The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will not spend another cent on this game until PvP is fixed.

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah tell us that you can't fix it so that we know to leave and find something else to play, don't string us along
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    In their aspects PvP is not generating much money anyway

thats because they dont do anything with it

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

No offense but please link your source for this information. It does not seem correct considering the obvious markers that way PvE

In 4 years content added to the game to keep things fresh.

PvP
    IC - only PvP related DLC
    BGs

PvE
    10 zones in 8 DLCs (craglorn is actually 2 zones added separately before DLCs)
    10 group dungeon added in 4 DLCs (2 dungeons were added to the game before DLCs)
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Based on the focus of added content it does seem PvE is the bigger focus. This style MMORPG tends to be that way unless it has PvP in the PvE zones.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed some non-constructive comments from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

Nice. Thank you. Really. But, what about the topic of the thread? What about about a little piece of communication and truth about pvp?

What are you, some kind of insulting baiter? That seems like insulting and baiting....their reaching for my gun!!

I´d just like that Zos didn´t limited to moderating, but also shared some info with players. Op is asking about pvp fixes, but we only get a mod action, sure, needed and useful, but they could be also helpful about the topic, wich actually concerns devs.
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Well no, it is the least used feature in almost every MMORPG. The only ones it tends to be more popular is where thats the only real endgame. ESO targeted the tes audience most. PvE

It’s the largest end game content for ESO. More people are PvPers than not in ESO.

No offense but please link your source for this information. It does not seem correct considering the obvious markers that way PvE

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    10 group dungeon added in 4 DLCs (2 dungeons were added to the game before DLCs)
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Based on the focus of added content it does seem PvE is the bigger focus. This style MMORPG tends to be that way unless it has PvP in the PvE zones.

at first this game was marketed as end game being mainly pvp, things have changed. Further more the devs really have not done changes to the performance in pvp.

PvP does not get focused because it is engineered to be that way now for reasons unknown. either way it is assumption to say either pvp or pve makes more money with out the factual statistics regardless of how much pve content is being produced.

One could say if the tides were reversed and they only did pvp updates and focused on performance in cyro instead of pve, then we would be assuming that pvp brings more money.

Edited by dmar613 on June 21, 2018 5:36PM
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this PvP of the forums~?
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE People vs PVP People in a cage fight to decide who gets a functioning game :D
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

PVE People vs PVP People in a cage fight to decide who gets a functioning game :D

rip PVE...
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.

What is ridiculous is you are not playing another game with PvP. After all you are part of the problem. Complain but still play the game. You are in the game, people see you. then you are showing other people that game is alive and doing well. So they will spend money. After all with you being in the game, you are showing statistics that people still play the game, and is alive and well. So while you are not spending money you are still a statistic that shows ESO doing good.

Really want to set an example quit ESO for a while, take time off. Show Zenimax that you are going else where and playing else where.

At least if you are going to be a statistic for Zenimax, be one where Zenimax doesn't want you to be and that is one where they don't play the game. When people don't play the game, they spend no money. At least when people play the game they have a potential to buy, and that is why Zenimax is giving us log in rewards since they know when people play, they pay.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmar613 wrote: »

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

at first this game was marketed as end game being mainly pvp, things have changed. Further more the devs really have not done changes to the performance in pvp.

PvP does not get focused because it is engineered to be that way now for reasons unknown. either way it is assumption to say either pvp or pve makes more money with out the factual statistics regardless of how much pve content is being produced.

One could say if the tides were reversed and they only did pvp updates and focused on performance in cyro instead of pve, then we would be assuming that pvp brings more money.

Maybe very early on. By the time the game was getting ready to launch it was not being marketed as mainly PvP.

Based on the overall design I think they were probably just talking op the PvP in Cyrodiil but having a PvP focused game with so little PvP at launch does not seem to be PvP focused. I would have expected at the very least a PvP flagging system for the PvE zones if that was the case.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end who cares who is mainly PvE or PvP.... we all want product that functions somewhat normally.

This sure is getting far far away from that happy scenario day by day,
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    That I'll accept. In the group that I know, I can't think of even one person who is PvP exclusive. There are a couple that do PvP, sure, but the majority are simply PvE. That is why they concentrate on PvE players. They make the money there.

True. Just because you say so doesn’t make it so.
    Go to Cyrodiil. There are more players there than not during prime time.

