Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10k Overload hits

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
How are sorcs doing this? I am wearing riposte with some tanky skills and my other team mates were saying they were hitting for 14k. What is going on with Overload!
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this another nerf sorc thread?

The slowest most easily avoidable ulti, and it hits hard.

10k is decent

Edit: buff streak :) also, overload + elegant + motg makes OLLAs hit hard.
    Edited by OGLezard on July 17, 2018 12:43AM
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting hit with this a lot and usually during group fights where it's tough to keep track of all incoming attacks.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow projectile sure is hard to dodge
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a problem, unless you are getting hit from behind and you don't notice it. But all classes can destroy you if you are engaged and don't see what's coming from behind. Yes I can notice the the overload builds quite quick more than not. Not a problem. Cheers.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elegance set: +20% dmg
    Bound Armaments: +11% dmg
    Mage light(Empower): +20% dmg

So you're looking at about a 50-60% boosted initial attack depending on how it's calculated.

edit: oh and combine with Martial for an extra +10% on the second attack.
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on July 17, 2018 3:29AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep we are suppose to see slow projectile fired by someone in stealth. Perhaps mdk should flap their wings periodically to cater schrodinger's sorc
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on July 17, 2018 3:29AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you're looking at about a 50-60% boosted initial attack depending on how it's calculated.

+ weapon enchantments
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

+ weapon enchantments

Empower is 40%
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh. The overload gank....
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »

+ weapon enchantments

Empower is 40%

Oops you're right. So now we're up to like +80% damage.
    Also Master-at-Arms...jesus... LOL
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build for it specifcally and its strong to Gank with. Like any ultimate.

But otherwise, only bad players are getting killed with it. It's slow and obvious.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep we are suppose to see slow projectile fired by someone in stealth. Perhaps mdk should flap their wings periodically to cater schrodinger's sorc

No of course you shouldn’t have to keep your defenses up in a war zone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    Lol this another nerf sorc thread?

overload + elegant + motg makes OLLAs hit hard.

No. If you learned to read posts before getting all defensive you'd see I'm trying to learn instead of calling for nerfs.

And for those telling me to dodge, obviously if they weren't sniping with it while I'm fighting 3 of their team mates I would. These sorcs don't make a habit of engaging 1v1 lol.

Also what is OLLAs and motg?
    Edited by Datolite on July 17, 2018 12:06PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OLLA = Overload light attack
    motg = dunno xD
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    OLLA = Overload light attack
    motg = dunno xD

motg = morag tong ? Maybe ? But i don't see how this can be useful for an overload build.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MotG = Might of the Guild, the mages guild passive that grants Empower after using a Mage guild skill.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    MotG = Might of the Guild, the mages guild passive that grants Empower after using a Mage guild skill.

I see. So they basically use mage light before each OLLA. Buffed by Elegance and Martial and passive from Armaments. I'm guessing their crit and pen is maxed.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I ran an overload build (not a gank build), I ran elegance + netch. You can also run spinner, but there's a lot less heavy armor out there. This was a year ago and I routinely hit 15k+ overloads then and it's much stronger now and lots of set options to buff OL.

The weakness of a dedicated overload build is that you get a lot weaker when you run out of ultimate and typically have very low regen. You can also easily kill yourself on reflects. And you have very, very few skills to work with. So a sorc probably only has one shield on their overload bar and dropping in and out of overload is very clunky.

So they are strongest when they can turret-sorc behind melee or from a safe spot. OLis easy to dodge and reflect, but only if you see it coming. Push through to pressure the sorc, run a reflect if you can and cc them on cooldown. Unlike a snipe ganker, the sorc can't vanish except with an invis pot, and if they start streaking away that low regen will drain them fast and they won't be able to shield (but can still attack if in overload.)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    When I ran an overload build (not a gank build), I ran elegance + netch. You can also run spinner, but there's a lot less heavy armor out there. This was a year ago and I routinely hit 15k+ overloads then and it's much stronger now and lots of set options to buff OL.

