The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would you kill a AFK person?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, no matter the PVP mode
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    coop500 wrote: »
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    I don’t pvp, but that’s just easy money right there.

That's the real reason XD at least someone is honest~

I’m horrible at pvp, it’s pretty much the only way I can win lol.

i have never seen anyone that was "horrible" in pvp.
    i have seen what people call "bad players" win, and i have seen what people call "good players" show to not be as good as they think they are.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 30, 2018 6:42AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the bot count as an AFK person in BGs?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spare lowbies in Cyrodiil at towns
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Spare lowbies in Cyrodiil at towns

KILL ALL SPARE NONE

I dont care if you are a lvl 10 if you have a red bar abpve your head YOU WILL be killed
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free AP? Yes, please.

Errbody who said "no" is a liar.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if I didn't realize it until it was too late
    I mean, during a siege it's kind of unavoidable, and once the keep falls, the guards will get them anyway, but out in the world? Nah, no point. I tend to ignore people who don't engage me.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in a pv door focused campaign, so this won't come up.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. I get AP. Possibly even progress on a quest. They are the enemy.

They just have to ride a horse if they want to go back to where they were.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you know some is AFK or just in chat.
    Granted I would probably ignore as I suck in PvP and its decent chance he might still kill me even if I started from sneak.

However remember one time I wanted to get killed so I could spawn at zerg. LA an enemy player, he responded but so badly I forgot I wanted to get killed and muscle memory took over and I burned him, felt pretty stupid :)

Another weird one was then getting into an duel by mistake from both of us, was in an orc stronghold during an event.
    He LA me I dropped AoE on him and he did not move out. Pretty surreal.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just spam bash to deth if nobody disturb me :trollface:
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i realize it in time, i'll back off.

unless it's someone i truly despise, ofc. :smiley:
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    Probably only if it's my friend. I don't really enjoy pvp except as a healer though so it's rare for me to attack people in the first place.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't open yourself up to danger, then walk away. My first MMO was vanilla WoW, and I was on a PvP server. We killed almost everyone we came across. There were a few, very fun, times where i would come across some alliance player trying to kill an elite, which used to be difficult, that I would actually help. Of course, sometimes they would attack me after killing the elite, so they would take a 2h windfury to the face.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends... it it's inside a keep that we're taking, then yeah... it's kind of needed by the game mechanics, or else he may be back and start siegeing from inside[1]

If it's on the open world, I just ignore him, and go on with whatever it is I'm doing.

I don't do BG, nor I go to the IC since a LONG time.

[1] Not sure if the game would move AFK people to their gates... it used not to be the case, but then, sometimes it has happened to me when I DCed inside a keep that's being taken I was reconnected while at my gates. So, IDK.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see it as killing.
    I mean, you go AFK in the middle of a PvP zone, what you're doing is committing suicide.
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    Kill and teabag.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I would probably somehow still lose the fight
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    It's wrong to kill a person whether they happen to be at their keyboard or not.

Playing an afk character is different. If they were by a delve or a capturable town I'd leave them alone, but not if they were by a keep or resource or the like.

During beta I roamed around (in stealth, like a ***) all over Cyrodiil and made it all the way across to near another alliance's gates when I finally came across someone else in stealth in the middle of nowhere, close enough to pop them out of stealth. I freaked out and immediately attacked, really startled as I'd been completely alone for hours.

Once they died I belatedly realized they hadn't moved and were afk. I still feel embarrassed and a little guilty about that to this day. I'm sure they were completely baffled when they returned to their keyboard. Aside from being in stealth they were nowhere near anything, stealthed, in the middle of some rocks, really well hidden. Pure random chance.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This poll got more votes than I expected and what do you know~ No people saying 'why is this poll a thing? I hate polls but click on them anyway to complain!'
    I find that a win.
    Edited by coop500 on June 30, 2018 3:28AM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No fun killing people who can't defend themselves. I don't necessarily think it's wrong. Just bland.
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    Do it all the time, usually because they went afk in a keep or outpost we are capping. Sometimes I come across someone in the open world clearly afk, I kill then every time. I frequently come back from afk to find I’ve been killed, I expect It.

I’ve never seen anyone afk in BG, but I would kill them.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's PvP...if you don't wanna die, it's not the right place for you
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn right free AP lmao
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you? Go AFK in a safe zone where you can't be killed, otherwise it's fair game.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go afk where you can get killed.......
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can never be sure someone is AFK or feigning it. Why take the risk?
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Panzyfaust
    Panzyfaust
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    If they're just kinda hanging out in the open or somewhere obvious: probably yeah. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If I can see they've made an effort to get themselves hidden and out of the way: maybe, unless it's pretty clear they're doing PvE content and just had to step away.
    Edited by Panzyfaust on June 30, 2018 6:03AM
    May the ground you walk quake as you pass.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    I would kill the character, yes. I wouldn't kill the person!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    Most of the time, an afk person is a potential threat (for example, can suddenly come back and drop a camp, rezzing the whole enemy raid), so i generally kill every target, afk or not.

However, there are a few exceptions - a lone low CP yellow char afk at bruma when the whole map is blue and his closest keep is bloodmaine, for example.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specifiy)
    I'm a healer so my only chance to kill another player is to seek out the AFK.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."