The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Combat Balance & Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and gameplay balance or abilities in this thread. Please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW Light Attacks have not been scaled to the new Stamina ratio.

Live:
    rlvxqo03amz0.png
    PTS:
    67t70j2s6qdc.png
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 16, 2018 9:34PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ballista morph of the bow ultimate completely ignores the spellwall. Not only the reflect but also block
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on damage shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot proc defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 16, 2018 10:02PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot apply defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects

Yes please. This ruins charged weapons against any Sorc/MNB
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot apply defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects

Yes please. This ruins charged weapons against any Sorc/MNB
  • Pennytence
    Pennytence
    ✭✭✭
    The Silver Leash morph does not respect CC immunity in duels.
    PC/EU/AD

Penitence Ildth - Bosmer Dragonknight Tank
    Amity Jelain - Breton Necro Tank
    Lynnea Elmrun - Bosmer Stamblade

Officer in Scions of Dawn

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar swap while mounted forces you to de-mount. Testing in both Cyro and pve areas.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The old "Invalid Location" Bolt Escape bug is back.

Haven't uploaded the video of it yet, but it's seemingly exactly the same as the old Invalid Location bug back from Thieves Guild PTS, which you can see here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvVOFw2u7pk

It's easily duplicatable, just walk around anywhere and start blinking. It triggers especially often if you are blinking towards an object close enough that it would block the path of the streak.

Could this perhaps be a side effect of the Ball of Light fix regarding absorbing channels? Is it possible that old code was used for the fix, only that old code also has the old invalid target bug??
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on April 16, 2018 11:21PM
  • VicRedguard
    VicRedguard
    ✭✭
    Cannot claim any level up rewards for newly created Redguard Sorcerer (EP) going thru tutorial.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill Charging Maneuver in pvp line Dismounts you if used
    not sure if other morphs do it or not
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it was never fixed on live I suppose that Debilitate skills from different players still override each other so only one can be active on a target at the same time. This makes the skill utter garbage in any content.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My precise enchant on my weapon is saying 7000% crit chance
  • LadyHermione
    LadyHermione
    ✭✭✭
    When using Rapid Maneuver and its morphs on a mount, dismounts you. As well as Bar Swapping.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I tested :
    • Switching weapon and using rapids dismount you, and this is extremely horrible :sweat:
    • Streak is BUGGED I SPAM IT 8 TIMES DESTROYING MY MAGICKA POOL AND I'M STILL AT THE SAME LOCATION
    • There is a bug with Rune cage/fossilize : in duel, I wan't able to use rune cage at all (no cc immunity on the player), unslotting and restolling the ability didn't changed anything, and it's problematic.
    Edited by Aedaryl on April 17, 2018 3:41AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Live:
    rlvxqo03amz0.png
    PTS:
    67t70j2s6qdc.png

Their heavy attack HA restore wasn't rescaled with Morrowind as well.

WW still has a disorient, a status effect that that has otherwise been completely removed from the game.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    When using Rapid Maneuver and its morphs on a mount, dismounts you. As well as Bar Swapping.

Was about to write about that :p
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »

Live:
    rlvxqo03amz0.png
    PTS:
    67t70j2s6qdc.png

The WW on the 2nd picture looks kinda sad tbh. And I understand why :(
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Haven't uploaded the video of it yet, but it's seemingly exactly the same as the old Invalid Location bug back from Thieves Guild PTS, which you can see here:

It's easily duplicatable, just walk around anywhere and start blinking. It triggers especially often if you are blinking towards an object close enough that it would block the path of the streak.

Could this perhaps be a side effect of the Ball of Light fix regarding absorbing channels? Is it possible that old code was used for the fix, only that old code also has the old invalid target bug??

It’s listed in the 4.0.0 patch notes as known issue.
    Sorcerer
    Bolt Escape may get stuck and not teleport when you cast it on uneven terrain or stairs.
    Edited by Feanor on April 17, 2018 6:25AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf:

Unchained Passive still doesn´t work while in werewolf form.
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    The AvA Speedbuff (rapid maneuver) dismounts you everytime you cast it. Needs a fix :)
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snare and root poisons ignore any form of root and snare immunity in the game. Most noteably rooted in mistform, snared directly after activating Forward Momentum.

@Zos_Soundmaster Ballista and Assassin's will don't have any audio cue anymore which makes them much harder to avoid
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf is having issues as well. The pack leader morph of the ultimate doesn’t persist after death leaving the morph useless after a res (pets stop working). Also, the Unchained passive (the one that reduces the stamina cost of one move by 80%) doesn’t apply any longer to werewolf abilities. Third, the claws of life/anguish morphs are an AOE but they remain as dodgeable moves despite the dodge overhaul in previous patches. Fourth, the heavy attack is an AOE that is both dodgeable, and has an animation twice as long as it takes to deal damage or gain stam. Fifth, the heavy attacks possibly aren't returning correct value as you only obtain 6k stam in heavy armor with 100% increase (normal builds get 3-5k stam on heavies). Lastly, werewolf light and heavies aren’t being scaled with the new light attack and heavy attack system causing incorrect damage numbers in combat. Please fix this miss @ZOS_GinaBruno.

I have several videos showcasing the bugs existing with werewolf and a few nightblade skills right here:
    Edited by Wuuffyy on April 27, 2018 3:16PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

Yep. While the distance part is bugged I can confirm it's at least stunning enemies around me when used.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on damage shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot proc defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects

This is an intended effect

Also a lore friendly affect
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching weapons while mounted and using the skill rapid maneuver and its morphs, dismounts you
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • jaster98
    jaster98
    ✭✭
    Bound aegis only provides the 8% max magicka on the front bar, regardless if its slotted on both bars. the resistances buff does however work as intended
  • suttorane
    suttorane
    Soul Shriven
    While heavy attacking on my mag sorc lightning staff it will just do the animation but not do any damage. I believe this happens when ever you do a skill and then switch targets with a heavy attack
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    The heavy attack target on lightning staff / resto staff is broken.

Destro staff on live: automatically going off when target comes in focus
    https://youtu.be/kVQkG4RivLc

Destro staff on pts: not going off when started before target was in focus, not even after focusing
    https://youtu.be/4QXwY5TPQbc

[I dont know how to embed this videos, copying the iframe links youtube generates doesnt work]
    Edited by schattenkind on April 19, 2018 8:34AM
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For 2 patches already, dodge roll canceling scattershot/draining shot causes target to be knocked back but not stunned. Results in no heal for the user and no CC immunity for the victim.