The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVP has never been more unbalanced, more broken

• Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Magicka sorcs since the last update definately need looked at. I extensively play BGs and recently its just been full of sorcs doing the following:

- Magicka sorcs running Zaans waiting for proc with light attacks then streak + dawnbreaker burst.
    - Magicka sorcs pet builds - you cannot get close to them due to targetting the pets and when you do they just hide behind their pets again, use their pet heals or streak.
    - Magicka sorcs doing 20+ kills in death match when everyone else is struggling to get 10+ due to their execute.
    - Magicka sorcs streak away into the distance when the going get tough.
    - Magicka sorcs having great shields and doing insane damage.
    - High ranking PvPers changing to Magicka sorcs as they seem to be the current PvP meta.

I'm not usually one for complaining on the forums but they definitely need looked at as they are currently too strong in this update.

PS there also seems to be a distinct lack of stamina players in BGs as well ... the recent update to two-handers appears to be contributing to the problems as well.

For the pets.. You can just use Tab on the Sorc so your skills hit him instead of the pet imo
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    How to win every battleground...

Stack sorcs with proc sets.

GG.

This is an actual thing. Four sorcs, rune prison and endless fury spam coupled with Zaan/ Skoria and Sload. PVP is in a wretched state. The days of invincible DK tanks look rosy in comparison.

Rune prison is getting a little absurd. Also, the Overload light attacks hitting a tanky character at 12K a pop.

But the Sorc defense brigade will defend this whacked out class till their dying breath.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/DoS8yDPY4_0

Fought a sorc last night, level 41.
    He was just standing out in the open, no line of sight or anything. I don't think his health dropped below 50%.
    Even a low level 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

This is my first attempt at magicka sorc, and I have no idea what I'm doing, (Obviously from the video) and I had a great day until this sorc came along. But keep in mind, I AM PLAYING A SORC In this video, and even I'm saying this is ridiculous.

Bonus: Why is there always one player on your faction who does nothing to contribute to the fight, find it necessary to t-bag his own faction? Players are weird....

Mystery solving, part one:
    Your lvl 41 sorc is clearly not a lvl 41 player. Pretty sure he has maxed out cps and crafted gear for this sorc. Although you cannot see them, the cps count - giving him the same amount of cp-based magicka, sustain and damage as a cp750 player. Due to the fact that he's lvl 41, he is getting a level-up ON TOP, so actually this character is stronger than at cp160 and beyond.

Mystery solving, part two:
    As long as a sorc is mobile, he is able to fight pretty many ppl and kill them. If you want to kill a sorc, snare him, cc him, negate him. Nothing of this ever happens from your side. He, on the other side, rune cages one after the other and then burst every one of you. Have your NB slot fear and the lvl 41 sorc will have a much harder time. Rune cage him, same. Stun him with a dawnbreaker and burst, and he's dead.

Mystery solving, part three:
    The guy watching is probably a friend of his, admiring his skill and trying to annoy you on top. Useless and unnecessary, but some people tick that way.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used to be able to 1v10+++ on mDK without breaking a sweat.

In 1.3 healing ward was bugged in such a way to make you practically invincible

In 1.6 we had 600+ CP players competing against 200-300 CP players and scaling wasn’t front loaded. Also Nirn was bugged AF rendering Magika specs weak against meta specs.

Thieves guild we had the proc-crit meta

Morrowind we had Stamdens at the height of their power.

This isnt even close to the most unbalanced PvP has been
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Magicka sorcs since the last update definately need looked at. I extensively play BGs and recently its just been full of sorcs doing the following:

- Magicka sorcs running Zaans waiting for proc with light attacks then streak + dawnbreaker burst.
    - Magicka sorcs pet builds - you cannot get close to them due to targetting the pets and when you do they just hide behind their pets again, use their pet heals or streak.
    - Magicka sorcs doing 20+ kills in death match when everyone else is struggling to get 10+ due to their execute.
    - Magicka sorcs streak away into the distance when the going get tough.
    - Magicka sorcs having great shields and doing insane damage.
    - High ranking PvPers changing to Magicka sorcs as they seem to be the current PvP meta.

I'm not usually one for complaining on the forums but they definitely need looked at as they are currently too strong in this update.

PS there also seems to be a distinct lack of stamina players in BGs as well ... the recent update to two-handers appears to be contributing to the problems as well.

I couldn't agree with you more. Currently Sorcgrounds are not really that fun to play, if you are playing something else than Sorcerer by yourself. At least at CP-battlegrounds earlier I could mitigate some of the incoming damage, but try to do that now while being trapped inside Rune Prison. This means that 1 vs 1 duels and Vivec/Shor are only PvP modes which are still appealing for me with circumstances like this.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 21, 2018 1:54PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He was just standing out in the open, no line of sight or anything. I don't think his health dropped below 50%.
    Even a low level 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

This is my first attempt at magicka sorc, and I have no idea what I'm doing, (Obviously from the video) and I had a great day until this sorc came along. But keep in mind, I AM PLAYING A SORC In this video, and even I'm saying this is ridiculous.

Bonus: Why is there always one player on your faction who does nothing to contribute to the fight, find it necessary to t-bag his own faction? Players are weird....

Being 41 means he is battle leveled and actually stronger than a normal cp room because he has access to all of the cp he has unlocked in addition to increased stats for being below 50.

Not to mention you weren’t weaving combos fluidly or timing burst around the rune cage.

I’m guessing all the people who fought him weren’t doing so either. And potentially not wearing min maxed gear
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still remember the darkest age of ESO, bathrobe vamp dk?
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even a low level cp 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

Your lvl 41 sorc is clearly not a lvl 41 player. Pretty sure he has maxed out cps and crafted gear for this sorc. Although you cannot see them, the cps count - giving him the same amount of cp-based magicka, sustain and damage as a cp750 player. Due to the fact that he's lvl 41, he is getting a level-up ON TOP, so actually this character is stronger than at cp160 and beyond.

As long as a sorc is mobile, he is able to fight pretty many ppl and kill them. If you want to kill a sorc, snare him, cc him, negate him. Nothing of this ever happens from your side. He, on the other side, rune cages one after the other and then burst every one of you. Have your NB slot fear and the lvl 41 sorc will have a much harder time. Rune cage him, same. Stun him with a dawnbreaker and burst, and he's dead.

The guy watching is probably a friend of his, admiring his skill and trying to annoy you on top. Useless and unnecessary, but some people tick that way.

Irylia wrote: »

Being 41 means he is battle leveled and actually stronger than a normal cp room because he has access to all of the cp he has unlocked in addition to increased stats for being below 50.

Not to mention you weren’t weaving combos fluidly or timing burst around the rune cage.

I’m guessing all the people who fought him weren’t doing so either. And potentially not wearing min maxed gear

You guys are pointing out what I've already stated.
    I stated he's probably a low level max cp player...and I stated this is my first venture into Cyrodiil on a mag sorc, so, thanks for the insight, I guess.
    But you two are wrong, I am hitting him with rune cage as much as I'm able to...funny how one of you saw that and one didn't.

I'll say this again...never have I seen even the best 1vX'ers stand in the open and shrug off damage like that. Wearing full impen heavy armor at that.
    King of Gamez, Despotic, MoS Creator, even Kodi PvP use line of sight for survival. This player is just out in the open...I'm amazed.
    No need for mystery solving, it's ridiculous
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

To be honest the only thing surprising in this vid is...you didn’t freeze?
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on June 21, 2018 2:07PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Come on, non procced crystal frags casting (hence the constant OOM), casting 20% health finisher on non 20% health enemy and the others were on your same level. This is not exactly proof of anything.
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp the is most diverse and balanced it's ever been in regards to builds, lots of build options. Sloads is a weak-ass useless set. Just wish Zos would hire someone that knows how to fix the lag, screen freeze, and long load times.

Zos should really only let people that play the game create threads.

Edited by Jammer480 on June 21, 2018 2:06PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it unbalanced if everyone is wearing sloads anyways? :trollface:
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

Thing is I'm not seeing many using it
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also... I have seen and done PvP for more than a decade (not done in ESO, I hate it!) and the first PvP videos I recall, were before Youtube became what it is today. So you had to dig those videos websites and painfully download these early PvP encounters.

Back at the time of these early PvP videos, you had 2005 MMOs like WoW where outworld PvP was the norm.

And at that age, already, you would see those natural guys who just "dance" around the others and show a superiority gap that their victims cannot ever close.

In 2005 we had those guys 1v5 with ease and in 2018 I have just seen another of these fights. Yours.
    Edited by Vahrokh on June 21, 2018 2:03PM
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

"Everyone wearing it" is only in some peoples imagination. I don't know anyone still using it and it's never in my recap, not in Cyrodiil, nor in BG. I tried it originally and my stats and kills declined substantially. Sloads is weak. So in that regards, Zos can do what they want with the set. It's useless.
    Edited by Jammer480 on June 21, 2018 2:06PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Zaan can crit thats for sure, i use it for a long time on my magden dps, and i can assure you it can crit
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they are "faction hoppers", spying and generally causing trouble by switching alliances mid campaign.

On Xbox EU, this campaign we have had a significant number of AD players (the "no-job-do-drugs-and-play-24/7" people), who started the campaign as EP, just to be on top of the alliance - so that we will have no loyal/active emperor when we get emp. Now they play on their usual AD accounts.

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »

Because they are "faction hoppers", spying and generally causing trouble by switching alliances mid campaign.

On Xbox EU, this campaign we have had a significant number of AD players (the "no-job-do-drugs-and-play-24/7" people), who started the campaign as EP, just to be on top of the alliance - so that we will have no loyal/active emperor when we get emp. Now they play on their usual AD accounts.

Yeah I'm on Dc and saw that, too much of this type of crap going on on the campaigns they are just doing this to troll
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console players seem so toxic, pc players are just easily offended snow flakes
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kerthas wrote: »
    Zaan can crit thats for sure, i use it for a long time on my magden dps, and i can assure you it can crit

Should be easy for you to prove then
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Came here expecting the word Sloads in thread topic, not leaving disappointed. :tongue:

This set is going to be entirely worthless once it gets changed.

"Worthless"? For who exactly? There are many sets over time that have been over performing, but later put into a more reasonable level for usage. They are still useful and can be rather powerful even after a tuned down version for its original state. It all depends on how people use said sets and in what combo, it is simply too early to call anything "useless" or even "worthless" only to imply that asking for any change is a bad idea.

You are also derailing this thread by making any "joke" about something you should know upset many PvP players instead of keep focus on the main issues about how it is even possible to balance PvP and which scale of PvP are we talking about (small scale; BG, Cyrodiil openworld 1vX: large scale; zergs, IC or Cyrodiil etc)?

• Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭

Even a low level cp 750's gear couldn't be that good, where he/she'd just shrug off damage like that from 5 other fully geared, 750 players. I've never seen anyone....zero of the best 1vX'ers, just stand in the open like that, no line of sight or anything, and just take damage like that.

Irylia wrote: »

You guys are pointing out what I've already stated.
    I stated he's probably a low level max cp player...and I stated this is my first venture into Cyrodiil on a mag sorc, so, thanks for the insight, I guess.
    But you two are wrong, I am hitting him with rune cage as much as I'm able to...funny how one of you saw that and one didn't.

I'll say this again...never have I seen even the best 1vX'ers stand in the open and shrug off damage like that. Wearing full impen heavy armor at that.
    King of Gamez, Despotic, MoS Creator, even Kodi PvP use line of sight for survival. This player is just out in the open...I'm amazed.
    No need for mystery solving, it's ridiculous

Comments like this make me quite unhappy - the only thing your video proves is that the sorc you guys were fighting 5v1 could handle himself while I see you standing around oom and without any skill rotation for the entire duration of the video. I honestly can't stand the large amount of people on this forum anymore complaining about good players being "carried" by their "op" classes. Most of the time - if one can't kill a target Xv1 - the X players are not even close to the skill level of the 1. Due to you playing on console the possible use of cheat engine is out of question as well. So you simply got destroyed by a good player. Get over it. Any class is just as good as the guy playing it. Sorc is one of the harder classes to play in pvp. Entirely dependend on proper shield stacking and animation canceling and offering hard but only timed burst potential. A bad sorc player is way easier to kill than every other class in the game. In good hands the class might seem to good for many - but sorc more or less has always been a mastery class in this game that only "really" shines when played by a skilled and experienced (sorc) player. I am not counting myself as such but I most definitely know some good examples among my in-game friends.

When it comes to the guy who was standing around watching you and tbagging guys trying to swarm one good player and can't even "get the job done" could be me. Nothing more disgusting than already fighting 1/2vX and being further zerged down by more players who think the 1 having the "wrong color" entitles them to join the fight no matter how great the odds already are for the 1 player. I know about the "its war blablabla" argument but people should start to think more rational and respectful - but then there is our toxic eso community having no respect for skill :) A former smallscaler - peace out.

Edited by Venom4You on June 22, 2018 12:50PM
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The rune prison CC is the best in the game by a MILE atm so ridiculously stupid.

28 meter distance
    Can't block or dodge or even see it coming
    Every sorc and their mum is timing it with meteor
    The other morph that is casted on self lasts TWO mins LOL who comes up with this crap??
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say that like it ever was balanced.

Such things are pipedreams. Dismiss them.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    The rune prison CC is the best in the game by a MILE atm so ridiculously stupid.

28 meter distance
    Can't block or dodge or even see it coming
    Every sorc and their mum is timing it with meteor
    The other morph that is casted on self lasts TWO mins LOL who comes up with this crap??

I find it funny so many people complain about RC now. It was the same since Clockwork City, albeit with the damage tied to the stun lasting the full duration of 2.5 seconds then.
    Defensive Rune (Rune Prison morph): The buff applied by this morph will no longer be consumed when you are attacked by a crowd-control immune enemy.
    Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets. This ability and its morphs can also no longer be cast on a crowd-control immune enemy, and we increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
    Rune Cage (Rune Prison morph): This morph now deals damage to the enemy if the stun lasts its full duration.
    The Defensive Rune morph continues to place a buff on you that will stun the next enemy that damages you.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    Similar to Petrify, we wanted to change this disorient into a stun while retaining its current functionality to make useful in more situations.

Especially the synergy with the delayed burst was always there after CWC. Hence why I used it continually after 3.2.5.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A combat developer literally says they want to close the gap between skilled and skilless players then introduces proc sets that either do the killing or save multiple players from death.

Unsurprisingly these sets happen to come with paid DLCs so go figure.

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    A combat developer literally says they want to close the gap between skilled and skilless players then introduces proc sets that either do the killing or save multiple players from death.

Unsurprisingly these sets happen to come with paid DLCs so go figure.

...He was talking about that in a different context, though. He was more talking about PVE, not PVP when he made the 'lower the ceiling raise the floor' comments, meaning making it easier for people to get into the game.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look another one...
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    this game is so boring, either pve or pvp.
    pve nothing exciting other than boring leveling up.
    pvp bo balance at all.so fun play sorcgrounds
    and stupid proc set

Then I hate to say it, but this game just isn't for you and you should find a different one. Plenty of people find the PvE fun, as well as PvP (albeit a smaller number).
    PS4 NA
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They really just need to bite the bullet and disable item sets in PvP and copy all the skills then balance those independently for PvP instead of trying to balance PvP against PvE. I think it’ll be a better experience for all parties involved.