The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What's your actual dream house in the game?

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
For me, a nice abandoned light house in Hew's Bane.

That cistern is a bit too dank for me.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A crypt something like Crypt of Hearts.

The Dark Brotherhood one got close, but it wasn't quite right.
    Edited by Turelus on April 6, 2018 12:34PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dream house would probably be a BIG ship that could travel from harbor to harbor throughout the game.
    I would whip out the credit card $$$$$$$$$$oooo fast!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real mages tower or laboratory. Ill settle for a psijic mages retreat on Aertaeum.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Crystal tower - glass-magic spire. Weird as Tel Galen was, but in its own, Altmer way.

High elves are great magicians after all. So yes, I want something inspiring and high, really high.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Redguard-style house with open space of water to build on with a view on this body of water not obstructed by any walls or rocks or anything. Hunding's palatial hall is a very close call, but it doesn't have enough place to build on water
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 6, 2018 12:53PM
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small or mid sized house if they increase the furniture limit of houses beyond small in nibenean (western imperial like the imperial city) style and they better put some effort into unlike that joke of a manson which they sold for 12000 crowns last year.

For some reason all other smaller imperial houses are in barbarian colovian style.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    A mountain like Erebor, full of gold! Pariahs Pinnacle is pretty similar, just waiting for it to come round again.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A castle with multiple outbuildings, towers, walls,etc. The castle would be 2 or 3 main levels plus a basement vault. It would have several towers of varying heights all with rooms on each floor. All outside towers would be accessible each with at least 3 levels.( ground, rampart, tower) Ramparts that i can walk on between towers. A gatehouse. You know a REAL castle that i can REALLY use. Instead of the cosmetic nonfunctional jobs we get for housing that kind of look like a castle but you cant access most of it.

That and a houseboat. I also wouldnt mind a treehouse. That is a house in a tree, not a house made of a tree, im not a racoon trash panda.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on April 6, 2018 1:01PM
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mages tower that Tel Galen should have been.

except purchasable with gold not money.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice cave / castle. :)
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkihar castle I'd even take fort dawnguard
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on April 6, 2018 1:20PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAA books everywhere...too bad about house guests though. To bad I am aware poor sense of direction ofdefinitely fall off the edge one night. I would need make a friend of owner...to use their books.

Anywhere in vvanderfall ...such a feast for eyes looks at building. I never liked building designs as much as I do these. It feels like a adventure going in buildings. I don't like to travel but would definitely vacation house here.

Hundings sure grew on me. It has everything. It's a perfect palace when lots open spaces. But port town nearby is meh. It's the perfect party house.

Falkreath house is refined. The rooms just yell meetings and house a guild or cult.

Large bosmer house is so open and free with lots of tress and people are just homey with secret city full amenities. This would be house I grew up in.

So if I had to pick... this is hard.

craddle of shadows is so beautiful. Not something I would normally say when I am in there I am like this cool. Oh look at this plants. What a nicely put corner. Maybe I secretly in my heart like purple.So many issues with the house it would hard my heart to buy into living there.

So I settle in rift in a large house with big front yard or open yard to outside along with all other outdoors feel. Also plenty of kitties to pet nearby.
    Edited by Tasear on April 6, 2018 1:15PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONE WITH MORE FUNCTION. Need Guild bank/store access via the merchants and I'm happy.

Style wise tho - Mornoth keep is almost it but needed to be in the snowy mountains, more of a view. Perhaps in northern cyrodill or atop the EP mountain.

I haven't looked at the Wrothgar house as it was massive and i don't need big after the first day i didn't use mine till storage came out.

Ps crown mannequins to save gear / skills / CP for a fast switch PvE to OvE and Zos can have all my money. I'd blow 5k today for that and 5k on Guild stuff access

Take my crowns ZOS
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ship in Anvils port
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There’s a guy in a guild I’m in. He has every attuned crafting station and every Mundus and tranny station, a few dummies. I wish I could have all that stuff on my mostly barren island.

I have been to a few houses that are decked out really cool. I should really hire a home decorator.
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    An elegant, large house (castle) in the middle of nowhere... with nature, water, sunlight outside and inside :)
    (Out of lore: something like Rivendell)
    I like the houses in ESO, but every single one is too dark for me.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings Palatial Hall is pretty much my dream house already. I think it was the first house I bought, and thirty houses later it's still my favourite.

I love the Redguard laid-back, outdoor-living existence. Sundrenched desert heat by day. Cool courtyards, fountains, pools, exotic plants and flowers. A hint of incense in the air. A campfire as the cold desert night draws in, with the enticing aroma of roasting meats and the prospect of abundant chilled wine to take away the heat of the day just gone.

However, I digress. Naturally the place needs a few improvements. An extra upper floor for guests would be nice, with a hammam to relax and scrub away the desert dust and sand. Downstairs, a cool basement for my extensive wine cellar and general storage area/crafting stations, with a well to supply that precious commodity water.

Definitely larger outside areas around the front and sides of the house, for olive groves and stands of palm trees.

Very important, a proper built-in stair up to the roof terraces to make full use of the rooftop bar and sunbathing areas, with shaded seating.....ease of access, and goodbye to unsightly clumsy ramps, or stairs taking up so many ill-afforded slots.

And no slaughterfish and invisible walls....I want to be able to swim/sail to that island and have parties and BBQs there, without mortal danger to myself and guests!

So yeah, nothing more than an enlargement and modification to Hundings really, to name just a few ideas. It would make me very happy.

As an afterthought, of course I would need a large increase in item slots to be able to do anything meaningful with it though.....sadly I hit the cap way before the original could be finished. /sigh.

Maybe this is where the real dream comes in, for Hundings and every other house in ESO.....as for now we can only dream.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Blue Palace or Dragonsreach would be great. Castle Skingrad would be neat as well.

Blackreach would be cool if they ever let us have our own wayshrines.

For places that are already in the game I wouldn't mind Anvil Castle. It's close to the ocean, close to town, close to a wayshrine.

I do like the idea of a ship or houseboat. I think it would need to be stationary, like the Bloated Float but definitely not in the Imperial City.

Outside of that, a sandy beach at the mouth of a river in one of the warmer zones.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Chateau

But that doesn't mean I won't still buy Dawnlight Palace! Have to be a Pirate Queen somewhere. :tongue:
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the "barn" on the Grand Linchal Manor grounds - I think that would be a great small home.

Or one of the lighthouses - I think it's Daggerfall that has the nice study/room at the bottom.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually prefer something medium-sized and cozy to the grand castles and mansions. I'd like enough room for crafting stations in the yard, but don't need much more.

What turns me off a lot of the available homes are the things that don't work as you'd expect, such as beach-front that you can neither swim nor fish from, or outbuildings and towers that have no entrances, flat roofs you can't access.

So my dream home is one that doesn't annoy me that way.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to have a house in certain areas we can't visit outside of quests, like the Coloured Rooms, or the Mage's Staff in Spellscar for example, though I get why that would be impossible. A house in Eyevea, and a smaller house option in Auridon, would be great too. From the already existing ones, my dream house is definitely the Observatory Prior.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Ice cave / castle. :)
    ^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    There’s a guy in a guild I’m in. He has every attuned crafting station and every Mundus and tranny station, a few dummies. I wish I could have all that stuff on my mostly barren island.

I have been to a few houses that are decked out really cool. I should really hire a home decorator.

"Tranny station" - thank you, i just choked on my tea as my imagination did an involuntary back flip!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bank in Belkarth's design, or a decent sized lighthouse, a Hlaalu house, maybe two stories tall... New Khajiit architecture...
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Something in Evergloam, Nocturnals realm!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small house (shack or tent would do) on one of these islands.

HmbcJ2k.jpg

Oh also if it snowed there, I got decent internet connection and could reach the water with a fishing pole I want one in the real world also.
    Edited by kargen27 on April 6, 2018 4:39PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    My dream house is the boulder tree refuge <3 small confy house with a big garden in the middle of the forest
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20170427180831

Ayleid, no contest (for me).
    PC NA
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see an old-school Oblivion style Aeylid ruin to use as a home, lit by Welkynd and Varla stones, with multiple levels and a creepy audio atmosphere with mysterious echoes in the far off areas. Maybe add a beautiful waterfall scene deep inside similar to the Dark Brotherhood cavern.