The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

[Major Oversight] Summerset Tutorial Missable Skillpoint Feedback

• rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    easy solution go out and purchase the DLC or get ESO member and purchase the expansions. Morrowind is cheap right now and monthly membership is like 17 dollars. I is not that hard to get 17 dollars a month recycle, give plasma, don't go out to eat a couple of times, give up soda, reduce somewhere it's not that hard to make room for 17 dollars a month.

If you feel you can not sacrifice or work a little bit harder to pay monthly or to save and purchase an expansion or both expansions then that is your own fault and stop complaining.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hace sooooo many unused skill points... If at least the new skill line was interesting for me, perhaps I could even start thinking about skill points again. But, for now, I have a bunch of unused skillpoints I´m not using anytime soon. That missable skill point can go to hell.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does that mean we will be getting an extra character slot so we can go through this tutorial?

Pretty Please :).....with sugar on top.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    easy solution go out and purchase the DLC or get ESO member and purchase the expansions. Morrowind is cheap right now and monthly membership is like 17 dollars. I is not that hard to get 17 dollars a month recycle, give plasma, don't go out to eat a couple of times, give up soda, reduce somewhere it's not that hard to make room for 17 dollars a month.

If you feel you can not sacrifice or work a little bit harder to pay monthly or to save and purchase an expansion or both expansions then that is your own fault and stop complaining.

What are you even ranting about? Seriously....

Also, it's true that any character created ever will have only 1 extra skill point regardless of which expansion they're created in. They can't go back to Morrowind and do the tutorial on a Summerset character, but still us older characters miss out on one :wink:
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? One thing is ignoring the massive feedback on the Morrowind PTS about this, another thing is simply repeating the mistake once again. This is starting to become absurd!

Why do you insist on punishing old characters by denying them a skill point with every yearly chapter? Since you're now introducing 2 full skill lines with passives and actives, skill points might actually start to mean something again.

Please don't do this, new intros and skill points should be available for all, not just newly created characters ...
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with Summerset, you are still only missing 1 Skill point, max.
    Not like you can do the Morrowind Tutorial and Summerset Tutorial both to get 2 Skill points.

Though - I think they should allow you to do the new zone Tutorial Quests... Or, if they do like they did with Morrowind, allow you to get that point from the Tutorial Alternative Quest - For Morrowind, it was the "Attack the Slavers on the Island" thingy.

Yeah, only that you DID NOT RECEIVE ANY SKILL POINTS for finishing anti slavers quest on pre morrowind chars.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like missing skillpoints for arbitrary things. My main is also my crafter, my thief, my assassin, and a werewolf. That's a lot of skillpoints! Add in what will be needed for jewelry crafting, and there's a ton more.

I don't want it patched in so I get the missing skillpoints 'for free', but I would like to be able to get them by doing those tutorials.

They did it with the wailing prison for those that had Morrowind, why not do a similar lil quest to do the Morrowind and Summerset tutorials? The way they reintroduced the main storyline after Morrowind (seeing the hooded figure, going to meet the 'benefactor' and then abducted, cutscene of being sacrificed to Molag Bal) was amazing.

For Morrowind, someone could approach you on the mainland with a 'business opportunity' and sends you there, the Morrowind tutorial happens, and after you get out of the tutorial in Morrowind your potential business partner has already found someone else and tells you that you might as well enjoy some time in Morrowind since you earned it breaking free of slavers.

For summerset you could be approached for helping with a mages quest and take a potion or something and it is a ruse. Mephala intends to keep you prisoner to prevent you from meddling in whatever their plot is. But you escape and go on to be the hero or whatever else works with the chapter plot.

I would be totally happy with that.

@Zhaedri PC NA

• Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s with all the whining?? It’s one freaking skill point. It’s not one sp per released tutorial.

Here, please take one of my dozen unused skill points.

Seriously it’s one point. If that’s what you feel is punishment, you really need to find something else that hugs you and strokes your ego each day.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    What’s with all the whining?? It’s one freaking skill point. It’s not one sp per released tutorial.

Seriously it’s one point. If that’s what you feel is punishment, you really need to find something else that hugs you and strokes your ego each day.

Just because you don't think it's important doesn't mean it's not important. There is different playstyles and desires in this game which desires will not revolve around you. Weird how you criticize ego...
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say that now, what about when Summerset released and you have 2 new skill lines to put SP into? That 12 might max one of the two out, but certainly not both...
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say that now, what about when Summerset released and you have 2 new skill lines to put SP into? That 12 might max one of the two out, but certainly not both...

It’s one skill point.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s one skill point.

its one skillpoint exactly, so that's why its important to some of us, just because it isn't important to you doesn't mean it isn't important to other people. The game doesn't revolve around you and just because its not important to you doesn't mean its not important at all
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 4, 2018 4:29PM
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I don't want to make a new character I don't deserve the skill point. I sure don't need it, I know.....".but it isn't fair", yes it is, all you have to do is ditch a toon and start another not doing so is a choice. It isn't that hard to level up.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're 'missing' the same skillpoint you got via the other tutorial (whichever one applies).

As you only need one tutorial (guessing you know how the game works by now), it evens out.

It's the same missing skillpoint new characters will be missing from Morrowind which is the one Morrowind character were missing from base game.

I propose your interest is in the achievement, not the skillpoint, as there are more than enough to go around. They simply need to make the achieve so you get credit for the one tutorial you completed, any of them satisfying the skillpoint 'issue.'

It's like arguing that you didn't get to make both choices in a quest fork on the same character. Completionism, realistically, isn't possible, because in choosing one thing, you're not choosing another. You equally cannot be a member of all three Alliances at once, etc.

You'll survive, and it will not break your game in any fashion.

EDIT: You should get to do the tutorial quest, just for purposes of having done it, but the skillpoint should be from the first tutorial only.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 4, 2018 5:28PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I don't want to make a new character I don't deserve the skill point. I sure don't need it, I know.....".but it isn't fair", yes it is, all you have to do is ditch a toon and start another not doing so is a choice. It isn't that hard to level up.

I am not ditching a toon that's over 3 years old with 25k plus achievement points, you are missing the point. We didn't have a choice in this skillpoint
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're 'missing' the same skillpoint you got via the other tutorial (whichever one applies).

As you only need one tutorial (guessing you know how the game works by now), it evens out.

It's the same missing skillpoint new characters will be missing from Morrowind which is the one Morrowind character were missing from base game.

I propose your interest is in the achievement, not the skillpoint, as there are more than enough to go around. They simply need to make the achieve so you get credit for the one tutorial you completed, any of them satisfying the skillpoint 'issue.'
    It's like arguing that you didn't get to make both choices in a quest fork on the same character. Completionism, realistically, isn't possible, because in choosing one thing, you're not choosing another. You equally cannot be a member of all three Alliances at once, etc.

You'll survive, and it will not break your game in any fashion.

EDIT: You should get to do the tutorial quest, just for purposes of having done it, but the skillpoint should be from the first tutorial only.

It's too late as morrowind characters get both skillpoints from morrowind and coldharbour tutorial
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

It’s one skill point.

its one skillpoint exactly, so that's why its important to some of us, just because it isn't important to you doesn't mean it isn't important to other people. The game doesn't revolve around you and just because its not important to you doesn't mean its not important at all

No. It’s really not that important. Seems to be the same few posters crying over one skill point.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not ditching a toon that's over 3 years old with 25k plus achievement points, you are missing the point. We didn't have a choice in this skillpoint

I get it. I also don't see it as a big deal when someone has 8+ toons. When I came back after taking a break to play Fallout 4 I ditched my main just so I could do a fresh run through so I understand completely. So at this point it is a choice, you choose not to start a new toon, fine that is your choice and I can respect that just like I respect someone who has to have that point and does delete a toon to start a new character. The point is there it is up to you if you want it.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s one skill point.

No. It’s really not that important. Seems to be the same few posters crying over one skill point.

Ok cool, narrow mindedness check. Seems like one poster trivializing an issue

Edited by Aliyavana on April 4, 2018 6:10PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get it. I also don't see it as a big deal when someone has 8+ toons. When I came back after taking a break to play Fallout 4 I ditched my main just so I could do a fresh run through so I understand completely. So at this point it is a choice, you choose not to start a new toon, fine that is your choice and I can respect that just like I respect someone who has to have that point and does delete a toon to start a new character. The point is there it is up to you if you want it.

"So at this point it is a choice, you choose not to start a new toon, fine that is your choice and I can respect that just like I respect someone who has to have that point and does delete a toon to start a new character. The point is there it is up to you if you want it." Restarting a 25k plus achievement character is not a viable solution, are you even hearing yourself
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 4, 2018 6:05PM
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly, The Groundskeeper gave you a Skill Point before Morrowind.

Now he does not give it anymore.

If you create a new character, the point that The Groundskeeper gave you now is given by the Morrowind Tutorial.

It's the same thing.

Your characters create before Morrowind have a Skill Point that is no longer given.
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s one skill point.

Just trying to help you out bro. You seem pretty distraught and should just relax.
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Even with Summerset, you are still only missing 1 Skill point, max.
    Not like you can do the Morrowind Tutorial and Summerset Tutorial both to get 2 Skill points.

Though - I think they should allow you to do the new zone Tutorial Quests... Or, if they do like they did with Morrowind, allow you to get that point from the Tutorial Alternative Quest - For Morrowind, it was the "Attack the Slavers on the Island" thingy.

Yeah, only that you DID NOT RECEIVE ANY SKILL POINTS for finishing anti slavers quest on pre morrowind chars.

I realize my wording may have been... Ineffective at conveying my point, capsfriend.
    I was saying that the Alternative Quest SHOULD give you the point if they don't allow you to do the Tutorial.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭

"So at this point it is a choice, you choose not to start a new toon, fine that is your choice and I can respect that just like I respect someone who has to have that point and does delete a toon to start a new character. The point is there it is up to you if you want it." Restarting a 25k plus achievement character is not a viable solution, are you even hearing yourself

Yes, and that is a choice I made when I came back. Not quite 25k but close enough. If you can get there once you can do it again. I will admit I start finding most games boring once everything is maxed and have regularly deleted max characters in every major game I have played but If you choose not to I understand. I just feel it is a "choice" they are not telling you that you can't have it.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    So each year we will be permanently weaker then new players potential?

This going to add up in balanced. How about we just spot now?

This is exactly my point. One or two now isn't a big deal, however if this is to be the future of chapters and ESO, older players will be punished more and more over the years. Sure over 10 years it's only 10 extra skill points, but thats 10 more to go toward passives or anything I want really.

Once again, I paid for the chapter just like everybody else, why don't I get my one extra skill point that comes with the chapter just because I played prior to the launch of said chapter? Makes absolutely no sense why you would lock older players from something like this.

It doesn't at all. What if they wanted eso sport in said future. It would make this impossible with said unbalanced. They are limiting our future and theirs.

I wish we would get an official explanation for why existing players are deprived of the tutorial skillpoints.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So each year we will be permanently weaker then new players potential?

This going to add up in balanced. How about we just spot now?

This is exactly my point. One or two now isn't a big deal, however if this is to be the future of chapters and ESO, older players will be punished more and more over the years. Sure over 10 years it's only 10 extra skill points, but thats 10 more to go toward passives or anything I want really.

Once again, I paid for the chapter just like everybody else, why don't I get my one extra skill point that comes with the chapter just because I played prior to the launch of said chapter? Makes absolutely no sense why you would lock older players from something like this.

It doesn't at all. What if they wanted eso sport in said future. It would make this impossible with said unbalanced. They are limiting our future and theirs.

I wish we would get an official explanation for why existing players are deprived of the tutorial skillpoints.

It’s one skill point.

Just trying to help you out bro. You seem pretty distraught and should just relax.

She actually has a valid point.
  • Baerrat
    Baerrat
    Soul Shriven
    Uh guys, existing characters got a skillpoint for completing the Morrowind prequel quest. I just did that quest on my warden yesterday and didn't get that skillpoint. It's there just in a different spot. Can we just get an answer from ZOS if this is right or can somebody else who has an old character double check this?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baerrat wrote: »
    Uh guys, existing characters got a skillpoint for completing the Morrowind prequel quest. I just did that quest on my warden yesterday and didn't get that skillpoint. It's there just in a different spot. Can we just get an answer from ZOS if this is right or can somebody else who has an old character double check this?

that is not true.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MikaS can you please move this to the pts forums where the feedback will be seen?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Troneon wrote: »
    Why don't zos just auto add the skill points on login....for those with max chars etc....

To me that is the wrong attitude. You basically want something for nothing. What bothers me is I won't be able to do the content. I personally could care less if I get a skill point or not but I want to experience the new content contained in the tutorial.

So roll a new character - or do you really want a veteran character to run through each and every tutorial? That makes no sense.
This discussion has been closed.