Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is your favorite mount so far?

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I'd picked up the dapple grey palfrey when it was sold in the crown store.

I was pretty evenly torn between that and the white mane horse, picked the white mane and then missed the warning that the dapple grey was being removed. If I'd known I'd have gotten that one first and the white mane later.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    Zombie horse from the Halloween event. Best looking mount in the game if I say so myself.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Wild Hunt Horse; kinda reminds me of a deer due to the antlers.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A camel. Any camel. I need one in my life. BEST. MOUNT. EVER.

even though they're technically dromedaries

(I am very much a horse person but this game's horses make me want to stab myself in the eye they look chibified it's terrible)

But the camels

The CAMELS*

TRUE BEAUTY
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not got it but this seasons crown crates bear mount is *** gorgeous.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witch-Knight Charger is still my favorite, and only my main is allowed to ride it.

I’m also very fond of the Shadowghost wolf my Dunmer rides, and my Nord Warden is proud of her Frostbane bear.

I tried so hard to get a Wild Hunt horse for my Breton witch, but alas... She got the camel.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Striped Senche-Tiger and the Midnight Steed are at the top, but I also like the Dwarven Spider and the Black Senche-Lion.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the camels. My main is a Redguard and I pounced on the first camel with glee. Much more recently I finally had enough crown gems (from all the free crates) to get the Black Camel of Ill Omen. I've seen people riding the white one and that looks pretty awesome as well but the black one works best for me.

I'd love the sparkle horse too, for my Altmer, but ZoS dropped the ball on that by pricing it so high right before Outfits came out. I, like others, was saving my crowns for outfit slots until I found out how terribly priced they were, at which point I would have gotten the horse except for it being gone from the store as of the outfit system release.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Hunt Guar. All the greeny leaves flying around combined with the guar jumping like boing boing <3
    PC|EU
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think any of the Wild Hunt mounts. All are so pretty and fit perfectly with Wardens.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    Witch-Knight Charger is still my favorite, and only my main is allowed to ride it.
    Yes, that's very nice horse, great details, one of my chars rides it.

Danikat wrote: »
    I wish I'd picked up the dapple grey palfrey when it was sold in the crown store.

I was pretty evenly torn between that and the white mane horse, picked the white mane and then missed the warning that the dapple grey was being removed. If I'd known I'd have gotten that one first and the white mane later.

I really would like that one to make a return and the Yokudan horse (ZOS, bring back these horsey!).
    I wasn't playing yet this game at the times they were available, so I never had a chance to get them. When I see players riding them, I so hope they will be back in store :/
    Edited by RANKK7 on April 15, 2018 9:08PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • LanceFoxMcCloud
    LanceFoxMcCloud
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's either the Dark Stag, or the Hearthfire Kagouti. Depends which character I'm on.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Pit wolf and Dwarven Senche all day, eerr day
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    I love my Banded Guar Charger! He is very cute and fat and his legs look hilarious at max mount speed.

The 'Unicorn' is amazing too, but the horse animations aren't as smooth as the guar ones.
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Chroma-Blue Dwarven Spider Mount.

Didn't have my computer during the Dwarven Spider Mount's brief appearance which felt sucky to miss (like the Naryu personality.) So I was pleased as punch when it's blue trimmed brother showed up for sale when I got my computer back =P
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any that doesn't make an annoying sound when pressing sprint
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Palomino horse is my favorite overall, but I also really like the White Mane horse and Piebald Destrier. Wish I had the Dapple Grey Palfrey and the Grey Yokudan Charger though (please please please bring those back lol) :)
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dromathra could had been the shadowraider senche but since paywall meh
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love my Frostbane Bear. Such a big, fuzzy badass.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love my dwemer "spiders" (six legs, I think of them as beetles) the best, but I also adore my grumpy black deer and my gross buggie. And I'm also extremely fond of my bishie sparkle horse; I named her Grimdark The Edgelord.
    Edited by Minyassa on April 16, 2018 1:34AM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kagouti. Not sure why I like them so much, I just do.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is the Adamant Dwarven Horse, closely followed by all of the Wild Hunt mounts.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche and wolf mostly. My newbies are on the panda bear and the elk.
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Great Dark Stag I got back around Halloween 2017. The Great Stag is also sexy, got lucky and pulled from a batch of crates couple weeks ago.
    The only thing I really want that I've seen that would compete would be the Pit Wolf mount (looka lika Fox)...foxes are cool, and the Legendary Apex Senche. Maybe one day :P
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorrel horse. You get it for free.

That is not even a joke - I have lots of mounts, but lately I am using my Sorrel horse more often again, if it fits the climate that is. In Valenwood I tend to use guars, in semi-desert/desert regions my Hammerfell camel. I pretty much never use my fancy mounts with glow or fire effects on them - I just wonder why I bought them at all, they are so out-of-place looking in most regions. People love them, I know, but to me a mount should match the environment it is in.
  • oMrRust
    oMrRust
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    The sorrel horse. You get it for free.

That is not even a joke - I have lots of mounts, but lately I am using my Sorrel horse more often again, if it fits the climate that is. In Valenwood I tend to use guars, in semi-desert/desert regions my Hammerfell camel. I pretty much never use my fancy mounts with glow or fire effects on them - I just wonder why I bought them at all, they are so out-of-place looking in most regions. People love them, I know, but to me a mount should match the environment it is in.

I would be to lazy to keep swapping mounts to match the envirionment, but gotta say I would ride my Skeletel camel in alik'r desert but wouldn't be matching really since skeletel..
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any Dire Wolf mount, but more specifically the 'Ice Wolf'
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dro-m'Athra Senche.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just ride a sorrel horse! :wink:

I don't think I've seen a mount that i'd be willing to spend crowns or buy tons of crates for yet sadly. Maybe I'm just picky. I mean... the mounts we got right now in the crates aren't too bad but i sure as hell ain't going to gamble for them. I'd rather spend that money on hiking or camping or something social irl.

The only extra mounts i have (that i dont like anyway) are from the occasional crate here and there that i spent my Subscription Crowns on, cause there is nothing else appealing to spend them on anyway. I'm waiting for something really impressive and even then I'd probably think twice.

I guess I love being the only single odd person not trying to get anything special except the base character customisation. Makes me stand out less (or more depending on how u look at it)

Also, i really don't understand mount collectors. You often end up using only 1 mount and they all function the same. What's the point of having dozens if not hundreds of different mounts? Maybe it's just me but i don't care if someone has a Flame Atronach Wolf or Nightmare Senche. Someone explain this concept to me? *shrug* I guess housing can help if u got a stable area but still kinda meh.

If you got a mount for doing one of the hardest achievements in the game and were able to show that off... That would be a different story. I'd actually kill to get my hands on mounts from achievements, being a completionist.

Edited by Nyladreas on April 16, 2018 5:53AM