Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stamina being drained by "unknown"

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll make a video of mine since I’m on console. Not like they will do anything about it. At least in a timely fashion.
  • themotherconfessor25
    Koolio wrote: »
    I’ll make a video of mine since I’m on console. Not like they will do anything about it. At least in a timely fashion.

thanks koolio. and yeah i'm disappointed because with the new update i was really excited to test some stam setups, like i was trying to do last night. now i can't even play them properly!!! i'll have to break from eso until it fixes and just do writs.
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Archamus
    Archamus
    ✭✭✭
    I see some random 'unknown' stamina drains on my magicka character when practicing on target skeletons.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • themotherconfessor25
    yeah that sucks it's been happening since feb. just started since after the patch for me so something definitely made it worse. and it's not random for me its all of the time now.
    Twitter

• IARTOI
    IARTOI
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the most common bug in game. I excatly know what you mean. Cuz I have this damn bug all the time in cyro. Causing me die most of the times. There are many threads about this bug but ZoS haven't done anything yet. Here there is a video already recorded by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qklxYreNTQo
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like my ESO+ sub might have to wait .....
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this ? Kind of annoying, seems to happen much more lately
  • themotherconfessor25
    nope, no news. i posted on reddit as well.
    Twitter

• Aeowyn
    Aeowyn
    ✭✭✭
    This is definitely happening to me on my magblade. I am spending more on "unknown" than I am my funnel health or other abilities in the weave. I am barely keeping ahead with heavy weaves. This is incredibly problematic.

lqn7qidc0hf8.png
    xh2n886at4nl.png

Edited by Aeowyn on May 25, 2018 11:05PM
  • themotherconfessor25
    skfvrqs3m3tl.jpg

on a 6mil skele.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    i heard through a person that heard through a person that the combat team is looking into it, but really?
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    BUMP
    Twitter

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saved some parses from last nights trail runs and on each them my resources are drained by unknown. The ability ID is -1 so if have no clue what could be the sources. It doesnt look like the barswap is the cause.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening in cyro for me for a while now on ps4. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
    Edited by AMeanOne on May 26, 2018 11:24AM
  • AaronEH
    AaronEH
    Soul Shriven
    This is happening to me on the two stamina characters I have played since patch. The drain is not consistent from parse to parse. In some cases I can’t complete the parse due resource loss - others it’s noticeable but I can stretch it out. This issue was noticed while baseline dps testing the previous heavy attack rotations that had no issues with sustain since Morrowind. Now sometimes I can’t kill a 3 million dummy before running dry of resources. I cannot reliably play stamina characters as a result.
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Could anyone check if your light-attack weaving is connected to this strange drain? I found that sometimes my LA seem to fire inconsistently when this unknown resource drain happens.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt believe everything CMX says, unless there was indeed sustain overflow bug last patch and this is a fix.

What do I mean? For several months (at least 2 patches), CMX was logging more regen ticks than supposed to. These would show in combat log as appearing very close to other regen ticks (so you would have like 16s regen 17s regen 18s regen where the 17s one is the 'rogue' one).

Now, this 'unknown' drain thing drains exactly the same amount of stamina as one regen tick. And it happens exactly the same number of times rogue regen ticks appear. That means only two things, either these drain ticks are removing regen you arent supposed to get (the rogue ones), or CMX (or even deeper - the information from API) is lying.

At least that is obvious from my own testing, didnt get any parse where unknown would happen more times than rogue ticks.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 26, 2018 4:52PM
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    IARTOI wrote: »
    Welcome to the most common bug in game. I excatly know what you mean. Cuz I have this damn bug all the time in cyro. Causing me die most of the times. There are many threads about this bug but ZoS haven't done anything yet. Here there is a video already recorded by me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qklxYreNTQo

This is exactly what it looks like in Cyrodiil. Happens to me.
  • themotherconfessor25
    something is definitely up after the patch whether cmx is reliable or not. not being able to sustain a 3mil dummy with a 3-4 heavy attack rotation is basically ridiculous. i can visually see my stam being drained faster than i am using it until it bottoms out before i can kill a skele.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    AaronEH wrote: »
    This is happening to me on the two stamina characters I have played since patch. The drain is not consistent from parse to parse. In some cases I can’t complete the parse due resource loss - others it’s noticeable but I can stretch it out. This issue was noticed while baseline dps testing the previous heavy attack rotations that had no issues with sustain since Morrowind. Now sometimes I can’t kill a 3 million dummy before running dry of resources. I cannot reliably play stamina characters as a result.

exactly.
    Twitter

• themotherconfessor25
    bump
    Twitter

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »
    I thought I was crazed: it happened with Magicka as well. After a long fight in PvP I finally left combat and watched my bar going up and down for no reason. I was using no skills, but I kept gaining and losing resources with no explaination.
    I can confirm the bug but I can't say which is the source

Had this same happen to me in PvP as well. Also coincided with a horrible potions freeze, couldn’t use them for over 20 minutes except for once when I switched potion types. Eventually just logged out. I also had a couple of weird instances where my my magicka was just bottomed our and would not regen, despite having 1700 recovery and lich and engine guardian. Was on the outskirts of a battle and my mag bar would not go up more than maybe 10%
  • Aeowyn
    Aeowyn
    ✭✭✭
    Bump - this is a very problematic bug. Really hope this is on your radar, team!
  • themotherconfessor25
    bump
    Twitter

• Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted the same issue back in 2016. Watch as I pick up the loot from the mammoth, my stamina got drained for no reason.

mfXBltX.gif
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this thread is being ghosted again - try contacting someone who might have easier access to the devs. Mainly the streamers.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    You know this is something I recently changed in Combat Metrics. See the patch notes:
    reworked resource tracking algorithm. This means includes adding the ability to track dodge rolls and bashs. As a result now all resouce events that cannot be attributed to a source will be shown as "Unkown". Therefore resource consumption and regeneration is tracked more accurately now. Before those unattributed resource events were ignored. If you see anything suspicious there please let me know.

So as mentioned, before said patch, those "Unkown" events were simply discarded but I thought it's better to show that something is there.
    Unfortunately I haven't found a reliable way to clearly attribute resource changes to specific events such as an ability cast. I basically check for used abilities and then check (since this happens afterwards) for the amount when a resource changes and try to map it to the recently used abilities. The problem is that sometimes a regen tick gets mixed in or you are at full magicka / stamina so I can't find a thing that matches the amount of the change. Also if you have a full magicka/stamina pool and you swap to a bar with less max resources, you will have an unattributed loss, showing up as unkown. I'll see if I can at least do something about the times when your resource is full. If you see other regular issues, let me know, maybe I can do something about it.

Edit: So just to make this clear. Just because an event is shown as unknown doesn't mean its not supposed to happen. There is no reliable resource API ! So you have to be incredibly careful to find situations where resources get inexplicably lost.
    Edited by Solinur on May 28, 2018 1:58PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I wouldnt believe everything CMX says, unless there was indeed sustain overflow bug last patch and this is a fix.

What do I mean? For several months (at least 2 patches), CMX was logging more regen ticks than supposed to. These would show in combat log as appearing very close to other regen ticks (so you would have like 16s regen 17s regen 18s regen where the 17s one is the 'rogue' one).

Now, this 'unknown' drain thing drains exactly the same amount of stamina as one regen tick. And it happens exactly the same number of times rogue regen ticks appear. That means only two things, either these drain ticks are removing regen you arent supposed to get (the rogue ones), or CMX (or even deeper - the information from API) is lying.

At least that is obvious from my own testing, didnt get any parse where unknown would happen more times than rogue ticks.

There is no real api for base regen, so if a resource change is exactly at the value of your regeneration or within 2% of it it will be attributed as such, unless more info is available (which is the case for e.g. potions)
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsrvfuuiwoqq.jpg

To further clarify my point that this is CMX/API issue here I have screenshot from combat log.

If you look, there are 2 magicka regen ticks but no stamina regen ticks (yes i was low on stamina). What happened to those ticks? They were added by CMX to the next ability. In this case, the instance of 607 stamina lost from unknown is me casting sub assault and 746 lost is me casting endless hail.

My sub assault costs 2425 stamina, my regen is 1818. If you put 1818-2425 you get => -607
    My endless hail costs 2564 stamina. If put with regen 1818-2564 you get => -746

I dont know if there is any ingame bug with stamina loss or not, but in this case I show, there obviously isnt any stamina lost. Maybe OP or other people in this thread were subjected to some stamina drain, but as you can see, showing combat log from CMX is not really good metric to prove it.
    And neither is using 'feelings' of having worse sustain.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 28, 2018 2:03PM