Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Initial reaction to Nightblade Changes

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who mains a NB in PVE "magic" and Stam NB in pvp I'm 100% fine with the changes because like all MMORPG games it's L2P or better yet learn to adapt to change
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who mains a NB in PVE "magic" and Stam NB in pvp I'm 100% fine with the changes because like all MMORPG games it's L2P or better yet learn to adapt to change

Of course we will - but that what is unique to the class is more and more taken from it and becomes more like the other classes. It is the play style which is wrecked by this more and more - the uniqueness of the class is more and more lost.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    source.gif

i guess i should just get used to things constantly changing and getting tweaked...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These rally don't seem bad. For my builds, I don't see them needing more than minor adjustments, if at all. And since I have been wanting to make a viable NB tank build, some of this makes me happy.

I've been through patches that so rektd my NB builds that I just went and made another character to play while I figured out what to do. I don't think I will have to do that this time. To me, these are mostly good changes plus I'm just getting used to them fiddling with NB meta all the effing time like crack addicts with their crack pipes.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** nightblades we need more nerfs.
    Master Debater
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    As much as I like to be able to heal myself - why is a cloak morph not providing cloak?- This is just silly and why is it healing me, if there are healer classes out there?- This is just taking away from their job and a cloak, which isn't cloaking, seriously?

Just one morph heals and doesn't cloak. Shadowy Disguise still cloaks.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Finally NB’s are getting what they deserve. They were long overdue for being looked at, to the point that the vast majority of DPS in PvE and PvP are Nightblades. It’s disgusting. Yours truly, a MagDK DPS.

One thinks you will be veh disappoint. These changes aren't bad at all. And NB's being the vast majority of DPS in PvP and PvE?? Yeah, that's a nope.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think leveling a pve nightblade will be horrible now with all these pvp nerfs... I guess mines going on the pile..

No people like you just stop playing them and play something else.. that's adapting right...
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 17, 2018 3:44AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    28h022.jpg
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB depends heavily on multi-procs of relentless for it's DPS. Without cheat engine (a big caveat here) I here that can only really happen with 1) perfect raid buffs 2) vamp regen 3) full Pot uptime 4) a lot of skill. With a 43% cost increase (and remember, this skill got both a 25% and 40% cost increase in the past that does not count the game wide morrowind resource destruction) that won't be possible (I'm assuming it is now since I have never been able to sustain to that degree myself). So really you are not talking about just a 9% decrease in your biggest class DOT and an utterly massive cost increase to your most unique and useful class skill but really a full destruction of the current DPS build and rotation.

Really, I expect those running cheat engine to just switch to force pulse and get a dps increase. Those not running cheat engine will just full heavy even more and see an even bigger dps decrease since NB's DOT's are rather weak.

I should also say that I consider Strife to be only an ok skill now. It is pretty low in both damage and heals though the DOT aspect of the heal and the allies healed are good in PVE. It is also reflect-able in PVP unlike the most similar comparisons force pulse and birds. It was once a really great skill (actually up until 1.6 it did a good deal more damage than force pulse) but after this will have undergone 3x cost increases (for a total of 250% increase), 3x heals nerfs, removal of it's good ulti-regen aspects, and at least 1 damage nerf. At that point it will be solidly a bad skill and without it mNB will basically be without class heals as nobody takes the healing path morph because it has terrible damage and sap essence really hasn't healed since it's scaling was removed (I haven't actually used sap since that nerf either).

I doubt that I will play mNB in either PVP or PVE after this and I have played it the vast majority since beta. The total sum of it's upsides will be: cloak in PVP and 100% major expedition in PVE (swift jewelry will probably make this moot.) That is not much to recommend it. I will probably pick up either sorc or warden as I have always valued versatility. I suspect bomb blades will still be a bombing and CE users will likely continue to play it because of the major expedition value in vAS but for my ranged mNB that already dosen't sustain well enough to do the whole multi proc thing the class was really on the edge of being not great already in will certainly be bad now.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I've almost finished levelling a new PvP magblade I'm not happy about the change to Refreshing Path :(
    but it is only 5%, so I guess I can live with that.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Finally NB’s are getting what they deserve. They were long overdue for being looked at, to the point that the vast majority of DPS in PvE and PvP are Nightblades. It’s disgusting. Yours truly, a MagDK DPS.

What's a MagDK? :trollface:
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    All other classes accept the changes B)

"Is this a nerf Sorc thread", "StamDKs are dead", "Templars are useless as DDs" and "Wardens are garbage in PvE",
    ....where are all these other classes that don't complain?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBs literally have nothing to complain about.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    NBs literally have nothing to complain about.

Pretty much this

However I fail to understand how stamblade seem to remain untouched
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really really dislike that they made malevolent offering into a crappy version of BoL. I was okay with making it a burst heal and changing the selfdamage into a dot, but I absolutely hate that it is now a "smart" heal. This means that in pvp you will end up healing some random zergling in stead of yourself and ending up with a nasty dot. If I take the risk to damage myself, I damn well want that heal to land on whoever I want it to.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please take a look at the real BOMB here?

Shadow image is castable without the need of a target.

SO HYPED

Good lord, salt will never taste so sweet
    Edited by Didaco on April 17, 2018 5:53AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has been on a mission to completely ruin the Nightblade class. I wish they would put as much effort into fixing their bugs and performance issues. There is no rhyme nor reason for any of their upcoming changes to the Nightblade class and they know it. But they have to screw things up as usual.
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    The pitchfork mobs shouted enough resulting in these changes. A NB being an offensive class would prompt much pvpers to build one, that makes sense. Classes specialize a characteristic that makes them unique, and slowly changing the NBs uniqueness may be too much further resulting in a class with limited dps options within their own skill line. Nerfing will cause your player base to dwindle.
    #NoEasyProps
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another class has only crushing shock as vialable magicka spammable available. This is true diversity!
    When I compare mSorc and mNB parses from Alcast, I can't see twisting path overperforming compared either with elemental wall or other class AOE DOTs.
    COyILgt.png

In my oppinion, these nerfs affect the average mNB player much more than the Pros which I think is just bad. For instance limiting the proc of merciless resolve to two per cast would be more effective to limit some overperforming top players.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will these nerfs bring this nightblade infestation down to a manageable level? Really we need to focus on figuring out how they breed so fast. Large litters perhaps? The current overpopulation of around 50% of No CP and 35% of CP represents a serious problem as the NBs have run out of opponents and even begun cannabalizing each other.

I, for one, feel sorry for our dim-witted cousins. A good culling is long overdue lest they fight themselves into extinction and take their environment with them/
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Will these nerfs bring this nightblade infestation down to a manageable level?
    No, from my point of few these changes have very little influence on pvp but hurt pve mainly.

• MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, from my point of few these changes have very little influence on pvp but hurt pve mainly.

well wouldn't it significantly hurt mag nb's who use swallow soul as their main spammable?

to me this seems like it hurts mag NB's for PVE and PVP, but buffs stam NB's (since they have access to a way better shadow image).

Lotus fan nerf from 70-40% i guess makes sense...but not many people were even using it
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another class has only crushing shock as vialable magicka spammable available. This is true diversity!
    When I compare mSorc and mNB parses from Alcast, I can't see twisting path overperforming compared either with elemental wall or other class AOE DOTs.
    COyILgt.png

In my oppinion, these nerfs affect the average mNB player much more than the Pros which I think is just bad. For instance limiting the proc of merciless resolve to two per cast would be more effective to limit some overperforming top players.

Yes as Gilliamtherogue said in PTS video about that , "stupid nerf" .

Also malificant offering health loss is scaling off therm so that's a waste too . Lol
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on April 17, 2018 7:44AM
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    to me this seems like it hurts mag NB's for PVE and PVP, but buffs stam NB's (since they have access to a way better shadow image).

You're right, I just thought about the twisting path nerf with my comment above. Of course swallow souls change affects mNBs in PVE & PVP

I can't find a "PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Nightblade Balance" Thread yet. Did I overlook it, or is there just none?
    If not @ZOS_GinaBruno could you create one and maybe add the comments of this thread there?
    Edited by Rair.Kitani on April 17, 2018 7:47AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well wouldn't it significantly hurt mag nb's who use swallow soul as their main spammable?

Lotus fan nerf from 70-40% i guess makes sense...but not many people were even using it

That movement debuff hardly ever worked . Block and dodge would make it never go off . Unreliable ability nerfed further .
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, how terrible. It will now take 2% longer to defeat a trial boss! How will we cope? What about the children??

Oh god, WHY?!?!?!?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You're right, I just thought about the twisting path nerf with my comment above. Of course swallow souls change affects mNBs in PVE & PVP

I can't find a "PTS Update 18 - Feedback Thread for Nightblade Balance" Thread yet. Did I overlook it, or is there just none?
    If not @ZOS_GinaBruno could you create one and maybe add the comments of this thread there?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407078/pts-update-18-feedback-thread-for-nightblade-balance#latest :)
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, how terrible. It will now take 2% longer to defeat a trial boss! How will we cope? What about the children??

Oh god, WHY?!?!?!?

Thank you for your well thought out yet funny reply. I appreciate your constructive feedback. Remember that things which don't matter to you, might be important for others. For now, I'll stop feeding...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh god, WHY?!?!?!?

Thogard ,we get it you hate Nightblades ok . Let the Nightblades discuss the nerfs without the little kid sarcasm . This is a initial reaction thread designed to pinpoint exactly what to put to numbers in PTS and I guarantee we will try our damndist to get that 50% increase to strife down to something more reasonable for all players not just battle ground meta players . Chill .