Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Current State of ESO

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has become a Meme as many of you may have noticed. There are A stupid amount of sets out there that no one even thinks about running because of Wrobel only designing the content the crown store throws up. PvP is a joke honestly, you can stack max health and use proc sets and still kill people ridiculously fast (Idk about pve). Just get a replacement for Wrobel.

262i6v.jpg
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what is wrong but I do know that PvP does not seem all that interesting.

I came in late to ESO and joined in because I read that PvP was 'skillful' and what not. I don't find that to be the case. Most players spam 1 or 2 abilities, either through block (as in blocking while spamming) or spam 1-2 abilities and then stealth, repeating (or stack 3 attacks that can all be popped at once, usually via a macro). Gear seems to trump skill and even when two similarly geared groups fight, the 'skill' seems to be all about building up ults and unloading on 1 enemy player, similar to overwatch play, which I find really dull. Not exactly sure how any of that is 'skillful'. At least in overwatch you have some twitch skill that speeds ult building. In ESO it i just spam spam spam.... ult... spam spam spam...

I can see that the game could require skill to win and I imagine that sometimes that is the case. But those fights seem rare. Add in server side lag and other problems, just makes it all very bland and average feeling.

Fun but average is how I find ESO PvP. Really the best part of the game is the questing. Everything else seems very average. No regrets giving this a try but I can't wait for the next reasonably looking MMO to launch

I will have to agree with some of those comments.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion , experienced selfish players are the one who are destroying the game. They are simply driving new bies, even to make any good changes to the game. This includes leaching resources with ridiculous alchemy prices via guild stores. They want it that way make it inaccessible or spend several hours in farming. Experienced players will get atleast some telvars. What newbies do ? They have to do themselves. These leachers dont want ZOs to fix this issue for several years and cheaters & leachers want to remain that way.

Suppose a person comes to ESO , wants to do thieves or dark brotherhood guild , he has to spend around 15k for invisibility potions alone. He wont have that much money, he tries to farm , he wont anyway in reasonable time. Either he pays ridiculous bounty or ridiculous money for ingredients.

Dont talk about experienced players in this game. They are not doing anything good for this game , atleast selfish ones. They dont have any skill or knowledge excluding CP. Always ask for 35K dps for doing simple things , which themselves doesn't have. Always want someone to carry them , just because they belong to guild. Instantly kick people. Many of them not even able to solo a world boss LOL!!! .

Instead of asking these stupid selfish idiots , I ask ZOs to survey people who left the game especially below level 40 if they really want to fix something. They will tell you wants needs to fixed in this game and what frustrations they have compared to other games. ZOs wont have guts to do that. After all this game is for money.

Experienced players are real cancer for this game to grow. Believe it or not that is the fact. They dont to get anything fixed. They always lead to newbies starve and eventually leave the game. For ZOs money is major concern, once amount is paid, why would they care if people leave in middle ?

Conclusion is nothing will be fixed in this game to be great. ZOs themselves doesn't have any intention of fixing resource problems or any problem, because of crown sales. Cheater or leacher so called experienced player or paid troll will come and say everything fine in this game.

Instead, join the selfish leaching community. Farm telvars and sell goods are ridiculous prices in guild stores and make yourself rich. Anyway some other person will leach players anyway. No one care for people who leave the game , neither do I . If you are skilled leach 500g for skyreach , WB runs ,veteran dungeons. Make yourself rich and comfortable.

Why are you bothering about game problems , when nobody listen to you? Dont waste thread space and time here. you are fooling yourself if you look for solution. Thread closed .
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 9, 2018 6:33PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyborgdoom wrote: »
    I left ESO for a year and recently came back, but still got the same issue with the game that made me leave. Once you are at endgame level it's like.... Now what? ...

That's every MMO on the market. Every single forum, from EQ to SWTOR, has someone posting the exact same thing you just did.

Ive been playing this game off and on since launch and still have tons of stuff I haven't done.

Edited by Drachenfier on March 9, 2018 6:50PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorc
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    co-sign
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of sets yes but thats a good thing, I say we need more, make some silly ones just for RP...more choice is better....noone is forcing you to wear anything.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »

noone is forcing you to wear anything.

And often, RPers don't
  • BrockofPercival
    BrockofPercival
    ✭✭✭
    To the point of separating PvP and PvE balancing...

==> I was shocked that CP points are not split into 2 types, one that goes for PvE stuff and one for PvP stuff. That seems like a simple solution and I am surprised they didn't take it since this problem of balancing PvP&PvE is a well known one across all MMOs.
    2nd, CP is somewhat problematic for new players. It is not awful to level up but it is somewhat tedious/grindy at times. Also hidden affects on abilities are a problem for new players. Basically when I see some class all using some ability, I know that some CP points are overboosting its effects. Barely any of it is documented and the tooltips are sometimes misleading.
    As for PvP and other MMO PvP, IMO the classes in DAoC, WoW (first 2-3 years), WAR, Rift were all more interesting and the PvP had much more depth/tactics (well, Rift suffered from some 1 button macro builds, and they all had imbalances of course).

In ESO the tactics are pretty much fixed by set choice which then defines class build. I find that very counterintuitive. Class builds should work with numerous sets to create varied combat., IMO of course
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the sets that gives x ammount of spell damage to restoration, undaunted, etc abilities just seems very idiotic if im gonna be honest. Only a few of them is actually viable, but the rest just seems to be some kind of fillers. And yeah, the balancing isnt the best, but I suggest to do what I did, and that is to just take a break, it helps. I just wish there was more transperency between zenimax and the community, an eso live where they dont talk about touchy subjects isnt going anywhere.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer