The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's your actual dream house in the game?

• strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something bright, I don't care what it is as long as I don't have to squint to see everything.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Built-in fish tank or under-lake bay window ...? Yes, please.

0N19wG7.jpg
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a wizards tower. Kinda like Tel Galen without the mushrooms.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    This

https://imgur.com/ZW1q1Ax

or this

https://imgur.com/oY79Ose

But not in Cryodiil
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Dream house would pretty much be the nord island from the starter quest for the Thieves guild.

I want a decently sized nord home as all in game are lackluster. The medium and Large nord houses are identical except one has a small yard, and they both only have 3 rooms. And Haakvild's high hall, while impressive from the outside is just one giant open empty room. I'd be fine with the big open hall if we had at least some side rooms.

So ya, thieves guild intro quest nord hall. Snowy island, icy water, some nordic towers and walls, maybe a side building, with the main building using the same model as say Fort Amol or Fallowstone hall
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner's with big garden.
  • SebastiensGames
    SebastiensGames
    Soul Shriven
    Violynne wrote: »
    For me, a nice abandoned light house in Hew's Bane.

That cistern is a bit too dank for me.

35167-1-1366748678.jpg
    Edited by SebastiensGames on April 13, 2018 10:37AM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betnikh. Just that entire island.

Or atleast a large area with orcish tents and the like. Backing onto a cliff face with mining caves built into it. One leads into a large cavern with a shrine to Malacath
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fort Ash
    [DC/NA]
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal tower - glass-magic spire. Weird as Tel Galen was, but in its own, Altmer way.

High elves are great magicians after all. So yes, I want something inspiring and high, really high.

Yes ! YES
    Betnikh. Just that entire island.

Or atleast a large area with orcish tents and the like. Backing onto a cliff face with mining caves built into it. One leads into a large cavern with a shrine to Malacath

i subscribe to this too
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my personal home, I love Autumn's Gate. Perfect for my main character outside of that I wish it were snowing on the outside part of the home.

For my guildhall, I'd go with a mix of Earthtear Cavern, the Erstwhile Sanctuary, and Pariah's Pinnacle. Earthtear cavern is perfect with its vaulted ceilings, rocky structure, and general feel. Pariah's Pinnacle has more of a castle feel that I like, and isn't quite so... summery - Earthtear is a little too open for my preferences, and while I like the water I'd also prefer more of the solid feel that Pariah's has. Erstwhile Sanctuary has the best f***ing waterfalls. I also like the cavern feel, the walk up to the back, how I could put trees all over the entrance, that all my crafting stuff is RIGHT by the door, and that it has a great regal dining hall type area, perfect for a great hall where I can fit some long tables. Not a big fan of the atmospheric music in the place though, and I do like the decidedly less somber look of Earthtear.

Right now I'm using Erstwhile, but I would switch back to Earthtear in a heartbeat if I had enough stuff to fill it with and could solve some of those other problems Earthtear has that Erstwhile doesn't. It would also be cool if there was some sort of magical door I could use in Vulkhel Guard that would link to the place, instead of having it open up in the middle of nowhere.

If I had my pick of home that I personally, not my character, would live in IRL though? Hands down Old Mistveil Manor. Just as it is in game (with my furnishings, of course), but with an internet connection (obviously).

Overall, I'm actually really happy with the homes ESO already has in the game. More than anything I'd just like to see more furnishings, like ones that you can use to build/change structural parts of homes or more interactive furnishings, that are either animated or move - like, can you imagine being able to make doors that opened and closed? Or portals that teleported you within the home?

Overall though, again, really great job with what's there so far ZOS. Keep it up.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine. Hunding's, Palatial Hall. It was love at first sight and I bought it as soon as I could.
    Edited by Scorpiodisc on April 15, 2018 1:40AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be the Princely Dawnlight Palace if it didn't cost $150 and have an item limit of 700.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Hundings Palatial Hall is pretty much my dream house already. I think it was the first house I bought, and thirty houses later it's still my favourite.

I love the Redguard laid-back, outdoor-living existence. Sundrenched desert heat by day. Cool courtyards, fountains, pools, exotic plants and flowers. A hint of incense in the air. A campfire as the cold desert night draws in, with the enticing aroma of roasting meats and the prospect of abundant chilled wine to take away the heat of the day just gone.

However, I digress. Naturally the place needs a few improvements. An extra upper floor for guests would be nice, with a hammam to relax and scrub away the desert dust and sand. Downstairs, a cool basement for my extensive wine cellar and general storage area/crafting stations, with a well to supply that precious commodity water.

Definitely larger outside areas around the front and sides of the house, for olive groves and stands of palm trees.

Very important, a proper built-in stair up to the roof terraces to make full use of the rooftop bar and sunbathing areas, with shaded seating.....ease of access, and goodbye to unsightly clumsy ramps, or stairs taking up so many ill-afforded slots.

And no slaughterfish and invisible walls....I want to be able to swim/sail to that island and have parties and BBQs there, without mortal danger to myself and guests!

So yeah, nothing more than an enlargement and modification to Hundings really, to name just a few ideas. It would make me very happy.

As an afterthought, of course I would need a large increase in item slots to be able to do anything meaningful with it though.....sadly I hit the cap way before the original could be finished. /sigh.

Maybe this is where the real dream comes in, for Hundings and every other house in ESO.....as for now we can only dream.

100% this. I just bought it for my Birthday and I cannot decide yet how to decorate xD
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited about the new palace in Hew’s Bane (when are they finally going to release it??) but after seeing the Summerset boat and its beach and caverns and ruins and so on (on ESO Live), I’m think I’m changing my mind. That boat in its awesome setting is just too tempting!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A grand Telvanni tower in Port Telvannis. 100% fungus, no stone. No flesh atro textures.
    Edited by MythicEmperor on April 15, 2018 2:31PM
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind something like the Rivenspire house in size, but in Wrothgar, or Bleakrock... before it was destroyed. Or somewhere in the snow other than the current Eastmarsh house, which has no yard.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Cliffside dwelling overlooking the ocean with some greenery covered islands in the distance and small private beach. Dwelling has multiple levels connected by staircases and hewn out rooms. A hallway to a hidden inner courtyard garden complete with fountain and water feature. No invisible wall barriers, and an item count above 700 so it can actually be decorated nicely. Entrance is through "hidden" cave.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - A small townhouse in the capital city of Summerset (Alinor?). I like houses, but don't need a huge, palatial one.
    - A Telvanni tower in Sadrith Mora.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final dream home of mine? A set of three interconnecting Argonian Xanmeers. One large in the middle in the middle with a wraparound corridor on each side, each leading into one of two smaller Xanmeers. The exterior would be lush jungle-like Argonian ruins with waterfalls running down a cliff into a spring around the main Xanmeer.

Wow, and now I want that, too! Yes, that!
  • ekmcb
    ekmcb
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    A house in the open world, no loading screen.

You can have that now. It won't even cost you anything.

You have zero slots for furnishings, of course, and everybody else gets to use it at the same time, because it's in the open world.

There are actually many little in-game (open world) spots that are cool and cozy and would make a perfect camping out type of residence, a nomad's squat, if you will. I find it fun to stop there and RP that my character has made it their little abode, for a while. :)
  • ekmcb
    ekmcb
    ✭✭
    1. A true Beldama Wyrd style witch's house...not that bleak, awful Exorcised Coven Cottage in the middle of the ugliest part of Glenumbra. I want the giant tree roots from a giant wyrd tree above it, stretching down to touch the roof...the quaint blue flowers and flowered rocks running all over the house & place...the idyllic surrounding of water - stream(s) and - OPTIONAL (friendly) WILDLIFE!!! (would be awesome).

When I get desperate I actually go to the Beldama Wyrd tree 'village' and RP my character living in one of the huts for a while. :'( PLEASE, ZOS!

2. I'll 3rd or 4th everyone who said an Eyevea home. Eyevea is so peaceful, secluded from the rest of fractious Tamriel, and paradisiacal! I can't quite decide if I'd like it to be a scenic-balcony containing dormitory type affair, or an actual modest little house, separate from the main building structures. I think I'm kinda in love with the idea of the former.

3. I too would like to see a boat house.

4. More properties with oceanside acreage with water you can actually use, as others have said. (Put things to float further in it, swim in it a bit - at least for a decent area. Pool-sized area.)
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    That with Guild bank and Auction house
    Rawr
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    That with Guild bank and Auction house

I can just imagine a giant two or three story Nord shopping mall, all wood and stone, with a warm low lit atmosphere, lanterns hanging in the shopping stalls, feeling like you're on the inside of a humongous ship. Or it could be a cool summer plaza, covered in Imperial marble, open air trader stalls and shipping crates littering the area, maybe with a grand statue for a centerpiece and an opening to some docks for the merchant ships to come and go. Would be a really cool thing to do, to make a place great for trading guilds, provide something not strictly a home or house-like, and give players some more room to express their creativity with the NPC furnishings we have. I like the idea of something less a single focal building and more a grouping of structures that can be turned into a small village or marketplace.

We could keep going too - I'm getting great ideas just thinking of themes based off the races of Tamriel. A nightime alleyway with a bunch of shops branching off with some amazing Khajiit architecture, a winter festival scene in the normally summery Altmer style, a desert bazaar for the Redguards, a village built into the side of a mountain for the Orcs, and I have too many creative ideas to list here for a Blackmarsh style market.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A treehouse ala Elden Root, but mini.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember that mod for TESV Skyrim where you turned the sewer in the middle of Whiterun into a little underground home?
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small/medium Telvanni house, like Sun-in-Shadow's place in Sadrith Mora. Actually, I think Sun-in-Shadow should be imprisoned/banished after all her shenanigans, and her house should be purchasable after finishing the quest. Btw, that quest is sooo improbable lorewise... Smart lizard who earns her freedom then works for some Telvanni Mage to free her mate, and maybe leads slave rebellion? Sure, why not. Argonian (former slave!) as high rank member of House Telvanni? No way, nu-uh.
    Back to the topic: I'd love to have an access to at least small part of lake in Amaya Lake Lodge, just enough to dock my Master Angler boat ;) And proper roof access, and all those small buildings in the garden not being shut... I would buy this house in a second, but all those things are putting me off.
    Edited by Streega on April 18, 2018 5:07PM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    Grand Linchal manor, I love the garden. Unfortunately I was taking a break from eso when it was released and missed it.
  • Breelyn
    Breelyn
    ✭✭✭
    The house doesn't really matter to me, a small/medium manor would be fine.

It is the grounds that I enjoy decorating. I would love to have a lush, green area that would be a perfect for a garden with lots of ivy spread about covering the trees and things. I'd like to have a small lake in the center with a huge cherry blossom tree near the bank. A small stone bridge built over the lake would be perfect, it could be very old and falling apart in places. Also, I'd love to have some small stone ruins spread out around the grounds.