The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which class is in the best place PvP-wise Q1 2018?

red_emu
red_emu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Which class do you think is the most powerful in current patch? From PvP perspective. No crying for nerfs, just your opinions.
Edited by red_emu on March 12, 2018 10:42AM
PC - EU:
Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
Falathren - AD StamSorc
Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
Your-Ex - AD MagBlade

Which class is in the best place PvP-wise Q1 2018? 291 votes

MagSorc
6%
ck37090SaroussemakrethExCalzValencerKnowledgeDeyirnChunkyCatGnozoWarMasterCypagrr70aaisoahoSubversusnerevar_92OrdoHermeticaColecovisionFraPal93 Clone4423TheRedRavenTR 19 votes
StamSorc
2%
Actually_GokuNoobslayer3255LadislaoAngryOldManwbernardo24Aznoxoutaxel44ma3lstorme 8 votes
MagDK
3%
moutonolsborgAdzyTaylorbinhoLord_EomerSnubbSRoztlin45Apache_KidTrout1996WoppaBoemPassionThorn 11 votes
StamDK
2%
KayshaAzuryaSkoomahDar'NorokgetemshaunaLuciferazazellGrimlok_Sfar4ngn 8 votes
MagNB
9%
Jakxsaucefarb16_ESOSanTii.92raistin87ErilAqDDukeTonturriShanjijriMinalanDerraXevenLYESHAMBLESLexxypwnsbrandonv516OuraniasplitsandDrdeath20slicksteezinNiteHiteMatrix117 28 votes
StamNB
38%
Joy_DivisionSpringt-Über-ZwergeArwautTryxusAllPlayAndNoWorkAektannShareeSeaUnicornAllu07neb18_ESOlostcloudAhPook_Is_HereVanzenglaviustplink3r1DraxysCustos91HymzirWarraxxshockjockeykushal 113 votes
MagPlar
3%
hunterleedixon_ESOlcas.bergerb16_ESOBfish22090Highl4nd3rSugaComaBrutusmax1musWhoThenNow7AccuraxExodiumlazerlazBretonAltmerNord 11 votes
StamPlar
2%
Lynx7386DGVishVoxicityAmdar_GodkillerWrubius_CoronariaofSunholdSouthernSoldjerMaxdevil 8 votes
MagDen
1%
Sanctum74abelsgmxCaleb_Kadesh 3 votes
StamDen
28%
fastolfv_ESOSolarikenDeadlyReclusekadarAbelcher339b14_ESOKovaJsmallskaithuzariTreebeardbronskiKoensolWycksDredlordreActor1Savos_SarenKetarmishleandro.800ub17_ESOwsmith97ub17_ESOkojouWing 82 votes
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whichever class you are best at and have the most experience with.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Id stay StamNB but whichever class you master, is the best
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Stamblades/gankblades are what usually kill me almost instantly. The other classes don’t come close at all. I’d say stamdk as a close second though.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen
    StamNB is the easiest class to stack dmg with
    StamDen is the easiest class to not die and have huge dmg with
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Stam Nightblades make me angry. So easy to play yet so effective due to Surprise Attack and stealth (and their executes).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK
    Funny that I rarely seem to die to the NB gank combo unless I am not paying attention or don't have my controller in my hand. When I get hit by Incap, I have already broken free before my character's back even touches the ground. Yeah stamNB is the easiest class to get a high dmg counter on but it is also the easiest class to kill. Run any sort of detection tool such as magelight or detect pots (my personal favorite) and they are completely exposed for you to kill. That is as long as you survive the initial burst. The character that I die to stamblades the most on is my stamblade :D

I was almost tempted to pick Magplar but I think that's just because I've been playing a lot of BGs lately where they really seem to excel.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 12, 2018 2:25PM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc
    When you say pvp-wise do you just mean solo? Because when it comes to group gameplay I feel I have so much more to offer to a group with my magsorc..
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen
    If you're looking for just all around success no matter what you're after (aside from straight up ranking), stamina warden. Theres just no matching the all around burst damage, tankiness, heals, utility skills, passives and access to major and minor buffs. That said I actually don't think they're OP but they are very well made. People can still suck at stamina warden, nothing beats skill. When equal skill levels are taken into considering the stamina warden definitely has an edge over some other classes. When it comes down to it however, the only classes that are really out of luck are stam sorc and stam dk, every other class has decent access to a range of skills and morphs both mag and stam.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Those damm gankers...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Stamblades in no-CP
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StamDen
    Stamina Nightblades are annoying, but I would hardly call them the best all around. Stamina Wardens have a much more complete tool kit.
    Playing since beta...
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Funny that I rarely seem to die to the NB gank combo unless I am not paying attention or don't have my controller in my hand. When I get hit by Incap, I have already broken free before my character's back even touches the ground. Yeah stamNB is the easiest class to get a high dmg counter on but it is also the easiest class to kill. Run any sort of detection tool such as magelight or detect pots (my personal favorite) and they are completely exposed for you to kill. That is as long as you survive the initial burst. The character that I die to stamblades the most on is my stamblade :D

I was almost tempted to pick Magplar but I think that's just because I've been playing a lot of BGs lately where they really seem to excel.

Then NB attacked you is a noob. Good NB in your back you are good as dead unless you have tank build with huge health. If he inflicts CC combined poison he has 2-3 seconds to kill you. Your only option is to die.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 12, 2018 3:35PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Lol to the 4 selected MagSorc :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK

Then NB attacked you is a noob. Good NB in your back you are good as dead unless you have tank build with huge health. If he inflicts CC combined poison he has 2-3 seconds to kill you. Your only option is to die.

I have many, many hours in PvP. I have gone against NBs of every skill level. Dying is not your only option. I can survive the incap and burst on my sorc without shields up as long as I am paying attention. After Incap, ive already broken free and applied a shield at the same time the NB has their next ability hitting me. I'm sorry I just don't have the issue with StamNBs that other players do. I find its a reflex/reaction time issue for those of you that have problems with surviving ganks. Yeah in Sotha Sil i've been ganked quite a few times but No-CP is a completely different animal if that is what you are talking about.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 12, 2018 3:39PM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen
    It's hard to give a straight answer. Not sure stamblades are the best, they are probably the most abundant but can be very easy to kill the majority of them.

For all the buff Magdk threads, they can be insanely good too. Magdk wrecks stamblades 1v1. Magdks can also 1vX decently, however unlike nightblades the magdk either wins it's fights or dies, whereas nightblades can reposition.
    Biggest problem with magdk is getting the correct build, so difficult to do.

Stam wardens have a lot of good stuff going for them and can 1vpotatoes the best imo due to their burst, tankiness, ulti regen etc.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamDen
    It's a tie between StamNB and StamDen.

...though I will say I die mostly to Implosion when it comes to group fights. Damn that passive. (I secretly with mDKs had it!)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few comments that were baiting and non-productive. Please keep this discussion civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB

I have many, many hours in PvP. I have gone against NBs of every skill level. Dying is not your only option. I can survive the incap and burst on my sorc without shields up as long as I am paying attention. After Incap, ive already broken free and applied a shield at the same time the NB has their next ability hitting me. I'm sorry I just don't have the issue with StamNBs that other players do. I find its a reflex/reaction time issue for those of you that have problems with surviving ganks. Yeah in Sotha Sil i've been ganked quite a few times but No-CP is a completely different animal if that is what you are talking about.

You are joking right. You can break free first CC max . You cannot break the second CC. Dont say I can break 2 CCs in a row with potions. Once poison injected , your magicka & stamina is meh. Magicka sorcerer doesn't have that much stamina pool , adding once poison injected you are dead. Shields cannot save you. Good NB on your back you are good as dead. Just surviving some noobs NBs doesn't show anything. NB wins magicka sorc on 1v1 comfortably unless there is a skill difference in PVP area.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are joking right. You can break free first CC max . You cannot break the second CC. Dont say I can break 2 CCs in a row with potions. Once poison injected , your magicka & stamina is meh. Magicka sorcerer doesn't have that much stamina pool , adding once poison injected you are dead. Shields cannot save you. Good NB on your back you are good as dead. Just surviving some noobs NBs doesn't show anything. NB wins magicka sorc on 1v1 comfortably unless there is a skill difference in PVP area.

What?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Depends. A MagDK can be top for duels, but is tied worst solo OW. A Magplar is top for groups, but again, one of the worst of OW solo.

Putting grouped, solo and duels together I'd say Stamden, magsorc, magblade and stamblade are all up there. Being good in at least two of: Group, solo OW and duels.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 13, 2018 4:35PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Beardimus wrote: »

Well they did say PvP, not specifically any part. Magsorcs still are good in duels (pets) and for groups. (Negate, fury, encase)
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Well they did say PvP, not specifically any part. Magsorcs still are good in duels (pets) and for groups. (Negate, fury, encase)

Magsorcs vs stamNB. StamNB win comfortably. Pets in duals ? You are not serious I believe. in PVP area, your stamina pool is extremly low. As NB I have to inject drain stamina poison from bow. Spam cc. Often you can break 1 CC. Second CC , pray god and die. I can practice 100 ways of killing . Shields are uselss in PVP area mostly you can only half shield for huge magicka . You cannot avoid inevitable. Magicka sorc also lack instant reliable burst damage. Only rely on staff skills , its not enough. Pray for crystal frag to proc. NB has thousands of options for burst damange.
    StamNB have huge stamina pool. Fear >>>> encase. You can encase stamNB , In the end nothing will happen. StamNB break free with ease.
    (Negate, fury, encase) is there anything which kills stamNB on duels in cyrodil ? Are you really serious ?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    Since you said class, it’s not even a debate that nightblades as a whole are in first place.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen
    The best class is whatever class i fight and the worse class is whatever class I'm playing
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you said class, it’s not even a debate that nightblades as a whole are in first place.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDen
    The god mode class
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StamNB
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Magsorcs vs stamNB. StamNB win comfortably. Pets in duals ? You are not serious I believe. in PVP area, your stamina pool is extremly low. As NB I have to inject drain stamina poison from bow. Spam cc. Often you can break 1 CC. Second CC , pray god and die. I can practice 100 ways of killing . Shields are uselss in PVP area mostly you can only half shield for huge magicka . You cannot avoid inevitable. Magicka sorc also lack instant reliable burst damage. Only rely on staff skills , its not enough. Pray for crystal frag to proc. NB has thousands of options for burst damange.
    StamNB have huge stamina pool. Fear >>>> encase. You can encase stamNB , In the end nothing will happen. StamNB break free with ease.
    (Negate, fury, encase) is there anything which kills stamNB on duels in cyrodil ? Are you really serious ?
    Pets in duals ? You are not serious I believe.
    Why not? Pets are great in duels, close, ST, hard to kill, provides defense. etc. Only reason I liked played sorcs.

Do you know what you are on about at all? The only thing that double CCs you is knockback if they are not broken.
    Shields are uselss in PVP area mostly you can only half shield for huge magicka.
    Hardly, maybe in OW, sure. But they are one of the strongest for duels/1v1s because of lack of counters. Only very high hard pressure/oblivion goes through them, unlike getting a cloak user in a duel marked/detected.
    Magicka sorc also lack instant reliable burst damage. Only rely on staff skills , its not enough. Pray for crystal frag to proc. NB has thousands of options for burst damange.

True, but doesn't change petsorc strength in a duel. Its still decent burst on a ST, its telegraphed asf, but with pets you can pressure and burst at the end. And use rune prison, its costly but its undodgable/blockable.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc
    :trollface: jk

I'd pick a magblade or a magdk for duels or BGs, or just go with a stamden or a stamblade for literally anything and just tear ass.
    Edited by Subversus on March 13, 2018 10:52PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB
    NBs are the best. StamNB especially can tear anyone apart and escape most of the times.

See a tank? Don't worry. StamNB will take care of it after 1 incap with defiles.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on March 13, 2018 11:07PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagNB
    TFW my class has the least votes
    FeelsBadMan
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds