Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Update 19 - Feedback Thread for Item Sets & General Itemization

• RenagadeZA
    RenagadeZA
    Soul Shriven
    BUG Report: BALORGH

This set seems to have inconsistency in it's damage buff. I've measured it several times in PTS and come up with the following results:

After using Ferocious Leap (125 ultimate x 2= 250 spell power increase), I'd glance at my tooltip to see what damage Ferocious Leap would cause (I know you can't Leap directly after a Leap- so I was using it as a "control" baseline for damage increases). This is with an Oblivion Damage enchant on my weapon (so no spell power enchant proc)

The baseline of my Ferocious Leap (only buffed by Molten Armaments) is: 21020
    After Leaping, I got the following readings (again, only buffed by Molten Armaments)

So, it appears that there's some sort of deviation that the set considers. But I'm not quite sure what it would be.

As a side note: I also discovered that you can get a consistent Leap for 21647 (Slimecraw) or a slightly higher Leap of 21704 (Domihaus- but it's a proc). I'll probably end up sticking with my old friend, Valkyn, though. He's been with me since COA came out. B)

I'd imagine that Balorgh would work best for MagSorcs by using Rune Cage, Meteor, Mage's Fury. (I plan to thoroughly test this out in PVP ;) )

i think that might be because it uses the total ultimate consumed using 500 ult point will give a bigger bonus or in your case 125 130 135 will actualy give you different size damage increase

Edit: It would be nice if they clearify if its ult cost or total ult consumed
    Edited by RenagadeZA on July 10, 2018 6:08AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people.

That makes no sense. If multiple people hitting you with Sloads is killing you, it's doing so because of the "multiple" part, not because of the Sloads part. After all, people don't say, "only one Warden's fetcherfly should be allowed to do damage on me".

No, you're probably not going to survive 5 people hitting you with Sloads. But you probably wouldn't survive 5 DKs all putting their Burning Embers on you either.

The difference is sloads is oblivion damage
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this elsewhere, but I'll add it here as well:

Regarding Sload's Semblance:

If its damage type is to remain Oblivion, it should have both a longer cooldown and a more restrictive trigger condition such as melee or direct damage.

Or perhaps change the proc so that the dot isn't automatically applied. Instead, make the proc launch another telegraphed attack that can be dodged or avoided somehow -- like Velidreth and Selene.

The bottom line is that this set just gives too much power to players only light attacking with ranged weapons from a crowd.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Savos_Saren - I'm told it's not how much ultimate your ability costs, rather how much you actually have stored.

inb4 500 ultimate soulassaults :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    @Savos_Saren - I'm told it's not how much ultimate your ability costs, rather how much you actually have stored.

I'm curious more of how Overload works... If it applies on activation it very deadly, if it applies when spent fully then not so much.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Sload's Semblance.

I don't like the changes made. Fixing bugs is good (although the "bug" about cloak seemed to me an interesting feature of the set), nerfing tooltip is OK. But I don't think it will lead to a drop in the popularity of this set. Those who wore it will continue to wear it.

As it seems to me, the biggest problem in it is versatility.
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    You see, with such stats nothing prevents me from using Sload from the backbar and have really good stats on the mainbar.

Therefore, I would partially roll back the changes and simply change the stats to much less attractive (like healing taken, critical chances, etc). Thus, the disadvantage of this set will be very weak stats in comparison with many other sets. But at the same time we will retain the main feature of the set.

Otherwise, the community will complain until Sload has some ridiculous amount of damage :/
    Everything is viable
    Options
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back mudballs!
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I'm curious more of how Overload works... If it applies on activation it very deadly, if it applies when spent fully then not so much.

pretty confident if it works like other such mechanics (healsets) it won´t interact with overload at all.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've tested this set, and what you've heard is incorrect.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll echo others and say that a Mounted Speed increase on Apedt Rider would be a welcome change. (Maybe put it on the 2-piece bonus, and condense the resistances into the 3-piece)

The Vykosa set also appears to not have any sort of accompanying howl sound effect with the effect occurring. Thematically I think it could really make the set feel better if a howl was added upon application.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

I bet you didn't test it.
    Test object: Sorc, no cp allocated, 64 Points magicka, no passives 2pc light Balorgh, used skill mage's wrath and storm atronach, no weapon equipped

No ult used: 437 Damage with MW
    202 ult used: ~542 Damage with MW (varies due to the bug described below)
    500 ult used: 584 Damage with MW (varies due to the bug described below)
    202 ult used afer using 500 ult: 697 with MW (doesn't vary as the game Always adds 500-200)

What does this mean?
    The set is bugged as it Counts additionally used ult for the next cast of the ultimate and not the cast that used it up.

@Derra yes the ult isn't working with overload

@ZOS_GinaBruno you might want to look at this
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who wishes theyd cut back on releasing new sets? They struggle to find something different and then its either not worth changing your current gear out for, or completely OP.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Am I the only one who wishes theyd cut back on releasing new sets? They struggle to find something different and then its either not worth changing your current gear out for, or completely OP.

Always happy to see new sets but they need to be competitive with others not like sets with 5th piece bonus grants : Restructuring an ally player will Grant Major Heroism for x seconds :disappointed:
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 10, 2018 4:03PM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

And you would be wrong. At least you're consistent.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well i provide data, you seem to fail at doing so...
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong again. I provided my data in a thread that inquired about this 2-piece specifically, but I'll write a synopsis here.

I tested this set on a target dummy and the ult I tested it with was Incap. Regardless of the amount of ult I had when I used Incap the follow-up damage remained the same with a deviation of 200 points. The deviation was independent of the amount of ult I had at the time of its activation. It appeared to be random.

I tested this set when I had 70 ult, 100 ult, 200 ult, and 500 ult. The follow-up damage remained consistent +/- 200 points.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wrong again. I provided my data in a thread that inquired about this 2-piece specifically, but I'll write a synopsis here.

I tested this set on a target dummy and the ult I tested it with was Incap. Regardless of the amount of ult I had when I used Incap the follow-up damage remained the same with a deviation of 200 points. The deviation was independent of the amount of ult I had at the time of its activation. It appeared to be random.

I tested this set when I had 70 ult, 100 ult, 200 ult, and 500 ult. The follow-up damage remained consistent +/- 200 points.

You tested it and you weren't able to track down the bug that's just sad i don't even want to go further with you it's not fair making fun of handicapped people
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division , @Daus , @BohnT

Gentlemen- I've tested this set further and it doesn't do more damage based off of excess, stored ultimate. Here's my results:

I've been testing it out on PTS. It's an "Okay" set. It doesn't go off of your maxed out Ultimate, though... only the amount "consumed" by the ultimate (ie: Ferocious Leap only gets 125x2=250spell damage even if I don't leap until it reaches 500 ultimate saved... so, no, definitely not 1000 spell damage!)

I just tested it out on a controlled target dummy (3mil health):

Ferocious Leap (buffed with Molten Armaments) tooltip damage: 21020

Non-Crit Leaps at ~125 ultimate:

Critical Leaps at ~125 ultimate:

Non-Crit Leaps at 500 ultimate:

Critical Leaps at 500 ultimate:

I apologize for not having more numbers from 500 ultimate- but it's incredibly boring to wait to build up to the max! The fact that my leap was still the same damage at 125 ultimate and 500 ultimate proves that it's not based on the amount stored. It is disconcerning, though, that the leaps vary as widely as they do. It's an extensive gap between 18435 and 20686 @ 500 ultimate. So, it theoretically could be bugged to be multiplicative *sometimes*… but it's not consistent. I did notice that, while wearing the set, my damage would change if I teleported between zones. :/

As I said in my other post in the PTS: if you want guaranteed damage- I'd still recommend Slimecraw, 1pc Kena+Domihaus, 1pc Kena + 1pc Balrogh, or even 2pc Domihaus (it procs quite often).

