Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.0

• Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭
    u4skq4tjfkqj.png

I would be interested why it appears that 2-handed light attacks appear to be nerfed yet the light attack of the other weapons got a buff. Could his possibly have just been a misprint in the notes? Sometimes it can be very difficult to get answers to questions in the feedback forums.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyreal1974 wrote: »
    u4skq4tjfkqj.png

I would be interested why it appears that 2-handed light attacks appear to be nerfed yet the light attack of the other weapons got a buff. Could his possibly have just been a misprint in the notes? Sometimes it can be very difficult to get answers to questions in the feedback forums.

I dont understand this either, I tested the light atks of dw vs 2h on exact same stat and 2h light atks hit for 2130 and dw atks hit for 2148. Uncrits. So dw now deal slightly more dmg on LA then 2h, it used to be the other way around since dw light atk can be hit much faster vs 2h (if you only spam light atks)

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • GazettE
    GazettE
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    u4skq4tjfkqj.png

I dont understand this either, I tested the light atks of dw vs 2h on exact same stat and 2h light atks hit for 2130 and dw atks hit for 2148. Uncrits. So dw now deal slightly more dmg on LA then 2h, it used to be the other way around since dw light atk can be hit much faster vs 2h (if you only spam light atks)

Its classic

ZOS #Logic
    561+ CP

Sorcerers - Stamina - Magicka - Stormproof

Templar - Magicka - Healer

NightBlade - Magicka - DPS
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    u4skq4tjfkqj.png

zos nerfed 2h light and heavy attack dmg, while buffing dw light attack but nerfing heavy attack dmg
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, streak appears to be bugged again like before. I can use streak and the character does not move, but i still lose my magicka
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Feralmyst
    Feralmyst
    ✭✭
    Glad I hung onto my gold Night Mother's gear :smiley: and, most importantly, having the 2H weps count as 2 items for sets is the most awesome ESO news of 2018! So many fun gear combos to try

#maketamrielgreatagain
    12XX CP

Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highnds wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please explain the logic of nerfing two-handed light attacks if staff and one-handed weapon light attacks are getting a buff in damage??? This question has come up multiple times by multiple players on this post and the forums and I've yet to see one response about it....did I miss something?

@ZOS_JesC can I please have some clarity on my previous post??? ^^^

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Wrobel and anyone else on the ZOS team....

All I want is a simple answer to help me and other players understand why light attacks for everything else is buffed, but the 2h light attack damage is nerfed. Can someone please explain?

Because all weapons do different damage for light and heavy attacks based on animation time and range.
    2-handed was stronger than everything else, so they nerfed it to be like everything else.
    Options
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please explain the logic of nerfing two-handed light attacks if staff and one-handed weapon light attacks are getting a buff in damage??? This question has come up multiple times by multiple players on this post and the forums and I've yet to see one response about it....did I miss something?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Wrobel and anyone else on the ZOS team....

All I want is a simple answer to help me and other players understand why light attacks for everything else is buffed, but the 2h light attack damage is nerfed. Can someone please explain?

Because all weapons do different damage for light and heavy attacks based on animation time and range.
    2-handed was stronger than everything else, so they nerfed it to be like everything else.

Why has to be everything like everything else? Then why have diferent weapons or classes?
    Edited by caperon on April 19, 2018 3:03PM
    Options
  • WhipSmartMcoy
    WhipSmartMcoy
    ✭✭✭
    "Abilities should be low damage and cc, or high damage with no cc"

Incap lol

I know its an ult but I found that amusing
    Options
  • highnds
    highnds
    ✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

Why has to be everything like everything else? Then why have diferent weapons or classes?

Obviously they are more concerned with the look instead of the effectiveness. 2h light attack damage shouldn't be like everything else, it should hit harder than a dagger or a mace, or an axe or sword, because it's a much bigger weapon with more force behind it when swung.
    Options
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Psijic Glowglobe Emote is earned by finding its seven Runebox Fragments from the Sunhold Public Dungeon, and combining them into a Runebox.

I have yet to get 1 item to drop was in sunhold for about a hr -only one there so i had allot of mobs to kill with pretty much no down time + boss's and group event boss none drop any runebox stuff

Options
  • kraz523
    kraz523
    Soul Shriven
    I've had some problems with delves. If it is just me please let me know. First off I stuck with my regular player and it opened up like 20 + levels lower than what I actually am. Archon's Grove Delve I could not use my bear in there... he just disappeared altogether. I couldn't find a boss and in none of the delves I came to was it marked on a map. Traitor's Vault I didn't even find a boss. and in Tor-Hame-Kard and Wasten Coralhome I killed the boss and got no Complete at the end of killing the boss so I got no credit for all four of the above listed delves which I find frustrating. And all but one were missing skyhards or I simply couldn't find them. One other problem I have come across is that I wanted to try out the Jewelry crafting thing that is now offered but it doesn't tell you anywhere where you can find the mats.
    Options
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the concept of the new Empower increasing the damage of your next light attack by 40% only. In my opinion it should increase the damage of your next heavy attack too. Something like: Empower increases the damage of your next light/heavy attack by 30%/15% (40% could actually be too high for a light attack and definitely too much for heavy attacks). It's a good change, that Empower doesn't increase any damage anymore.
    Edited by Bodycounter on April 20, 2018 8:26AM
    Options
  • STORMCROW0707
    STORMCROW0707
    ✭✭
    I just want some more 'magic' themed emotes. All we have is 'ritual' at the moment
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want some more 'magic' themed emotes. All we have is 'ritual' at the moment

