The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Do we know when/if Summerset will be on PTS?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm very curious to know if we are going to get a PTS preview. I'd also like ot know if there is going to be new player housing coming with this expansion chapter.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No information yet.

Other than the base announcement last night we've heard nothing. Likely we will start to get more information over the next week.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said in April.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    They said in April.
    I missed that one, damn. Thanks for the correction.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will likely be a closed, invitation-only PTS with a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Morrowind PTS was.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind released 6th June and its PTS cycle started 17th April. Summerset releases 5th June, so I think mid April looks favourite for the PTS cycle to start.
    PC EU
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind released 6th June and its PTS cycle started 17th April. Summerset releases 5th June, so I think mid April looks favourite for the PTS cycle to start.

I think it's a certainty that there will be player housing available in Summerset at release.
    PC EU
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind had a early on PC/Mac on Monday May 22 and released to PTS on Monday April 17, 2017

Summerset, will have a early release for PC/Mac on Monday May 21.

Based on the above information I am guessing that it will be released to PTS on Monday April 16, 2018.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It will likely be a closed, invitation-only PTS with a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Morrowind PTS was.

Morrowind was because of the Warden reveal, and because it was branded as 'Morrowind' (being a big thing because of the game... i'm not sure they'd treat Summerset the same way, but who knows
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

Morrowind was because of the Warden reveal, and because it was branded as 'Morrowind' (being a big thing because of the game... i'm not sure they'd treat Summerset the same way, but who knows

My guess is that the Morrowind closed beta and the NDA was to prevent people from seeing anything that might make them not pre-order. Same thing likely applies to Summerset. Chapters cannot be bought with Crowns, only cold, hard cash. This is pure revenue for ZOS and Chapters are likely the bulk of the game's income for entire year. If people see Psijic Order skill line in action and say, "Meh." Or they see jewelry crafting in action and say, "Meh." Or they see new Trial in action and say, "Meh." That could turn them off from pre-ordering. But if you keep everything secret and mysterious and let the hype build...
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, last year you could preview the base game changes on the PTS even without pre-buying Morrowind. I tested & gave feedback for the resource nerfs before the update went live, especially the U14 changes to siphoning strikes, as did a lot of other people that PTS cycle.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, last year you could preview the base game changes on the PTS even without pre-buying Morrowind. I tested & gave feedback for the resource nerfs before the update went live, especially the U14 changes to siphoning strikes, as did a lot of other people that PTS cycle.

@victoriana-blue is right.

Moreover, Rich Lambert did say "PTS" in the Twitch announcement ... whether that is for all content or just the combat changes we don't know.
  • warriorladysif
    Do those of us who participated in the original beta AND the Morrowind beta have a higher chance of being invited to any Summerset beta, I wonder?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do those of us who participated in the original beta AND the Morrowind beta have a higher chance of being invited to any Summerset beta, I wonder?

Likely so, yes, which includes your participation in PTS as well.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

closed xD

My second account got an invitation for the Morrowind beta, My best char was lvl 18.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

Anyone with PTS and active account could do the PTS, but there was the NDA to click through. At least that was my experience. I didn't get some special invitation. But, I nearly always check out the PTS when something new is on the way.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMBCML wrote: »

Anyone with PTS and active account could do the PTS, but there was the NDA to click through. At least that was my experience. I didn't get some special invitation. But, I nearly always check out the PTS when something new is on the way.

There was a closed, invite-only, beta on PTS for Morrowind and then later an open beta on PTS.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am expecting that they will do PTS in the first half of April. They have already said that people attending PAX East will be able to play the Chapter, and that might be a huge clue as to when it will open on PTS. It will likely be on PTS that these people play. If it is ready for PTS by then, it just makes sense to do it that way.

I do not expect a closed beta or NDA this time. Again, based on PAX East.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am expecting that they will do PTS in the first half of April. They have already said that people attending PAX East will be able to play the Chapter, and that might be a huge clue as to when it will open on PTS. It will likely be on PTS that these people play. If it is ready for PTS by then, it just makes sense to do it that way.

Ah that makes sense. I mean Morrowind was a big secret, Summerset, not so much. And they probably got the info they needed regarding adding the zone to the game from Morrowind so don't necessarily need to revisit that part of things.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Ah that makes sense. I mean Morrowind was a big secret, Summerset, not so much. And they probably got the info they needed regarding adding the zone to the game from Morrowind so don't necessarily need to revisit that part of things.

Morrowind let us play at PAX East despite having a closed beta though. It was only the lava battleground and nothing story related, but we could still play.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • warriorladysif

Nope, there was an invitation email for the Morrowind beta, and then later it was open.
  • vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭

Nope, there was an invitation email for the Morrowind beta, and then later it was open.

Everyone with eso plus got that invitation
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭

It was open to all who pre-purchased it to. It may have an NDA but we do not know for sure as of yet and if it does not the info on what is in it will be open to all players.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMaick wrote: »

Everyone with eso plus got that invitation

Oddly enough, my alternate account that did not have ESO Plus, did not pre-purchase, and was rarely seen on PTS, was invited before my main account was invited.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year Morrowind was at Pax East, and it wasn't on PTS yet.... I know for sure.. because I took pics of all the warden skills and shared them haha.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Last year Morrowind was at Pax East, and it wasn't on PTS yet.... I know for sure.. because I took pics of all the warden skills and shared them haha.

Yeah, but this year PAX East and rollout on PTS are really close together. Last year, PAX East was in the middle of March and Morrowind hit PTS in the middle of April.

Edit: Still, I am no longer expecting PTS to be rolled out this week. That would have been nice, and I bet they kicked around the idea, but I doubt it is gonna happen that way.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 2, 2018 12:21AM
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Do we think the new banner for PTS maintenance on Wednesday is for Summerset PTS?
    We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC).

Any thoughts? It would be nice to have word from ZOS about this.
    Edited by riberion on April 2, 2018 3:46PM
    PC NA
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    Do we think the new banner for PTS maintenance on Wednesday is for Summerset PTS?
    We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC).

DB281836-278A-4E65-85F4-F55487004EAD.jpeg

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doubtful. It says maintenance, but not PATCH maintenance
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I'm very curious to know if we are going to get a PTS preview. I'd also like ot know if there is going to be new player housing coming with this expansion chapter.

a4f550df095ef417f5af860b564ead1a.jpg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Last word from ZOS is that the PTS will be mid-April. That doesn't explain the patch maintenance though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.