The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will not spend another cent on this game until PvP is fixed.

• mneimneh_ESO
    mneimneh_ESO
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.

Seriously. The behavior is a the game freezes for large batches of people (zergs) and a handful are left alive who basically can walk around and kill everyone who is frozen 1vX. It has happened no less then 5 times the last two days for me and sometimes I’m frozen, sometimes I’m the one who is left and able to kill everyone around me with single target skills while they are incapacitated. ESO dev please shadow some of the “Zerg” PVP activity during Keep takes for examples of this.
    I like playing ESO.

Member since September 7th, 2013.

PS4 CP1015
    Redguard Necromancer (PVE Stamcro)
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Dark Elf Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Breton Sorcerer (PVE Petsorc)
    Nord Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight (PVE MagDK)
    Argonian Templar (PVP Heals)
    Nord Warden (PVP Magden)
    Redguard Nightblade (PVP Stamblade)

Stadia/PC CP340
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Imperial Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Breton Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Orc Templar (PVE Stamplar)
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmar613 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    In their aspects PvP is not generating much money anyway

thats because they dont do anything with it

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

No offense but please link your source for this information. It does not seem correct considering the obvious markers that way PvE

In 4 years content added to the game to keep things fresh.

PvP
    IC - only PvP related DLC
    BGs

PvE
    10 zones in 8 DLCs (craglorn is actually 2 zones added separately before DLCs)
    10 group dungeon added in 4 DLCs (2 dungeons were added to the game before DLCs)
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Based on the focus of added content it does seem PvE is the bigger focus. This style MMORPG tends to be that way unless it has PvP in the PvE zones.

at first this game was marketed as end game being mainly pvp, things have changed. Further more the devs really have not done changes to the performance in pvp.

PvP does not get focused because it is engineered to be that way now for reasons unknown. either way it is assumption to say either pvp or pve makes more money with out the factual statistics regardless of how much pve content is being produced.

One could say if the tides were reversed and they only did pvp updates and focused on performance in cyro instead of pve, then we would be assuming that pvp brings more money.

If I pay a subscription of 15$ a month, it doesn't matter which end of the game I play. It should ALL freaking work equally. Who cares if PvE or PvP makes them more money. It should ALL perform EQUALLY as good, and be updated EQUALLY as much. Nuff said...
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't disagree with you, but, apparently you forgot an important thing. THAT'S NOT HOW REAL LIFE WORKS. This is America, you pay for something and you just accept that it probably won't work all the time, or at all or even do what it was advertised to do. You can try to get it fixed, or get a refund or some recompense, but, once they've got your money, you ain't gettin' jack. That's American Capitalism! Enjoy!
    Dreyloch wrote: »

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

No offense but please link your source for this information. It does not seem correct considering the obvious markers that way PvE

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    10 group dungeon added in 4 DLCs (2 dungeons were added to the game before DLCs)
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Based on the focus of added content it does seem PvE is the bigger focus. This style MMORPG tends to be that way unless it has PvP in the PvE zones.

at first this game was marketed as end game being mainly pvp, things have changed. Further more the devs really have not done changes to the performance in pvp.

PvP does not get focused because it is engineered to be that way now for reasons unknown. either way it is assumption to say either pvp or pve makes more money with out the factual statistics regardless of how much pve content is being produced.

One could say if the tides were reversed and they only did pvp updates and focused on performance in cyro instead of pve, then we would be assuming that pvp brings more money.

If I pay a subscription of 15$ a month, it doesn't matter which end of the game I play. It should ALL freaking work equally. Who cares if PvE or PvP makes them more money. It should ALL perform EQUALLY as good, and be updated EQUALLY as much. Nuff said...

• dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

I agree with you, but it doesn't perform equally and has not for some time. especially right now on consoles in pvp people are getting permanent screen freezes and have to reset to fix it at a common rate.

I'm not sure why you are quoting me either, I was being unbiased and responding to a post from Idk. I think we are on the same page here.
    Edited by dmar613 on June 22, 2018 1:30AM
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone goes on and on about PvP... PvE is just as unplayable since summerset dropped.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got tree fiddy on OP spends another cent ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 22, 2018 1:44AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed some non-constructive comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

At this point i wouldnt be surprised if people are doing these "non constructive, flaming, bating, etc.." comments on purpose just to get one of you forum mods to comment on the thread. Its like bait for us that think we are actually getting some information from zos. And tbh, its just sad that every time its a forum mod. It just shows zos doesnt care about pvp at all..

But honestly, this is something that ive known for a hell of a long time..
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    I would suggest that you just stop playing then. Obviously these issues have not been easy to fix nor will they be so I wouldn't expect a fix at any time in the near future. Having returned after an extended break, I am not, at all surprised that these issue are still continuing. Many other things have improved, but it is patently obvious that the concentration of ESO is on the PvE side. I can't blame them really. There are so many other PvP games out there and, honestly, PvP isn't that profitable. Honestly, PvP doesn't take all that much in the way of brainpower. Whoever is stronger, whoever has their rotation down the best, whoever has the best defenses - they're the ones that win. PvP isn't about teamwork or even cooperation - it's about competition and waving about to see who has the biggest stick. Somehow, you'd think that people would learn by now that the concentration has to be on the most profitable portions of the game - the PvE. It brings in new players, new subscribers and new Crown Store users. PvP just doesn't do that.

Honestly, your opinion about PvP only matters to you. How do you know what each player's motivations are? I enjoy PvP and often utilize teamwork.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the day comes when ZOS realizes, that the future of this game is all about fixing the game, actually making existing content working properly - not adding new content every 2 months or so.

I have NEVER EVER heard anyone complain, saying they are quitting the game because it isn't hard enough, because there are too few dungeons, because the trials are too easy, or because the game isn't big enough. None. Never. But, like everyone I regularly play with have been saying from time to time, that they are quitting because the game is too glitchy, and because ZOS shows a very arrogant and "Soviet style" attitude towards its player base; pretending these problems doesn't exist. Some people I know left the game, probably for good. And a number of people I know haven't even started playing it, because they knew already it's such a hopelessly buggy game.

I'm daring you: FIX. THE. GAME.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will never be fixed... Thats why i stopped, just throwing stuff in game...
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »
    We have recently removed some non-constructive comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive or we will lock the thread, and go back to hiding under our desks where it is easier to ignore our customers. Thank you for your understanding.

how many hours ban did you get for that? I got 36 hours for editing a mod quote lol
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah-hah! I think I'm starting to see the problem here.

It looks [to me] like the majority of the "PvP is stupid and no one plays it and everyone should shut up because I'm super cool" crowd is on PC. I don't play on PC, so I clearly don't have any idea what the ratio is on there. Many of the "PvP is my favorite thing and I love it, but it's broken and freezefreezelaglagframeratefreezing" crowd is from console, which means that the PC crowd is not in touch with the gaming climate on that platform and knows next to nothing about what is going on over there.

ESO exists as a multi-platform game kids. It's possible for both the PC (PvP is dead/daft/not a thing) crowd and the console (PvP is life/bae/thecoolestthingever) crowds to be correct, so arguing over who is "righter/bestest/coolest" is a colossal waste of everyone's time and energies.

At the end of the day, this isn't an either/or argument. Improvements to PvP do not need to mean that PvE loses something. This is an "and" argument, where both parties have lists of things that need to be improved. That's okay, and there is nothing wrong with that. If no one says anything, nothing ever gets fixed.

I love this stupid game and its ridiculous community (even if some of you make me want to repeatedly slam my head in a door) and I just want to play the hell out of it when I'm not slaving away at my job, and whether it's in PvP or PvE, I'd like it to be playable. That's it. Simple.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is still freezing on ps4 na
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple! They are trying to avoid P2W so they sell cosmetics. Who buys cosmetics? PVE players. Most PVP players don't care about what they look. So we need to keep the PVE players, cause if they leave, we lose the main store revenue. How do we keep them? PVE content. PVP? We don't care folks, have a nice day!
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple! They are trying to avoid P2W so they sell cosmetics. Who buys cosmetics? PVE players. Most PVP players don't care about what they look. So we need to keep the PVE players, cause if they leave, we lose the main store revenue. How do we keep them? PVE content. PVP? We don't care folks, have a nice day!

Where do people get the idea that PvPers dont buy cosmetics?
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you weren't on PC, I'd invite you to come run with me in Cyrodil one of these days, just so you could see the violent fashion show put on by our community every single day. We may be virtual sociopaths, but we all want to look good doing it, as much as any PvEer.

PS. I personally own almost every single costume and cosmetic pack, 3 notable houses (bought with crowns, since PvP doesn't net much gold, barring selling the gold jewelry either bought with our AP or from EoC rewards), most of the mounts, and I sub. You have to remember, we don't do as much PvE (although most of us do some, so we can have the gear needed to kill one another effectively), which is where all of the motifs drop, so if we want to look good, we buy them from the crown store when they become available. Crowns cost...money.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will not miss you and in general anyone that does pvp, since the big money comes from pve players and a good example is the crash of imperial city
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    No way is pvp more populated than pve. PVP can barely fill 1 1/2 campaigns. How many per campaign? Probably more people runnin dolmens every night than play pvp. It's a complete mess with all the proc sets and insta kill builds. Throw in the poor performance and it's a complete mess.
    The only reason PvP doesn't have more people is because the performance has been so bad for so long 90% of those interested in PvP have gave up and left the game. At launch there were multiple campaigns, each with much higher population caps than we have now, that were full nearly all the time.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have recently removed some non-constructive comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I just hope the day comes when ZOS realizes, that the future of this game is all about fixing the game, actually making existing content working properly - not adding new content every 2 months or so.
    Hi,

in theory, you're right. The sad truth is those above want to see more revenue. That is not coming from existing content, but new content, for which existing customers are forced to pay for.
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    Ah-hah! I think I'm starting to see the problem here.

It looks [to me] like the majority of the "PvP is stupid and no one plays it and everyone should shut up because I'm super cool" crowd is on PC. I don't play on PC, so I clearly don't have any idea what the ratio is on there. Many of the "PvP is my favorite thing and I love it, but it's broken and freezefreezelaglagframeratefreezing" crowd is from console, which means that the PC crowd is not in touch with the gaming climate on that platform and knows next to nothing about what is going on over there.

ESO exists as a multi-platform game kids. It's possible for both the PC (PvP is dead/daft/not a thing) crowd and the console (PvP is life/bae/thecoolestthingever) crowds to be correct, so arguing over who is "righter/bestest/coolest" is a colossal waste of everyone's time and energies.

At the end of the day, this isn't an either/or argument. Improvements to PvP do not need to mean that PvE loses something. This is an "and" argument, where both parties have lists of things that need to be improved. That's okay, and there is nothing wrong with that. If no one says anything, nothing ever gets fixed.

I love this stupid game and its ridiculous community (even if some of you make me want to repeatedly slam my head in a door) and I just want to play the hell out of it when I'm not slaving away at my job, and whether it's in PvP or PvE, I'd like it to be playable. That's it. Simple.

Well stated...
    Livin' the dream...
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10 minutes and only 2 crashes......that's pretty good, I seriously can get 5+ and a booted to server and have to reset the entire xbox to get the game started again

….not counting loss of AP from siege engines I just put up and the defense tics that happen while I am trying to renenter the game.

Poorest group of Quality Control developers on console!
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed. That has to be a record for PvP areas. At least during busy times. I can get up to 30 minutes in Cyrodil if I go in at 8pm PST on the EU Server. There's nobody there.
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

10 minutes and only 2 crashes......that's pretty good, I seriously can get 5+ and a booted to server and have to reset the entire xbox to get the game started again

….not counting loss of AP from siege engines I just put up and the defense tics that happen while I am trying to renenter the game.

Poorest group of Quality Control developers on console!

• Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    I had 3 screen freezes(had to reset game) in a short period of time last night but then went like 2 hours without a screen freeze. I don't understand why it's not more consistent.
    Edited by Jammer480 on June 25, 2018 7:00PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks PvP players dont buy things off the Crown Store is either:
    A. Uneducated (this is the likely answer, most of you probably have high school diplomas at best)
    B. Trolling (Strong possibility)
    C. Flat out ignorant (I'd say about 10% are)
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_MikaS not being mean or anything but can you please get your bosses to look at some of these issues?? the constant ignoring from them on issues that have been happening for weeks with no response really is kindve old.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a bit of a stretch. It of 5 full guilds I'm in only 3 people PVP at all. Endgame is much more then PVP. As for the people complaining about the bugs, it's amazing that people think a MMO is simple to make. It shows the lack of actual knowledge that "gamers" possess. If it was an easy fix they would have fixed it. When you add something new or change something your risk breaking not things. It's how game development goes.
    Edited by jircris11 on June 25, 2018 9:45PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the group that I know, I can't think of even one person who is PvP exclusive. There are a couple that do PvP, sure, but the majority are simply PvE. That is why they concentrate on PvE players. They make the money there.

[Edited for baiting]

Umm.. that’s because it’s literally impossible to *only* play PvP.. all new characters start in PVE, and most people have to do their leveling and gearing in PVE before jumping back into pvp.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on June 25, 2018 10:55PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you, but many of these PvP advocates here claim that the ONLY do PvP. As a matter of fact, as another poster pointed out, I believe that I can count on one hand the people in any of my guilds on the EU that do PvP. In my own group of friends I have one person who has any interest in PvP at all. Is it an exclusive club or something? Just from personal experience, it doesn't seem like many people have any interest in PvP at all. Of course that's only about 3K people so we could all just be aberrations.
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    In the group that I know, I can't think of even one person who is PvP exclusive. There are a couple that do PvP, sure, but the majority are simply PvE. That is why they concentrate on PvE players. They make the money there.

[Edited for baiting]

Umm.. that’s because it’s literally impossible to *only* play PvP.. all new characters start in PVE, and most people have to do their leveling and gearing in PVE before jumping back into pvp.