The weakness of a dedicated overload build is that you get a lot weaker when you run out of ultimate and typically have very low regen. You can also easily kill yourself on reflects. And you have very, very few skills to work with. So a sorc probably only has one shield on their overload bar and dropping in and out of overload is very clunky.

So they are strongest when they can turret-sorc behind melee or from a safe spot. OLis easy to dodge and reflect, but only if you see it coming. Push through to pressure the sorc, run a reflect if you can and cc them on cooldown. Unlike a snipe ganker, the sorc can't vanish except with an invis pot, and if they start streaking away that low regen will drain them fast and they won't be able to shield (but can still attack if in overload.)

/agree.

I don't like overload builds - You can almost guarantee that when you suddenly need to move quickly, you're on the overload bar - but streak/boundless is on you resto bar... and its always too late by the time you switch.. Sooo easy to die while using it(an a getting annoyed at the clunkyness kind of way). For me, despite buffs, its still just a utility bar (on some builds).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost all of the overload gankers I see on Xbox NA sit on the roads between keeps. It is literally impossible to react to this when you are 2-shotted while the 1st shot hits when you are on your mount. Before I can even dismount, the second projectile hits me and I am dead. Not sure how to avoid that.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Almost all of the overload gankers I see on Xbox NA sit on the roads between keeps. It is literally impossible to react to this when you are 2-shotted while the 1st shot hits when you are on your mount. Before I can even dismount, the second projectile hits me and I am dead. Not sure how to avoid that.

Don’t let your horse stamina fully deplete and avoid the ganking alleys. That’s at least what people getting told when they complain about stamina based ganks.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don’t let your horse stamina fully deplete and avoid the ganking alleys. That’s at least what people getting told when they complain about stamina based ganks.

I rarely ever am fully depleted on stamina on my mount. I was not when I was ganked. The hits came so quickly in succession that I was not out of range on a 60/60/60 mount with rapids on before he got two shots off. When a nightblade attempts to gank me when I am on my mount and still have stamina I can just ride away. Not with these overload gankers.

Edit: death recap usually has 1 hit for 12k and 1 for 15k. I am in 7 pieces impen gear. Doesn't seem balanced to me.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on July 18, 2018 3:34PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop saying Overload is ok. Just go make some math taking the amount of ultimate points used, the time it deals it, the utility of it. 25 ultimate for 10k damage on a tanky build, that's per second, and for utility it's a 3rd bar, light attacks, and stunning the target while the bullet is in air is a secure hit not "easy avoidable"
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid

ZOSed. That Empower shouldn’t affect OL was brought up countless times before the update. It’s not that the Sorcs didn’t warn.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    stop saying Overload is ok. Just go make some math taking the amount of ultimate points used, the time it deals it, the utility of it. 25 ultimate for 10k damage on a tanky build, that's per second, and for utility it's a 3rd bar, light attacks, and stunning the target while the bullet is in air is a secure hit not "easy avoidable"

Yeah i didn't even consider that. Extremely hard hitting ultimate while also providing the utility of an entirely new skill bar. Definitely not balanced. The new empower change wasn't really thought through with this ultimate in mind...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid

ZOSed. That Empower shouldn’t affect OL was brought up countless times before the update. It’s not that the Sorcs didn’t warn.

*shrugs shoulders* well no point in banging on about it then. They are aware.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah i didn't even consider that. Extremely hard hitting ultimate while also providing the utility of an entirely new skill bar. Definitely not balanced. The new empower change wasn't really thought through with this ultimate in mind...

But it doesn't.. You can't really use overload as an offensive ulti AND a utility bar - doesn't work. Firstly you have to remember that overload cannot be woven with light attacks or abilities, so the actual damage is lower than it appears when compared to a standard light-attack/ability weave.
    So for overload to work, you need to REALLY bump up its damage. That can only be done by adding 2 passive 'stat-buff' abilities to that 'utility bar' - one for empower (not gonna mention the overload-specific gear-sets too). You then also need a shield - cos you always get stuck on that bar..

That leaves you space for only 2 other abilities.. now overload on its own won't kill - you need an execute - and either the cc+timing of crystal-blast (for the gank) - OR curse to try and time some burst - OR cage to try to CC your target (doesn't time well with overload).. Remember you can't weave them with OL.

So basically, no utility, no mobility, no heals, poor defence, limited offence (aside from spamming overload).

Or you could use it for the utility bar - but in that case, your overloads are likely to be hitting for 3-8k depending on the target.. with no empower, no aligning with curse/wrath/cage etc.... ie.. a pointless ulti - you're gonna do better damage with your la/pulse when combingin with a bit of curse/frag/wrath too.. Also makes it pointless to use gear-sets for overload.

its all or nothing - one OR the other. Yo do NOT get both an offensive ulti and a utility bar from the same build.
    Edited by Biro123 on July 18, 2018 3:54PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

But it doesn't.. You can't really use overload as an offensive ulti AND a utility bar - doesn't work. Firstly you have to remember that overload cannot be woven with light attacks or abilities, so the actual damage is lower than it appears when compared to a standard light-attack/ability weave.
    So for overload to work, you need to REALLY bump up its damage. That can only be done by adding 2 passive 'stat-buff' abilities to that 'utility bar' - one for empower (not gonna mention the overload-specific gear-sets too). You then also need a shield - cos you always get stuck on that bar..

That leaves you space for only 2 other abilities.. now overload on its own won't kill - you need an execute - and either the cc+timing of crystal-blast (for the gank) - OR curse to try and time some burst - OR cage to try to CC your target (doesn't time well with overload).. Remember you can't weave them with OL.

So basically, no utility, no mobility, poor defence, limited offence (aside from spamming overload).

Or you could use it for the utility bar - but in that case, your overloads are likely to be hitting for 3-8k depending on the target.. with no aligning with curse/wrath/cage etc.... ie.. a pointless ulti - you're gonna do better damage with your la/pulse when combingin with a bit of curse/frag/wrath too.. Also makes it pointless to use gear-sets for overload.

its all or nothing - one OR the other. Yo do NOT get both an offensive ulti and a utility bar from the same build.

Even the ability to allow 1 extra skill makes it a utility bar and a huge buff. I cannot tell you how many times i wish i had room for even 1 more single skill. Even if you have to fill it with stuff to make it hit hard you still get SOME room.

I wear 7 pieces impen, have max CP resistances, and some red CP into crit resist and have had multiple death recaps with 12-15k overload hits since summerset. The new empower change changes the ultimate completely.

It does kill on its own. No execute or cc needed. I was zooming between keeps on 60/60/60 mount with plenty of stamina still in the pool and rapids and the sorc hiding in stealth got two overload light attacks on me before i could ride out of range. 1 for 12k, 1 for 15k. No other skills in the death re-cap. Not needed.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Or you could use it for the utility bar - but in that case, your overloads are likely to be hitting for 3-8k depending on the target.. with no empower, no aligning with curse/wrath/cage etc.... ie.. a pointless ulti - you're gonna do better damage with your la/pulse when combingin with a bit of curse/frag/wrath too.. Also makes it pointless to use gear-sets for overload.

This. If you aren't running a dedicated overload build but using OL, you get the worst of both worlds for a spammable blockable/dodgeable/reflectable spammable that will hurt you more than your opponent.

I pulled up old videos and I was usually running Inner Light, Wrath, Frags, Ward, Armaments; so I'd usually pop Wrath, stun with frag, hard cast a frag and finish with OL. Today I'd probably drop Wrath for Cage. It is a very limited selection of skills to work with. If you try to drop out of your OL bar in combat it is likely a death sentence if you can't get distance and LoS.

Is it extremely hard to counter an OL gank? Yes, but it's also hard to counter an Incap gank, a Dark Flare gank, a Reach->Soul Assault gank, or any other gank in this game.

Does it suck to be OL spammed from range while fighting other people? Yep. But that's true for any hard hitting ranged skill. I get Snipe spammed from safety a lot more often than Overload.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw, elegance, Innate Axiom. Power Surge, Magelight, C-Blast, OLLA. Also effective for enemies on siege.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP