Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was the last time you attempted Veteran Maelstrom Arena?

• DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @ReachHalo well done!

Going back in tomorrow, but you probably got the only lightning staff ESO are handing out this week.

I have been farming BSW all week and still need the neck and staff to go with my Maelstrom inferno staff, beginning to think I have a better chance getting the Maelstrom lightning...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @ReachHalo Congrats on the lightning staff! :smiley:
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    6 months +
    Yous both got an Awsome from me as i really appreciate your advice, and both your posts make me want to start playing ESO again :):D
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @ReachHalo @LadyLethalla Don't quite believe it, just got the Lightning staff on my 4th clear! Inferno on 1st and lightning on 4th, can't quite believe my luck.

I had been farming CoA for the BSW neck to go with my inferno - must have done 50 runs and no go. Think I won't bother with the farming anymore. The vMA run was good until rnd 7 and then died heaps, maybe 15 times. Died once on 8 and maybe 7-10 times on the last.

No real incentive to go back in again at the moment, might go and enjoy some other content for a while, still no score though.

• ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @DoTHurts awesome job. Congrats on the lightning staff.. by all accounts they're rare!! Lucky you (us).

Did a run late last night. 10 deaths... mostly in Stage 3, 4 and 6 for some reason wtf!!! Cleared 7 no deaths.. sometimes the rng just goes your way.

Score was 430k.

Played quickly this arvo... ran vet coa2 in a pug. Felt so untouchable. True what they say... vMA just makes you a better player

PS is BSW buffed with Summerset?? Just seems a few people have been mentioning bsw again. Its my fave set... all gold plus the jewellry. Love to use it again with my new inferno staff

@sickboy2808 - no probs. I needed that advice once ☺
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @DoTHurts Congrats on your lightning staff :smiley:
    I got another Ice today :/

I don't seem to be doing any better - idk if it's lag, "old person" lack of reflexes or that I just suck (or a combination thereof) but my best time to date is 1:45, with <20 deaths (blue screen counted as one) and that was ages ago. Average seems to still be about 3+ hours and way over 20 deaths. :(

@ReachHalo Sounds like you're doing well then :)

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla I know what you mean. I died in every round after the first and more frequently in 5, 6 and 7. I don’t use sigils at all as I frequently die trying to grab them. I also tried a non pet build which didn’t work so well, I definitely need the big shield.

With the lag, interrupts not working, button presses not working I don’t think I will be getting much better.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @DoTHurts i cant really complete Stage 3, 5, 6, 7 or 9 without some use of the health or defense sigils... you must be a machine!! I know what you mean though about trying to pick them up... that extra second plus a bit of delay, and... you're dead!!

They are a must if anyone is hoping for the flawless title... that's my new goal. I have completed every level with no death... just have to stop having my regular bouts of stupidity and that title should be achievable... maybe

Haven't suffered from laggy runs for a while. Touch wood that continues ☺
    Edited by ReachHalo on June 4, 2018 10:13AM
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    ... and spoke too soon... last run was laggy AF with around 20 deaths... horrible and frustrating... except for the 2nd lightning staff
  • Pr0fischimmler
    It's been almost a month
    I answered this some time ago, however I'm back at it... at torturing myself i mean! Still no inferno, nope! A bad thing is seeing a staff in the chest in the end, only to be yet another lightning/ ice/ healing staff... worse if it is the weekly reward... come on, by baron Moves-like-a-smoking-plume, give me that juicy inferno
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    Finally got my flawless conqueror last night on my stam nightblade after 2 months of failing and changing gear.

Vicious ophidian with briarheart was the winning combo.

This feels like my proudest accomplishment in ESO as my stamblade is my first character and stam is 100× harder than magicka in vma.

2h, vma bow. Rally and expert hunter for wd and crit bonuses. I refuse to use expensive wd/crit potions. Trash pots FTW!!!!
    Edited by mr_wazzabi on June 16, 2018 9:30PM
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-3 months
    It always goes the same. Give the arena a miss for a while. Come back. It goes pretty well, 7 deaths (all on last stage/boss) on stam dk with 330 ping.

....just enough to get excited about flawless attempts....then I have to check myself about the laggy bugged experience that it is and leave the place for another few months.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    Ran once for the the bow & got it first run. Need to run again for the Inferno Staff, i'll give it 3 runs then call it quits.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS