The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

10k Overload hits

• Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k Overload hits is hitting WAY TOO HARD.
    needs to be around 2000 or even less and please remove the stunn and nockdown from it.

What stun and knockback?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k Overload hits is hitting WAY TOO HARD.
    needs to be around 2000 or even less and please remove the stunn and nockdown from it.

Oh boy. When stamblades joins discussion it's hard to tell are they serious or trolling...
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont get me wrong , I also think overload gank is overtuned but what bothers me is why for some people this way of ganking is disgusting but others dont. It's not like overload gank is first or one and only or the easiest way of one shot ganks.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha membah when sorcs still had 1k ultimate?

I tried it, and even then it felt like such a one trick pony build.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It literally is a one trick pony build. The whole point in the ridiculously long animation delay is that it gives your opponent a significant amount of time to react. Therefore, in World PVP, you have to consider terrain and rules of engagement very seriously before you engage in a 1vX or a 1v1.

That's why all the complaining is so aggravating.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow projectile sure is hard to dodge

Sure is, near impossible when trapped in a rune prisony cagey thing thar.

The sad ending to the sorc narrative is fake news kids...

Every thread labelled a "nerf sorc thread" by the sorc mains/fanbois is actually a Do Not Nerf sorc thread. Just like the first words outa the door to door salesmans mouth is "I'm not selling anything".

Edited by Dredlord on July 21, 2018 12:57AM
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    Willard wrote: »
    With the Psijic Order Skills, specifically "Elemental Weapon--Infuse your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack used within 2 seconds to deal an additional 6177 Magic Damage and apply the Burning, Concussion or Chill elemental status effect."

My light attacks from my Destro Staff and especially Overload are hitting 10K+ easy.

Elemental Weapon don't procs from Overload hits.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I fought some of these ganksorc in a BG recently. 3 of them and healplar on a team. It was domination or chaos king. Every single death....and i had many, had a 10k plus OLLA on it. The average was around 13k. We managed to kill one of their guys once and only because they were fighting the other team and we basically caught them from behind and CCed the hell out of them. They farmed both of our teams before winning the BG( time ran out) Not one magsorc had less than 25 kills and nearly as many assists. All of them had over 5000 medal points. I think i died about a dozen times and got 2 kills and 3 assists.

Summerset really screwed up pvp balance. It is really lopsided now. I was doing a chaos kings on one of the newer maps The cliffy one with the tunnels on it. A sniper on another team would sit on one of the ledges and could cover half the battlefield with a bow. You try to go for flags in his range and boom 13k -15k snipe followed by a 3k pos inj tick. You were dead in 2 or 3 seconds. He had 32 kills and zero deaths and zero assists when the BG ended.

That sort of ridiculousness didnt happen before summerset. The most ive been hit for in a BG pre summerset was about 8k and that was a rare day. Most high hits were 4-5kish. None of this 5 digit BS. Summerset completely ruined BGs for me. Its constant CCs OLLAs and snipes.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fought some of these ganksorc in a BG recently. 3 of them and healplar on a team. It was domination or chaos king. Every single death....and i had many, had a 10k plus OLLA on it. The average was around 13k. We managed to kill one of their guys once and only because they were fighting the other team and we basically caught them from behind and CCed the hell out of them. They farmed both of our teams before winning the BG( time ran out) Not one magsorc had less than 25 kills and nearly as many assists. All of them had over 5000 medal points. I think i died about a dozen times and got 2 kills and 3 assists.

Summerset really screwed up pvp balance. It is really lopsided now. I was doing a chaos kings on one of the newer maps The cliffy one with the tunnels on it. A sniper on another team would sit on one of the ledges and could cover half the battlefield with a bow. You try to go for flags in his range and boom 13k -15k snipe followed by a 3k pos inj tick. You were dead in 2 or 3 seconds. He had 32 kills and zero deaths and zero assists when the BG ended.

That sort of ridiculousness didnt happen before summerset. The most ive been hit for in a BG pre summerset was about 8k and that was a rare day. Most high hits were 4-5kish. None of this 5 digit BS. Summerset completely ruined BGs for me. Its constant CCs OLLAs and snipes.

Hmm 10k non-weavavle ultimate overloads, 15k weavavle spammable snipes...

