The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

My theory on keep recall stones

• Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Arobain wrote: »
    So any open world fight (e.g. in between keeps) will result in rez at home gate wayshrine? No thanks.

who said that? not I

Yes, you did:
    they are going to heavily limit blood porting to a certain radius around a keep; where to scan only port to a keep you're in the radius of if you die

i never stated anywhere in that they would be ported to the home gate shrine LOL

Really? You say you can only rez if within limited range. So where else do you respawn? You can't be that ignorant of consequences.

Now now now I didn't say it so don't assume :)
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    They will most like work like a blood port but cost you 10k-20k AP. That makes the most sense, and it's not really game breaking as you could still die and get the same effect for free. It's more immersive than you dying to get a port to a keep that's been cut off but not burst, as well as combat the counterintuitive strategy of leaving a home resource uncapped.

If blood porting is left the same and recall stones are the way you say; they will never get used; like ever; it's gonna be something different or something is changing to fit em
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They will most like work like a blood port but cost you 10k-20k AP. That makes the most sense, and it's not really game breaking as you could still die and get the same effect for free. It's more immersive than you dying to get a port to a keep that's been cut off but not burst, as well as combat the counterintuitive strategy of leaving a home resource uncapped.

If blood porting is left the same and recall stones are the way you say; they will never get used; like ever; it's gonna be something different or something is changing to fit em

As someone who spends 146 gold to directly port somewhere, when a free guild port would mean two load screens, you underestimate the convenience factor. Especially true if you're nearest blood port is a horse ride away. I can see small or guild groups using these to get back into the action after grabbing a delve boss AP boost, or to jump around to defend a keep. Adds to the dynamic of the need for scouts left in keeps vs false sieges to bait groups off the front line.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A keep recall stone will be a named stone for each keep bought for 20k ap. If the keep is not flagged you can use the specific stone and port to the keep when transit is unavailable. If the keep is not owned by your alliance you won't be able to port. The purpose of the stone is to take up inventory space so you will have to buy more space. Good news is they will stack though. You buy specific stones at each keep. The down side to this is at some point someone will figure out how to exploit them so they can port directly into a keep they are not supposed to; as if all the other glitches for getting inside a keep weren't enough....

Just another effort by ZOS to force resource farming and yet allow players to get inside a keep.

Wonderful feature cant wait till it hits the crown store as a purchasable item.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    A keep recall stone will be a named stone for each keep bought for 20k ap. If the keep is not flagged you can use the specific stone and port to the keep when transit is unavailable. If the keep is not owned by your alliance you won't be able to port. The purpose of the stone is to take up inventory space so you will have to buy more space. Good news is they will stack though. You buy specific stones at each keep. The down side to this is at some point someone will figure out how to exploit them so they can port directly into a keep they are not supposed to; as if all the other glitches for getting inside a keep weren't enough....

Just another effort by ZOS to force resource farming and yet allow players to get inside a keep.

Wonderful feature cant wait till it hits the crown store as a purchasable item.

Do you just automatically assume st every potential update that ZOS is scum of the earth; I have seen Ike 4 previous updates where idjits were like " Hur Hur Hur can't wait for it to be on crown store for insane prices " and they weren't out in the crown store at all; if you have such a negative Hatred for ZOS then why not leave? ZOS is not evil they're a business and they're damn better than a lot out there; so stop whining like a baby my goodness it's not going be put on the crown's store just like all the previous stuff people complained about
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭

As someone who spends 146 gold to directly port somewhere, when a free guild port would mean two load screens, you underestimate the convenience factor. Especially true if you're nearest blood port is a horse ride away. I can see small or guild groups using these to get back into the action after grabbing a delve boss AP boost, or to jump around to defend a keep. Adds to the dynamic of the need for scouts left in keeps vs false sieges to bait groups off the front line.

I wouldn't spend 10k or 20k for a recall stone when I could just rid a little and blood Port; I don't think very many others will at all
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    I agree something is going to have to change or this will be really op. I just imagining ep zerg in vivec on Xbox na just porting at will to defend keeps...*shudders. I think this will heavily favor the larger alliances and completely decimate the smaller ones.

Something is going to have to change? I don't think ZOS has explained what they do yet...?

