The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Warden PvP - strong, weak, balanced?

• ThorinWolfgang
    ThorinWolfgang
    ✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    like the cliff racer nerf wasnt enough....imagine buying a car and after 6 months company announces that they reducing top speed cause reasons....would you ever buy car from this company again?

just lol zos

Honestly, I bought morrowind chapter only because it has warden and it can fix these annoying dodgerollers. But ZoS hadn't stoped only nerfing warden, they decided to sell it in crown shop! Haha. I've never seen such an awful customers treatment like this one does.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Malibulove wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    If they want to remove the stun just give minor penetretion buff and a lil bit more dmg. Not major. Magicka gets major from Ele drain already.

No one uses elemental drain for pvp. You're in the pvp section of the forum bud.

You are so wrong.

Oh am I? Purge. Blue betty purge. But continue to cast ele drain. Yeah ive literally never had that skill cast by another player on my character. Been playing for three years now. If you run this on a warden lmao what else are you running???? Haha

Why would Magdens being able to cleanse Ele Drain matter if you were playing as a Magden? You're not casting it on yourself and plenty of Stamina (and Magicka) builds don't run Efficient Purge.

Between all the different DoT effects and debuffs, it's actually incredibly easy to overwhelm any type of cleanse that isn't called Extended Ritual.

Besides if your opponent resorts to sitting back and spending any amount of time or resources trying to get Ele Drain off them, that's still a win for you. Because with even just a little bit of RNG on your side the time it takes to reapply it will always be quicker or cheaper than the time it takes to remove it.

Blue betty purges it at 0 cost and can be spammed.

While you're trying to spam that to purge, you've wasted 4 seconds and I've lined up my combo. Good luck using it as a purge and doing everything other than casting Betty.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Hey,

I really enjoy to discuss with other magicka wardens the class, since there arent many. Of course anybody can comment here, its also interesting to see how it feels to fight a mag warden :).

How do u feel they do in bg's, solo cyro and groups?

Im speaking mainly about BG's and solo cyro.

BG's - actually quite strong here. I guess it has to do with the reason, that there very offen allies or "other" enemies, which adds another flavour. Very often u are not attacked and if, chances pretty high someone other (friend/ally) will show up and the tables turn again.

Furthermore If 5 people fight each other and I have ulti up - going in with fissure + ulti often results in at least 3 of them dead.

Solo cyro (1vX):
    Cant say "weak", it rather feels like something is " missing". U can kill good players with a good ulti combo and they got baited, but if they dont wanna die to u, they nevver will. Although in 1v1s if I dont wanna die I can turtle forever aswell.

Outnumbered u dont have the best killing potential, but its "OK". The usually " player" gets killed easily with fissure + ulti + x. Surviveability is a different story and is 100% build reliant. With my build I actually can turtle 7+ players for a good while (even good ones) if Im not getting caught open field.

In conclusion, its not the easiest and best class for 1vX, but it has its "fun" moments, which keeps me playing it. And my build feel very good and is even missing 6% undaunted.
    I really feel dodgeable birds though, it did make 1vX and setting up burst way easier. I dont use birds anymore, everytime I think of using it, my brain tells me not to do since another combo seems stronger.

If u wanna discuss builds here Im really interested in hearing about it. Im personally "NOW" stayed away from necropotence and will never look back. The max magicka is nice, but I dont wanna feel like a "gimped" sorc. Im 100% believe u neec a good amount of stam/health on the warden.

Im running right now:
    5x shackle
    5x training
    1x domihaus
    All haikejo

Desto/2H.
    Food depends on my Moos (max magicka + mag regen, witchmorher, TriStar etc.)

I always try to have at least 1,7k mag regen and 1,3k stam regen after 20% buffs.

I sit at
    45k mag
    24k health (before 10% buff)
    15k stamina
    Keepin mind - 6% undaunted missing.