Nerf sorc'?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Hmm 10k non-weavavle ultimate overloads, 15k weavavle spammable snipes...

Nerf sorc'?

I said mo less than 10k OLLA and averaged 13k. Snipe was 13k to 15k. I got hit with some 14 and 15k OLLA too. And they are pretty spammable.
  • Mirrrr
    Mirrrr
    ✭✭✭
    Im probably the worst pvper you will meet and even I can survive overload. So when will dks stamblades and everything else that can possibly kill us nerfed?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Daus

So how do you make a slow projectile worthwhile then? Will hits just as hard, yet it’s much faster and less visible. And it isn’t even an ultimate. It’s so funny NB tools are always fine and Sorc ones are OP.
    Edited by Feanor on July 23, 2018 10:20AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Daus

So how do you make a slow projectile worthwhile then? Will hits just as hard, yet it’s much faster and less visible. And it isn’t even an ultimate. It’s so funny NB tools are always fine and Sorc ones are OP.

Huh? What are we talking about? Overload? The only gripe I have about that ult is that it gets empowered +40% now.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    @Daus

Huh? What are we talking about? Overload? The only gripe I have about that ult is that it gets empowered +40% now.

Ah, well, that's the same thing sorcs said would be too strong on the pts..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    @Daus

Ah, well, that's the same thing sorcs said would be too strong on the pts..

Again: Funny. If you talk about other builds people will always point out the opportunity cost for running them (“giving up a 5pc” - Shieldbreaker, “just a squishy one trick gank build” NB stealth based gank builds, “slow projectile and highly telegraphed” Caluurion - etc). But that somehow is different if you run Elegance and Empower your OL attacks.

Yes, every Sorc said it shouldn’t be affected by Empower. But the double standards are so hilarious.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I was as good as the people who say it's slow and easy to deal with. It must be so nice to be able to instantly know when someone is about to hit you from stealth, or be able to see exactly what everyone is doing in large fights at all times. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just disengage from the person I was fighting, quickly turn around and block the overload.

In 1v1 it's terrible, in anything else it's stupidly designed. It forces you to play very defensive or be killed in 2-3 hits. Even getting hit once by this usually means death in group or 1vx situations as it's going to be followed by endless fury and probably a curse.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I wish I was as good as the people who say it's slow and easy to deal with. It must be so nice to be able to instantly know when someone is about to hit you from stealth, or be able to see exactly what everyone is doing in large fights at all times. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just disengage from the person I was fighting, quickly turn around and block the overload.

This is my thought exactly when all these forum warriors claim they can do and so should you. They are obviously thinking of that time they were 1v1ing that magsorc without all his buddies in front of him, with plenty of space between them, and they can see his hands go all zappy with the ult. Of course I know to freakin dodge in that situation. MOST other situations, you are focused on the 1-3 OTHER enemies in front of you, and then get zapped for 10k plus damage from behind or out of sight. In Cyrodiil? Forget about it. You'll be dead before the animation/effect even registers.

Again, I'm not here to call for nerfs across the board, maybe just an empower tweak. It's the sheer amount of effortless burst potential for this ability that makes it unreasonable in PvP.

Currently I am averaging 10+ more kills in deathmatch than the players below me in a winning match. And I don't even like playing magsorc.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my thought exactly when all these forum warriors claim they can do and so should you. They are obviously thinking of that time they were 1v1ing that magsorc without all his buddies in front of him, with plenty of space between them, and they can see his hands go all zappy with the ult. Of course I know to freakin dodge in that situation. MOST other situations, you are focused on the 1-3 OTHER enemies in front of you, and then get zapped for 10k plus damage from behind or out of sight. In Cyrodiil? Forget about it. You'll be dead before the animation/effect even registers.

Again, I'm not here to call for nerfs across the board, maybe just an empower tweak. It's the sheer amount of effortless burst potential for this ability that makes it unreasonable in PvP.

Currently I am averaging 10+ more kills in deathmatch than the players below me in a winning match. And I don't even like playing magsorc.

This happens to everyone in open world pvp you fool. Can't tell you how many times I've been engaged in an open field 1v1 or 2v1 and a stealth NB pops out and 1 shots me while I'm kiting my opponents and assuming I'm safe. There are literally multiple skills I can list that kill you like this, dying to overload because your situational awareness was "Overloaded" at that moment is not the skills fault, it's still on you the player, if you notice you're to deep into it and you don't bail you're absolutely risking getting popped, we all risk that whenever we engage in Open World PVP.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

This happens to everyone in open world pvp you fool. Can't tell you how many times I've been engaged in an open field 1v1 or 2v1 and a stealth NB pops out and 1 shots me while I'm kiting my opponents and assuming I'm safe. There are literally multiple skills I can list that kill you like this, dying to overload because your situational awareness was "Overloaded" at that moment is not the skills fault, it's still on you the player, if you notice you're to deep into it and you don't bail you're absolutely risking getting popped, we all risk that whenever we engage in Open World PVP.

Name one other skill in the entire game that hits harder please, because I have never seen it. Overloard hits me around 8-10k and it can be spammed. when fighting multiple people it's just a little much.

• MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Name one other skill in the entire game that hits harder please, because I have never seen it. Overloard hits me around 8-10k and it can be spammed. when fighting multiple people it's just a little much.

...Snipe, Lethal Arrow, Incap, Meteor, Infernal Guardian Procs, Executes, Dawnbreaker
    list goes on and on
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...Snipe, Lethal Arrow, Incap, Meteor, Infernal Guardian Procs, Executes, Dawnbreaker
    list goes on and on

Snipe/lethal arrow hits very hard yes and to me is just as bad as overload spam, it's a stupid design. But all the other skills you listed don't even compare in damage to what snipe/overload hits for. Maybe only meteor comes close, even though I have still never been hit with one over 7k and it also can't be spammed.

Incap doesn't hit that hard, it hit's about the same as a normal spammable. It just does alot for such a cheap cost and is already being changed.

Edited by Crixus8000 on July 24, 2018 3:26AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Slow projectile sure is hard to dodge

Sure is, near impossible when trapped in a rune prisony cagey thing thar.

The sad ending to the sorc narrative is fake news kids...

Every thread labelled a "nerf sorc thread" by the sorc mains/fanbois is actually a Do Not Nerf sorc thread. Just like the first words outa the door to door salesmans mouth is "I'm not selling anything".

I dunno man, even with my 300~450 pings, I can pretty much break free before Sorc can even land a OL most of the times. No 10k hits so far on my non-tank build. What I do enjoy though is reflecting it right back at them with any of the reflecting skills.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on July 23, 2018 10:59PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/T6RD8ae

Just a normal day in Battlegrounds, eh?
    Edited by DarkJester1 on July 24, 2018 3:25AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to hire the StamWarden PR team. They brilliantly managed to fly under the radar untouched and unscathed because it’s “OMG Sorc OP” all the way.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to get that combo down but am not used to the crystal frags proc. Is there a sound effect or other indication other than having to look down at the skill bar?

I'm convinced I can do a 30k combo in 2 secs I just have to get it right. Then I'll post a screenshot that'll shut up some of these apologists. ;P
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

list goes on and on

Not even close. With CPs and a crit, OLLA tops all of these. My last one in duels was 21k and I'm in purple.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to get that combo down but am not used to the crystal frags proc. Is there a sound effect or other indication other than having to look down at the skill bar?

I'm convinced I can do a 30k combo in 2 secs I just have to get it right. Then I'll post a screenshot that'll shut up some of these apologists. ;P

Your hands will glow when it procs. The various combat Addons offer much better visuals though, even going so far has having a flashing icon or outright buff timer symbol.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get hit with 10k snipes all the time - that's in heavy armour.
    And it isn't an ulti, and can be woven with light attacks, and doesn't need empower..

So in one cooldown, its snipe+la - can be done every cooldown.

Empowered overload = once every 2 cooldowns.. And only useable for a bit as its an ulti.

Can't just compare flat numbers.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hit with 10k snipes all the time...
    Can't just compare flat numbers.

You're completely right. Especially since you're probably comparing CP and non CP numbers. 10k snipes in BGs would take absolutely optimal circumstances. OLLA basically starts at 8k and just goes up depending on lack of resists. From my experience anyway.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload hits like a truck but its hard to stay alive on the Overload bar, skills have a nasty delay so shielding or bolt escaping takes more time.

There's a reason why most sorcs run Meteor, Overload is a nightmare to use in hectic fights.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer