The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

At what point does Healer or tank become not needed?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see alot of hybrid healers that will run as DPS and switch to resto staff on back bar as needed.

If someone queues as fake tank, I am usually the one who initiates vote to kick
    I uses two setup for templar healer, one is dps focused, other is more into healing. Still have resto staff on damage setup however. For most dungeons I use the healer setup on last boss only however it depend on group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my healplar can 20-24k dps as well as burst heal if needed without gear or skill switch. Sometimes i run vet dungeon without even a single Breath of Life cast (and if i do, then usually just for myself lol), PL and Ritual enough for healing. And sometimes i get stuck on the place casting BoL, cuz tank is bad or one of dpsers don't know what red circles is.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Only in elite groups of players. An elite level player can Solo almost all vet dungeons anyways so really you don't need any other roles. DPS is king, so if you have 3 players at 40k+ self buffed DPS it's strictly a race to the finish line. Kill or be killed. At that point all you need is a good tank that can hold the boss still like a target dummy and away you go. But take notice that this only works with top of the top players for dlc dungeons. I've Solo tanked and 3dps'd all vet dlc dungeons and it's a challenge to self sustain but it is fun without a healer.

My concern at time though people who mained healers where getting left out. I mean what is point in being elite healer? People you dungeon with have found it easier experience to go without you. This is the now but power creep will make gradually more of a reality for others.

My suggestion is to be proficient at many roles. I can tank, heal, pull 40k Stam DPS on a couple different classes and 30-35k magic dps on a couple classes so there's always a role to play. Right now dedicated tanks and healers are relegated to vet trials and if you're a really good tank people will bother you to tank the vet dlc dungeons skin achievements.