You forget about /juggleflame
    But, I do want everything more magical also.
    Options
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff Khajiit 2018

Also on a positive note, I love the new trial. Initially I was worried since it "was like Asylum" but was pleasantly surprised. The new mechanics are fun and interesting, very different than anything currently in the game.
    Edited by beetleklee on April 20, 2018 11:08PM
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
    Options
  • provkinse
    provkinse
    ✭✭
    Really don't understand why Sunderflame + Nightmother's Gaze RIP?! O_O
    Options
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    NA gets copied again? D: I've waited forever for the EU characters to copied on the PTS :/
    Options
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Emperors associated with closed Campaigns will now find they are Former Emperors." - worth to comeback, game should be lagfree now without zergfest for sure!
    brb downloading, oh wait... nvm.

Some changes for changes, instead of fixing your broken piece of crappy pvp after 4 years and improving the servers, gege not surprised. Keep going
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Zariah wrote: »
    NA gets copied again? D: I've waited forever for the EU characters to copied on the PTS :/

It is usually always 2 weeks NA and 2 Weeks EU.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
    Options
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Patch v4.0.1, I'm excited to see what alterations may be coming, yet also afraid some of those complaints won't be addressed, or if they are then not properly or not at all.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With Patch v4.0.1, I'm excited to see what alterations may be coming, yet also afraid some of those complaints won't be addressed, or if they are then not properly or not at all.

Week 2 changes are always bugfixes.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • kraz523
    kraz523
    Soul Shriven
    I beta tested and although I felt honored to be picked to participate I don't understand why we weren't compensated at all. I thought maybe we would get a copy of Summerset and those who already bought it would get the equivalent in crowns.
    Options
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of seeing the collectible item limits going up in the other houses as well? I know my husband's Mournoth Keep is full, since he made a trophy room and has pets, and he'd have to remove trophies or pets to put in the chests.
    Edited by Shadowdream on April 24, 2018 9:57PM
    Options
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    kraz523 wrote: »
    I beta tested and although I felt honored to be picked to participate I don't understand why we weren't compensated at all. I thought maybe we would get a copy of Summerset and those who already bought it would get the equivalent in crowns.

haha Compensated for what? testing? No one forced you to participate in the testing did they, you CHOSE to take part so why would they compensate you or feel they needed to ........ and with a copy of the Expansion!!!

Are you drunk, high or both?
    Options
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Animal Companions
    Deep Fissure (Scorch morph): This morph no longer stuns the closest enemy hit. It now applies Major Breach to all enemies hit for 5 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    In the same vein that snare abilities should either be short and powerful or long and weak, abilities should be low damage and CC, or high damage and no CC.

So what about Incap? It deals tons of damage, it stuns, MAJOR DEFILE, aaaaand +20% damage for target? Maybe it should do only stun +20%, without crazy dmg and defile? Or dmg and stun. It should be nerfed in your philosophy.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Templar got HUGE nerfhammer on the groin. -10% crit heals, weaker breath of life and empowered change. Only got super expensive instant heal for pve and pvp.

Templars still have straw house concept for defence. No mobility and now way defend yourself even in your small hobo cartboard hut. Now you can only heal less in that hut when smacked with sledgehammer. Just terrible.
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BrianWheeler

I'm not able to participate on the PTS, but I was hoping for a change to the Alliance war capture quests? I think these shouldn't be capture "Any" 3 keeps, or resources etc. But to have them be specific. I think this would help even more in spreading out the forces around the map. I might also suggest making them non-shareable. This way some larger guild group won't be sharing the same keep over and over, and they'll have to travel out of their comfort zone once in awhile.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mjtilldup9wt.jpg

z9yjfn2a0i87.png

[*]Increased the amount of CPU cores used by the client, which will improve the overall framerate for players on mid- to high-end CPUs. This will be most notable in PvP or graphically intense scenarios.

Surprised I'm the first to point this one out. I'm really excited about that, and have been hoping they would make the engine more multithreaded. It basically has been using just one or two cores tops. Very eager to get on the PTS and see how the utilization is on my new 8700K :smile:
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    @BrianWheeler

I'm not able to participate on the PTS, but I was hoping for a change to the Alliance war capture quests? I think these shouldn't be capture "Any" 3 keeps, or resources etc. But to have them be specific. I think this would help even more in spreading out the forces around the map. I might also suggest making them non-shareable. This way some larger guild group won't be sharing the same keep over and over, and they'll have to travel out of their comfort zone once in awhile.

IIrc there was a time when you had one specific keep/ressource in those quests. But back then noone cared about it and it was more like a bonus if you capture it, and not a real objective to go for.
    Noobplar
    Options