Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Update 18 - Bug Reports for Combat Balance & Abilities

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching weapons while mounted and using the skill rapid maneuver and its morphs, dismounts you

More details. Rapid Maneuvers doesn’t dismount my DK (I’ve seen other reports that it’s class-specific), and swapping to Bow from 1H+S does dismount my DK, but swapping from Bow to S&B doesn’t cause a dismount.
    Options
  • pywackit11
    After dying I can not spawn bear until I die again. I've tested the bug several times and it happens 9 times out of 10.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've already said this in the Nightblade feedback post, but due to all the clutter maybe its better placed here again:

For Malevolent Offering on Nightblades
    The animation is buggy. Contrary to the "smart heal" changes, apparently you still need to directly have you crosshair on the target it chooses or the animation bugs out and it behaves more like a channel. You are stuck in an animation with your hand up and you cannot do anything. You have to block cancel to get out of the animation. This further lowers the value of the skill.

This can be triggered pretty reliably by aiming at the ground or empty space and spamming the skill.

The skill also stacks the health debuffs if no one is healed. This is the case because you cannot be healed by the skill. This is testable by spamming the skill with no one else around. I'm not sure if that is intended, but maybe the design team intended to only have the skill apply.
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on damage shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot proc defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects

This is an intended effect

Also a lore friendly affect

If its indeed intended could you show me the moderator comment saying as such? Because there is nothing in game's help section stating that damage shields completely negate the secondary status effects.

ee9KBAJ.png

Balancewise this would pave way for people to use the Charged trait or Asylum Destruction Staves.
    Oh and I dont even want to get into the lore discussion because PVP combat system wasnt designed for roleplaying.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden Bear ultimate is not generating properly. Seemed to be working alright earlier this afternoon, but was hardly working at all tonight.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already sent a bug report in-game, but in case its not seen:

Restoration staffs are broken, even with the crosshair on targets, or dead in the target's face:

Scenario 1: Cannot be properly aimed
    Scenario 2: Cannot be channeled
    Scenario 3: Do not return any resources back (probably because of 1 & 2)
    Scenario 4: Resto heavy attack channel does not begin if started before the crosshair is on the target. (start in empty space, hold down attack button and guide the restoration staff over the target, restoration staff's channel will not work.)

I've checked and made sure it wasn't lag and I have asked others to try it out. They have confirmed this is a problem. None of these behaviors occur on the Live server, only on the PTS. This problem may affect lightning staves as well, it does not appear to affect frost or flame staves.

I actually think this bug may affect Templar Jabs as well. In order to aim the skill, you have to jab off-center or it randomly doesn't affect the targets(s). Perhaps this bug actually affects all channeled abilities right now except people aren't noticing it yet...
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heavy attack target on lightning staff / resto staff is broken.

Destro staff on live: automatically going off when target comes in focus
    https://youtu.be/kVQkG4RivLc

Destro staff on pts: not going off when started before target was in focus, not even after focusing
    https://youtu.be/4QXwY5TPQbc

[I dont know how to embed this videos, copying the iframe links youtube generates doesnt work]

I noticed this too. I was wondering why my character was somehow stuck in a heavy attack without doing anything really, but i was pressing the heavy attack before i was really targeting the npc.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Secondary status effects cannot be procced on damage shields. For example Lethal Arrow can apply defile to shields but any disease damage skill cannot proc defile. This also applies to Asylum stave's 100% chance to proc elemental effects

This is an intended effect

Also a lore friendly affect

If its indeed intended could you show me the moderator comment saying as such? Because there is nothing in game's help section stating that damage shields completely negate the secondary status effects.

ee9KBAJ.png

Balancewise this would pave way for people to use the Charged trait or Asylum Destruction Staves.
    Oh and I dont even want to get into the lore discussion because PVP combat system wasnt designed for roleplaying.

I´ve gotten a reply from wrobel himself on that and it is intentional that dmg shields negate elemental effects. Can is quote PNs?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Mrakodol
    Mrakodol
    Soul Shriven
    Sometimes the city guards no longer use light attacks and infinitely castout stun ability. From time to time they try to inflict heavy attacks. Usually after 2-3 minutes of such "fight", they run away on the positions.
    Options
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    The new silver leash will automatically pull in targets hit with the skill. This includes players. Essentially, yoi can spam this skill on a player until you run out of stamina and they will continue to be pulled by you. A major problem is that it does not grant cc immunity to the target, thus allowing the pull to be spammed. Silver Leash is DK chains but actually usable. I really hope they add a cc immunity to it as the initial pull stuns you and does not grant immunity meaning a zerg of stamina characters can zerg you down with no way to escape.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heavy attack target on lightning staff / resto staff is broken.

Destro staff on live: automatically going off when target comes in focus
    https://youtu.be/kVQkG4RivLc

Destro staff on pts: not going off when started before target was in focus, not even after focusing
    https://youtu.be/4QXwY5TPQbc

[I dont know how to embed this videos, copying the iframe links youtube generates doesnt work]

I noticed this as well. This is very very concerning as this breaks those staves completely. It's not easy to tell sometimes when you should be firing a heavy attack but are not due to this.

Specifically, trying this on a sorcerer using boundless storm and lightning flood and blockade of storms makes it very very hard to even tell if you are firing your lightning staff heavy attack. I've run out of resources a lot more often with this bug than I should be.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 22, 2018 10:01AM
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Purifying light healing bonus only ticking once, as soon as the final damage tick goes off. Not healing for the 6 seconds as the tooltip states.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get some insight as to what the combat team sees as the endgame for Werewolf for PVE? Like Is there even an end goal for WW enthusiast for some of the harder 4 man content much less 12 man stuff?
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying light healing bonus only ticking once, as soon as the final damage tick goes off. Not healing for the 6 seconds as the tooltip states.

WHOA!
    That's a major problem. Templars already were more difficult to play, for me, after the Homestead/Morrowind sustain nerfs but this will really hurt.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WHOA!
    That's a major problem. Templars already were more difficult to play, for me, after the Homestead/Morrowind sustain nerfs but this will really hurt.

It does healing properly but there is another problem that I hope is bug - reapply PL no longer proc healing pool, if target is died before PL explode - healing pool not procing either. This is indeed serious problem.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

WHOA!

It does healing properly but there is another problem that I hope is bug - reapply PL no longer proc healing pool, if target is died before PL explode - healing pool not procing either. This is indeed serious problem.

Sounds like how it used to behave.
    Options
  • rowanspring
    rowanspring
    Soul Shriven
    A couple of things I noted were, fighting the monsters in dungeons seemed to fall through the walls or the floor. Sometimes several would do it and then the next time it would be fine. Also when mounting and dismounting became very glitchy almost like a shudder. I noticed it when dismounting on the Camel and mounting the night mare horse. So far those two have been an issue. The mounts will go to a grid form, shudder and the frame slides to the left. Then it stabilizes and then you can proceed riding.
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unsure if I should place this here or not but something I observed on the Live client is that Spiked Bone shield's damage return value of 33% is effected by Elemental Expert CP. I can understand it being effected by Master-At-Arms due to it's direct damage nature, but it does not benefit from the Mighty CP node. If that's the case, why does Elemental Expert effect this skill?

- Additionally, I believe the synergy from this skill should also grant the player casting this ability a shield 100% of their health as well.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 22, 2018 4:19PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.

Yes, it does.
    It sounds like every new cast is overwriting it, which was how it worked over a year ago, I think. If it is overwritten then of course the previous cast is no longer there to apply a healing pool.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.

Yes, it does.
    It sounds like every new cast is overwriting it, which was how it worked over a year ago, I think. If it is overwritten then of course the previous cast is no longer there to apply a healing pool.

1. Currently if you recast PL before previous exploded - it apply healing pool of previous cast. On pts it no longer work that way.
    2. Currently if apply PL and enemy died before it exploded - it still explode into proc of healing pool, allowing to stay near corpse to get healing. On pts it no longer work that way.
    Recap: bug or ninja nerf but this make skill much less reliable.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.

Yes, it does.

1. Currently if you recast PL before previous exploded - it apply healing pool of previous cast. On pts it no longer work that way.
    2. Currently if apply PL and enemy died before it exploded - it still explode into proc of healing pool, allowing to stay near corpse to get healing. On pts it no longer work that way.

It's a bug. They definitely had it not apply the healing pool before when enemies died and patched it saying "fixed an issue where Purifying Light would not apply the healing pool when an enemy died while affected".
    I remember that change well.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.

Yes, it does.

It's a bug. They definitely had it not apply the healing pool before when enemies died and patched it saying "fixed an issue where Purifying Light would not apply the healing pool when an enemy died while affected".

Yes PTS Patch Notes v2.1 says:
    purify_bug.jpg
    So I hope this terrible bug will be fixed before it goes live.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WHOA!

no.

Yes, it does.

Yes PTS Patch Notes v2.1 says:
    purify_bug.jpg
    So I hope this terrible bug will be fixed before it goes live.

Thanks for finding it. I gave up. My Google-fu is strong, but my forum-fu is hampered by the crappy search and no easy way to sort threads by date created.
    Options
  • SenorCrouch
    SenorCrouch
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed is that when I cast Rapid Maneuvers and Charging Maneuvers while mounted it de-mounts me.
    "What's the cross roads of Alessia Castle? I am trying to get pizza delivered."
    Options
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread sorry ;x <3
    Edited by Sarjako on April 22, 2018 8:13PM
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I noticed a lot of the monsters are larger than the doorways in many locations (psijic, sapiarch, undercroft etc.)

My tank has low damage so I try to pull all the enemies together with the new silver leash and try to AoE them down. But trying to pull enemies through too small doors leads to a bunch of bugs.
    Options
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapid Maneuvers and all of its morphs will now dismount you if casted while mounted. I'm fairly certain this isn't not intentional, as nothing was listed in patch notes.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments for baiting. Friendly reminder that baiting is against our forum rules. Please keep comments constructive and on topic. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post