The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When was the last time you attempted Veteran Maelstrom Arena?

• YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    I can't seem to beat it :cry:
    but i really want the bow but it's so hard... no matter how hard i try i get stressed out so much that i need to take a long break
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    ReachHalo wrote: »
    @LadyLethalla so i finally got the time to dedicate to try to finish vMA in one go. Died only 9 times, mostly on Stage 6 with that stupid enraged spider. Score was 398 thousand... i think it was mostly cause i got interrupted halfway through. Guess my new goal is boosting my score. Won't be trying a new character there for a while... not good or game enough to do it without my huge ward lol

Congrats @ReachHalo :smiley:

I'm constantly surprised at the time difference for each run... well, unless I attempt it during the Lagfest. :lol:
    My biggest problem with the last boss is how damn nervous I get when I get to phase 3. Heart racing, sweaty hands... I really hope that goes away at some point.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    I'm on frozen blood at the moment, I just Can't get past round 4 I'm a stamblade imperial

Drop caltrops and endless hail on the spawn portals. Use an ult on the giants if you have to. Focus on burning the mages, then, archers, then nyriads, then giants.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo Job done!

I can't believe I finally did it, must be 6 months worth of trying. Maelstrom inferno staff for my troubles, not too bad. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, was about to give up - now back to the start to do it all over again...

Wooo Hooo!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    DoTHurts wrote: »
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo Job done!

I can't believe I finally did it, must be 6 months worth of trying. Maelstrom inferno staff for my troubles, not too bad. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, was about to give up - now back to the start to do it all over again...

Wooo Hooo!

Congrats! @DoTHurts Great feeling isn't it... I was shaking for like 10-15 min the first time I killed that SOB Voriak Solkyn.
    You'll be faster this time too. Practice makes perfect! And nice drop - the only staves I've gotten so far are one Ice and two Restos. Every other drop has been a stam weapon. :(

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never
    1014 Champion Points and never set foot into VMA.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @DoTHurts that is fantastic...huge congrats to you!! And an inferno staff!!! Wow!!!

Now let us know how your next runs are

@YamiKuruku you just got to keep at it... i uninstalled the game coz i couldn't complete stage 5 and it was stressing me out and i was getting [snip] at my family. A couple of weeks later, reinstalled, stage 5 complete then 6 and then i was on the last boss in stage 9 for weeks!!! And then it happened for me, and now i find it soooooo much easier... actually flawless till stage 6
    You'll get it... trust me

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 26, 2018 1:02PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2-3 months
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    1014 Champion Points and never set foot into VMA.

If you mostly PvP there's literally no reason to ever do. Maybe the resto and 1H+S can help certain builds, but they are by no means BiS.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Last night, probably spent 20 hours dying to the final boss over the last week. Crematorial Guards crushing me, guess I'd better drop vamp for it.

feed and reduce your vampirism to level 1. then you should be good.

Finally got Stormproof last night and I really think dropping vamp to stage 1 was critical.

greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo Done it 3 times this weekend for an inferno, ice and restoration staves - looking for lightning of course. Still die A LOT, often buttons don't work, bar swapping doesn't work, not standing in red and even occasionally from being stupid! Flawless is never going to happen though...
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Never
    Lats night I finally tried Maelstrom Arena... on normal.

I don't know how can you play on veteran - it's so much bugged with lag spikes... I even had to re-log to continue to play as I got totally stuck and nothing worked...

What's the point of normal version (title is beyond useless / only good thing is skill point)?
    Most mobs have 11k health and get one shot from bow LA :/... Mobs are harder in overland content, not to mention public dungeons or dolmens.

61AB7481993655627C59D8A2EA6701FAD43E33D0
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo Done it 3 times this weekend for an inferno, ice and restoration staves - looking for lightning of course. Still die A LOT, often buttons don't work, bar swapping doesn't work, not standing in red and even occasionally from being stupid! Flawless is never going to happen though...

@DoTHurts After a really good recent run I was looking to improve my time... but no. Lag and/or slower reflexes due to tiredness said No. :/

Happy to say though that the Infused Lightning staff more than made up for it :smiley:

And on a better note I think I'm getting less nervous on the final boss fight.

Edited by LadyLethalla on May 27, 2018 1:13PM
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Never
    I already have medicine controlled rage issues.... don’t need the triggers.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week

@DoTHurts After a really good recent run I was looking to improve my time... but no. Lag and/or slower reflexes due to tiredness said No. :/

Happy to say though that the Infused Lightning staff more than made up for it :smiley:

And on a better note I think I'm getting less nervous on the final boss fight.

@LadyLethalla Oh seriously!! A lightning staff!!! I am so jealous. I got a sharpened inferno for my backbar, but i need the lightning now. Got something like 4 maces lol - wtf does anyone do with a mace!!.

After 10ish runs i still find Stage 6 and 7 (mechanics and rng) the hardest but i actually enjoy Stage 9 boss now and never get the same nerves or frustration. My new goal is to crack 400k score, then get better from there. Just got to get better at Stage 6 and 7!!

And so cool that @DoTHurts is the same...awesome work buddy!! Go get that flawless!!!
    Edited by ReachHalo on May 28, 2018 8:54AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @ReachHalo Thanks... ikr, RNGesus is cruel... I have 3 Restos, a Maul, Greatsword, Ice, Axe, Mace and two Swords. Just my luck too that now that I can complete the damn thing, the weapons are less relevant than ever :(
    #RevertMaelstromWeapons

I still have the most difficulty with stages 5, 7 and 9. During my weekend runs I was even dying in stage 8, which I can normally get through with none.

I think @DoTHurts is also from my part of the world, meaning Flawless is very probably not going to happen.

(If any Australians are on PS4 EU and have managed to get Flawless, I'd love to hear from you!)

• DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    I must of died around 100 times on stage 5 the 1st time through and on my 4th not once. I don’t do anything differently, just better dps and bigger shield I think.

Stage 6 I’m starting to get the hang of, but stage 7! Just hate it, the evil genius of the poison flowers topped off with a heavy dose of lag and some RNG thrown in for good measure makes this a nightmare. For the first time though, I think I can start seeing myself farming it - at least until I get my lightning staff.

Still haven’t got a score though as I have taken breaks, will try it in one sitting on the weekend and see how I go.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-3 months
    Not sure attempt is the right word, but I ran it for the flawless title on my mageblade a few months ago. About once a quarter, I get the bug to get th achievement on another class/spec. Not sure what will be next.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla i think flawless is possible, even with Australia's temperamental server connection. Now after 12 clears i have completed every level, except 7, with no deaths (yep even Stage 9). This effectively means that if i can get Stage 7 worked out, then there is no reason why i cant get the flawless title... just have to try and do it all in one go... lol

I read somewhere that in around 100 runs, someone got only 1 lightning staff... hope that is not me and rngeesus is kind to me...
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo just wondering what setups you guys are using, sorcs running pets or something else? I started with a 1 bar 2 pet setup but ended up clearing with 1 pet and 2 bars as I found I needed more dps.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @DoTHurts
    I'm currently using 5pc Necro, 4 pc Queen's Elegance (will most likely change this for another 5pc set when Summerset hits) and Infernal Guardian, since it procs off your Ward/ Harness Magicka.
    Using two Lightning staves on my front bar - one Nirnhoned with a Prismatic glyph for use in rounds against Daedra (1, 6, 8, 9) and a Sharp with a Shock glyph to use on the other rounds.
    My back bar has a Resto staff... Powered, I think (idk what glyph).
    Infused on Head, Chest, Legs, Divines on rest. Spell Damage glyphs on jewellery.
    Apprentice mundus for the extra spell power.

Since I have crap internet I'm mostly on the front bar... on the back I have Healing Ward, Mutagen, Twilight, Power Surge and usually... Restraining Prison (? I think), and Shooting Star Ulti. I'll cast Mutagen and Power Surge before a fight, and during IF I get a chance.

Front bar I run Liquid Lightning, Ele Blockade, Twilight, Harness Magicka and Crushing Shock, with the Destro Ulti.
    I know I'll get "why use the Matriarch instead of the Familiar?" = well, because I currently feel the need for an "Oh S**t!" heal. Yes, I know that the Familiar does AOE. But it has to be what you're comfortable with. And when I am comfortable with it, I will be putting Power Surge on my front bar, and probably putting Ele Drain somewhere as well.

Having said all that... I am going to give this a try when Summerset drops: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5175264#Comment_5175264

@ReachHalo I wish you every success :)
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla

I have Summerset which has helped with the monster set (Infernal Guardian) and Empowered Ward, which has been buffed.

I use 5 necro and 5 Juli (2 infused, fire enchant front, spell damage back)

Skills: Emp ward, crushing shock, vol familiar, bound aegis, inner light - front
    Liquid lightning, elemental blockade, vol familiar, power surge, inner light

I am currently farming BSW to go with the MA fire staff and will drop the pet and see how I go. I do like trying different setups and the link you provided has some good info I plan to look into.

The build certainly helps, but it won't save you if you don't know the mechanics and I'm learning more with each run.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @DoTHurts i started using the necro + 4 piece + 2 monster one bar sorc pet build from YouTube, after i got to Stage 9 running a mechanical acuity/willpower/skoria set with a pet but couldn't finish the last stage.

I was the same as you @DoTHurts . Changed a few things and actually completed vMA with 2 bars, running lightning front bar with liquid light, blockade, vol familiar, inner light, ward, elem storm ulti, with my inferno staff backbar looking like surge, lightning form, vol familiar, daedric curse, inner light and an ultimate i dont think i ever used. Still using these skills now, while running 5 necro (purple...lol), 3 willpower, and 2 gold skoria and julianos gold destro staffs - hence the need to keep running vMA for that lightning staff.

I'll probably go back to Mech Acuity, or even BSW (both gold) once i can feel comfortable forgoing the extra mag we get with necro, as i think they are sooo much better for my DPS. But to be honest, Necro gets me to 47k magicka, even when its purple, which in turn gives me a nice ward to hide behind, so even though my DPS is pretty lame atm, it'll be hard to give up that protection in vMA. And most of the vMA trash mobs still melt with my current set up.

And...yep... then there's those mechanics that screw everything up...
    Edited by ReachHalo on May 30, 2018 10:34AM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    Last time was a few days before Summerset, with hope they would buff Arena weapons... but they didn't so I won't come back. Ever.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month

The build certainly helps, but it won't save you if you don't know the mechanics .

No build can save you from mechanics... or lag xD

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    @ReachHalo Was it the one bar Pet Sorc build from Mistress of Apocrypha? That's the one I'm using, with the aforementioned tweaks.
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla yes that was the video. I tried the build but still found i wanted liquid lightning and also needed at least one bar swap for surge so just went to one pet. Plus i could never figure out what the matriarch was doing.
    But i religiously watched that guy's vMA run soo many times, best clip for noobs or just useless players like me who were struggling with it. Between that video and joy's write up, i worked vMA out eventually... as do most people
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @ReachHalo that's the same video build and guide that got me going in vMA, enabled me to concentrate on learning the mechanics without the added hassles of bar swaps. He also has a great chilled presentation style which works for me. Lucky video is digital these days, or that's a tape that I certainly would have worn out!
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    6 months +
    Couldnt get past round 4 after dying about 100 times. That was last year and it actually put me off ESO. So much that i have’nt even played Summerset yet or even completed all the quests in Morrowind. I have heard though that VMA is hardest playing a Stam DD which is what i play. Is this true? Or do i just suck LOL
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been almost a month
    Couldnt get past round 4 after dying about 100 times. That was last year and it actually put me off ESO. So much that i have’nt even played Summerset yet or even completed all the quests in Morrowind. I have heard though that VMA is hardest playing a Stam DD which is what i play. Is this true? Or do i just suck LOL

I too tried VMA over and over and over, spent literal days on pretty much every round, spent a fortune on repairs, ran out of soul gems and potions... and that was on a magicka character. I would suggest you learn it the easiest way possible - on a pet sorc first - before attempting it on a stam character. I've completed it I think 10 or 11 times and I still haven't managed to finish with any Vitality bonus - but as noted above in more than one post, it's a learning process. You have to learn each round's mechanics and which mobs to target first. Once I have learned it well enough to complete it with some Vitality bonus left, that's when I would consider trying it on a stam, and maybe not even until much later.

PS: everyone sucks at it to begin with... don't be so hard on yourself. :)
    Edited by LadyLethalla on May 31, 2018 1:38PM
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried it this week
    @LadyLethalla @DoTHurts - got my lightning staff yesterday... now i just have to remember how to play the rest of the game so i can get some mats/gold to gold my staffs - vMA has been my focus for so long now and totally bankrupted me

@sickboy2808 i sucked at vMA for so long... on my original character i was stuck on Stage 2, so avoided vMA for ages. Had excellent DPS, but just sucked at vMA.
    Rolled a sorc, followed some good Youtube advice re mechanics for every level... peristed like crazy...and eventually beat it. Follow @LadyLethalla advice above. Sorcs have the pets and ward to just make it easier - not easy... just easier.

Then you'll be like me... 13 completes and giving everyone vMA advice lol.
    Edited by ReachHalo on June 1, 2018 8:37AM