The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Let us choose where to start a new character

• Core
    Core
    Well, afaik, the Base ESO "edited" original beginning/tutorial starting point is no longer for sale, you could find it here & there, as i have, if so i recommend cost-wise the Gold Edition.

But it's nice to know that the ESO Base game + Morrowind is just $10, which gives the Morrowind beginning/tutorial starting point. The Elder Scrolls Online base game and the Morrowind® chapter. Buying a new account gives 8 more players/server as well.

Optional Base beginning content Add-ons:
    • Guilds&Glory 4-Pack 5500C (Imperial City+Orsinium+Thieves Guild+Dark Brotherhood,Palomino Horse mount? Costs 9500C if individually bought, part of the Gold Edition).
    • Imperial Edition Upgrade 2100C (Imperial Race,Ritual of Mara,Nibenay Mudcrab Pet,Imperial Horse Mount).
    • Warden Class 1500C (Part of Morrowind DLC, i'm not sure if part of the $10 ESO Base game + Morrowind).
    Optional Morrowind beginning content Add-ons:
    • Morrowind Collector's Pack 2100C (Discovery Pack(Exclusive Warden Costume,Dwarven Dog Pet,Treasure Maps,Crown Crate,Exp.Scrolls),Exclusive Grey War Bear,Dwarven Armored War Horse mount,Dwarven Spider Pet,Morag Tong Style,Bundle of character Emotes).
    Edited by Core on July 4, 2018 10:28PM
    Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?
  • Weirddevi
    Weirddevi
    Soul Shriven
    Core wrote: »
    Well, afaik, the Base ESO "edited" original beginning/tutorial starting point is no longer for sale, you could find it here & there, as i have, if so i recommend cost-wise the Gold Edition.

But it's nice to know that the ESO Base game + Morrowind is just $10, which gives the Morrowind beginning/tutorial starting point. The Elder Scrolls Online base game and the Morrowind® chapter. Buying a new account gives 8 more players/server as well.

Optional Base beginning content Add-ons:
    • Guilds&Glory 4-Pack 5500C (Imperial City+Orsinium+Thieves Guild+Dark Brotherhood,Palomino Horse mount? Costs 9500C if individually bought, part of the Gold Edition).
    • Imperial Edition Upgrade 2100C (Imperial Race,Ritual of Mara,Nibenay Mudcrab Pet,Imperial Horse Mount).
    • Warden Class 1500C (Part of Morrowind DLC, i'm not sure if part of the $10 ESO Base game + Morrowind).
    Optional Morrowind beginning content Add-ons:
    • Morrowind Collector's Pack 2100C (Discovery Pack(Exclusive Warden Costume,Dwarven Dog Pet,Treasure Maps,Crown Crate,Exp.Scrolls),Exclusive Grey War Bear,Dwarven Armored War Horse mount,Dwarven Spider Pet,Morag Tong Style,Bundle of character Emotes).

Correct me if im wrong here, but are you suggesting one have to buy an entirely new account if one wish to play the Morrowind beginning tutorial?
    This thread is about giving us the ability to choose what tutorial we wish to start with, instead of forcing us into one we don't want to play. I liked the Morrowind tutorial, but because I own Summerset, I wont be able to play it any more. If I am to buy an entirely new account JUST for that, then it's not worth it as I lose a lot of other things aswell, like costumes, the assistants one buys from the crownstore, mounts etc. A new account don't have all the things I've spent a long time collecting, some of which isn't even available anymore.
    Besides, some may like playing Summerset, but prefer the Morrowind tutorial. Buying another account simply for that is rather ridiculous.
  • Core
    Core
    Currently yes, but see here Thread post #57, we can hope all starting points become available in an update or i suppose a DLC.
    Edited by Core on July 5, 2018 10:24AM
    Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?
  • HammerbeardClan
    HammerbeardClan
    Soul Shriven
    Throwing another vote to allow players to choose a starting area, please & thank you.
  • Richard_Ralh
    Richard_Ralh
    ✭✭
    I agree. This should be integrated into the game. I prefer a linear progression starting with the Cold harbour tutorial. But because I purchased the bulk bundle for Symmetry, I am forced to start there everytime. Please allow us to choose our own start point, it shouldn't be that difficult to integrate. At the very least, make it an option available to ESO subscribers.
    Richard_Ralh