The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVP has never been more unbalanced, more broken

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they disable all items sets they better give us some sustain back!
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you really think that this was the worst balance? oh sweet sweet summerchild

This game has a big history of utterly broken game mechanics:
    • camo hunter
    • cost increase poisons
    • nirn stacking
    • mace pen bugged
    • proc meta with crit and without being able to crit
    • meteor = 60k fall damage
    • trap instant killing ppl
    I could go on but i think that were enough points to prove that the "balance" team always did screw up and always will. Sloads is in comparison not that bad but if you hope for some really okish balance you will never get it with the same dev team that already screwed so many things up
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/DoS8yDPY4_0

Fought a sorc last night, level 41.
    He was just standing out in the open, no line of sight or anything. I don't think his health dropped below 50%.
    Even a low level 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

This is my first attempt at magicka sorc, and I have no idea what I'm doing, (Obviously from the video) and I had a great day until this sorc came along. But keep in mind, I AM PLAYING A SORC In this video, and even I'm saying this is ridiculous.

Bonus: Why is there always one player on your faction who does nothing to contribute to the fight, find it necessary to t-bag his own faction? Players are weird....

You could have killed him quite easily if you were all wearing Sloads

buff Sorc, nerf Sloads
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venom4You wrote: »

He was just standing out in the open, no line of sight or anything. I don't think his health dropped below 50%.
    Even a low level cp 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

This is my first attempt at magicka sorc, and I have no idea what I'm doing, (Obviously from the video) and I had a great day until this sorc came along. But keep in mind, I AM PLAYING A SORC In this video, and even I'm saying this is ridiculous.

Bonus: Why is there always one player on your faction who does nothing to contribute to the fight, find it necessary to t-bag his own faction? Players are weird....

Mystery solving, part one:
    Your lvl 41 sorc is clearly not a lvl 41 player. Pretty sure he has maxed out cps and crafted gear for this sorc. Although you cannot see them, the cps count - giving him the same amount of cp-based magicka, sustain and damage as a cp750 player. Due to the fact that he's lvl 41, he is getting a level-up ON TOP, so actually this character is stronger than at cp160 and beyond.

Mystery solving, part two:
    As long as a sorc is mobile, he is able to fight pretty many ppl and kill them. If you want to kill a sorc, snare him, cc him, negate him. Nothing of this ever happens from your side. He, on the other side, rune cages one after the other and then burst every one of you. Have your NB slot fear and the lvl 41 sorc will have a much harder time. Rune cage him, same. Stun him with a dawnbreaker and burst, and he's dead.

Mystery solving, part three:
    The guy watching is probably a friend of his, admiring his skill and trying to annoy you on top. Useless and unnecessary, but some people tick that way.

Irylia wrote: »

Even a low level 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

Being 41 means he is battle leveled and actually stronger than a normal cp room because he has access to all of the cp he has unlocked in addition to increased stats for being below 50.

Not to mention you weren’t weaving combos fluidly or timing burst around the rune cage.

I’m guessing all the people who fought him weren’t doing so either. And potentially not wearing min maxed gear

You guys are pointing out what I've already stated.
    I stated he's probably a low level max cp player...and I stated this is my first venture into Cyrodiil on a mag sorc, so, thanks for the insight, I guess.
    But you two are wrong, I am hitting him with rune cage as much as I'm able to...funny how one of you saw that and one didn't.

I'll say this again...never have I seen even the best 1vX'ers stand in the open and shrug off damage like that. Wearing full impen heavy armor at that.
    King of Gamez, Despotic, MoS Creator, even Kodi PvP use line of sight for survival. This player is just out in the open...I'm amazed.
    No need for mystery solving, it's ridiculous

Comments like this make me quite unhappy - the only thing your video proves is that the sorc you guys were fighting 5v1 could handle himself while I see you standing around oom and without any skill rotation for the entire duration of the video. I honestly can't stand the large amount of people on this forum anymore complaining about good players being "carried" by their "op" classes. Most of the time - if one can't kill a target Xv1 - the X players are not even close to the skill level of the 1. Due to you playing on console the possible use of cheat engine is out of question as well. So you simply got destroyed by a good player. Get over it. Any class is just as good as the guy playing it. Sorc is one of the harder classes to play in pvp. Entirely dependend on proper shield stacking and animation canceling and offering hard but only timed burst potential. A bad sorc player is way easier to kill than every other class in the game. In good hands the class might seem to good for many - but sorc more or less has always been a mastery class in this game that only "really" shines when played by a skilled and experienced (sorc) player. I am not counting myself as such but I most definitely know some good examples among my in-game friends.

When it comes to the guy who was standing around watching you and tbagging guys trying to swarm one good player and can't even "get the job done" could be me. Nothing more disgusting than already fighting 1/2vX and being further zerged down by more players who think the 1 having the "wrong color" entitles them to join the fight no matter how great the odds already are for the 1 player. I know about the "its war blablabla" argument but people should start to think more rational and respectful - but then there is our toxic eso community having no respect for skill :) A former smallscaler - peace out.

Again, as I previously stated, this is my first venture into Cyrodiil on this class. Is that too hard to understand or something? I'm going in there trying to get a "skill rotation" down. In other words, practice.
    I don't know anyone who walks into any type of game mode and just instantly has skill down.
    So, because I'm working out a skill, that dismisses that shield stacking allowed this player to just stand around, where a full impen heavy wearing class would have to line of sight to survive? Because that's the point. It's not some attack on small scale play or anything to do with skill or talent. But you can keep making that argument if it makes you feel better.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

• camo hunter
    • cost increase poisons
    • nirn stacking
    • mace pen bugged
    I could go on but i think that were enough points to prove that the "balance" team always did screw up and always will. Sloads is in comparison not that bad but if you hope for some really okish balance you will never get it with the same dev team that already screwed so many things up

Don’t forget the Selene double (and in some cases triple) procs from the same attack.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched video and guy has skill. Some players just have excellent ping, quick reflexes, and know their build and rotations well. Run into some of them and die everyday=) Should have sent him a message and asked for tips. Often they are willing to share. Sometimes you run into the occasional crazy person, but usually if you give them props, they will help you out.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you will notice he compensated for lack of LOS by jumping to avoid ground attacks and make himself a harder target by keeping his momentum up.
    Probably why jumping while in combat should cost stamina.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    how is this possible- for a game 4 years old, sloads sets, rune prison CC delays, double CC bugs,. immunity not working, Lethal arrow bugs, the double damage sigils in BGs, just so many many things that make this a game of random luck as opposed to skill. this game needs so many fixes its completely discouraging at this point. just venting...

Performance is unbalanced...
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Came here expecting the word Sloads in thread topic, not leaving disappointed. :tongue:

This set is going to be entirely worthless once it gets changed.

The first feedback ever on the set in the PTS forums was to, and quote: “delete this set from the game.” That’s what should have been done and what they need to do. Nerfing it to uselessness performs the same function. Summerset shouldn’t have been released at all without a FULL balance passs on the laundry list of absurd to useless sets we already have—instead of just adding another OP one or two so we buy their content (which we’d do anyway and be happier doing with a more balanced game).
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    WRONG!!!!! Remember when proc sets could Crit??

Newly introduced proc sets dont need to crit when their tooltips are twice as big as the "old" proc sets.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    WRONG!!!!! Remember when proc sets could Crit??

Newly introduced proc sets dont need to crit when their tooltips are twice as big as the "old" proc sets.

Doesn't change the fact a bunch of people just randomly think they can, post it and then run away when their ignorance is pointed out.

Ugh...
    Zer0oo wrote: »

• camo hunter
    • cost increase poisons
    • nirn stacking
    • mace pen bugged

Darn skippy
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Used to be able to 1v10+++ on mDK without breaking a sweat.

In 1.3 healing ward was bugged in such a way to make you practically invincible

In 1.6 we had 600+ CP players competing against 200-300 CP players and scaling wasn’t front loaded. Also Nirn was bugged AF rendering Magika specs weak against meta specs.

Thieves guild we had the proc-crit meta

Morrowind we had Stamdens at the height of their power.

This isnt even close to the most unbalanced PvP has been

I agree, but the gameplay and pain points this patch just make players want to quit. It such obvious *** the devs should have seen coming froma mile away.

I love this game but the last patch makes me hope the game fails right into bankruptcy (never happen).
  • KittyVonPurr
    This is complete utter crap. They need to fix this. How many times can you get dash boarded in a half hour? I will tell you 10 times!!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree. Actual balance in PvP has never been better.

The Lag however seems to just grow exponentially.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone says the sorc brigade. But the people that say are almost always Nightblades.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One shot one kill meta of Camo Hunter stack and Clever Alchemist into another damage set swap meta says hi to this thread. But, mSorc is the problem, yeah?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One shot one kill meta of Camo Hunter stack and Clever Alchemist into another damage set swap meta says hi to this thread. But, mSorc is the problem, yeah?

You must be using the wayback machine.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be using the wayback machine.

I am well aware that those are issues of the past. I made my point on past meta being much more imbalanced.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Magicka sorcs since the last update definately need looked at. I extensively play BGs and recently its just been full of sorcs doing the following:

- Magicka sorcs running Zaans waiting for proc with light attacks then streak + dawnbreaker burst.
    - Magicka sorcs pet builds - you cannot get close to them due to targetting the pets and when you do they just hide behind their pets again, use their pet heals or streak.
    - Magicka sorcs doing 20+ kills in death match when everyone else is struggling to get 10+ due to their execute.
    - Magicka sorcs streak away into the distance when the going get tough.
    - Magicka sorcs having great shields and doing insane damage.
    - High ranking PvPers changing to Magicka sorcs as they seem to be the current PvP meta.

I'm not usually one for complaining on the forums but they definitely need looked at as they are currently too strong in this update.

PS there also seems to be a distinct lack of stamina players in BGs as well ... the recent update to two-handers appears to be contributing to the problems as well.

Sorcs have always been getting special treatment from ZOS and always avoid nerfs where all other classes keep getting pummeled with nerfs. It's a joke. It is literally god mode cheese easy soon as you roll Sorc.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when you could run Twin Sister set and apply a massive bleed just by blocking that had unlimited range, no cooldown?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    How to win every battleground...

Stack sorcs with proc sets.

GG.

This is an actual thing. Four sorcs, rune prison and endless fury spam coupled with Zaan/ Skoria and Sload. PVP is in a wretched state. The days of invincible DK tanks look rosy in comparison.

I've fought teams of sorcs and won in deathmatch. Ive also fought as a team of sorcs and lost. Zaan, Skoria and Sloads is not a sorc issues.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Sorcs have always been getting special treatment from ZOS and always avoid nerfs where all other classes keep getting pummeled with nerfs. It's a joke. It is literally god mode cheese easy soon as you roll Sorc.

Why don't you post a video of yourself playing this god-mode sorc of yours? Oh wait, you don't play one? Well that's interesting.

In that case, how about you post a video of yourself fighting some of these god-mode sorcerers so we can take a look and analyze the actual fights?

Still nothing? End of discussion right there.

Mr. @Weesacs it seems you're next in line and it seems that there are some actual arguments here for a change now. Well let's take a look at how good they really are. My replies are in bold.
    Magicka sorcs since the last update definately need looked at. I extensively play BGs and recently its just been full of sorcs doing the following:

- Magicka sorcs running Zaans waiting for proc with light attacks then streak + dawnbreaker burst.
    Right off the bat, argument No.1 is practically non-existent. This has absolutely nothing to do with sorcs, apart from streak, any class can run any of these abilities/sets.
    - Magicka sorcs pet builds - you cannot get close to them due to targetting the pets and when you do they just hide behind their pets again, use their pet heals or streak.
    Argument No.2 is also practically non-existent. This is only true in duels, and if you think I'm wrong, please go play a pet sorcerer in Cyrodiil for longer than 5 minutes and let me know how that works out for you.
    - Magicka sorcs doing 20+ kills in death match when everyone else is struggling to get 10+ due to their execute.
    Alright, I'll buy this. It's easy to steal kills with wrath/endless. So this is about endless/wrath over-performing compared to other executes because it's ranged? Two words. Radiant Destruction.
    Wait, what? So? It's a class defining ability. You're really pushing it now. Why don't we take a look at shimmering shield which completely shuts down ranged magicka, cloak spam, endless BoL from templars, crazy stamblade bursts while rolling like monkeys in and out of cloak etc.

Why stop there, how about the infestation of sloadsters and other proctatoes, or any other dozens of things that are plaguing PVP right now?

I find it incredible that players like you would take away the single ability that's rendering mag sorcs viable in PVP, even though it's the most NERFED ability in the history of this game. You guys literally want the class to be completely PVE oriented because you have freaking L2P issues and cannot improve at a simple PVP game that ESO is. Just great.

And... Zero sustain in that case? Or stam management? So let's define these 'great shields' of yours and this 'great damage' that's somehow much superior to anyone else's damage output, let's talk some numbers here shall we? Tell me how these awesome shields exactly behave, and do keep in mind that your perception of their strength is also directly affected by your character's damage output. Any shield on your opponent can be a great one if you hit like a wet noodle.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that the sorcs you're having trouble with do not have 'great' shields, it's just you probably, most likely, being unable to connect a basic combo while having decent stats to actually make a dent. If this is the case, this is YOUR problem, not theirs. L2MakeGoodBuilds. Also, FYI, shields are a terrible defense for anything other than 1v1.

- High ranking PvPers changing to Magicka sorcs as they seem to be the current PvP meta.
    We can say this for any class without any evidence. I certainly see just as many NBs as sorcs, if not more. Not to mention all other classes. This is simply grossly exaggerated and easily disproved by actual numbers that the devs have access to.

But, if we're going to gamble like this, I'm gonna go ahead and call out NBs as the most popular class in the whole game. I'm 99.9% sure they'll come ahead of sorcerers if the devs released the data right now.

I'm not usually one for complaining on the forums but they definitely need looked at as they are currently too strong in this update.

PS there also seems to be a distinct lack of stamina players in BGs as well ... the recent update to two-handers appears to be contributing to the problems as well.

So, as we can see here, the 'let's nerf sorcs' movement has absolutely zero valid arguments for their case, and they refuse to provide any evidence to support any of their claims, all the while being very vocal about their agenda for biased class supremacy.

Now, if some of you believe I'm wrong in anything I've said and you would like to prove me wrong, then you will have to take all of my arguments presented here, destroy them one by one and in their place erect your own arguments that I or anyone else will not be able to touch.

Only then can you rightfully ask for nerfs, NOT before. I invite anyone to try and do that.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Everyone says the sorc brigade. But the people that say are almost always Nightblades.

No joke and it has been the NB brigade for 6 months prior.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you nuts? Sorcs have been the most nerfed class for over a year.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it has allways been that way and will allways remain that way.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

GG.

This is an actual thing. Four sorcs, rune prison and endless fury spam coupled with Zaan/ Skoria and Sload. PVP is in a wretched state. The days of invincible DK tanks look rosy in comparison.

I've fought teams of sorcs and won in deathmatch. Ive also fought as a team of sorcs and lost. Zaan, Skoria and Sloads is not a sorc issues.

You talk a lot about what you do in BGs but I’ve still never seen you in them.

But yeah I agree with what you said.

Just keep in mind that the high MMR matches are a bit different than the lower MMR matches. The 3 team dynamic is more pronounced and kill stealing is easier.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vapirko pretty curious what your ingame @ is, too. We probably bump into each other a lot; I'm from Singapore which is just +1 hrs ahead of you guys.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

GG.

You talk a lot about what you do in BGs but I’ve still never seen you in them.

But yeah I agree with what you said.

Just keep in mind that the high MMR matches are a bit different than the lower MMR matches. The 3 team dynamic is more pronounced and kill stealing is easier.

@Thogard I play from Thailand mostly so that’s probably why. We have played one or two matches on the same team though. I’ve also been frequenting BGs less due to the insane proc damage going on and imo it’s been laggier than cyro a lot of the time.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I think to myself "magsorcs aren't that bad, I beat them all the time" I go on my magsorc alt and play 2 BGs and get 50 kills (no exaggeration) and then I remember why people main them. EZ mode.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I think to myself "magsorcs aren't that bad, I beat them all the time" I go on my magsorc alt and play 2 BGs and get 50 kills (no exaggeration) and then I remember why people main them. EZ mode.

But how many of them did you ACTUALLY really kill without your teammates or someone else putting your opponents in execute range for you to 'kill'?