The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I'm so tired of queuing into incomplete vet Direfrost Keeps

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Direforst is pretty easy. Unless dps is just really low.

Its is soloable just kill boss tbeu gate die then port back.

I know it's easy... I carry people through it all the time. Did you actually read my post?

This thread isn't about Direfrost; it's about the daily pledge completion system by way of Direfrost. This particular dungeon really highlights why the pledge completion requirements need to be changed. If you port into a half-completed pledge dungeon via the activity finder, you should automatically get credit for the bosses killed up until that point. That's how the random daily dungeon system works.

Why should I be punished and have to queue again, and again, and again because people can't get past Drodda? Also, forcing people to solo the normal isn't really a good solution to the problem. I can do it on my damage dealers, sure, but what about people who are on a pure healer/tank build? Should they really have to respec and carry around another set of gear because other people are so bad that they have no choice but to solo it on normal? If you help a group complete a dungeon, EVERYONE should be rewarded, not just those who needed the carry.
    I just don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to understand the mechanics for Drodda. It’s not much at all.

I’ve got on mic and on text. Break free immediately when you get picked up!!!

Boss back to full health.

Derp.

Most just dont have the stamina to break free. Break free is the real problem. Low dps are not low becauase they are not trying. They literally try too hard and have no stam left to break free.

Break free base cost is 5.4K and about 4.7K with 31 CP in Warlord for 13% cost reduction - any half competent player will put at least that much there. Stamina players have 30K+ stamina pool, and the boss just stays put, so it's really easy to stay at full stamina weaving heavy attacks on the front bar and breaking free will barely impact that. Magicka players only have about 10K but they don't use it for anything in that fight since boss random attacks can be shielded trough - they barely hit for ~50% of the typical Harness Magicka (and being ice they also refund the cost), and even less on Hardened Ward. Also the AoE telegraph is slow enough to just move from it without the need to roll dodge and even sprint, so there's no pressure on the stamina pool. So there's really no excuse to not break free, regardless of build.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    this is a soloable dungeon js. i have soloed it on hm too.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a soloable dungeon js. i have soloed it on hm too.

Missing the point of the thread, js.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Direforst is pretty easy. Unless dps is just really low.

Its is soloable just kill boss tbeu gate die then port back.

I know it's easy... I carry people through it all the time. Did you actually read my post?

This thread isn't about Direfrost; it's about the daily pledge completion system by way of Direfrost. This particular dungeon really highlights why the pledge completion requirements need to be changed. If you port into a half-completed pledge dungeon via the activity finder, you should automatically get credit for the bosses killed up until that point. That's how the random daily dungeon system works.

Why should I be punished and have to queue again, and again, and again because people can't get past Drodda? Also, forcing people to solo the normal isn't really a good solution to the problem. I can do it on my damage dealers, sure, but what about people who are on a pure healer/tank build? Should they really have to respec and carry around another set of gear because other people are so bad that they have no choice but to solo it on normal? If you help a group complete a dungeon, EVERYONE should be rewarded, not just those who needed the carry.
    I just don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to understand the mechanics for Drodda. It’s not much at all.

I’ve got on mic and on text. Break free immediately when you get picked up!!!

Boss back to full health.

Derp.

Most just dont have the stamina to break free. Break free is the real problem. Low dps are not low becauase they are not trying. They literally try too hard and have no stam left to break free.

Break free base cost is 5.4K and about 4.7K with 31 CP in Warlord for 13% cost reduction - any half competent player will put at least that much there. Stamina players have 30K+ stamina pool, and the boss just stays put, so it's really easy to stay at full stamina weaving heavy attacks on the front bar and breaking free will barely impact that. Magicka players only have about 10K but they don't use it for anything in that fight since boss random attacks can be shielded trough - they barely hit for ~50% of the typical Harness Magicka (and being ice they also refund the cost), and even less on Hardened Ward. Also the AoE telegraph is slow enough to just move from it without the need to roll dodge and even sprint, so there's no pressure on the stamina pool. So there's really no excuse to not break free, regardless of build.

Ya we are not talking about peeps that know how to sustain tho.

Those that know how to sustain dont have any issuse with that boss. So let me just refrase so we are not debating the cost of break free.

Its a stam sustain issuse .
    They only answer i ever get in there when peeps are ha ing a hard time with last boss is.. i dont have enough stam to break free.

• Kumbiya
    Kumbiya
    ✭✭✭
    I just refuse to pug at this point in pretty much any content because, like most MMOs, most of the player base has absolutely no idea what they're doing and I don't have the patience to carry people anymore (unless they're a friend, then I will carry).
    CP 700+
    Rohuku - Redguard StamDK/Tank & Master Crafter
    Mogubishu - Altmer Warden Healer/Mag DPS
    Ruyanril - Dunmer Magblade
    Treads-Muddy-Waters - Argonian DK Tank

vAA HM/vHRC HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF/vAS/vDSA/vMA