[Edited for removed content]

Cyrodiil also has a population cap and more limited area. I'm not disputing that there are many players there during prime time. I'm just not sure how you can compare 1 packed zone to multiple sparsely populated zones. For the record, I enjoy PvP and spend alot of my ESO time there.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Go to Cyrodiil at prime time. What ZOS focuses on and what players focus on are polar opposites. PvP is where the population is and always goes back to.

[Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 21, 2018 6:03PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly think they made it worse
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That I'll accept. In the group that I know, I can't think of even one person who is PvP exclusive. There are a couple that do PvP, sure, but the majority are simply PvE. That is why they concentrate on PvE players. They make the money there.

True. Just because you say so doesn’t make it so.
    Go to Cyrodiil. There are more players there than not during prime time.

[Edited for removed content]

Cyrodiil also has a population cap and more limited area. I'm not disputing that there are many players there during prime time. I'm just not sure how you can compare 1 packed zone to multiple sparsely populated zones. For the record, I enjoy PvP and spend alot of my ESO time there.

There are multiple zones that are poplocked at prime time with people waiting in queues to get in.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP
    BGs

PvE
    DSA
    MA
    6 Trials

Go to Cyrodiil at prime time. What ZOS focuses on and what players focus on are polar opposites. PvP is where the population is and always goes back to.

[Edited for inappropriate content]

That merely illustrates that players do PvP. Says nothing to support a claim that more are into PvP than PvE as you suggested earlier. Even a campaign that is pop locked does not mean much. That cap has been reduced multiple times since the game was launched.

I can just as easily make a claim that more player PvE than PvP in ESO. Without supporting information that is not made up it is empty.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah tell us that you can't fix it so that we know to leave and find something else to play, don't string us along

They've been doing for 4 years, can't see them stopping now.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What....

The entire initial promotion of ESO was based mainly on PVP.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they learned that they couldn't compete so they moved another direction. They weren't going to draw the majority of single-player TES fans with PvP. Most of us are way too old for that.
    Nyladreas wrote: »

What....

The entire initial promotion of ESO was based mainly on PVP.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that you just stop playing then. Obviously these issues have not been easy to fix nor will they be so I wouldn't expect a fix at any time in the near future. Having returned after an extended break, I am not, at all surprised that these issue are still continuing. Many other things have improved, but it is patently obvious that the concentration of ESO is on the PvE side. I can't blame them really. There are so many other PvP games out there and, honestly, PvP isn't that profitable. Honestly, PvP doesn't take all that much in the way of brainpower. Whoever is stronger, whoever has their rotation down the best, whoever has the best defenses - they're the ones that win. PvP isn't about teamwork or even cooperation - it's about competition and waving about to see who has the biggest stick. Somehow, you'd think that people would learn by now that the concentration has to be on the most profitable portions of the game - the PvE. It brings in new players, new subscribers and new Crown Store users. PvP just doesn't do that.
    This is just ridiculous. I have had to close app twice in the past 10 minutes after just stepping foot into cyrodiil due to permanent freezing. Not sure what the engineering team did to break the game, but what I do know is I aint spending any more money on crowns, eso plus, ANYTHING until this is fixed. I advise others follow suit as hitting their pocketbooks the only way theyll hear us.

It's one thing not putting resources into creating new content because they don't think they'll make a lot of money from do I need that.

But we're talking about something outright not working that was before the summerset patch. This isn't just the usual client closing after a few hours of playing or massive fights. This is freezing in a 10 vs 10, then immediately freeze upon logging back in.

I also love how people think PVPers don't spend money on on the game. 90% of PVPers have a mount from crown crates and I gurantee 99% of them have bought both Morrowind and summerset as well as either having eso plus or buying the other DLCs.

The amount of zaan, velidreth, thorvukan (spelling...) Etc I've seen in PvP indicates that they even buy pure PVE DLC in the form of dungeon packs.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 21, 2018 7:12PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on console they need ripped apart about pvp cause their servers are so broken its like nobody cares about them. but pc their actively working on and can be commended for that. console i feel so bad for though because they have to go through sony(who throttle all things for money reasons) and microsoft instead of just having direct access to fix their games.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is true, and I would hate to think that they were simply trying to chase away the PvPers. Other posters are right that they did market this as TES PvP.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I would suggest that you just stop playing then. Obviously these issues have not been easy to fix nor will they be so I wouldn't expect a fix at any time in the near future. Having returned after an extended break, I am not, at all surprised that these issue are still continuing. Many other things have improved, but it is patently obvious that the concentration of ESO is on the PvE side. I can't blame them really. There are so many other PvP games out there and, honestly, PvP isn't that profitable. Honestly, PvP doesn't take all that much in the way of brainpower. Whoever is stronger, whoever has their rotation down the best, whoever has the best defenses - they're the ones that win. PvP isn't about teamwork or even cooperation - it's about competition and waving about to see who has the biggest stick. Somehow, you'd think that people would learn by now that the concentration has to be on the most profitable portions of the game - the PvE. It brings in new players, new subscribers and new Crown Store users. PvP just doesn't do that.

It's one thing not putting resources into creating new content because they don't think they'll make a lot of money from do I need that.

But we're talking about something outright not working that was before the summerset patch. This isn't just the usual client closing after a few hours of playing or massive fights. This is freezing in a 10 vs 10, then immediately freeze upon logging back in.

I also love how people think PVPers don't spend money on on the game. 90% of PVPers have a mount from crown crates and I gurantee 99% of them have bought both Morrowind and summerset as well as either having eso plus or buying the other DLCs.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    on console they need ripped apart about pvp cause their servers are so broken its like nobody cares about them. but pc their actively working on and can be commended for that. console i feel so bad for though because they have to go through sony(who throttle all things for money reasons) and microsoft instead of just having direct access to fix their games.

Which if is the case, fine. Let us know that you acknowledge their is an issue and explain the hurdles you face in fixing it. COMMUNICATE with us.

The lack of communication and explanation is probably worse than the problems in game. It just makes it look like they don't care at all about it. Playing this game is probably the worst experience I've ever had as a consumer. It's crazy how little ZOS care about their customers. Honestly baffles me.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Which if is the case, fine. Let us know that you acknowledge their is an issue and explain the hurdles you face in fixing it. COMMUNICATE with us.

The lack of communication and explanation is probably worse than the problems in game. It just makes it look like they don't care at all about it. Playing this game is probably the worst experience I've ever had as a consumer. It's crazy how little ZOS care about their customers. Honestly baffles me.

anymore you cant blame the silence the higher ups higher than them tellem to stay quiet they stay quiet.
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way is pvp more populated than pve. PVP can barely fill 1 1/2 campaigns. How many per campaign? Probably more people runnin dolmens every night than play pvp. It's a complete mess with all the proc sets and insta kill builds. Throw in the poor performance and it's a complete mess.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    No way is pvp more populated than pve. PVP can barely fill 1 1/2 campaigns. How many per campaign? Probably more people runnin dolmens every night than play pvp. It's a complete mess with all the proc sets and insta kill builds. Throw in the poor performance and it's a complete mess.

No, it isn't. But it's still a significant amount. As has already been said, a huge percent of those PVP players buy crown store items, DLC or subscribe to eso plus. It's still revenue.

It's quite clear how many people play PvP and how invested in the game they are by how many threads relate to PvP on the forum. Just look at the sloads threads alone...
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 21, 2018 7:51PM
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    48% of pvp players play pvp because it is free. People come to the boards to complain mostly. That is why you see all the pvp posts not because there are more pvp players.
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    OTG
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dolmen's... all the reward and 1/100th of the work.

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! So PvP players are cheap?
    I do have a question though. What on Nirn are all these people buying from the Crown Store? The pets are pointless and who really needs to ride around on a giant bear that shoots lasers out of it's eyes. I can see experience scrolls and potions that basically make you invincible, but, honestly, isn't that more of a P2W kind of thing.
    Do other PvP games require you to pay?
    Is ESO the only free MMO?
    I'm so confused.
    48% of pvp players play pvp because it is free. People come to the boards to complain mostly. That is why you see all the pvp posts not because there are more pvp players.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they were so fickle they'd just move to another game, not making forum accounts.
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! So PvP players are cheap?
    I do have a question though. What on Nirn are all these people buying from the Crown Store? The pets are pointless and who really needs to ride around on a giant bear that shoots lasers out of it's eyes. I can see experience scrolls and potions that basically make you invincible, but, honestly, isn't that more of a P2W kind of thing.
    Do other PvP games require you to pay?
    Is ESO the only free MMO?
    I'm so confused.

Didn't mean to insinuate they were cheap just that many have no reason to pay or buy anything since pvp is what they do and have no need for that other stuff. Maybe sub up from time to time or buy a major dlc if it has something they must have.
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    OTG