The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Keep Recall Stones

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before

So will these let us travel to a spot on the map or will they work like the retreat stones in IC and just port as back to homebase or a keep ( if its not UA, of course )

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26439
Edited by JamieAubrey on July 5, 2018 7:44PM
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Recall Stones

probably just as it sounds a stone with the keeps name lets you port there even if under attack/has the resources gone

I would like to see them be able to port to the area with the shrine to get out of pvp i have been stuck in some keeps for 30min+ waiting to just get the hell out of pvp since all the lines are broken and i am way to deep into the area especially on alts with slow mounts
    granted i could prob buy the keep stone that is closest tho that could work to

Edited by Valkysas154 on July 5, 2018 8:28PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this stone will let us travel to the keep without having to use transitus shrine. Like the retreat sigil in IC.
    This will be very nice for moments like "the keep is ua, port fast!" - cause if you're not chilling at the transitus shrine at this moment, chances are that you won't have time to port.

I don't know how I feel about such stones... They are nice if I would need to use them, but bad if enemy will use them :D I just hope this stone won't let us travel to the keep which has transitus line broken or which is flagged as UA :o This would have too great impact.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see them be able to port to the area with the shrine to get out of pvp i have been stuck in some keeps for 30min+ waiting to just get the hell out of pvp since all the lines are broken and i am way to deep into the area especially on alts with slow mounts
    From anywhere in Cyrodiil, if you're in a Home campaign, enter your Guest campaign. If in Guest, enter your Home campaign. In both cases, you'll be transported to the main gate of the new campaign, where you can hop on a wayshrine and get the ___ out of Dodge :smile:

PS4NA
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its more about not having to bloodport to a keep in your alliance's control.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I think this stone will let us travel to the keep without having to use transitus shrine. Like the retreat sigil in IC.
    This will be very nice for moments like "the keep is ua, port fast!" - cause if you're not chilling at the transitus shrine at this moment, chances are that you won't have time to port.

I don't know how I feel about such stones... They are nice if I would need to use them, but bad if enemy will use them :D I just hope this stone won't let us travel to the keep which has transitus line broken or which is flagged as UA :o This would have too great impact.

If stone won't let travel to keep which has line broken it has no use and purely will be a waste!
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got so confused when I saw the title. I was thinking I hadn't found any recall stones so couldn't keep them :s
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, instead of fixing broken stuff related to nightcapping the holy S out campaigns, broken scores where such methods are worth 20x more tha effort of 95% players and similar, they give zergs yet another bs advantage - instant port to a keep someone tried to backdoor to relieve pressure from main frontlines. I am not sure who is such a brilliant mind but the level of bs they came up with is astonishing.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i am not a fan of this idea... how ever it plays out i dont sea it being a good addition with how response time is sch a big factor in taking/ defending keeps....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the change to the keep lvl system and trying to make resources a priority this way are a bad or at best ineffective idea too
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can bet your boots that just like pretty much every cool new thing added to the game in the last couple of years, these stones will be gated behind massive grind/try hard/crown walls of inaccessibility :/
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    You can bet your boots that just like pretty much every cool new thing added to the game in the last couple of years, these stones will be gated behind massive grind/try hard/crown walls of inaccessibility :/

Who even cares tbh. I can’t really imagine ever needing them. Definitely not going to bother grinding for them outside of anything I do already. Unless ZOS decides to include some sort of bonus to using them which I hope they don’t, but wouldn’t put it past them.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm quite sure that what we're going to get is from each keep a different stone and eaxh will port us to that specific keep. If we're lucky, they will not allow porting to a flagged keep or a cut keep. If not we're back to the good old bloodport, only you don't have to die for it.

Also, these won't be bankable, cost 10k AP each, be a unique item (only one of each) and will clog up our inventory. Also, no one will ever have the right stone in his pocket. Ever. Because we forgot to purchase one.

This will be super. You know, this thing with having 18 different stones. Or 21 if outposts also get one. Or 75, if resources also get them. Or even 78. Capturable cities.

Sorry. Just a bit jaded what with the success of the recent QoL changes.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before"

I guess they forgot about the abuse when you used to be able to port to any forward camp on the map.
    Crown - Everybody make sure they have siege and their transport stones.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 5, 2018 11:11PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before"

I guess they forgot about the abuse when you used to be able to port to any forward camp on the map.
    Crown - Everybody make sure they have siege and their transport stones.

They didn’t forget. And I really hope it doesn’t let you go to cut off keeps or flagged keeps. That would remove an entire aspect of PvP. All I foresee is a bunch of half thought out changes that require months of forum posts to correct.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be horrible, but my first thought when I read about this was that they would allow a group to port into a previously captured keep that was currently under enemy control.

i.e. AD captured BRK earlier and earned some stones, but EP just got it back and <POP> 24 AD just appeared at the transit.

<shudder>
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep Recall Stones

probably just as it sounds a stone with the keeps name lets you port there even if under attack/has the resources gone

Use /stuck or que up for a different campaign and then just leave from there
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now if they add a stone for every keep... QoL update? How about you guys take care of our inventories? Especially with all the unstackable Alliance war machinery.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Recall Stones

Just logging out will kick you from cyrodil.
    Dying also let you port to home bases or connected keeps.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    No panic!! The only thing the stones will do, is recall in a endless loading screen. By the time you restart your game the battle is over and you will permafreeze.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the hell then why have keeps cut of then just them open this makes no bloody sennse, you cut of keeps so no on can res there, what thehell is going on with zos cc con trols everywhere ruining pvp now this and top of this certain peeps will find expolits to get in to keeps
    Edited by alainjbrennanb16_ESO on July 6, 2018 5:09PM
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike