The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Will not spend another cent on this game until PvP is fixed.

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Komma wrote: »
    48% of pvp players play pvp because it is free. People come to the boards to complain mostly. That is why you see all the pvp posts not because there are more pvp players.

If they were so fickle they'd just move to another game, not making forum accounts.

Some of you like to put words in other peoples mouths. Never said they were so fickle. Its just a fact more people post about issues than to say how much fun they are having. It is like that in most forums not just games.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    48% of pvp players play pvp because it is free. People come to the boards to complain mostly. That is why you see all the pvp posts not because there are more pvp players.

If they were so fickle they'd just move to another game, not making forum accounts.

Some of you like to put words in other peoples mouths. Never said they were so fickle. Its just a fact more people post about issues than to say how much fun they are having. It is like that in most forums not just games.

Hard to post about having Fun when there is such a big issue right now
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Ah! So PvP players are cheap?
    I do have a question though. What on Nirn are all these people buying from the Crown Store? The pets are pointless and who really needs to ride around on a giant bear that shoots lasers out of it's eyes. I can see experience scrolls and potions that basically make you invincible, but, honestly, isn't that more of a P2W kind of thing.
    Do other PvP games require you to pay?
    Is ESO the only free MMO?
    I'm so confused.

Didn't mean to insinuate they were cheap just that many have no reason to pay or buy anything since pvp is what they do and have no need for that other stuff. Maybe sub up from time to time or buy a major dlc if it has something they must have.

Who do you think buys $30 race changes? Not PvEers, they are the same race on every class magicka or stamina....it never changes.
    Edited by templesus on June 21, 2018 9:14PM
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do have a question though. What on Nirn are all these people buying from the Crown Store? The pets are pointless and who really needs to ride around on a giant bear that shoots lasers out of it's eyes. I can see experience scrolls and potions that basically make you invincible, but, honestly, isn't that more of a P2W kind of thing.
    I'm so confused.

Didn't mean to insinuate they were cheap just that many have no reason to pay or buy anything since pvp is what they do and have no need for that other stuff. Maybe sub up from time to time or buy a major dlc if it has something they must have.

I disagree, if you've spent any time in pvp you would see most of the players are sporting the newest mounts, costumes, skins, and accessories. Many of us are altaholics so we've had to buy extra character slots, mount training, and race changes.

We never want to be left behind on gear and things like transmutation and jewelry crafting so most of us buy the chapters, dlc, and/or sub. Many of us also invest in housing to help store all that gear.

As far as the ESO economy goes we also have a huge thirst for ingredients, potions, poisons, food, drink, etc. We are always changing our our gear so we are always buying mats, glyphs, tempers, etc.

You would be surprised how much real and fake money pvp players contribute to this game and all we want is some basic functionality and not freeze every 10 minutes.

• riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so confused.

Where do you think PvPers get their gear? The same places PvEers do. How do you think PvPers level their Undaunted, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild lines? Where do they get their skill points? How do they level up quickly? The same way PvEers do.

PvPers are literally just PvEers that would rather spend time fighting with AND against one another than do the same dungeons and trials over and over again for years (yes, most of the “pure” PvPers that you see out and about have been playing for years). We still buy all the same DLCs, we are still subscribers because we literally benefit from doing so in the exact same ways that “PvEers” do. We are still master crafters. We still like cool mounts and costumes from the crown store.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? It's not like any of the costumes, mounts or skin mean anything and PvPers certainly don't need them since, as you say, they've already been here for years and already have all the skills they need. If it's just 'cause "It looks cool", that's perfectly acceptable. We all want to look cool or my Templar wouldn't be dressed in such a tacky outfit! But quit it with the pets - they're just friggin' annoying and, if you happen to be in town, stop riding around like crazy people and fight each other at the Wayshrines! It's great entertainment!
    riVALry9 wrote: »
    I'm so confused.

Where do you think PvPers get their gear? The same places PvEers do. How do you think PvPers level their Undaunted, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild lines? Where do they get their skill points? How do they level up quickly? The same way PvEers do.

PvPers are literally just PvEers that would rather spend time fighting with AND against one another than do the same dungeons and trials over and over again for years (yes, most of the “pure” PvPers that you see out and about have been playing for years). We still buy all the same DLCs, we are still subscribers because we literally benefit from doing so in the exact same ways that “PvEers” do. We are still master crafters. We still like cool mounts and costumes from the crown store.

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only have to look around people's fancy mounts and how quiet PVP gets after a story DLC/Chapter to know how many PVPers buy stuff from the game
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    In their aspects PvP is not generating much money anyway

thats because they dont do anything with it

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

Source this or its just another opinion. Highly doubtful
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would suggest that you just stop playing then. Obviously these issues have not been easy to fix nor will they be so I wouldn't expect a fix at any time in the near future. Having returned after an extended break, I am not, at all surprised that these issue are still continuing. Many other things have improved, but it is patently obvious that the concentration of ESO is on the PvE side. I can't blame them really. There are so many other PvP games out there and, honestly, PvP isn't that profitable. Honestly, PvP doesn't take all that much in the way of brainpower. Whoever is stronger, whoever has their rotation down the best, whoever has the best defenses - they're the ones that win. PvP isn't about teamwork or even cooperation - it's about competition and waving about to see who has the biggest stick. Somehow, you'd think that people would learn by now that the concentration has to be on the most profitable portions of the game - the PvE. It brings in new players, new subscribers and new Crown Store users. PvP just doesn't do that.
    templesus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.

PvE may bring in new players, but PvP is what retains them and keeps them spending their cash long after they've gotten bored with doing the same PvE content over and over. I spent the first year or so never stepping foot in Cyrodil, and saw no reason to do anything with it. Now though, the main reason i stay is the excitement of the ever changing battlefield and its opponents.

PS. I drop a stupid amount of money on the game for houses, costumes, mounts, and crates (I know I know...but I work hard for my money and I'll spend it however I want, even if some think it's silly). This is one (of many) PvPer who proves their bad guesses wrong.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I’m not sure what you’re asking “Why?” to. Digital cosmetics from the cash shop mean no more or less to PvEers than they do to PvPers. They are equally useless to us all.

Why? It's not like any of the costumes, mounts or skin mean anything and PvPers certainly don't need them since, as you say, they've already been here for years and already have all the skills they need. If it's just 'cause "It looks cool", that's perfectly acceptable. We all want to look cool or my Templar wouldn't be dressed in such a tacky outfit! But quit it with the pets - they're just friggin' annoying and, if you happen to be in town, stop riding around like crazy people and fight each other at the Wayshrines! It's great entertainment!
    I'm so confused.

• Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I'll accept. In the group that I know, I can't think of even one person who is PvP exclusive. There are a couple that do PvP, sure, but the majority are simply PvE. That is why they concentrate on PvE players. They make the money there.

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

True. Just because you say so doesn’t make it so.
    Go to Cyrodiil. There are more players there than not during prime time.

[Edited for removed content]

Cyrodiil also has a population cap and more limited area. I'm not disputing that there are many players there during prime time. I'm just not sure how you can compare 1 packed zone to multiple sparsely populated zones. For the record, I enjoy PvP and spend alot of my ESO time there.

There are multiple zones that are poplocked at prime time with people waiting in queues to get in.

So your'e saying that after four years of continual 24/7 complaining, and calling Zenimax and anyone that actually enjoys the game some of the most degrading names imaginable PVPers still flock to Cyrodil and wait in Queues?

That is either a false statement or PVPers aren't actually having the issues they claim they are and the outrage is mock outrage or they are masochist.

No matter how you slice it.....it really doesn't look good on the PVP community.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this threat is that 1) It doesn't really matter and 2) Zeni doesn't really care

Zeni and the crew do their best, but nothing is ever going to be perfect, apparently, as is evidenced by years of working on the PvP experience and nothing really getting any better no matter what they do and, if everybody who threatened to do this did it then PvP truly would be absolutely deserted and then there would be absolutely no reason to fix anything and just let it die.

Honestly though - even if, say 100K PvPers decided to just drop out and stop playing, would it really matter? There would still be new players coming in and paying and newer players always buy more in the Crown Store. How many 10s if not 100s of thousands of new players have been sucked in since the release of Morrowind and now Sommerset? Just look at the answers to a couple of my questions. Some of those players have only been playing for a month or two.

As of the GameFAQ statistics in January, there are 1.3 million active players of ESO and 8.7 something totally registered players have played. That's a lot of people!

Of those 1.3 million, how many actually participate in the forums and how many of them are PvPers?

It is a shame that Zeni hasn't managed to get their servers to run perfectly all the time and that people are not having the experience that they want, but, you can't say that Zeni isn't and hasn't been trying. There is probably just more too it than that. It can't just be a matter of "we don't care".
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. Of course, I'm one of those lame players that has no use for the cosmetics at all. If I get them for free as some reward or something, cool, but I don't need housing, don't need crowns and costumes, or pets or weird mounts. I don't feel the need. Of course that means that one of these days Zeni is going to take away all those crowns I have built up over these years of subscription. I don't even think I can gift something I buy out of the store - wish I could though, at least then I could give gifts.
    Sorry, but I’m not sure what you’re asking “Why?” to. Digital cosmetics from the cash shop mean no more or less to PvEers than they do to PvPers. They are equally useless to us all.

I'm so confused.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop it. According to the dedicated Pvper's here on the forums Pvper's spend an insane amount of money supporting the game, probably more than all the carebears combined. Zos has the data and that's why they are bending over backwards to appease them.

We must be looking at different data for different games. Less than 10% of the eso player base is interested in pvp, easily verifiable I might add.
    I would suggest that you just stop playing then. Obviously these issues have not been easy to fix nor will they be so I wouldn't expect a fix at any time in the near future. Having returned after an extended break, I am not, at all surprised that these issue are still continuing. Many other things have improved, but it is patently obvious that the concentration of ESO is on the PvE side. I can't blame them really. There are so many other PvP games out there and, honestly, PvP isn't that profitable. Honestly, PvP doesn't take all that much in the way of brainpower. Whoever is stronger, whoever has their rotation down the best, whoever has the best defenses - they're the ones that win. PvP isn't about teamwork or even cooperation - it's about competition and waving about to see who has the biggest stick. Somehow, you'd think that people would learn by now that the concentration has to be on the most profitable portions of the game - the PvE. It brings in new players, new subscribers and new Crown Store users. PvP just doesn't do that.
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.

Why do you same PvE trolls have to post your gibberish in every thread when you have no stake in the PvP matter.
    FYI there are still problems in PvE and PvP on all platforms, I just froze on PC in Summerset at PvE geyser.

Personally, I'm sick of seeing pvp threads in General discussion. They're all nothing but complaints and should be moved asap and off the front page. They have multiple forums for pvp, use them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I know it's irritating and I would much rather be delusionally praising and discussing the game, I can understand why, at some point they get frustrated. PvP has, after all, had serious issues since early release and I am sure that many of these folks have done the "good boy" thing long ago - posting tickets, reporting bugs, making request.

I also understand the need to vent, but the threats to cancel subscriptions or stop purchasing ring more than a little hollow and I think that is what really gets on the nerves of many of us. They're not going to quit, they're not going to boycott, they're not going to do anything. They've been complaining for years, always saying the same things.

I can only just keep hoping that things get better for the PvP community in ESO. The PvPers are our brothers and sisters after all and they love the game as much as the rest of us who don't specialize so much do. They just want it to be the way they know it can be. And I, for one, hope that it eventually gets there. Maybe once it's been around as long as WoW. Maybe by then.

I don't PvP and I don't compete and, usually, I don't even group, but I DO want the experience to be great for everyone, at least at some point.
    Sevn wrote: »

Stop it. According to the dedicated Pvper's here on the forums Pvper's spend an insane amount of money supporting the game, probably more than all the carebears combined. Zos has the data and that's why they are bending over backwards to appease them.

We must be looking at different data for different games. Less than 10% of the eso player base is interested in pvp, easily verifiable I might add.

Why do you same PvE trolls have to post your gibberish in every thread when you have no stake in the PvP matter.
    FYI there are still problems in PvE and PvP on all platforms, I just froze on PC in Summerset at PvE geyser.

Personally, I'm sick of seeing pvp threads in General discussion. They're all nothing but complaints and should be moved asap and off the front page. They have multiple forums for pvp, use them.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Is this PvP of the forums~?

PVE People vs PVP People in a cage fight to decide who gets a functioning game :D

rip PVE...

Overwhelming numbers buddy. RiP PvP.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This I highly doubt. You have 4 campaigns. The vast majority of players are dungeon runners and questers. Its the nature of MMORPGs with abundant pve content. Most casual players tend to do little pvp. Proven in any game with actual servers. We dont have server selection in this game so its harder to prove, but trends in similar games are more than enough evidence for presumption
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know you make a really good point....I mean they did that for the whole Crown Crate tantrums....and it cleared up the forums quite a bit and people who hated to got a place to vent.

The only down side is that your really can't go on that forum and talk about upcoming Apex mounts or anything remotely positive without getting ambushed by 10 to 15 players that think they are fighting some noble battle against tyranny.

Still.....maybe threads about PVP lag should go on the PVP forums?
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but, maybe after years of nothing happening on that front they finally realized that nobody is reading them?

You know you make a really good point....I mean they did that for the whole Crown Crate tantrums....and it cleared up the forums quite a bit and people who hated to got a place to vent.

The only down side is that your really can't go on that forum and talk about upcoming Apex mounts or anything remotely positive without getting ambushed by 10 to 15 players that think they are fighting some noble battle against tyranny.

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a good tip for any people having issues againts PvP format, PvP playes and anything related to it....

Maybe stay away of these threads? ...plenty of people upset for very good reasons. Thus stop trying derail the thread purpose.

Already said that everyone should be entitled to functioning product no matter what they prefer to do.
    Edited by Miswar on June 21, 2018 10:24PM
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

Ur right about that - BUT same goes for endgame PvE (trials are even more unpopular then any PvP)- 90% of the players are playing very casual doing the zone quests. In the end this game WONT cater to endgame PvE or PvP - thats also the reason Im very inactive these days logging in once every 1-2 months.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in other words, just let 'em rant and rant and rant and completely take over the forums for no other reason than to rant and rant and rant? Don't even make the effort to diffuse the situation? People need to act like adults. Endlessly complaining about something that isn't going to change is irritating and pointless. How many of these same threads on the front page of this forum? How many do you need? Maybe this forum should adopt the same tactic the use on Beth.net and the moderators should just move the threads directly to the PvP forum, eh? There they can rant and rave and complain and accomplish nothing and threaten to rage quit and cancel subscriptions and stop spending money and not play to their hearts content and NOT completely take over the forum.

Of course it doesn't help that if they're not insulting "casuals" or saying "ltp" or insulting anyone who enjoys PvE more than PvP or calling people ignorant or stupid or worthless because they don't PvP. What do they expect to happen? It just makes things toxic and makes people fight back. Not everybody is a PvPer, not even close to a majority (of course, given the state of PvP in ESO, that's understandable) and not everybody wants to be bullied and insulted because of that and not everybody wants to listen to a litany of insults, threats, complaints and outright whining about a company and a game that they happen to love.

All I've tried to do is point out that PvPers have good reason to be frustrated as does everybody else who has to listen to them. You're attitude of "just ignore it" despite it now being a good 1/2 of the content is hardly conducive to public discourse.

Beyond that, if they don't calm down and don't act like adults and civilized folk, they are never going to accomplish anything.

Do they really think Zeni doesn't hear them? Do they really think Zeni hasn't tried (for years) to do something? Do they really think that they are the only thing that matters? Do they really think that the week (or even month) after the release of a huge new chapter on to the servers is really the best time for all of this?

Come on, grow up. This is an MMORPG for goodness sake. There are more players out there than the PvPers looking to gank everybody in sight and then teabag them.
    Miswar wrote: »
    Also a good tip for any people having issues againts PvP format, PvP playes and anything related to it....

Maybe stay away of these threads? ...plenty of people upset for very good reasons. Thus stop trying derail the thread purpose.

Already that everyone should be entitled to functioning product no matter what they prefer to do.

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

Ur right about that - BUT same goes for endgame PvE (trials are even more unpopular then any PvP)- 90% of the players are playing very casual doing the zone quests. In the end this game WONT cater to endgame PvE or PvP - thats also the reason Im very inactive these days logging in once every 1-2 months.

No argument from me with that statement whatsoever. I was simply assuring that poster that by checking his trophies or achievements or whatever PC has they will see less than 10% has even set foot in cyro/bg.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already answered to you on the other thread. Go check yourself how solid it runs. Make 2 day test and try to stay there 3-4 hours per day.

Keep us posted how that experiment went and did you find the "fun" factor while you were at it :smile:

Will check on sunday... now I'am off.
    Edited by Miswar on June 21, 2018 10:39PM
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »

Given that every MMO and it's cousin has Raiding and PVP, I think it's great that ESO focuses on Cooperative questing and RPG content......casuals were more or less ran out of EQ, EQ II, DAOC, EvE,WoW, Wildstar, Neverwinter, FFXI, FFXIV.....hell even GW2 buckled to raiders much to their later regret.

I think Zenimax honestly tried to make PVP and raiding the end game that DAOC and WoW was...only players of the Elder Scrolls games din't want that, they wanted The Elder Scrolls with friends, Zenimax saw how profitable that was and ran with it.

Raiders and PVPers have a plethora of other MMO's that does nothing but cater only to their playstyle.....not every MMO is for every type player.

― Robert E. Howard

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They've been feeding that same line about pvp for years, it's extremely important to them and yada yada yada. I would have been left the game long ago and found something else if pvp was my main interest instead of constantly complaining about the same thing over and over, but that's just me. To each their own I guess.
    -Hemingway
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye! And Why? As I said on the other thread, I don't want to, I don't need to and I don't care to. But thank you for the offer to do something that I wouldn't find "fun" anyway for a couple of days.
    Already answered to you on the other thread. Go check yourself how solid it runs. Make 2 day test and try to stay there 3-4 hours per day.

Keep us posted how that experiment went and did you find the "fun" factor while you were at it :smile:

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry. Most pvpers did stop submitting
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye! And Why? As I said on the other thread, I don't want to, I don't need to and I don't care to. But thank you for the offer to do something that I wouldn't find "fun" anyway for a couple of days.

Than why are you spamming these few PvP threads? Makes no sense whatsoever.

As said by your words which I do agree 100%.. "The games should be fun.." ... thus there are hundreds of non PvP related threads that you can no doubt contribute positively.

As said I'am off.. have a nice one.