My guess is they'll be something to allow players to port to keeps and outposts controlled by their faction. Perhaps even when flagged. Maybe it's a solution to pvdoor.

If they work like retreat sigil in imp city they will. While I agree we don't know how they work, I do know Zos and how they like to copy and paste stuff and call it new.

have a little more faith in ole zos friend

I loled at ^^. Thks
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    I agree something is going to have to change or this will be really op. I just imagining ep zerg in vivec on Xbox na just porting at will to defend keeps...*shudders. I think this will heavily favor the larger alliances and completely decimate the smaller ones.

Something is going to have to change? I don't think ZOS has explained what they do yet...?

My guess is they'll be something to allow players to port to keeps and outposts controlled by their faction. Perhaps even when flagged. Maybe it's a solution to pvdoor.

If they work like retreat sigil in imp city they will. While I agree we don't know how they work, I do know Zos and how they like to copy and paste stuff and call it new.

I loled at ^^. Thks

You're welcome!
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »

I loled at ^^. Thks

Name me some better MMO companies of this day and age and explain how each is better
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Recall Stones
    We’ve added a new method of navigating Cyrodiil! Keep Recall Stones are new items you use from your inventory or quickslot wheel to recall to a Keep or Outpost. These can be purchased for 20,000 AP or earned from Rewards of the Worthy. There are several restrictions in place to use these items:

You cannot recall to a structure that is under attack (shown on the UI as a starburst icon).
    You cannot recall to a structure while standing inside the region of a Keep, Resource, Outpost or Town.
    You cannot use a Recall Stone while actively in combat.
    Recall Stones can be used while in Caves of Cyrodiil, but not in the Imperial City.
    Recall Stones are account bound, so they can be banked but not traded to other players.
    You cannot use a Recall Stone while carrying an Elder Scroll.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I take it to mean something along the lines of...

Say a player is on the opposite side of the map collecting skyshards or something, they would be able to, as long as they are not in combat, use a stone to recall to one of there owned keeps as long as it is not flagged. Eliminating the need to go jump in a river or find some npc's to blood port.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Recall Stones
    We’ve added a new method of navigating Cyrodiil! Keep Recall Stones are new items you use from your inventory or quickslot wheel to recall to a Keep or Outpost. These can be purchased for 20,000 AP or earned from Rewards of the Worthy. There are several restrictions in place to use these items:
    • You cannot recall to a structure that is under attack (shown on the UI as a starburst icon).
    • You cannot recall to a structure while standing inside the region of a Keep, Resource, Outpost or Town.
    • You cannot use a Recall Stone while actively in combat.
    • Recall Stones can be used while in Caves of Cyrodiil, but not in the Imperial City.
    • Recall Stones are account bound, so they can be banked but not traded to other players.
    • You cannot use a Recall Stone while carrying an Elder Scroll.

It does seem the concern was a lot to do with nothing since their use is limited.

As stated before, Zos did not like how forward camps were used for blood porting and removed them until the came up with a more limited design we have now. It seemed very unlikely Zos would have brought back what they did not like.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Enjoy having so many enemy stacked on a keep that the lag let’s you get in an ability maybe once every eights seconds.
    Edited by Minalan on July 10, 2018 4:56AM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Seriously?

https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Enjoy having so many enemy stacked on a keep that the lag let’s you get in an ability maybe once every eights seconds.

I don't lag during keep fights actually; lowest I've ever done with my new machine is like 25 frames; I'm usually at around 60 fps in most fights
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these stones have the potential to reduce the frequency of Pvdoor, so I'm looking forward to them.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They basically replace blood porting. No different to using spell sym and jumping off a cliff to port back to the gate, except you can get to keeps that have lost all their resources which you wouldn't normally be able to transit to.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They basically replace blood porting. No different to using spell sym and jumping off a cliff to port back to the gate, except you can get to keeps that have lost all their resources which you wouldn't normally be able to transit to.

There's that, but also sometimes there's not much time between the call out that a keep is under attack and when it's flagged, so these stones would also allow for faster, more consistent responses.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it means less time on mounts then I'm all for it.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait next PTS Patches. Death Port will not more possible and you will get additional Crown Store Portal Stones. o:)
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade