The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Vampirism not leveled on template characters

LiquidPony
LiquidPony
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
First, please remove the automatic Lycanthropy from template characters. I understand that this is the Werewolf patch, but please, it takes 5 seconds to purchase the skill line from the Crown Store. I don't want to have to go cure Lycanthropy on all of my template characters.

Second, and I don't believe this was the case in the prior PTS patch version, but as of today, when I create a new Template character ... after curing Lycanthropy and then purchasing the Vampirism skill line from the Crown Store, my Vampire skill level is 1. This was not the case in prior PTS revisions, where Vampire (like all other skill lines) was completely leveled upon purchasing.

Many (most?) end game player use Vampirism for the +10% mag/stam recovery, so not having this available out of the box hinders testing.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will pass the issue along.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Thank you @Tasear!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a bug, templates have in inventory "vampire maxer" consumable item, which levels vampirism to 10
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not an issue, op is blind and don't look in all containers.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    It's not a bug, templates have in inventory "vampire maxer" consumable item, which levels vampirism to 10

@Astrid_V interesting, that's new, in the past when you purchased the skill line it was already leveled. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this new item.

No need to be a prick about it.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

@Astrid_V interesting, that's new, in the past when you purchased the skill line it was already leveled. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this new item.

I use PTS since 2 years and vamipire and werewolf maxers were always in templates inventories.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

I use PTS since 2 years and vamipire and werewolf maxers were always in templates inventories.

Regardless, it was has not been necessary to use said item on a fresh template character for quite some time, at least since Morrowind, because the skill line was maxed as soon as you unlocked it, just like every other skill line in the game is maxed out on a template character as soon as you unlock it. Perhaps the item was necessary before, when template characters did not come out of the box with all skill lines leveled.
    Edited by LiquidPony on July 20, 2018 3:10PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not blindness. The containers are, unfortunately, a bit cumbersome to sort through, and even experienced players who don't spend a lot of time on PTS Template builds have difficulty with them. Even knowing the template system, I still have issues with this, personally.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not blindness. The containers are, unfortunately, a bit cumbersome to sort through, and even experienced players who don't spend a lot of time on PTS Template builds have difficulty with them. Even knowing the template system, I still have issues with this, personally.

And even players who do spend a lot of time using PTS Template characters (like me, because I was a console player until recently and the only way I could test on PTS was with template characters) may not be aware of every last bit of stuff included in some box within a box within a box.

And regardless, I don't think the existence of the consumable necessarily means this isn't an issue. Vampirism should be max level when you unlock the skill line, just like all other skill lines. Just a few weeks ago, Vampirism was maxed on unlock and it is not now.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understood
  • Droan
    Droan
    Soul Shriven
    What is the item that maxes vampirism called? I cannot find it for the life of me.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V Where, pray tell, is this mystical "Vampire max-leveling consumable" of which you speak?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Astrid_V Where, pray tell, is this mystical "Vampire max-leveling consumable" of which you speak?

I don't see it, either. It's not in the Pouch of Progression Purveyance, the Tester's Lunch Box, or anywhere in the Consumables container as far as I can see. I emptied them all out rather than just looking through the boxes, since sometimes there's stuff in them that doesn't show up unless you take it all.

I do remember the Vampire Maxer item from back before skill lines were all leveled out of the box, but I don't recall where it was located and I can't find it now. Which is not to say it isn't there, but the location isn't obvious if it is.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Vampire/Werewolf maxing items were removed when they started having the lines fully leveled by default. Meaning that it is a bug, and thus needs to be fixed.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Astrid_V can you tell us where to find the vampire maxer? Seems that a lot of people can't find it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing this post from the dead because it's still very much so relevant. Cured my auto-werewolf template and purchased vamp from the crown store - but it's not maxed and the maxer consumable is no longer given
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed the template is still set to the last update.

Unfortunately Zos tends to not change the template in the middle of a PTS cycle. Some of us may remember when the template was always behind on CP.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 for this change. The PTS templates could use some work, and this seems like a minor change that would help a lot of us.

@Tasear, sorry to bug you about this, but would you consider bringing this up again with whomever the appropriate person/team is, please?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    +1 for this change. The PTS templates could use some work, and this seems like a minor change that would help a lot of us.

@Tasear, sorry to bug you about this, but would you consider bringing this up again with whomever the appropriate person/team is, please?

Understood
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

Understood

Thanks for the acknowledgement :)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Bringing this post from the dead because it's still very much so relevant. Cured my auto-werewolf template and purchased vamp from the crown store - but it's not maxed and the maxer consumable is no longer given

There is always something on the PTS that is missing....
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fastest way to level Vampirism after curing is to grab a bunch of Alchemy/Enchanting Master Writs out of the template bag (and install the WritWorthy addon), pop a 150% XP booster, complete about 25-30 writs and then turn them all on. Should get Vampire leveled enough to get the +10% regen bonus and only takes 5-10 minutes.

Still a bit of a pain. Not sure why this is still an issue 3+ months later.
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    I just discovered this issue today myself.
    Wanted to test out a vampire but had to cure the lycanthropy which came by default (why?). Next, I bought vampirism from the store for 1 crown.

Turns out vampire was at level 1. Came to this thread and spent hours searching for this magic “Vampire leveling ambrosia” mentioned here , but can’t find it in any of the boxes.

Could someone please fix this by maxing out the disease skill lines beforehand ? On live if you cure the disease and reacquire it later you retain the disease level you had earlier. And of course please remove the default lycanthropy, anyone can get those skills in 30 sec from the crown store.

Or if someone can carefully point out which box is that vampire maxer in, it’d be most appreciated.
    Edited by An_An on November 1, 2018 5:51AM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this very frustrating when making my NB build but on the plus side it gave me a chance to run through public dungeons testing different skills to help level it lol.

Overall this does need fixing so vamp setups are easier to make and test.
    Edited by OneKhajiitCrimeWave on November 1, 2018 2:18PM
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!