1,7k mag regen
    1,4k stam regen
    2,2k spelldmg buffed (2,6k with glyph proc)

I do run Forward momentum and mist Form, the reason I can kite zergs with that stamima pool/regen for ages. Magicka return light armor shield in 1vX for endless ressources, although with my Option (mag+HP+immovable) I dont have a problem vs 3-4 stamina either.

Lets come together Birdmans! :)

Magicka warden pretty balanced in PVP , especially with perma frost and cheap ultimate generation. Permafrost is overpowered on group fights. If they dont get out on time entire group is dust. Its 10 meters distance , no way a group can survive with 70 percent reduction in movement speed. I cant think of magicka warden without permafrost & healing thicket. Its such a very good ultimate on group fights. Probably the best ultimate in the game for group fights. Dont use destro ultimate. You will be a lot weaker.

I wont say it is so overpowered like nightblade , but strong enough to be competitive with their buffs. Drawback of magicka warden , they dont have CC and reliable execute have to rely on weapon skills and ultimate for that. But it does not make the make them weaker.

If against NB , magicka cannot hold ground and lose comfortably. NBs has so many CCs , which no magicka class can handle with limited stamina pools added stamina poison injection.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 9, 2018 9:27PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garbage in solo play but they go great in BGs since they just do a bunch of buffing and healing
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magdens are only good as healers/support.... thats just about it...
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: I am good, if not one of the best console PvP players. I personally know 20% of all leader board PvP players and not a single one is beyond my skill level.)

lol. A legend in his own mind.
    Edited by montiferus on April 11, 2018 3:29AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children these days
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 11, 2018 8:02AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Stam warden at the moment, but playing magic warden I always love to put a fire rune, ready my permafrost and pull them with the portal into death with reduced healing and cc you can easily destroy the toughest opponents. The down side is, that you'll need some good preparation and timing skills.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, next patch we can only stun with permafrost or having a inferno-lightning. So yeah, there's that
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    We really need to see the whole pts patchnotes ...
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    If they want to remove the stun just give minor penetretion buff and a lil bit more dmg. Not major. Magicka gets major from Ele drain already.

No one uses elemental drain for pvp. You're in the pvp section of the forum bud.

You are so wrong.

Oh am I? Purge. Blue betty purge. But continue to cast ele drain. Yeah ive literally never had that skill cast by another player on my character. Been playing for three years now. If you run this on a warden lmao what else are you running???? Haha

Why would Magdens being able to cleanse Ele Drain matter if you were playing as a Magden? You're not casting it on yourself and plenty of Stamina (and Magicka) builds don't run Efficient Purge.

Between all the different DoT effects and debuffs, it's actually incredibly easy to overwhelm any type of cleanse that isn't called Extended Ritual.

Besides if your opponent resorts to sitting back and spending any amount of time or resources trying to get Ele Drain off them, that's still a win for you. Because with even just a little bit of RNG on your side the time it takes to reapply it will always be quicker or cheaper than the time it takes to remove it.

Blue betty purges it at 0 cost and can be spammed.

While you're trying to spam that to purge, you've wasted 4 seconds and I've lined up my combo. Good luck using it as a purge and doing everything other than casting Betty.

Absorb shields lasts 6 seconds (more than 4 seconds of endless purges for free), living trellis up as well, immovable potion on an argonian, now i got major expedition, cc immunity, and full stamina. What were you saying again? You aren't some God that dumps on all mag wardens buddy.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Edit: I am good, if not one of the best console PvP players. I personally know 20% of all leader board PvP players and not a single one is beyond my skill level.)

Can name at least 10 not on leaderboards that will absolutely pack him up. Hes nothing special played against him at least 3 dozen times. Same ole same, packed him up.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can name at least 10 not on leaderboards that will absolutely pack him up. Hes nothing special played against him at least 3 dozen times. Same ole same, packed him up.

36 times?! Damn, can't recall any name appearing that many times at all lol.

If your GT is the same as your Forum name, we definitely have not seen each other that many times.

Oh, and I know for a fact you're describing kill death ratio, which only means anything in Death match, because if we have played, then you most certainly lost the match.

I only care about winning, so, yeah I'll gladly let you kill me if you're poor enough of a player to get distracted by killing to forgo an objective
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    for my opinion the biggest warden problem in PvP..... his attacks are very very veeeeery slow, i think slowest in the game. In 1x1, we don't have big chances only 1 reason, while we hit once our enemy hit us 2-3 times. Stamden don't have same problem, most of them use weapon skills... magdens atm better with destro skills while his own.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your GT is the same as your Forum name, we definitely have not seen each other that many times.

Oh, and I know for a fact you're describing kill death ratio, which only means anything in Death match, because if we have played, then you most certainly lost the match.

I only care about winning, so, yeah I'll gladly let you kill me if you're poor enough of a player to get distracted by killing to forgo an objective

I'm in there 5 nights a week. It's always the same people playing. Maybe your e not paying attention to the names your fighting? I see you in there a lot and I'm always in a 4 man group.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in there 5 nights a week. It's always the same people playing. Maybe your e not paying attention to the names your fighting? I see you in there a lot and I'm always in a 4 man group.

Is your GT Hutch? I notice about .... 4 players' names that mean it's gonna be a rough match, and about 4 that means it's gonna be easy lol.

I play about 3/4 nights a week (BGs), approximately 10 pm - 2 a.m. mountain time

You say you run in a pre-made? Really the only pre-made I see a lot of (dunno if it even counts) is a duo.

I haven't BGed since the event started tho.

... Btw... Got any WC motifs?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is your GT Hutch? I notice about .... 4 players' names that mean it's gonna be a rough match, and about 4 that means it's gonna be easy lol.

I play about 3/4 nights a week (BGs), approximately 10 pm - 2 a.m. mountain time

You say you run in a pre-made? Really the only pre-made I see a lot of (dunno if it even counts) is a duo.

GT: Hutch679

I run with Skill Spammer, Moist Chips, Ooh Millz, Dirty Wizard, Bofa Deez, CD Snorlax, Sleep VII, Lawbr3aker, wake and ache, krunchdafactor, Bagon, Dodyhoops23, and several others. If you play BGs you know at least 5 on the list. Check the achievements for number of wins on the gamertags.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GT: Hutch679

I run with Skill Spammer, Moist Chips, Ooh Millz, Dirty Wizard, Bofa Deez, CD Snorlax, Sleep VII, Lawbr3aker, wake and ache, krunchdafactor, Bagon, Dodyhoops23, and several others. If you play BGs you know at least 5 on the list. Check the achievements for number of wins on the gamertags.

I may actually be familiar with 5. At least they ring some bells. Though I'll keep out a better eye :)

... So... Bout Dem WCs... I got an axe motif.... Just sayin, maybe you got daggers? Maybe something like that you have an extra of?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children these days

Say what you will but using BG "leaderboards" as a barometer of ability is silly.

Go take a look at the top 10 leaders on Vivec across all factions. 95% of those players are trashcans.

The last time I looked at a BG leaderboard there was an EP zerger at the very top who I routinely dumpster. Leaderboards mean nothing in PVP. I'm kind of surprised you don't see that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children these days

Say what you will but using BG "leaderboards" as a barometer of ability is silly.

Go take a look at the top 10 leaders on Vivec across all factions. 95% of those players are trashcans.

The last time I looked at a BG leaderboard there was an EP zerger at the very top who I routinely dumpster. Leaderboards mean nothing in PVP. I'm kind of surprised you don't see that.

Just using what's provided for console. Literally anyone can say anything, but at least there's some measurements. I wouldn't say it's the only way by any means - but again more than nothing. Plus I think the original comment was something less humorous ;) (the joke being people aren't children nor am I old)

I believe I've only said anything to the effects of I'm on the leaderboards, meh anyway.

@montiferus are you console as well?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, just lol, the best player in pvp whatever the platform is, are not into the leaderboard of any pvp (bgs, Cyro), maybe times to times, they want to get some ap, and they appear but no.

And bgs are the worst for that, beacause you can get first of the leaderboard just by losing your game. Whatever you lose or win, you will always gain some points.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Children these days

Just using what's provided for console. Literally anyone can say anything, but at least there's some measurements. I wouldn't say it's the only way by any means - but again more than nothing. Plus I think the original comment was something less humorous ;) (the joke being people aren't children nor am I old)

I believe I've only said anything to the effects of I'm on the leaderboards, meh anyway.

@montiferus are you console as well?

I am on console.

The point I was trying to make is you were equating your skill level to those who are on the BG leaderboards. My point is that leaderboards mean nothing in PVP. PVE is a different story but in PVP the people at the top are rarely good, if anything they are usually mediocre so I don't think it is an effective barometer of anything other than time spent.

PVP skill is incredibly subjective. For the most part it is really just based on around perception. I judge based on my interactions with players open world on Vivec.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never Find mind.

Freaking closed PTS.

For those that get an invite, Please, please, try to get Warden some buffs
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]
    Never Find mind.

Freaking closed PTS.

I wouldn't worry about it being closed. During Morrowind, I had guild members who quit the game and never posted anything on the PTS who were invited. It's going to be a lot of people and as such the issues will be raised.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]
    Never Find mind.

Freaking closed PTS.

I wouldn't worry about it being closed. During Morrowind, I had guild members who quit the game and never posted anything on the PTS who were invited. It's going to be a lot of people and as such the issues will be raised.

Please do, I was really hoping for open PTS and hoping Not to have the same ol' thing with BGs everyone saying things after the fact.

If you get an invite @Joy_Division please raise holy hell
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    R.I.P :(
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:cry:
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:cry:

:'(
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know the mood in here is (justifiably) glumly, but I'm trying to look past the disappointment and work out how I should play my MagDen next patch considering the incoming changes.

Bear in mind I main MagSorc and generally my style of play gravitates towards light armour damage builds with destro/resto. I play my MagDK and MagBlade the same way. I've tried to play heavy armour tanky builds (on MagDK and MagBlade) and it just isn't my style. Also I play 90% in the BGs. So with that in mind...

d0hNQfI.png

The key here is that I plan to play Lightning Staff to buff my frontbar AoE ult, Fissure, Blockade and also to get the stun from Reach. Not 100% sure if I should have Ice Comet or double bar Northern Storm.

Obviously I'm lacking snares and roots outside of ults, though Entrapping poison is gold if you run Blockade. It procs a lot.

Sets are a bit muddy. Necropotence is a must ofc. The rest I'm not sure on. One option is Necro+Shackle+Skoria, because with Fletcher Flies, Blockade and Reach dots it should proc a lot. Also will boost your single target damage which is otherwise a bit poo. Or drop Shackle and go Necro, Skoria, Masters Lightning, with a backbar set like Lich/Riposte. I'm a bit torn on that.

I'm not entirely sure how this will perform solo, but in group it should offer a helluva lot of utility with AoE Major Breach, Northern Storm, and strong ground AoEs with high chance of Off-Balance.

I'm missing the AoE defile which is extremely valuable, but space is really tight it. If I drop Flether flies, my single target damage is just Fissure and Reach spam and Skoria will proc less. If I drop BoP, I have no movement. So I'm inclined to leave it out atm, as the build is already quite a bit AoE focused. But i might revisit this choice.

That's the best I could come up with so far.

Edited by Maulkin on April 17, 2018 11:12PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Maulkin you don't really need that many Shields and fortress for that kind of build. I run practically the same thing sub fortress for Accelerated Drain. It's skoria Winterborn and now with changes probably Caluurion

Edit: frost staff. It's pure proc, cuz like you can't really kill too much with warden abilities alone anymore
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 18, 2018 12:04AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds