The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.1

• Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eating food why mounted now dismounts me
  • Sicsoo
    Sicsoo
    ✭✭
    so good you're already deploying the next iteration for the cpu optimizations. looking forward to them.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just a heads up that we just added a write-up on the first page for the Midyear Mayhem PvP event that will be enabled this week:

Midyear Mayhem Event
    Starting this Wednesday, April 25, you'll be able to help us test the upcoming Midyear Mayhem PvP event by visiting one of your alliance bases in Cyrodiil – the Eastern Elsweyr Gate for Aldmeri Dominion , the Southern High Rock Gate for Daggerfall Covenant , or the Northern Morrowind Gate for Ebonheart Pact.
    • Speak to Predicant Maera to acquire the quest aptly named “Midyear Mayhem.”
    • Upon completion of this very short introduction, you will receive an item in your inventory, the “Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity.” When you use this item, you will receive a two-hour buff that doubles your XP gained from killing other player characters, as well as all earned Alliance Points during the event!
      • This buff functions in all PVP-enabled areas, which includes Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and Battlegrounds.
    • If you’ve already done this quest in prior years and wish to participate, all you need do is use your scroll from last year (if you still have it), or return to Predicant Maera to pick up a new one for a nominal fee of 100 gold or 100 AP.
    • In addition to last year's Pelinal Midyear Boon Boxes, the following additional rewards are also in place during the event:
      • Pelinal’s Boon Boxes drop from the quests that you can acquire in the Cyrodiil towns.
      • The special drops from the Simulacrum of Molag Bal in the Imperial City were slightly increased.
      • Pelinal’s Boon Boxes have a chance to drop Transmute Crystals.
      • Resource nodes in Cyrodiil yield double their normal results.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eating food why mounted now dismounts me

Sneezing while on a mount of some kind will probably cause you to dismount. What isn't bugged with that at this point.

The mounts have become skittish and will abandon you at the slightest shift from their rider.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    Strife animation fixes. Awesome

Garbage change. It's a BUG FIX. Give me a lower cost or else the skill in near useless

Not a bug fix. Patch note clearly says they sped up the animation to make weaving easier. In other words, it's actually a buff.

It is not a buff for players who were already able to weave it.
  • Sloban
    Sloban
    Glad none of the psijic abilities are leveled on templates so we cant test morphs
  • Ambro7
    Ambro7
    Soul Shriven
    My whole summerset quests reset. Was that suppose to happen?
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just a heads up that we just added a write-up on the first page for the Midyear Mayhem PvP event that will be enabled this week:

Midyear Mayhem Event
    Starting this Wednesday, April 25, you'll be able to help us test the upcoming Midyear Mayhem PvP event by visiting one of your alliance bases in Cyrodiil – the Eastern Elsweyr Gate for Aldmeri Dominion , the Southern High Rock Gate for Daggerfall Covenant , or the Northern Morrowind Gate for Ebonheart Pact.
    • Upon completion of this very short introduction, you will receive an item in your inventory, the “Scroll of Pelinal’s Ferocity.” When you use this item, you will receive a two-hour buff that doubles your XP gained from killing other player characters, as well as all earned Alliance Points during the event!
      • This buff functions in all PVP-enabled areas, which includes Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and Battlegrounds.
    • If you’ve already done this quest in prior years and wish to participate, all you need do is use your scroll from last year (if you still have it), or return to Predicant Maera to pick up a new one for a nominal fee of 100 gold or 100 AP.
    • In addition to last year's Pelinal Midyear Boon Boxes, the following additional rewards are also in place during the event:
      • Pelinal’s Boon Boxes drop from the quests that you can acquire in the Cyrodiil towns.
      • The special drops from the Simulacrum of Molag Bal in the Imperial City were slightly increased.

I believe those boxes contained the Akaviri motif. It will still grant them as part of the reward? Will the Ordinator one be included too?
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Siphoning
      • Strife: The animation from this ability and its morphs now plays faster, which should make it easier to weave with Light Attacks.

Not at all what we wanted. I'd rather have the lower cost than a BUG FIX. You need to revert Siphoning Attacks (with different return values) if you truly wish to go through with the change. Rather than increase the damage of the skill for the love of the eight just keep the skill as is or increase the cost by 200-300

Due to this + no more housing slots I'll be waiting until I re-sub for awhile.

How ever will zos survive without your $15 each month?!
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guest assignment cooldown is now set to 60 seconds.

Thank you!
    Edited by kookster on April 24, 2018 2:31AM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, unless I missed it, there was absolutely nothing that addressed crafter's concerns here regarding the inadequate number of jewelery nodes in the wild, the hope that they will separate out the jewelery nodes from the regular ore nodes and nothing about making the jewelery nodes easier to see? Maybe next week? Please, ZOS say something about this.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heavy attack fix.
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭

Nightblade
    • Siphoning
      • Strife: The animation from this ability and its morphs now plays faster, which should make it easier to weave with Light Attacks.

Not at all what we wanted. I'd rather have the lower cost than a BUG FIX. You need to revert Siphoning Attacks (with different return values) if you truly wish to go through with the change. Rather than increase the damage of the skill for the love of the eight just keep the skill as is or increase the cost by 200-300

Speak for yourself, I love the Strife change.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Maneuvers continues to be extremely problematic for me. In the first place, it still causes a dismount. On top of that, I am used to hitting sprint immediately after activating Rapids, and since Rapids now causes a lengthy dismount process, activating sprint while in that process causes my character to become stuck in sprint mode and the entire skill bar with Rapids to bug out.

While my character is stuck like this, every skill on the Rapids bar that I activate has its animation start but get cut off quickly, and its sound effect plays, but no attacks (including light or heavy) ever finish, and no damage is done (even against a trash mob standing in place). Skills on the back bar will go off and cause damage (though their animation likewise glitches out halfway through), but swapping bars does not resolve the problem.

My character remains stuck in sprint mode until I manually toggle it. Stamina fails to regenerate in this mode while standing still and starts to drain upon moving, even slowly. Normally slowing down or stopping takes my character out of sprint mode, and I can confirm that that's still the case when my character sprints on foot or while mounted (without bringing Rapids into the equation).

I can recreate the issue reliably by doing the same thing: mount, hit Rapids, and immediately hit sprint (while in the process of being dismounted). I use gamepad mode, but I can also recreate it with gamepad mode disabled. It does not seem to occur with other skills that cause a dismount (e.g. jabs), possibly because the dismount animation with those other skills is so short that it's impossible to activate sprint before the character hits the ground. The bug seems to occur while hitting sprint as one is being dismounted by Rapids specifically. It would presumably be forestalled by fixing the bug where Rapids causes a dismount.
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »

Midyear Mayhem Event

I believe those boxes contained the Akaviri motif. It will still grant them as part of the reward? Will the Ordinator one be included too?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you confirm this? I am needing Ordinator motifs and I don't want to waste my gold/AP if I have a chance from boxes...

Also:

Midyear Mayhem Event
      Is this going to be on PTS or live server? I keep hearing 2 different things on this.
      Edited by blur on April 24, 2018 1:11AM
    • ccfeeling
      ccfeeling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      4 years ... Strife finally fixed ...
    • LadyLethalla
      LadyLethalla
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Performance

Improved issues with framerate hitching when running through larger areas (such as cities) on quad-core or better PCs and consoles.
      Improved multithreading usage on quad-core PCs.

By "better consoles" I assume that is referring to XB1 and PS4 Pro. Will there be a similar performance improvement (ie the multithreading useage) on said better consoles as well?
      I've noticed framerate drops when running from the Maelstrom respawn shrine back toward the merchant. It's appalling - and that's neither a "large" nor populated area!
      Also when I purchased my PS4 Pro there was a slight improvement on loading screen times. I think now that they're longer than ever. :/

Please give us console plebs some love!

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    • Gilliamtherogue
      Gilliamtherogue
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Was it intended that the now unlocked Psijic Order skill line would not include ready to morph skills? All of the skills and passives are available to purchase with Skill Points, but none of them are leveled. I double checked to make sure there wasn't an Alliance War system where they leveled at accelerated rates, but sadly they were not.

It's incredibly time consuming as a content creator/tester to grind the skills on 5+ toons in order to share knowledge with the playerbase. Would there be any chance (if it wasn't intended at least) to have the skills be morphable right away any time soon?
      Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Avran_Sylt wrote: »
      xaraan wrote: »
      Also, did I miss it? Or was there a fix for Rapid Man. dismounting you and weapon swapping dismounting you?

@xaraan

While it was not listed, it appears to have been fixed.

Edit: My Mistake, simply put, the player can cast Rapids from Back Bar without issue.

Wait, not sure what you mean by cast from back bar - I forgot to test the skill when I was on PTS actually, but weapon swap still dismounted me.
      -- @xaraan --
      nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
      AD • NA • PC
    • blur
      blur
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also, did I miss it? Or was there a fix for Rapid Man. dismounting you and weapon swapping dismounting you?

@xaraan

Edit: My Mistake, simply put, the player can cast Rapids from Back Bar without issue.

Wait, not sure what you mean by cast from back bar - I forgot to test the skill when I was on PTS actually, but weapon swap still dismounted me.

Were you on a sorc or something with an ability like Bound Armor? The bug used to be revolved around mage light and other toggle skills, if you had them on only one bar, swapping would dismount.
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      blur wrote: »

@xaraan

Were you on a sorc or something with an ability like Bound Armor? The bug used to be revolved around mage light and other toggle skills, if you had them on only one bar, swapping would dismount.

No, it was a templar, magicka, swap between fire and lightning staff. I do have mage light on, but it was on both bars. Idk, I'll test it more next time I get on in case it was some weird coincidence as I was riding across SS, maybe passed some weird point that dismounted me.
      -- @xaraan --
      nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
      AD • NA • PC
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Was it intended that the now unlocked Psijic Order skill line would not include ready to morph skills? All of the skills and passives are available to purchase with Skill Points, but none of them are leveled. I double checked to make sure there wasn't an Alliance War system where they leveled at accelerated rates, but sadly they were not.

It's incredibly time consuming as a content creator/tester to grind the skills on 5+ toons in order to share knowledge with the playerbase. Would there be any chance (if it wasn't intended at least) to have the skills be morphable right away any time soon?

agree with this concern.

I'm certainly not going to grind up skills for hours to test something for a company for free. We are already bug testing stuff for you zos, please make it as easy as possible for us and not consume five times as much time as it should. The templates have gotten a lot better over time, but considering this was the only new skill line added, it really shouldn't have been overlooked.
      -- @xaraan --
      AD • NA • PC
    • blur
      blur
      ✭✭✭✭

@xaraan

No, it was a templar, magicka, swap between fire and lightning staff. I do have mage light on, but it was on both bars. Idk, I'll test it more next time I get on in case it was some weird coincidence as I was riding across SS, maybe passed some weird point that dismounted me.

The way the bug worked was when mage light was in use, remember, it was an active skill like bound armor or a sorc pet, but if you didnt have it on your other bar and swapped it would cause it to disappear. Unfortunately that action also caused a dismount. This shouldn't be an issue with magelight now as it's no longer a toggle. I was just wondering if it was related to that type of issue. In other words did you have a toggle of some sort on your bar?
    • xaraan
      xaraan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@xaraan

The way the bug worked was when mage light was in use, remember, it was an active skill like bound armor or a sorc pet, but if you didnt have it on your other bar and swapped it would cause it to disappear. Unfortunately that action also caused a dismount. This shouldn't be an issue with magelight now as it's no longer a toggle. I was just wondering if it was related to that type of issue. In other words did you have a toggle of some sort on your bar?

Not a double bar sort of skill, I think I had jabs on one bar and like wall on the other and then all the rest were just psijiic skills that I was leveling and mage light on both bars. If you tested it and said they fixed it, that's good enough for me. I just forgot to specifically look at the issue when I logged in earlier today and kind of dismissed the dismount as I had gotten use to it doing it to me last week when I weapon swapped.
      -- @xaraan --
      AD • NA • PC
    • Jaguar_SF
      Jaguar_SF
      ✭✭✭
      No IC changes? The DLC has been dead for years. 1 IC server instead of 3 would be good for a change. Separate it from Cyrodiil Queue
    • victoriana-blue
      victoriana-blue
      ✭✭✭✭

Midyear Mayhem Event
        Is this going to be on PTS or live server? I keep hearing 2 different things on this.
        This is unlocked on the PTS only. Last year's event was on Live in July.

(Edited to fix quote tags.)
        Edited by victoriana-blue on April 24, 2018 5:37AM
        CP 750+
        Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
      • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
        xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
        ✭✭✭

Nightblade
        • Siphoning

This. Granted it WAS a tad bit janky of an ability to weave but still. Siphoning Strikes buff > Strife buff.
        New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
        Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
        My little rant I guess?:
          One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
          Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
          Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
          • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
          • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
          • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
          • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
          • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
          • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
          • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
          • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
          • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
          • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
          • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
          • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
          • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
          • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
          • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
          • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
        • Soris
          Soris
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Thank you for the awesome presentation of templar bug fixes and increased animation speed of jabs. </3
          Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
        • ThanatosLex
          ThanatosLex
          ✭✭
          Added a box of Jewelry Crafting Survey Reports to the Ultimate Crafting Crate. We'd like you to try them out as they function a little differently from the survey reports for other tradeskills.

My knowledge of English is not good, and text instead of a picture is terrible

Jewelry Crafting Master Writs - legendary - 113 woucher, is ridiculous at the current price of 1000g / woucher
          Edited by ThanatosLex on April 24, 2018 6:46AM
        • Aldul
          Aldul
          ✭✭✭
          No Fix for the Insane 3 sec pot cooldown possibility due to additive stacking ?
          - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
          - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -