Maintenance for the week of March 8:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 8, 2:00AM EST (7:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 10, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 10, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

nords are underperforming

  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That tends to happen when you consume large amounts of alcohol.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a tank race and yet no tank uses it...argonian is just so much better.

    Could need some love maybe?

    I don't know if Nords are really considered a "tank" race.. and sure any buff to any toon will always be better than nerfing. Buff away, please. However, I have a Nord pure S&B tank, and (to me) he works quite as well as my other Imperial and Dark Elf tanks. As always, it comes down to the build/setup and skills you are using and applying. Heck, even my Nord Stamplar is tearing up the place just fine. Argonians.. well, nothing against them, but I just can't seem to create a toon with one. I just don't like the look. Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm not an ESO racist. Ha ha. I'll roll around with any Argonian, but my toon won't be one.
  • TeamSeinfeld
    TeamSeinfeld
    ✭✭✭
    Coming off of Skyrim, I made my main a Nord Stam DK DPS, certainly not ideal in direct comparison to most other races. But I think he’s cool, and I have not been restricted in terms of what content I can complete in any way. And if they throw any buffs my way in the future, that’s just gravy.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both nord & imperial provide zero racial sustain. Puts them in a comparatively bad place since Morrowind where sustain became more important that stats. (Dunmer are the only other race like that, but their passives are pretty good when you think 'almost free vampire' and that has sustain)

    All races should get reviewed with every major patch like Morrowind or Summerset because changes with those really do have a knock on effect elsewhere. Honestly pretty much everything should be reviewed, including cp, sets etc. There is a huge gap between the best and worst races in ESO due to the multiplative nature of the way damage works. It's gets way more effective going up than down.

    I'd much rather see each race give say +5 or +10 to certain cp skills, and have the whole system expanded to include things like swim speed. That way someone who actually trained in swimming could be faster than an argonian with a water allergy...
  • LioraValkyrie
    LioraValkyrie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realise my Nord tank was underperforming! *eagerly awaits free buffs to already OP tank build*
    Mistress of Apocrypha - Master PetSorc

    Founder of The Lollygaggers
    Creator of the 1-bar vMA build
    World first solo vFH
    Unchained Altmer Sorc Tank

    Visit me on YouTube! Mistress of Apocrypha ESO
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play Nord and have no intention on playing it. But I agree that they need a big buff because noone plays them for their stats.

    I do hope that every race gets adjusted to not only have raw stats but also some useful interaction similar like the Argonian potion passive.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's a tank race and yet no tank uses it...argonian is just so much better.

    Could need some love maybe?
    I use one for my DK tank, so people do use them. :trollface:

    You don't HAVE to be an Argonian to tank, it's just easier/better. I mean we all of someone who does a good job as a Khajiit which isn't even a "tank race".

    OP's point goes a little further than that, though. Presumably OP wasn't saying that in fact no player tanks on a Nord -- obviously people tank on every race. The point is that there's no gameplay-based reason to tank on a Nord. Other than roleplay or not wanting to buy a race-change token, why be a Nord? They offer no advantage that isn't outclassed by other races.

    The problem with Nords is that that's true no matter what role or spec you're going for -- PVP bruiser, PVE tank, PVE DPS, PVP support, PVE healer, etc. It's always better not to be a Nord. That suggests something about their racial passives needs to be adjusted.

    +1
    /thread

    Edited by Rickter on May 1, 2018 2:44PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    ______________________
    Guilds:
    Requiem GM | Dark Sisterhood Blood Knight | Legend Mod | Legend GvG Mod
    PvP:
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons


  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing my Nord Nightblade to my Bosmer one (quite similar stats/cp/gear), an easy skill like a buffed Ambush from sneak on some NPC trashmob:

    Bosmer hits for +37k
    Nord hits for +33k

    The differances between numbers are about similar on other skills and heavy attacks. So yes, Bosmer hits harder. Sustain is higher, sneak is better.

    But then, lil' Bosmer being found and chased down - two shots by a decent player, and it's a dead Bosmer. Nord can be smacked about pretty good, and even has higher health. At least for me, the outcome is less respawns and more kills on my Nord, easily. I'm not a very good player, so I might need that "harder-to-kill" handicap. I dunno. But for me the Nord is better.

    I have a Nord stam Warden too, wearing 7'th Legion/Fury and Troll King. He's seriously hard to kill, and by the time I've come to my senses - my weapon damage is generally around or over 5k. I don't need any adrenaline rush or sneak bonuses to kill with that kind of damage. This guy doesn't sneak, and I usually don't need to bother with sustain because of same reason. I run the Lava Foot soup on him, and still have a health on over 30k, stamina of 32k, and a stamina recovery of 1800 - and I've never felt any of those are too low for my playstyle.

    The two races I like the best are Darkelves and Nords. Darkelves for magicka builds, and Nords for stamina ones. Imperials is perhaps about as good as Nords imho, but not quite there because of lack of damage mitigation. I take quite a lot of damage, so for me it's all good.

    EDIT: This being said, I'm all for some kind of buff to the Nord racial passives. But don't you dare remove any but the frost resistance ones, I'd hate that...
    Edited by Raudgrani on May 1, 2018 3:09PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    The only thing that woul come out of this is the nerfing/removal of the Argonain potion passive. They won't buff Nord's passives. They don't buff anything - only nerf.

    Argonian is fine. I dont think any argonian running on killing spree in PVP.

    You obviously never met these illusive and really stubborn Argonian Nightblades? No? Perhaps more common before Clever Alchemist was changed, but before that at the very least... Clever, potion cooldown glyph(s?), and every trashpot is sort of a tri-pot to them...
    Edited by Raudgrani on May 1, 2018 3:19PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.
    Alliance/Platform: Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA - CP 1,300ish

    My Toons:
    DKs: Oreyn ßearclaw - Dunmer, Bear-m'Athra - Khajiit, Bearzilla - Argonian
    Sorcs: Beary Jane - AR44- Breton, Bearricane - Orc, Molag Bear - Altmer
    NBs: Bearclaw Oreyn - Dunmer, Bearblade - Bosmer, ßearblade - Dunmer (DC)
    Temps: Gandalf Likes To Party - Altmer, Bearplar - Orc, Bearamedic - Argonian
    Wardens: Warden Bearclaw - Altmer, Bear Jordan - Redguard, Bear's Hippie Girlfriend - Bosmer (DC)
    Necros: Bearomancer - Dunmer, ßearßones - Orc, Bearona Virus - Breton

    vKAHM, vSSHM, vCR+3, vAS+2, vHOFHM, vMOLHM, vSOHM, vHRCHM, vAAHM, vBRP, vDSA, Flawless Conqueror-All Classes, Spirit Slayer
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play Nord and have no intention on playing it. But I agree that they need a big buff because noone plays them for their stats.

    I do hope that every race gets adjusted to not only have raw stats but also some useful interaction similar like the Argonian potion passive.

    Why nord needs buffs when its passives fine ? Only race which is under performing is imperials. Rest are all fine. Nord under performing is absurd statement that no one will agree. There are reasons why so many nords in PVP. Any buff to nord will make them overpowered. L2P issue . Again nords will not be buffed just because some noobs need it. Why so many people wasting time, when no one is going to give anything?
    I will take my nord warden to imperial warden any day to PVP. You can exchange imperial passives for nord if you wish.

    Argonians only limited to healing or tanking. Especially in PVP their role is limited. I can go on with killing spree on nord warden, not on an argonian.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 2, 2018 2:28PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Kodrac wrote: »
    The only thing that woul come out of this is the nerfing/removal of the Argonain potion passive. They won't buff Nord's passives. They don't buff anything - only nerf.

    Argonian is fine. I dont think any argonian running on killing spree in PVP.

    You obviously never met these illusive and really stubborn Argonian Nightblades? No? Perhaps more common before Clever Alchemist was changed, but before that at the very least... Clever, potion cooldown glyph(s?), and every trashpot is sort of a tri-pot to them...

    Many people tried it because of potions bonuses for NBs and argonians. Its not working or effective. Khajit & woodelf are a lot better.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 2, 2018 2:27PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 2, 2018 2:42PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.

    @Priyasekarssk
    Pointing out that a race has the worst passives on paper is a L2P issue? Really? Well I have learned to play enough that in every imaginable scenario in this game, you can objectively do better than a Nord with another race. I am not saying the difference is miles apart, but if you are looking to min/max, nord is NEVER the answer, period. Also, Imperial is a much stronger race than nord. Better damage, better stats, and frankly, better survival (due to the better stats and because the nord mitigation passive is a joke). Also, I didnt make the thread, I am just telling it like it is. The question was asked, and I gave my 2 cents. That's what forums are for...
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 2, 2018 3:59PM
    Alliance/Platform: Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA - CP 1,300ish

    My Toons:
    DKs: Oreyn ßearclaw - Dunmer, Bear-m'Athra - Khajiit, Bearzilla - Argonian
    Sorcs: Beary Jane - AR44- Breton, Bearricane - Orc, Molag Bear - Altmer
    NBs: Bearclaw Oreyn - Dunmer, Bearblade - Bosmer, ßearblade - Dunmer (DC)
    Temps: Gandalf Likes To Party - Altmer, Bearplar - Orc, Bearamedic - Argonian
    Wardens: Warden Bearclaw - Altmer, Bear Jordan - Redguard, Bear's Hippie Girlfriend - Bosmer (DC)
    Necros: Bearomancer - Dunmer, ßearßones - Orc, Bearona Virus - Breton

    vKAHM, vSSHM, vCR+3, vAS+2, vHOFHM, vMOLHM, vSOHM, vHRCHM, vAAHM, vBRP, vDSA, Flawless Conqueror-All Classes, Spirit Slayer
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord should get stamina cost reduction to break free, dodge roll and block.

    They could also get a 3-5% DMG increase using Frost DMG. That would match their racial passives from other games.

    They should also get 20% increased DMG using fists because that's funny and I want to see more Nord *** ERP in taverns lol.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    They should also get 20% increased DMG using fists because that's funny and I want to see more Nord *** ERP in taverns lol.
    Oooooooooooo
    Make-A-Friend! Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ and add someone new to your friend list ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    They should also get 20% increased DMG using fists because that's funny and I want to see more Nord *** ERP in taverns lol.
    Oooooooooooo

    It's funny because that would be like 200 extra DMG on a 900 DMG fist DMG lol. But then get off balance and DK 40% heavy attack, you'll look at increasing 6800 fist DMG to a 8160 heavy attack lol.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Nord should get stamina cost reduction to break free, dodge roll and block.

    They could also get a 3-5% DMG increase using Frost DMG. That would match their racial passives from other games.

    They should also get 20% increased DMG using fists because that's funny and I want to see more Nord *** ERP in taverns lol.

    I actually like this idea a lot. A 5% cost redux to breakfree/roll/block would be HUGE for the race which is meant to be more like a 454 than a VTEC. Honestly I would be happy with just break free and block.
    Edited by usmcjdking on May 2, 2018 8:01PM
    0331
    0602
  • BuildMan
    BuildMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave imperials alone guys. We are fine.
    PSN: YourACasul
    For the Covenant!
    CP 1147 Imperial Stamina Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    PS4/NA/DC
    CP 121 Breton Magicka Dragonknight
    PC/NA/DC
  • GulmarAvocado
    GulmarAvocado
    ✭✭
    At least for pve, nords are 100% a tank race. Now for tanking there isn’t really a BIS class. It can literally tank with any class. If I try to be objective argonian has by far the best resource management which makes it the easiest class for tanking. An imperial has high raw max stats with 12% extra health and 10% extra stam leaving the nord with only a 5% extra damage mitigation that on a tank you really don’t need. Extra max health or the tri-pot passive from an argonian is just better in any situation. I think imperial a very good class for tanking when you have more experience managing resources because as imperial you can also swap to dps for fights you don’t need 2 tanks and pull Better numbers than an argonian when off dpsing. Not a big difference but when mit maxing it does. Argonians are still very strong because of the potion passive and I agree when you say nords can or should get a little buff. Maybe 12% max health can be a fair solution so you can choose between having more resistances or more max stam between imperial and nords. Idk.
    I LIKE AVOCADOS
  • GulmarAvocado
    GulmarAvocado
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

    Following meta is for idiots and epeen chasers.
    Just because of redguard racial perks does not mean every stam has to be a redguard. Same goes for mag altmer, tank argonian or healer breton.
    Choose whatever race and class you want.

    As much as I would like to agree with you there is for PVE a meta you can’t avoid if you want to get into post game pushing score in trials. For tanks it makes no big difference as long as you are comfortable with the race and you can do your job right but if you want to dps for example there’s a clear difference between choosing a high elf stamdk and a red guard stamdk. I mean there will be dps difference for sure. Same with argonian magblade and a dark elf magblade. There are things you just can’t avoid when you start pushing scores. Same goes with sets you can’t play with anything you want like torugs alkosh is something you MUST use in almost every situation for mit maxing. For casual trials I’d agree play whatever you have fun playing what you like playing.

    Edited by GulmarAvocado on May 2, 2018 9:05PM
    I LIKE AVOCADOS
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    A Nord Warden tank has 14% mitigation at pretty much all times. That’s not insignificant when paired with major protection and Armor caps/ impen.

    Now slap on permafrost set (again, which people call “useless”) and trollking and another set for flavour and you have a nigh unkillable Nord tank.

    You’re welcome.

    P.S. The Warden Shield procs permafrost.

    Also Balance doesn't reduce health recovery like it does healing done. Hello magicka.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

    "30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nords are literally big stupid heathens.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is there any significant degree of consensus yet on whether Nords are A-OK or in need of a little help?

    Make-A-Friend! Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ and add someone new to your friend list ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    Both nord & imperial provide zero racial sustain. Puts them in a comparatively bad place since Morrowind where sustain became more important that stats. (Dunmer are the only other race like that, but their passives are pretty good when you think 'almost free vampire' and that has sustain)

    All races should get reviewed with every major patch like Morrowind or Summerset because changes with those really do have a knock on effect elsewhere. Honestly pretty much everything should be reviewed, including cp, sets etc. There is a huge gap between the best and worst races in ESO due to the multiplative nature of the way damage works. It's gets way more effective going up than down.

    I'd much rather see each race give say +5 or +10 to certain cp skills, and have the whole system expanded to include things like swim speed. That way someone who actually trained in swimming could be faster than an argonian with a water allergy...

    Before they released CP this is more or less what I suggested: have the racials fill in bonus points on certain stars. This would have been a much more balanced system.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.

    @Priyasekarssk
    Pointing out that a race has the worst passives on paper is a L2P issue? Really? Well I have learned to play enough that in every imaginable scenario in this game, you can objectively do better than a Nord with another race. I am not saying the difference is miles apart, but if you are looking to min/max, nord is NEVER the answer, period. Also, Imperial is a much stronger race than nord. Better damage, better stats, and frankly, better survival (due to the better stats and because the nord mitigation passive is a joke). Also, I didnt make the thread, I am just telling it like it is. The question was asked, and I gave my 2 cents. That's what forums are for...

    Imperial has better survival than nord ? Nord with warden is a deadly combination.You will see many nords in PVP cyrodil , which includes top PRO PVP players. But hardly 1 imperial. Is there any secret that others dont understand ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 3, 2018 11:55AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there any significant degree of consensus yet on whether Nords are A-OK or in need of a little help?

    Yes. Those people who are enthralled by what tooltips say think Nords are fine.

    Those people who understand how the mechanics work in game know the race is lacking.


  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.

    @Priyasekarssk
    Pointing out that a race has the worst passives on paper is a L2P issue? Really? Well I have learned to play enough that in every imaginable scenario in this game, you can objectively do better than a Nord with another race. I am not saying the difference is miles apart, but if you are looking to min/max, nord is NEVER the answer, period. Also, Imperial is a much stronger race than nord. Better damage, better stats, and frankly, better survival (due to the better stats and because the nord mitigation passive is a joke). Also, I didnt make the thread, I am just telling it like it is. The question was asked, and I gave my 2 cents. That's what forums are for...

    Imperial has better survival than nord ? Nord with warden is a deadly combination.You will see many nords in PVP cyrodil , which includes top PRO PVP players. But hardly 1 imperial. Is there any secret that others dont understand ?

    Of course there are more nords than Imperial. Imperial is behind a paywall and every skyrim fanboy wants to play a Nord. Also, a warden can be deadly with any race in the right hands, it is one of the strongest PVP classes in the game right now, as they have ridiculous access to major minor buffs, and they have amazing burst. That doesnt make nord powerful. Imperials get boosts to the same stats as Nord, they just get more of them. The damage reduction passive with nord is a garbage passive. If it was multiplicative, it might be worth something, but its additive and results in far less mitigation than the tool tip would suggest. In any content I can think of, Imperial is a better choice than nord.
    Alliance/Platform: Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA - CP 1,300ish

    My Toons:
    DKs: Oreyn ßearclaw - Dunmer, Bear-m'Athra - Khajiit, Bearzilla - Argonian
    Sorcs: Beary Jane - AR44- Breton, Bearricane - Orc, Molag Bear - Altmer
    NBs: Bearclaw Oreyn - Dunmer, Bearblade - Bosmer, ßearblade - Dunmer (DC)
    Temps: Gandalf Likes To Party - Altmer, Bearplar - Orc, Bearamedic - Argonian
    Wardens: Warden Bearclaw - Altmer, Bear Jordan - Redguard, Bear's Hippie Girlfriend - Bosmer (DC)
    Necros: Bearomancer - Dunmer, ßearßones - Orc, Bearona Virus - Breton

    vKAHM, vSSHM, vCR+3, vAS+2, vHOFHM, vMOLHM, vSOHM, vHRCHM, vAAHM, vBRP, vDSA, Flawless Conqueror-All Classes, Spirit Slayer
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Kodrac wrote: »
    The only thing that woul come out of this is the nerfing/removal of the Argonain potion passive. They won't buff Nord's passives. They don't buff anything - only nerf.

    Argonian is fine. I dont think any argonian running on killing spree in PVP.

    You obviously never met these illusive and really stubborn Argonian Nightblades? No? Perhaps more common before Clever Alchemist was changed, but before that at the very least... Clever, potion cooldown glyph(s?), and every trashpot is sort of a tri-pot to them...

    Many people tried it because of potions bonuses for NBs and argonians. Its not working or effective. Khajit & woodelf are a lot better.

    That's true alright. There's almost always something "a lot better". In this game though, people are surprisingly borderline/aspie, this "Min/Max" thinking is stretched to where it kind of snaps. It all depends on WHAT you are trying to achieve. In this game, for most(?) people there's no middle ground - where you are not "max" on anything, but you are still over all fine and actually do better than the "max" alternative.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.
    Nords are a solid race, the are just not BiS for any role doesn't mean they are bad in anyway.

    High health/good stamina, pure damage reduction and health regen and the cold resistance has its uses at times not to mention they can't be chilled.

    They are the tankiest race in the game but some people prefer better sustain or healing recieved

    There is nothing solid about the nord race. It has objectively the worst passives in the game. The damage passive gets buried in the mitigation formula and doesn't amount to nearly that much at the end of the equation.

    The only thing they are arguably good at on paper is in fact tanking, but they are not as good as Argonian or Imperial. Even then, it's hard to say they are in third place because at that point, I think you are better off going with a pure DPS race.

    Unless we are talking about RP drinking games with skyrim fanboys, nords just arent good for much of anything, unfortunatly.

    Nords are fine. A lot fine in PVP. Its L2P issue. How about exchanging nords for imperial passives ? Nord race in the game is mythical creation. Dont relate to real world. Only imperials are under performing now. Rest all races are fine. Please dont make irrelevant threads like these ,when its already debated multiple times.

    @Priyasekarssk
    Pointing out that a race has the worst passives on paper is a L2P issue? Really? Well I have learned to play enough that in every imaginable scenario in this game, you can objectively do better than a Nord with another race. I am not saying the difference is miles apart, but if you are looking to min/max, nord is NEVER the answer, period. Also, Imperial is a much stronger race than nord. Better damage, better stats, and frankly, better survival (due to the better stats and because the nord mitigation passive is a joke). Also, I didnt make the thread, I am just telling it like it is. The question was asked, and I gave my 2 cents. That's what forums are for...

    Imperial has better survival than nord ? Nord with warden is a deadly combination.You will see many nords in PVP cyrodil , which includes top PRO PVP players. But hardly 1 imperial. Is there any secret that others dont understand ?

    Of course there are more nords than Imperial. Imperial is behind a paywall and every skyrim fanboy wants to play a Nord. Also, a warden can be deadly with any race in the right hands, it is one of the strongest PVP classes in the game right now, as they have ridiculous access to major minor buffs, and they have amazing burst. That doesnt make nord powerful. Imperials get boosts to the same stats as Nord, they just get more of them. The damage reduction passive with nord is a garbage passive. If it was multiplicative, it might be worth something, but its additive and results in far less mitigation than the tool tip would suggest. In any content I can think of, Imperial is a better choice than nord.

    Imperial is close to Nord in my opinion. But I'm a slow mufuggah, and take a lot of damage. So I tend to like the small damage mitigation of Nords better. I have a problem to decide which ones of these I like the best. For magicka, it's Dunmer all the way for me. That extra stamina is a life saver that easily puts them above Altmer in my experience.

    But this is what I love about this game. MY truth and my facts, are different from yours. Isn't that fantastic? There really is nothing set in stone here. Of course, there are limits. You generally don't use obvious stamina races for magicka builds and vice versa. But a build useless for me, might be gold in someone else's hands.
Sign In or Register to comment.