet style doesn’t have a waist piece! What are we supposed to do, use a WWE championship belt?

use orc medium belts. At least on xbox they are invisble.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Seriously. This is past due.

This... Is it really so hard? Seriously? Make it invisible motif or whatever, sell it in crown store, but do it.

I know this thread has been necroed but it's still on point as it was year ago.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not paying crowns just to hide armour slots.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please.

Shoulders 1st cause they look pretty bad most of the times. They don't scale properly according to the char's physical structure.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Still hoping for this "Hide Armor slots" feature to be added, but in the end it's up to them. I bet they listen to their community, but just wish they could also do something about it.

I want to support them, but right now most other games for me at least is more interesting. This also might be cause I've spent.. 7000+ hours into this game. :P

Inconsistent "story-telling", "content", paid "rewards" and such that they seem to do today puts me a bit off playing right now.

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    If they are worried about this losing them money, consider that tattoos will be much more poplar if you could actually dress a character in a way that you can see them...
  • hagk
    hagk
    Soul Shriven
    If they are worried about this losing them money, consider that tattoos will be much more poplar if you could actually dress a character in a way that you can see them...

Exactly, what's the point of selling tattoos when there's so few styles that allow us to see them? Sai Sahan is good but a little more customization wouldn't hurt.