Hope this helps!
    Edited by Savos_Saren on July 10, 2018 3:34PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gentlemen- I've tested this set further and it doesn't do more damage based off of excess, stored ultimate. Here's my results:

I've been testing it out on PTS. It's an "Okay" set. It doesn't go off of your maxed out Ultimate, though... only the amount "consumed" by the ultimate (ie: Ferocious Leap only gets 125x2=250spell damage even if I don't leap until it reaches 500 ultimate saved... so, no, definitely not 1000 spell damage!)

I apologize for not having more numbers from 500 ultimate- but it's incredibly boring to wait to build up to the max! The fact that my leap was still the same damage at 125 ultimate and 500 ultimate proves that it's not based on the amount stored.

As I said in my other post in the PTS: if you want guaranteed damage- I'd still recommend Slimecraw, 1pc Kena+Domihaus, 1pc Kena + 1pc Balrogh, or even 2pc Domihaus (it procs quite often).

Hope this helps!

As i posted above it depends on the ultimate drained from your last used ultimate.
    That's why my damage for every usage after using 500 ult have been the same while when i used atronach after using 201-205 ult the damage varied even when having 500 utl at the time using the current ult.

Edited by BohnT on July 11, 2018 12:59PM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    They need to make it so that it cannot stack from multiple people.

That makes no sense. If multiple people hitting you with Sloads is killing you, it's doing so because of the "multiple" part, not because of the Sloads part. After all, people don't say, "only one Warden's fetcherfly should be allowed to do damage on me".

No, you're probably not going to survive 5 people hitting you with Sloads. But you probably wouldn't survive 5 DKs all putting their Burning Embers on you either.

Amen!
    that is exactly what i have been trying to say now for a very long time!
    Well Said!

these guys want everything and anything nerfed that stops them from killing Groups of people.

no one should be that powerfull.
    you should be able to win against 1 person Maybe 2, but to fight 3 or more people is rediculas!
    thats over powered build and should not be able to happen.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I apologize for not having more numbers from 500 ultimate- but it's incredibly boring to wait to build up to the max! The fact that my leap was still the same damage at 125 ultimate and 500 ultimate proves that it's not based on the amount stored. It is disconcerning, though, that the leaps vary as widely as they do. It's an extensive gap between 18435 and 20686 @ 500 ultimate. So, it theoretically could be bugged to be multiplicative *sometimes*… but it's not consistent. I did notice that, while wearing the set, my damage would change if I teleported between zones. :/

Hope this helps!

Looks like you're getting similar results as myself.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balorgh Monster Set

This set is giving a way more spell/weapon damage in some cases. Suggestion is to change 1 piece bonus to Magicka and Stamina recovery
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno As promised, my comments from the PvP-only perspective.

Moon Hunter (Light)
    2: Spell Damage
    3: Spell Damage
    4: Spell Critical
    5: When your alchemical poison fires, increase your Spell Damage by 600 for 6 seconds.

This is interesting, and some testing needs to be done to confirm uptime. Could be an interesting bomber option in some circumstances. Needs more testing.

Savage Werewolf (Medium)
    2: Max Stamina
    3: Weapon Damage
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: Your Light and Heavy Attacks rend flesh, causing your enemy to bleed for 1000 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

The amount of damage on the 5-set makes it less than Viper (6400 Poison damage over 4 seconds), though the 2/3/4 set bonuses are more well rounded. This leads to yet one more debuff/bleed that can be applied to players, and makes me think that you REALLY need to rework Purge and Templar Ritual to make them more effective / hit more players / take off more debuffs at a time.

Jailer’s Tenacity (Heavy)
    2: Healing Taken
    3: Max Health
    4: Healing Taken
    5: When you lose 25% or more of your Health from a single attack, you gain Major Vitality for 6 seconds, increasing your healing received by 30%.

Useless in PvP to 99% of players. There are much better options for combos.

Vykosa (Monster Mask)
    1: Healing Taken
    2: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Useless in PvP, though there may be some niche players using undaunted taunt to troll others.

March of Sacrifices
    Hanu’s Compassion (Light)
    2: Magicka Recovery
    3: Max Magicka
    4: Magicka Recovery
    5: Max Magicka
    5: When you resurrect another player while in combat, you and the player gain Major Heroism for 15 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.

Nobody is going to run this for the 5-set resurrection bonus. There are so much better options. The other bonuses are really nice for mag players / healers. Add Minor Protection at all times, and Major Protection while resurrecting and for 15 seconds after - and this will be really nice for a recovery role. Think about Karnac's - it has the spell damage 5-set bonus AND a resurrection bonus there too. This needs to match with two things on the 5-set as the resurrection bonus won't apply often enough for most people to think this is useful.

Blood Moon (Medium)
    2: Weapon Damage
    3: Weapon Critical
    4: Weapon Critical
    5: When you deal Critical Damage with a melee Light Attack, you gain a stack of Blood Scent for 8 seconds. When you gain 5 stacks, you become Frenzied for 5 seconds, increasing your melee Light Attack damage by 50% and attack speed by 50%. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.

I don't play melee stamina roles, but this seems rather meh. Light attack spamming isn't a thing.

Haven of Ursus (Heavy)
    2: Max Health
    3: Healing Taken
    4: Max Health
    5: When you take damage while you are under 50% Health, summon Ursus’s spirit for 6 seconds. You or an ally can activate a synergy on Ursus to grant you a shield that protects you and the activator from 13954 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

Interesting idea, but won't be used in PvP.

Balorgh (Monster Mask)
    1: Weapon Damage
    1: Spell Damage
    2: When you use an Ultimate ability, you gain Weapon and Spell Damage for 10 seconds equal to twice the amount of total Ultimate consumed.

This is frikkin awesome IF it works based on the total ultimate that you have (even if the cost is 125, if you save up to 500 you get 1k spell damage).

Cyrodiil's Crest
    OLD:
    4: Healing Taken
    5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Minor Defile to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their healing received by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    NEW:
    2: Stamina Recovery
    5: After successfully blocking, heal for 8000 Health. This effect can occur every 5 seconds.

I don't dislike this, but don't love the two max health bonuses. One should probably be max stam - as we're talking about a blocking set.

Ward of Cyrodiil: Redesigned this item set.
    OLD:
    2: Stamina Recovery
    3: Mounted Speed
    5: Increase the amount of damage you block by 8%.
    NEW:
    3: Stamina Recovery
    4: Stamina Recovery
    5: When you deal melee damage, you apply Major Defile to the enemy for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 30%. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

Whoever decided that the Mounted Speed 3-set bonus should be removed needs to get smacked upside the head. Repeatedly. Until they're unconscious. Then for a few minutes longer so that they never make another ESO decision again. Ever.

I hope that gives you an indication of how we feel about that change.

Regarding the 5-set, think about how this set should be positioned in lore.. You're a ward. You should be moving around helping to defend Cyrodiil. This should be usable by any player, and should give non-combat SIGNIFICANT bonuses to the player. Get where you need to go, help defend, move on, and QUICKLY.

What I'd like to see out of this set is something non-specifically-combat-related, but an overall help for any class..
    Crown's Ward:
    2: Stamina Recovery (to support better movement / regen for sprinting or rolling)
    3: Mounted Speed (to support getting where you, as a ward, need to be)
    4: Minor Protection (to help you survive in situations where you, as a ward, will need to be)
    5: Reduces the cost of all of your abilities by 5% (to help you get more done). Note that this is less than altration mastery due to the 4-set bonus being slightly more powerful than most 4-set bonuses.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
    Options
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vykosa proc should be more conditional imo. I don’t think anybody is looking to occasionally apply major maim to an enemy’s 3k light attacks. They want to apply it before the enemy winds up that big 30k heavy attack. A tank should apply a taunt about every 15 seconds at least, meaning with the current design that the tank is forced to use up the proc close to on CD. At best, a tank can only control the proc within about a 14 second window that needs to be planned 15 seconds in advance if they’re keeping taunt on the enemy (taunt > proc goes on CD > wait until the very end of the CD > taunt again > Proc is now available and enemy is taunted for 14 seconds still. Proc is wasted again if enemy doesn’t do anything threatening in those 14 seconds or if another enemy needs to be taunted in that time).

I think ideally people would like to be able to save the proc to apply it when needed before it goes on CD. Changing the condition to something like “taunting an enemy within 5 seconds of completing a fully charged heavy attack on that same enemy” would make it more appealing. This way I can taunt, heavy attack, and then wait at least 5 seconds before reapplying taunt, thereby saving the proc for when I want to use it instead of having to apply it every 15 seconds or risk losing aggro.

(Perhaps not ideal conditions for those enemies that wind up big attacks quicker than you can heavy attack, but it’s an idea.)

Also I agree that the 1 pc is underwhelming, especially with the current 2 pc bonus. If the 2 pc was stronger, I could see giving it a less useful 1 pc to balance it out. As it stands, and even with a more controlled proc, I’d much rather see spell and phys resist or max health as a 1 pc. If it did something like cap each incoming attack at 3% of your max health for 3 seconds when you taunt an enemy with a CD of 15 seconds, then I could see a healing taken 1 pc being fair.
    Options
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since there is no general feedback thread - and writs are an item too:
    Dramatically improved the value of Artifact-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, and significantly increased the value of Legendary-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, in terms of their Writ Voucher payouts.
    • All Jewelry Crafting Writs received in the future will see this increased Voucher value; this change will not impact any Jewelry Crafting Master Writs already present in game.

So what the heck am I supposed to do with the jewelry writs I already got? Like this, all I can do is delete them... and get very annoyed if I get more in the meantime (like a 113 one today)...

You really should upgrade all existing ones too. Even if you increase the vouchers you think people will go around before, buying up those writs to do them? The upgrade mats are far to rare for that. And people with tons of gold have easier ways to get vouchers.

Not allowing the decon of old jewelry is something I can understand, but the for the existing jewelry crafting writs there's no reason not to.
    Options
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main reason you see 3+ different Sloads in your death recap so often is, there are very few classes/builds that it doesn't preform well on currently. 15% less damage isn't going to stop anyone from using it as long as the 2-4pc bonus's remain so appealing to everyone, and having it proc on any kind of damage (siege included) just exacerbates the problem. My proposal is to change one of the set bonus's to something like max health or health recovery, and add a condition for it to proc i.e. "has a 10% chance to proc off direct damage" or "has a 10% chance to proc off melee attacks". Changes like this would help to reduce the number of Sloads procs on you at once just by reducing the sheer number of people running around with Sloads on.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hope this helps!

On top of the claims that @BohnT made, can you test with an ultimate with a damage overtime component? Since said ultimates update after each damage tick based on your stats at each interval. Its possible, since take flight is a single attack, despite having a flight time / delay, that the tool tip snap shots your stat values when used, thus not getting boosted by balorgh.

You listed a tool tip of 21020 which is not a a value effected by balorghs proc, yet the crit and non crit results you listed were hardly significant deviations from the base tool tip. Id imagine that at 250 wd / sd, you would see a slightly larger increase in the damage that was listed.

I thinks its best to test this with skills rather than ultimates to see the changes in damage values.
    Options
  • MaitieS
    MaitieS
    Soul Shriven
    Hello.

I was testing on PTS Relequen's Set for Redguard Stamina Nightblade with CPs on 780 and Relequen's damage bonus per stack is 200 Physical damage per stack. On LIVE client (on my Redguard Stamina Nightblade - CP 490 and it says 378 Physical damage per stack.

I looked on patch notes and I didn't see any changes for Relequen's set. Was that intended or just bug?

Thanks for reply.
    Options
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where else to put this feedback but I guess since fish are technically items:
    I really like the change to add more Foul Water to Summerset, is there any way we could do the same with Ocean Water in Cyrodiil? It's an extremely limited amount of holes, deep in AD territory, and half the fishing spots are very difficult to get to without getting ganked by slaughterfish.
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we will get an improvement for an old werewolf set?

Salvation:
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Reduces the cost of your Werewolf Transformation ability by 33%. While in Werewolf form, your Weapon Damage is increased by 150.

The last bonus should have a way higher weapon damage bonus to be attractive(~300) or an additional stam bonus while in werewolf.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options