The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Will ZoS be signing up to THE FAIR PLAY ALLIANCE?

Nermy
Nermy
✭✭✭✭✭
The Fair Play Alliance is more than 30 companies, including Blizzard, Riot, and Twitch, that have joined forces to make online gaming a nicer experience. I realise this may not be for ZoS but Bethesda, but nvm. I think it's a great idea and more games companies need to subscribe to it.

The Fair Play Alliance.

PCGamer article.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@Nermy
Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blizzard is joining this?

With all the cheating and network manipulation that's going on with Destiny 2?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Ah, good one.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An alliance made up by industries?

screen-shot-2017-08-14-at-12-25-53-am1-e1502692420210.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=759
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there's 2 responses who obviously didn't read the link. :p
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about signing up for an alliance where they agree to not fill their games with exploitative and predatory practises such as loot boxes, gambling subsystems and other incentives to prey on the inherent psychological behaviour of people for the sake of maximising profit.

Yeah how about that, huh.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

Read it. Laughed. Decide to post a Rick and Morty picture.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on March 23, 2018 12:19PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read it. Laughed. Decide to post a Rick and Morty photo.

Fair enough. I just thought it good that the industry was coming together to combat the toxicity that can exist in online gaming, and being a PvPer, I know just how bad Cyrodiil can be.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fair Play Alliance is more than 30 companies, including Blizzard, Riot, and Twitch, that have joined forces to make online gaming a nicer experience. I realise this may not be for ZoS but Bethesda, but nvm. I think it's a great idea and more games companies need to subscribe to it.

The Fair Play Alliance.

PCGamer article.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    And how will they join it if game have obviously broken things for 3 month, which get replaced by other obviously broken stuff for next 3 month? I don't even talk about ignoring community which is this alliance is focusing

Maybe they tried but wasn't accepted
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An alliance made up by industries?

screen-shot-2017-08-14-at-12-25-53-am1-e1502692420210.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=759

Noob Noob is the hero we need.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    How about signing up for an alliance where they agree to not fill their games with exploitative and predatory practises such as loot boxes, gambling subsystems and other incentives to prey on the inherent psychological behaviour of people for the sake of maximising profit.

of course, there cant be a thread without the obligatory 'i hate crates' post from someone who has no idea what the thread is about can there.
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, I read it. And I think it's hilarious that Blizzard is joining this when they have allowed cheating and network manipulation run rampant in Destiny 2's PvP, which they host on PC.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

of course, there cant be a thread without the obligatory 'i hate crates' post from someone who has no idea what the thread is about can there.

By the way, I hate crates. Thank you for reminding.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, I read it. And I think it's hilarious that Blizzard is joining this when they have allowed cheating and network manipulation run rampant in Destiny 2's PvP, which they host on PC.

I don't play Destiny. No compulsion to either but I think this is more about the toxicity from/against players.

A friend of mine has banned her son from playing Fortnite because she says he has turned from a lovely lad to a nasty little b******... lol! She blames the game but I think it's more to do with the community.
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Predatory practises and exploitative schemes from gaming companies is a much larger problem in modern day gaming than any so-called "toxic behaviour" from the playerbase.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blizzard is joining this?

With all the cheating and network manipulation that's going on with Destiny 2?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Ah, good one.

... what does Blizzard have to do with Destiny 2? Isn't that Bungie?
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be great if they do what they say they will do... but how often does that actually happen in America these days?

I consider it to be a 'look we care' when they really don't, to prevent congress from laying down laws that control the industry.

Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Would be shocked if ZOS joined but hell, lately delusion has no boundaries.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe summarize the content instead of just including links.

If people wanted to look elsewhere, they wouldn't be here, would they? Your current OP amounts to little more than a redirect, however fabulous the content or message may (potentially) be.

And tagging a mod on non-dire issues doesn't somehow grant special priority to your or any other thread.

It's like an antenna ball on your car. Great for making your vehicle stand out in a large parking lot, until you come back out and find that everyone else put the same antenna ball on their car too.

Hint: Mods check the forums without the need for @ForumTags. It's why they're mods.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe summarize the content instead of just including links.

If people wanted to look elsewhere, they wouldn't be here, would they? Your current OP amounts to little more than a redirect, however fabulous the content or message may (potentially) be.

And tagging a mod on non-dire issues doesn't somehow grant special priority to your or any other thread.

It's like an antenna ball on your car. Great for making your vehicle stand out in a large parking lot, until you come back out and find that everyone else put the same antenna ball on their car too.

Hint: Mods check the forums without the need for @ForumTags. It's why they're mods.

As a teacher I expect people to a bit of research for themselves and not have it handed to them... ;)

And I think you'll find Gina is an assistant community manager and not a MOD. :p

Edited by Nermy on March 23, 2018 12:42PM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously. It's like "let's shoehorn crown crates into absolutely every discussion, because I don't like them, and neither should anyone else." No one's opinion is changing because of these posts, it's just more needless complaining that helps nothing.

"Wow, the pictures from the new chapter look amazing."
    "Yeah, well, crates are bad."
    "Ok, well, how about that new dungeon? Pretty hard with a pug, right?"
    "Remove gambling crates."
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no stated aims or practices on the site - beyond the general mission statement. Bit early for companies to sign up imo. Maybe show interest, but not sign up.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    There are no stated aims or practices on the site - beyond the general mission statement. Bit early for companies to sign up imo. Maybe show interest, but not sign up.

I think you'd need to attend the conference to get a clearer idea about what they are taking about but I think it's an important step for companies to take.
    Edited by Nermy on March 23, 2018 1:00PM
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So companies are going to do something about toxic players ?

They already have the tools to do that now....the ban hammer and suspensions.
    All they need to do is step up and be a be more proactive about dealing with reports on players.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »

Seriously. It's like "let's shoehorn crown crates into absolutely every discussion, because I don't like them, and neither should anyone else." No one's opinion is changing because of these posts, it's just more needless complaining that helps nothing.

No, it's not being shoehorned into every discussion. But it is extremely ironic that some gaming developers act all holy and virtuous on this issue, "hey, let's come together and fight the toxic behaviour and make gaming a great experience for everyone" while at the same time doing their utmost to exploit us, prey on us and extort us for all the money they can get their greedy, grubbing, capitalistic hands on. The contradiction, or hypocrisy, on this issue is glaring to me, and I'll continue to point that out whether you're tired of the discussion or not.

Edited by Carbonised on March 23, 2018 1:09PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We envision a world where games are free of harassment, discrimination, and abuse, and where players can express themselves through play.

Well the last part certainly contradicts the first part. How can one express themselves when they are being suppressed in the process? I wonder if the likes of Anita Sarkeesian and her ilk are behind this 'alliance'. If so, then run... run away and never look back.

In a time where PC culture has thrown itself into overdrive and literally anything and everything can be deemed offensive, this doesn't bode well and is rife with potential exploitation. I hope ZOS does not join.
    Edited by Numerikuu on March 23, 2018 1:10PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    So companies are going to do something about toxic players ?

They already have the tools to do that now....the ban hammer and suspensions.
    All they need to do is step up and be a be more proactive about dealing with reports on players.

I think it's more that that, it's how players carry that toxicity over into RL. That is a huge problem especially for parents of young players who don
    @Nermy
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean "safe spaces" are coming to MMO's ?

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they dont join. Sticks and stones.

Censorship sounds great to those who think it wont be used against them.
    [DC/NA]
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We have those! Our houses.

But yeah, I take your point. I'm still not sure what to think of all this...

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a few ESO emotes are there to embarrass/humiliate/aggravate other players.

Just killed a ganker... kiss this, belly laugh, do a few push-ups, stamp the ground, then eat some spoiled food to finish up.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »

[snip]The people who pointed out things like crates and bugs, etc are correct. A company needs to focus on the wrongs they are committing before they can focus on anything anyone else may or may not be doing. If said corporations truly cared, they would provide better customer service, they would provide a better and more stable product, they would pour their focus into making a game right and selling a complete product rather than re-skinning models to toss into crates or patching a game that they KNOWINGLY release in a broken state AFTER they launch it anyway. This is lip service and nothing more. [snip]

Please save the comments about how "a company needs to make money somehow!". I know how businesses operate. I'm not simple. I am also sharp enough to realize that businesses are more than capable of thriving without bad practices. Siding with a business about their worst practices is essentially (metaphorically, of course) allowing an oil company to fill the ocean with waste without repercussion.

I'm NOT looking to argue and most likely will not respond to aggressive comments. I'll simply allow the aggressors to expose their true nature via aggression. I just wanted to point out that the comments these guys are making are very relevant to the thread and the discussion and I appreciate them bringing it up.

[edited for inappropriate commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 24, 2018 1:32AM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

vMSA on DND :p
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)