The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's your actual dream house in the game?

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WYTCHMOTHER OLYVE'S house please
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure your asking about homes we don't have yet, as Mournoth Manor is almost perfect for me. If there was a Wayshrine just outside of Forsaken Stronghold, that would be my perfect existing home.

OK, so for a new one. I see all those NPC "settlements" in caves where they have bedroom areas, and kitchen areas and living areas. I would like a nice cave, nothing huge, but with a few rooms or branches I could put some furniture in. Maybe have an upper entrance that gives me a nice view and lower one for getting in and out of it easily. And, yes, near a Wayshrine.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    One where I can do something actually useful that give me a reason to spend some time in my house on a regular basis.

1. ) A house where I can repair my equipment so I can 'camp' there between daily random dungeons.
    2. ) A house where I can 'start' daily writ quests so I can at least do my writ crafting from home even if I have to leave to turn in the quest items.
    3. ) A house with a 'Wayshrine' so I can travel fro 'Free' from my home to the in game locations where I want to go. (Although you can sort of do this if you buy tons of houses since you can travel for free from one house to another)
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    A house by some water which has a tube going to the bottom of said water, in there there will be another part of the house. All in crystal so it's see through of course.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    A small walled town with multiple houses, etc and people
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Gardener house with rooms and a garden
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    A castle or estate on a cloud (think Laputa), where by you could choose which zone it was in, so it could follow you on your journey.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    Gardener house with rooms and a garden

The-Hobbit-Bilbo-Baggins-Bagend-No-Admittance-Lord-of-the-Rings-2.jpg
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garrett's Clock Tower in Divines Cult Temple fashion
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    There’s a guy in a guild I’m in. He has every attuned crafting station and every Mundus and tranny station, a few dummies. I wish I could have all that stuff on my mostly barren island.

I have been to a few houses that are decked out really cool. I should really hire a home decorator.

I have seen some players trade gold for it. There's some players who take to there house and you go shopping there. Some even have catelogs. Try repears march.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a Tower where the house is the entire basement area. Kind of like the one in the Public Dungeon in Stonefalls.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something Dwemer.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Queen's Residence.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, rather than a house... I'd like a notable home as an area without any house... a huge area, with waterfalls, lakes, maybe a huge waterfall with an area behind it like you see in certain movies (going behind teh waterfall)... Basically a plot of land where players could get creative and create their own house in amongst a scenic beuty spot... Maybe a plot of land with a few secrets to discover
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 houses I'm hoping for:

- Altmeri style house on Eyevea, something befitting of a mage and preferably with lots of rooms.
    - An underground dungeon/crypt style home, NOT a cave.
    - A townhouse in Abah's Landing.

The Eyevea one is probably what I would say is my 'dream house', I've wanted that since I finished the Mages Guild story.
    Edited by ListerJMC on April 7, 2018 7:25AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A giant stone castle, but with proper sturdy stone blocks, like the ones they offer, instead of the unorderly pebbles scrapped together. The closest I have gotten is by making my own

I would build it myself but space/time is way too difficult to do.

Tel galen tower is cool. I mean the inside stone tower part. Not the nasty case of fleshy thrush the rest of the house has. So a proper wizards tower, or a skyrim tel mithryn mushroom tower would look good.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite city is Windhelm, so Grymharth would have been my favorite had it included a small yard or usable balcony. I tossed a bunch of snow piles in my Autumn's Gate yard, but the Rift doesn't have the same wintery magicalness that Eastmarch does.

I also like the lighthouse ideas.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A house in the open world, no loading screen.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they actually did offer a limited number of these - perhaps through an auction - how much real money would you be willing to pay?
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    I want a keep ^_~ Like Kingscrest or something would be rad. With the shrine inside actually being connected to the shrine at your alliance gates in cyro. One can only dream *sighs*
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen with better textures.
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    Mine would be the ebonheart chateau but if more of the house inside was accessible. Because the houses on eso seem to be very outwardly large and shrunken down inside. But I would have a daggerfall "sea view" facing over the lava and town next to the tower and stables. The main centre tower I would want to have a large open tower top. Maybe even push the house back to increase the distance to the fountain and gate to really press its size upon a visitor more.
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

If they actually did offer a limited number of these - perhaps through an auction - how much real money would you be willing to pay?
    I don't want to be one of the few. I would like everyone to be able to buy one and with ingame gold.

PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can have that now. It won't even cost you anything.

You have zero slots for furnishings, of course, and everybody else gets to use it at the same time, because it's in the open world.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth? Several pop into my head.

Sulima's Mansion in Hew's Bane, but with the indoor pool actually being deep enough to swim in. But with a natural outdoor pool with a waterfall that also happens to be on the ocean. And a walkway leading down to a beach like Hunding's Palatial Hall has.
    I know that Princely Dawnlight Palace is being released soon (HOPEFULLY), but while I do love how it looks, I'll admit that it's not PERFECT.

Despite my distaste for the Telvanni, I am quite fascinated by their mushroom towers. So mine WOULD have been Tel Galen...if it had Tel Naga's interior while still retaining the side rooms to the left and right.

The final dream home of mine? A set of three interconnecting Argonian Xanmeers. One large in the middle in the middle with a wraparound corridor on each side, each leading into one of two smaller Xanmeers. The exterior would be lush jungle-like Argonian ruins with waterfalls running down a cliff into a spring around the main Xanmeer.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on April 11, 2018 1:13AM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen with better textures.

I'd be fine with a less claustrophobic upper tower. Tel Mora's, Tel Aruhn's, Tel Naga's...ANYTHING other than Tel Branora's. -___-
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on April 11, 2018 1:05AM
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    latest?cb=20170427180831

Ayleid, no contest (for me).

This
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Damien_Uvirith
    A Telvanni tower that doesn't suck so hard.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An actual Cyrodiil keep. I posted here about a lore-friendly island (found in-game in TES4:Oblivion) that could be used.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    I have 3 houses I'm hoping for:

- Altmeri style house on Eyevea, something befitting of a mage and preferably with lots of rooms.
    - An underground dungeon/crypt style home, NOT a cave.
    - A townhouse in Abah's Landing.

The Eyevea one is probably what I would say is my 'dream house', I've wanted that since I finished the Mages Guild story.

Likewise, I thought eyevea would get a house. So now I’m hanging on for somewhere in summerset. Just make them a bit more homely. I’ve bought a few houses and all have been disappointing, it would be nice to be able to trade it back even if it was for crown gems or something.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.