The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Give Us Group Dungeons in Summerset, or convert a public dungeon into one

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
"Experience a whole world of adventure on the island of Summerset with unique World bosses, Delves, Public Dungeons, and an all-new group challenge: Abyssal Geysers. Wherever you go, there's always a new adventure waiting for you and your allies."

No mention of atleast one Group dungeon?

we will get a trial and trials are fine but require a 12 person group to start up. Why not a 4 man dungeon? Altmeri architecture is beautiful and it will be a missed opportunity if we don't get a highly replayable group dungeon (monster sets and all) I thought the reason morrowind didn't have any pve group dungeons was because pvpers finally got some content but Now we are getting just a trial for end game pve content. Public dungeons will be bare after the exclusive stuff gets farmed and is no longer profitable like morrowind theodolite pets and robes, along with everyones skyshards being obtained. Abyssal Geysers if they function like dolmens will quickly lose their luster after they become xp farms for zergs.

Wow has many group dungeons at the start of an expansion and has so much more value for the end game player, and I was atleast hoping for one group dungeon as the inland altmer architecture is ripe for a visually stunning group dungeon. Zos if you want this expansion to have more replayability than the morrowind expansion please if you are not going to have a group dungeon at launch atleast do content patches like other mmos have and add them at a later date.

Alternately, convert one of the two public dungeons to a group dungeon as public dungeons have far less replayability than group dungeons

ArchMikem wrote: »
Dungeons get their own DLC twice a year already.

To the above statements and similar, we pay almost the same as other mmo expansions so I expect a sufficient amount of end game content. I can get far more bang for my buck with other mmo expansions and as summerset is priced similarly enough to other mmos I expect atleast a sufficient amount of content with replayability for ALL players for my buck. We already have to pay separately for every chapter from my eso plus so I expect chapters to have more content
Edited by Aliyavana on March 23, 2018 5:23AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why should that hinder end game content? I can get far more bang for my buck with other mmo expansions and as summerset is priced similarly enough to other mmos I expect atleast a sufficient amount of content with replayability for ALL players for my buck. We already have to pay separately for every chapter from my eso plus so I expect chapters to have more content
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 23, 2018 5:03AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    And why should that hinder end game content? I can get far more bang for my buck with other mmo expansions and as summerset is priced similarly enough to other mmos I expect atleast a sufficient amount of content with replayability for ALL players for my buck.

I dont know how other MMOs and their dev teams operate and personally, dont quite care as im not that kind of player. I know that making video games is hard, and Ive figured 4 new dungeons every year is a lot combined with the other content they make. Im not going to bite the hand that feeds me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why should that hinder end game content? I can get far more bang for my buck with other mmo expansions and as summerset is priced similarly enough to other mmos I expect atleast a sufficient amount of content with replayability for ALL players for my buck.

I dont know how other MMOs and their dev teams operate and personally, dont quite care as im not that kind of player. I know that making video games is hard, and Ive figured 4 new dungeons every year is a lot combined with the other content they make. Im not going to bite the hand that feeds me.

I atleast want a summerset group dungeon as the architecture can make for an visually stunning dungeon
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, first, they are adding new 4-person dungeons periodically. I mean, Scalecaller and Fang are new, aren't they?

They just do not seem to be doing it during expansion updates.

And this brings me to the second point - "expansions" are something that even ESO+ people have to pay extra for. Which would suggest that - perhaps - the total number of players who'd purchased Morrowind and who will have purchased Summerset will be smaller than, say, the total number of ESO+ players.

Since ideally one would want to get the broadest possible audience for 4-person dungeons (hello, group finder!), this hypothesis would imply that you want to situate these things in DLC packs (all ESO+ users and some others who spend the coin), and definitely not expansion packs (potentially not even all ESO+ users). Of course, I do not know what the actual sales figures/player base breakdowns are.

But I can certainly understand, conceptually, why we will likely have to wait for some time beyond Summerset to get a new version of Scalecaller (preferably with exploding mudcrabs to continue with the "skeevers that can actually hurt" theme).
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know more about "all-new group challenge Abyssal Geysers". Who knows maybe something interresting could hide behind that. I would kill for new DSA type of content. As for amount of content inside Summerset based on the price of it it's kinda obvious there will be less of content in it then it was in Morrowind.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 23, 2018 5:15AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I want to know more about "all-new group challenge Abyssal Geysers". Who knows maybe something interresting could hide behind that. I would kill for new DSA type of content. As for amount of content inside Summerset based on the price of it it's kinda obvious there will be less of content in it then it was in Morrowind.

If its like dolmens it will be underwhelming. Heres to hoping it doesn't turn out into a leveling zerg fest lol
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 23, 2018 5:20AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see overland group dungeons like in Craglorn make their way to new chapters. I really enjoyed doing those.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Later maybe , I don't want devs spending time on another group dungeon.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder what % of the playerbase even does trials
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They sell dungeons via the Dungeon DLC. That's quite cheap but that's how it is now.

I think they don't do this with trials because less people play and therefore would pay for them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why put it into a zone when they can come up with a dungeon DLC for it down the line....$$$,£££,€€€...

It would be cool tho, that it came with one or two group dungeons, we will have to wait and see :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Experience a whole world of adventure on the island of Summerset with unique World bosses, Delves, Public Dungeons, and an all-new group challenge: Abyssal Geysers. Wherever you go, there's always a new adventure waiting for you and your allies."

No mention of atleast one Group dungeon?

we will get a trial and trials are fine but require a 12 person group to start up. Why not a 4 man dungeon? Altmeri architecture is beautiful and it will be a missed opportunity if we don't get a highly replayable group dungeon (monster sets and all) I thought the reason morrowind didn't have any pve group dungeons was because pvpers finally got some content but Now we are getting just a trial for end game pve content. Public dungeons will be bare after the exclusive stuff gets farmed and is no longer profitable like morrowind theodolite pets and robes, along with everyones skyshards being obtained. Abyssal Geysers if they function like dolmens will quickly lose their luster after they become xp farms for zergs.

Wow has many group dungeons at the start of an expansion and has so much more value for the end game player, and I was atleast hoping for one group dungeon as the inland altmer architecture is ripe for a visually stunning group dungeon. Zos if you want this expansion to have more replayability than the morrowind expansion please if you are not going to have a group dungeon at launch atleast do content patches like other mmos have and add them at a later date.

Alternately, convert one of the two public dungeons to a group dungeon as public dungeons have far less replayability than group dungeons

To the above statements and similar, we pay almost the same as other mmo expansions so I expect a sufficient amount of end game content. I can get far more bang for my buck with other mmo expansions and as summerset is priced similarly enough to other mmos I expect atleast a sufficient amount of content with replayability for ALL players for my buck. We already have to pay separately for every chapter from my eso plus so I expect chapters to have more content

I like the public dungeons prefer them over group dungeons. I find the later public dungeons more design to be explorable. I feel the group dungeons are more about the bosses and mechanics instead of the exploring aspect.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then PvE players say PvPers are entitled for wanting fixes to their preferred play style. Funny.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's clear now that ZOS plan to only push dungeons out via the DLC packs.

Big updates bring big content (trials) for people it seems.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, from all the extraordinary incoming content which is upcoming you seek a Group Dungeon. We shall ge 12 man Trails and it seems certain players aren't in the end of the ballad satisfied.

Experience a whole world of adventure on the island of Summerset with unique World bosses, Delves, Public Dungeons, and an all-new group challenge: Abyssal Geysers. Wherever you go, there's always a new adventure waiting for you and your allies."

It was put wonderfully in one single sentence ,but still "something" is missing. No group dungeons. I am certain if there were Group Dungeons someone would complain about why aren't there 12 man dungeons For instance.

It was put in one single sentence. Do not get me wrong, but Greed is the ugly thing. Let us settle down what we have for now. It's more than enough for Chapter Launch.

There are other reasons:

They couldn't. It is too much for the launch.
    They plan to release it few months after the June 5,Official release.
    Other/Performance issues

You spoke about loot and "value", it is not all about Loot and a Value is a point of view. It's not all about Acquisition of the loot or acquiring immensely powerful artefacts of power.

Regarding 12 main Trials vs 4 Man Group Dungeons. I am personally more thrilled to play 12 man trails, larger and a lot more thrilling. action and son.

Regarding Architecture, I agree. Exceptionally beautiful, why would I need a group dungeon If I can marvel the beauty of open cities and certain towns? Not needed. Besides that we shall have public dungeons.

Patience. It doesn't mean it shall hurt Replayability factor.

Public dungeons are easy accessible to everyone and in my opinion more wiser and effective approach to release public dungeons first and eventually add Group dungeons later on.

King Regards,

Vanya

Edited by Vanya on March 23, 2018 8:47AM
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess group dungeons will be part of dungeon DLCs.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    And then PvE players say PvPers are entitled for wanting fixes to their preferred play style. Funny.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/402293/how-to-fix-battlegrounds-and-imperial-city-going-foward#latest
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/402293/how-to-fix-battlegrounds-and-imperial-city-going-foward#latest

I wasn’t specifically meaning you @aliyavana but the general attitude round here. Should have stated that maybe.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aliyavana "Group Dungeon" is not the answer.

I like the dungeon-pack DLC idea. Mainly because the entrance of ALL the dungeons are in the "vanilla" zones, including the new dungeons: Shadowfen, Craglorn, Stormhaven, Bangkorai.

The idea is: We need a new content type for endgame. Maybe instanced. Limited to Chapter. Big. Challenger. All-new.

A simple example is the two Arenas: Dragonstar and Maelstrom. One is for four players. The other is solo. But I don't agree that "Arena" is what we want now. Zenimax can create a different type of Trial. Solo. Duo. Etc.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are dedicated Dungeon DLCs this isn't needed.

There are not regular PvP DLCs, that should come first
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer more delves and public dungeons :p
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my list that I'm hoping for out of Summerset content
    *6 World Bosses check
    *6 Delves check
    *2 Public Dungeons check
    *1 Trial check
    * 1 or 2 Four Men dungeons N/A

Edited by Inhuman003 on March 23, 2018 11:31AM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer more delves and public dungeons :p

^ This.

There are Dungeon DLCs if you're desperate for new dungeons.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • code65536
      code65536
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      • Update 14: Halls
      • Update 15: 2x dungeons
      • Update 16: Asylum
      • Update 17: 2x dungeons
      • Update 18: Cloudrest
      • Update 19: more dungeons?

Five (and possibly six) quarterly updates in a row in which we're getting or have gotten expansions of endgame PvE group content. Compared to the pace at which new endgame content was added before, this is a refreshingly brisk pace. Would I like for there to be more? Well, sure, but that's an unrealistic expectation, considering that the team that makes the trials is the same team that makes the dungeons.

Finally, there were no dungeons added in Orsinium utilizing the architecture and style of that DLC, but down the road, we got Scalecaller, which looks like it belonged right in the middle of Wrothgar. Just because we don't get to stroke your weird elven supremacist tendencies with 4-man content next patch doesn't mean we won't get some later on.
      Edited by code65536 on March 26, 2018 2:16PM
      Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
      Personal best scores:
      Dungeon trifectas:
      Media: YouTubeTwitch
    • Merlin13KAGL
      Merlin13KAGL
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      There likely will be 4-man's added for Morrowind and Summerset both, but they're hold onto them and release them as DLC for the income.
      Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
      I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
      Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    • Maura_Neysa
      Maura_Neysa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd love to see overland group dungeons like in Craglorn make their way to new chapters. I really enjoyed doing those.

Something like this? ^^^^ yeah that I like.

OP - More 4-man? what the other couple DLC a year aren't enough for you? Summerset does not need to include 4-man content. It has 12 man, and personally I would be tickled if it was Craiglorn rather than Orsinium/Morrowind
      Edited by Maura_Neysa on March 26, 2018 2:27PM
      Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
      Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
      Major
      Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
      Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
      Warden 2x Bow DPS
      Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
      Others
      PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• BuddyAces
      BuddyAces
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I personally wish they would add at least one new 4 man dungeon to each chapter they release. I mean it's a chapter ffs. At least the public dungeons will look cool as hell, or so I hope.

BTW, I don't mean DLC dungeons, make em as difficult as the original non dlc dungeons even. Just wantin more with a chapter.
      They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BuddyAces wrote: »
      I personally wish they would add at least one new 4 man dungeon to each chapter they release. I mean it's a chapter ffs. At least the public dungeons will look cool as hell, or so I hope.

BTW, I don't mean DLC dungeons, make em as difficult as the original non dlc dungeons even. Just wantin more with a chapter.

it would atleast meet mmo standards a bit if atleast one would be made
    • BuddyAces
      BuddyAces
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      BuddyAces wrote: »

it would atleast meet mmo standards a bit if atleast one would be made

You said it better than I did.
      They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd