The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How To Fix Battlegrounds and imperial City Going Foward

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Suggestions to fix battlegrounds:

Bgs is the content pvpers were promised as they had nothing for a while since ic, The problem with bgs is that the population isn't big enough to handle premades and separate cp, non cp battleground ques and there is no incentive to run bgs unless you are looking for bg dyes/achievements as you can get just about the same and even more ap the same amount of time in cyrodil as it takes to complete a bg match. My solutions

Make Battlegrounds Base game: This will alleviate the population issues that battlegrounds have and you are far less likely to run into a premade group as you will have a bigger pool of people to grab from. Its a constant issue if you are a solo player and it turns off people from battlegrounds completely if a organized premade completely demolishes you. Bgs in their current state are not friendly to new players.

Create a Battleground Exclusive Currency: Like tel var, give a reason to go into BGs and grab exclusive rewards. There is no real point to running bgs as all the rewards are currently purchacable for ap. You can just farm in cyrodil and learn Militant Ordinator and get battleground exclusive gear with all the ap you have hoarded. Ap is in abundance and these items are easily obtainable compared to if bgs had launched with a currency. Keep Militant Ordinator and gear as ap buyable but introduce new rewards

New Rewards for Battleground Currency: New motifs based around the Storm lords, Fire Drakes, and Pit demons, as well as Furnishings, mounts, pets, and other goods to be purchasable for Battleground Currency.

And if needed... Lock the Merchant to morrowind/summerset, or chapter locations: Personally I am against this but zos wants to keep bgs chapter exclusive, opening up battlegrounds for base game to help alleviate the problem will give a larger population access to battlegrounds, but locking the merchant access to morrowind and chapter locations would give incentive to having the chapter.

Suggestions to fix imperial city:

Separate Imperial city from Cyrodil: Imperial city does not contribute to cyrodil and people in imperial city can take away player slots of population towards people fighting to the alliance war.

Add campaigns for the imperial city: Both cp and no cp, And quing in should let you teleport into the sewers immediately instead of having to travel through inconvenient horseback to actually access the dlc.

Add A pvp Asylum/master/VMA type weapon set to pvpers: Pvers get all the fun for weapons and forces pvpers to pvp in order to get some asylum/master/vma weapons, add in a new pvp weapon set exclusive to imperial city to help breathe life into it and give incentive to run imperial city
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think we need another currency, but everything else here would be welcome
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF they revamped the IC sets that would be actually a good start imo.

Also adding a weapons merchant to IC would be nice aswell. As of right now you are forced into RNG crates if you want an IC set as a weapon.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They absolutely should make cp and no cp BGs. And eve more, they should let us toggle which mode we wanna play.

Not enough ppl in the ques? That's not my problem. As you said, they need to motivate ppl to play BGs, not také all options from us to solve this.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are giving bgs to everyone who preorders summerset so that should increase bg population a bit.

Once again, its a suggestion that people cant be bothered to walk through cyrodiil to get to IC so they should be able to skip it. Im against that. It does not take long to get there. especially since you can logout in cyrodiil now and still be there when you login.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    they are giving bgs to everyone who preorders summerset so that should increase bg population a bit.

Once again, its a suggestion that people cant be bothered to walk through cyrodiil to get to IC so they should be able to skip it. Im against that. It does not take long to get there. especially since you can logout in cyrodiil now and still be there when you login.

yet ic doesn't affect cyrodil at all, so why link it at all, just give it a separate que so ic players don't take up cyrodil que times
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the main problem is not even riding through cyrodil (personaly I have never found that part to be particularly difficult). its the fact that people who are in IC - are taking up population slots for Cyrodil proper, while doing nothing to contribute to actual campaign. THAT is why it should be separated.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

the main problem is not even riding through cyrodil (personaly I have never found that part to be particularly difficult). its the fact that people who are in IC - are taking up population slots for Cyrodil proper, while doing nothing to contribute to actual campaign. THAT is why it should be separated.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also how about Gold Agility/Endurance/Willpower drops from the key frag boxes?

Might make it worth farming again.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not every time. It's still messed up. Sometimes you will still be in Cyrodiil/Sewers if you logged out there, sometimes you won't.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city deserves be in activity finder. People would be more willing to explore. As it stands four load screens is bad desigin.

I think that's why they packaged Morrowind in the deal so population increase. But yeah would love just queue for my favorite activities in there like in other games.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Also how about Gold Agility/Endurance/Willpower drops from the key frag boxes?

Might make it worth farming again.
    We'll just be able to upgrade them any way so... Whilst it would save money/materials I don't think they will be as in demand.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."