The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Green dragon blood needs to be 33% of max health rather than missing health

sly007
sly007
✭✭✭✭
It is about time to buff green dragonblood. This heal need to be changed to 33% of max health. It's been stuck in a bad place for far too long. This heal is only good when you are in execute range.

With the changes to unblockable and undodgeable skills, this skill is even worse. Blocking to use green dragon blood at 20% hp? Too bad, here is a poison injection tick for 3.5k. Take this mages fury as well for 7k. Don't worry, here comes subterranian assault for 5k. The reasoning behind green dragon blood cannot be defended anymore. It is abysmal and a waste of magicka.

Please, for the love of all things dragon, buff green dragon blood.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other morph does a set amount based on max mag... take that one...

Or use Vigor if you're stam like every other stam class.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    this wont happen, green dragons blood is still super strong for PVE tanks
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Current form adds a factor of skill involved. The longer you hold out, the bigger the heal. Tanking (where this is most relevant) becomes about knowing just how far you can push the limit and still stay upright.

It's also not intended to be your only source of healing.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE tank, here.

Leave muh Green Dragon Blood alone!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the more heal you can do the less damage you should be able to do.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent. Completely irrelevant, but excellent, nonetheless.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE tank, here.

Leave muh Green Dragon Blood alone!

Changing it to 33% of your max health is not going to no change your build. It will increase your healing. This would be a buff to everyone including players with low health and a bigger buff to tank with high health.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for this.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oohh on the contrary, you see @sly007 is asking for a greater heal on a Tank class here in this thread, and with that change it will need balances.
    so it should most assuredly be well noted and documented that with those heals should bring on less damage.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »
    It is about time to buff green dragonblood. This heal need to be changed to 33% of max health. It's been stuck in a bad place for far too long. This heal is only good when you are in execute range.

With the changes to unblockable and undodgeable skills, this skill is even worse. Blocking to use green dragon blood at 20% hp? Too bad, here is a poison injection tick for 3.5k. Take this mages fury as well for 7k. Don't worry, here comes subterranian assault for 5k. The reasoning behind green dragon blood cannot be defended anymore. It is abysmal and a waste of magicka.

Lol, just lol haha you aint serious right? Stam dks have amazing healing to a point where you dont even need rally anymore and you can run forward instead. Besides that green db is made for high Hp setups and thus still has its place very much(especially as it can crit too now).
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then they’d have to take away the stam and health recovery to balance it somewhat. What you’re asking for is actually a nerf.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Then they’d have to take away the stam and health recovery to balance it somewhat. What you’re asking for is actually a nerf.

The 20% regen buffs are much easier to acquire these days, so not really.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is dumber than the "nerf werewolf" post I saw the other day.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Green Dragon Blood is very effective on some builds and 33% of max health would be very over-powered. It doesn't need a buff just because it doesn't work so well for your specific build. You can just choose a self-heal that does work with your build.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    Green Dragon Blood is very effective on some builds and 33% of max health would be very over-powered. It doesn't need a buff just because it doesn't work so well for your specific build. You can just choose a self-heal that does work with your build.

I just wish we could get a slightly more subtle set of visuals for it. I keep that active my stam knight most of the time when I'm not chugging potions, and the visuals are... wacky.

33% of missing health is fine, and better than having the ability nerfed to 20% max health or something similar, if this went through.
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    GDB is a good heal. But I hate the pumping heart effect and the way it hides my outfit and turns me into a ugly translucent figure.
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Agreed Munster1404, only bad thing about GDB is the grafix effect :)

@sly007 just make sure I understand you right, you want GDB to be a fixed 33% of max health, Heal?

So at tank build with 60k Health, would have a spamable, insta self heal at 20k,
    +8% for 5 pieces of Heavy armor
    25% for Major Mending,
    10% maybe for Argonian
    10% from CP

Give or take a little you know have a 30k Insta self heal, that could Crit.... a few CP in the right place and you got a 45K heal :)
    And I didn't take a Powered sword or the Ritual as mundus...

I'm glad you thought this throu
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    More of a pve skill.
    I use it only when my health is very low to maximize the heal.
    Please don’t change
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »
    sly007 wrote: »

Lol, just lol haha you aint serious right? Stam dks have amazing healing to a point where you dont even need rally anymore and you can run forward instead. Besides that green db is made for high Hp setups and thus still has its place very much(especially as it can crit too now).

You are about few patches late. If you said this pre-Morrowind, you definitely would have been correct. But not now, post-Morrowind has been a slip and slide to tje pit for StamDKs. StamDKs do not have great heals. Every single aspects of tanking for PvP has been nerfed. Unsure why people still believe StamDK has good heal. Maybe it is because of the Warden/Templar pocket healers or they mistook Stamden as DK.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    NevoX wrote: »
    Agreed Munster1404, only bad thing about GDB is the grafix effect :)

@sly007 just make sure I understand you right, you want GDB to be a fixed 33% of max health, Heal?

So at tank build with 60k Health, would have a spamable, insta self heal at 20k,
    +8% for 5 pieces of Heavy armor
    25% for Major Mending,
    10% maybe for Argonian
    10% from CP

Give or take a little you know have a 30k Insta self heal, that could Crit.... a few CP in the right place and you got a 45K heal :)
    And I didn't take a Powered sword or the Ritual as mundus...

I'm glad you thought this throu

It's a strong heal for high health builds. But having such high health also mean having equally low magicka and stamina.

About the increased healing, that is a part of the Dk kit. Using 8k magicka for 1 heal for 30k outside cyrodiil is fine. Nb have a hot that heals them for 33% of their max hp over 3.5 seconds and also give minor protection.

Stating that the heal can be very strong does not mean that it is not weak in it's current state. It only proves that this heal is only viable for builds of utmost health. Igneous shield's damage shield was nerfed to deter high health tanks from giving their team mate a big damage shield. Only now did dk get major mending for 5.4 seconds back but at the cost of shield strength.

Thus, I have to disagree that the currently state of green dragon blood is fine. It should he a stronger heal that it is now, especially if you are going to spec heavily into health.
    Edited by sly007 on July 17, 2018 1:06AM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to run GDB with forward momentum in PvP in place of shuffle prior to it requiring 5pc medium. It does make a significant difference, but it also requires investment into Health Recovery to fully take advantage of it.

If Elder Dragon gave a flat Health Recovery bonus in addition to what it does now, GDB would actually be useful in PvP. Some have said to take off the Major Fortitude buff and add something else. Replacing that with 300-600 Health Recovery, dependant on any Elder Dragon changes, GDB would be a very strong supplemental heal that could compete with wings slot.

So DKs would have the option of Rally+Wings+Vigor or GDB+FM+Vigor.

Don't know how removing Major Fortitude would affect PvE. If a PvE main would like to chime in feel free.

As a side note:

oohh on the contrary, you see @sly007 is asking for a greater heal on a Tank class here in this thread, and with that change it will need balances.
    so it should most assuredly be well noted and documented that with those heals should bring on less damage.

Didn't you say that a 65k hp tank should still be a threat in a nerf sorc thread?
    Sharee wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Kinda like shields, eh? Except reversed, of course - those are useless in only one situation, OP in all others.

If that kind of design is no issue for you, then please give us similar sets for other classes. That is: sets that completely wreck that class within 10 secs by only spamming light attacks.

You are aware that any competent sorc will kill your light attack spamming behind twice over in the same time period, yes?

"Completely wreck" indeed...

You just don't have any idea what you are talking about.
    You aren't using the most stupid opponent there is someone who should never ever be a threat to an exceptional player yet this set gives everyone, even a 65k health tank the opportunity to apply 3.5k oblivion dps on an enemy that is actively defending himself with the tools his class is build around.

"He should never be a threat". And why, exactly, should he not be a threat?

Gotta love these "rules" players invent for themselves and then get mad when others don't follow them.

well said, all truth.
    that is exactly what is happening here.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Didn't you say that a 65k hp tank should still be a threat in a nerf sorc thread?
    BohnT wrote: »
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Kinda like shields, eh? Except reversed, of course - those are useless in only one situation, OP in all others.

If that kind of design is no issue for you, then please give us similar sets for other classes. That is: sets that completely wreck that class within 10 secs by only spamming light attacks.

You are aware that any competent sorc will kill your light attack spamming behind twice over in the same time period, yes?

"Completely wreck" indeed...

You just don't have any idea what you are talking about.
    You aren't using the most stupid opponent there is someone who should never ever be a threat to an exceptional player yet this set gives everyone, even a 65k health tank the opportunity to apply 3.5k oblivion dps on an enemy that is actively defending himself with the tools his class is build around.

"He should never be a threat". And why, exactly, should he not be a threat?

Gotta love these "rules" players invent for themselves and then get mad when others don't follow them.

well said, all truth.
    that is exactly what is happening here.

He just likes to say things that he doesn't really understand.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on July 17, 2018 4:17AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be op if you do that. 3 clicks to full health... no
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the best self heal out off all tanks.
    I’m for it if:

Sorc clanfear cost drops from 7k to for 4K.

Dark cloak also becomes instant or heals for 40-45% of your max health over the 3 second

Wardens ice self heal also jumps dramatically to some equally strong(its currently garbage) lets all laugh at 12% of max health.
    Edited by Unit117 on July 17, 2018 2:35PM
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    Would be op if you do that. 3 clicks to full health... no

Why isn't that OP? Most burst heals are 2 or 3 clicks to full health as well. I dont see why tanks should not be able to heal themselves. It's like says dps do significantly more damage so their healing should not heal them in 2 clicks.

Tanks with 60k health will not be able to spam this due to resource restraints. Tanks with such high health are not even able to block much either for the same reason. Therefore, I see no issue in buffing green dragon blood. It cost a lot and it is only a self heal.